Big Daddy J

Slash N Cast ranks the game's Jasons. Some... interesting choices.

7 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

What exactly about weapon swapping makes him so much better? None of the weapons are any faster than his hedge clippers as far as I know, they swing as fast as the machete.

It’s just my preference, I will say try the fire ax on him if you haven’t. The ability to control how you fight with your Jason makes a big difference in the frustration level of each one. I found a lot of that went away with Roy after I could switch off the hedge clippers, wether using the machete, the fire ax or the pig splitter he just feels more efficient. It might just be opinion and I phrased it badly before but I’m sure there’s an actual difference that could be measured. 

Edit - @MrSketchyFungus, yeah his chase game is weak compared to any destruction or any plus Shift Jason but the control more than makes up for it. He’s an anti tunnel running Jason you have to cut them off and focus on moving from target to target, not letting yourself be baited into long chases. Just keep them from getting anything done till rage then clean house. Fuck destruction.

(I love destruction so I don’t really mean that, lol.)

I can’t believe J3 is so low... like, tf?  J3 is, arguably, the best Jason in the game!  His shift is good, got +weapon damage, good morph, 5 traps, can run and his weaknesses aren't bad.  

If anything... J3 should be #2 at the very least.  Savini is the number one walking Jason, imo; J3 #1 running.  Plus water speed and stalk ain't gonna save you from an axe to your skull (unless you turn into ocean-man, aka a fish). 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

I can’t believe J3 is so low... like, tf?  J3 is, arguably, the best Jason in the game!  His shift is good, got +weapon damage, good morph, 5 traps, can run and his weaknesses aren't bad.  

If anything... J3 should be #2 at the very least.  Savini is the number one walking Jason, imo; J3 #1 running.  Plus water speed and stalk ain't gonna save you from an axe to your skull (unless you turn into ocean-man, aka a fish). 

Part 3's placement confused me as well. Maybe it's a different meta on pc?

20 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Personally I rank 8, 9, and 5 above 3. But y'know, different play-styles and opinions and all that.

2 and 4 are bottom of the barrel garbage tier.  -shift is the worst weakness to have as Jason. 

6 and 8 are top tier.  Depends on if you prefer +shift and knives or destruction.

Everything else is interchangeable in the middle.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SirMang said:

2 and 4 are bottom of the barrel garbage tier.  -shift is the worst weakness to have as Jason. 

6 and 8 are top tier.  Depends on if you prefer +shift and knives or destruction.

Disagree with 6. -Morph is a huge pain in the ass. I'll take 5 and 9 over 6 all day.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

I'm torn on 2. Extra taps and the + morph are great tools, but yea, good luck if the car gets started.

12 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Disagree with 6. -Morph is a huge pain in the ass. I'll take 5 and 9 over 6 all day.

Agreed. 5>6

2 and 4 would be pretty deadly with the same shift speed and duration as the normal shift but with the cooldown of negative Morph. A lot of that is the car play and the fact that standing still with the car makes it invulnerable, which is something the devs should've altered a LONG TIME AGO. Perhaps Jason could've blown out a tire or something from the side with a throwing knife or slash and then the counselors would have to start the car AND repair a tire with a minigame. But new content so that ain't happening.

It never made sense to me that Morph only became a cooldown strength whereas they decided to heavily penalize negative shift as opposed to normal and positive shift.

Its bafflling...

+ Shift = Faster cooldown, longer shift, faster shift

Neutral = Normal

= Shift = Longer cooldown, slower shift, shorter shift

+ Morph = Faster cooldown

Neutral = Normal cooldown

- Morph = Slower cooldown

It doesn't make any sense. Could you imagine if they made negative Morph take a longer duration to get to the destination on top of the cooldown? NOBODY would play as Part 6.

They really should make negative shift have a cooldown disadvantage but keep the average speed.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

They really should make negative shift have a cooldown disadvantage but keep the average speed.

Part 2 and 4 would be so much better if they did that.

• Like 1

I love these guys'! Unfortunately though... I don't agree with the no love for J-2. He's one of my favs! I think he's one of the best.

Part 2 Jason excels against uncoordinated groups of strangers, because there are so many traps and so many quick morphs that nobody can get anything done all by themselves. But if people coordinate and push two objectives at once, J2 is in a far worse position than most versions of Jason. All Jasons are at a disadvantage when against coordinated groups, but Part 2 moreso as his map control means nothing against such a group.

Ok, I quit watching after they said Part 2 has a slow morph and a "beautiful" stalk.

Part 2 is LITERALLY the ONLY Jason with +Morph.  Stalk is not one of his advantages.  Have these guys played the game?

The whole list is pointless when they prove with the very first Jason they don't have their facts straight.

Also, what's their obsession with water speed?  Water speed is a very marginally valuable trait, rendered completely useless on the small maps.

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Ok, I quit watching after they said Part 2 has a slow morph and a "beautiful" stalk.

Part 2 is LITERALLY the ONLY Jason with +Morph.  Stalk is not one of his advantages.  Have these guys played the game?

The whole list is pointless when they prove with the very first Jason they don't have their facts straight.

Also, what's their obsession with water speed?  Water speed is a very marginally valuable trait, rendered completely useless on the small maps.

Pretty sure they meant he has slow shift and just misspoke.

Edit: Actually, the first comment on the video is him correcting himself, so there ya go.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:41 PM, Dolemite said:

Actually, I goofed. I started watching their video above and realized that I mixed them up with someone else. I have falsely maligned them!

They're honestly totally fine. However, their Jason rankings are fucking terrible. Sorry.

Phew, I thought you hated me... 

On 3/3/2019 at 10:15 PM, Big Daddy J said:

Considering the fact that Part 4 seems to be nearly unanimously considered the worst on these forums, his ranking was quite surprising. What do you guys think of their list? Number 1 is no surprise at least.

Listen, I'm sorry lol I suck at Jason anyway. (Also, I forgot my account password, now I'm a noob again.  Great)

4 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Yeah, that's just me being stupid.  I suck so bad with Part 2 that I rarely ever play him and don't know shit off the top of my head.  When we were going through a wiki image of the Jasons when prepping for this, apparently all of the stats were wrong.  

In terms of water speed, that's just something I always take advantage of when I'm playing Jason.  Nic never plays as Jason... Like ever.  so that's different.  Clearly however, we are more of counselor players lol

On 3/4/2019 at 6:35 AM, tyrant666 said:

Problem I have with Slash N Cast is even though they cover the game more than most and have since the start through the good and the bad. I find them to be less than objective when it comes to Gunmedia. I feel like they tow the company line and while I don't need them to be overly negative, I'd at least like them to be objective and I don't feel they are.

In terms of their rankings. As always, its opinion.

I'd put Part 7 over Part 8 with weapon swap. Controversial sure, but I value weapon strength over destruction since with combat stance and the right weapon, you're trading a couple less door swings for more up close melee damage and when you consider counselor still the advantage in combat until Jason has rage, its the trade I value more. As long as counselors can swing through Jason's swings, they will ALWAYS have the edge unless fast block comes back or they prevent counselors from swinging if hit for like a one second cooldown. I also don't value traps as much because they are WORTHLESS against a lobby with at least half the counselors loaded up on thick skin, medic, etc. They are alarms and nothing more and until they receive a buff, they aren't really anything more than Jason alarms. Knives are infinity more valuable because counselors can't get the get out of jail free hit from a distance if Jason lands the knife.

Stalk itself as a late game mechanic is useless because it comes too late and its obvious they won't change the order and said as much in the streams recently. I value longer Sense more even though again, its a toggle and AGAIN, its something they've said won't be changing.

Hey there! I appreciate you checking out the video.  In terms of Gun, I did want to say that we've called them out when we felt we needed to - things like poor transparency before Shifty, lack of specific priorities, engine upgrade, revealing content way too early on, etc.  Unfortunately, we get stuck a lot attempting to correct very poorly informed people when discussing things like the lawsuit.  In attempt to correct that, it always seems like we are just bowing down to Gun, when that's not the point.  I totally hear your perspective however and is something we try to be mindful of.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SlashNCast said:

Listen, I'm sorry lol I suck at Jason anyway. (Also, I forgot my account password, now I'm a noob again.  Great)

I mean, there is no need to apologize, if you like Part 4 that's fair enough. My personal list is this:

1. Savini

2. Part 8

3. Part 5

4. Part 9

5. Part 3

6. Part 6

7. Part 7

8. Part 2

9. Part 4

It all depends on your play-style really. I know I rank Part 9 higher than most, but I always annihilate with him.

For the record, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are the real Riley, but to easily prove it you could just reply to this comment I left on your video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URaPTUx19sM&lc=UgxyYfR6erxJQ73KQJt4AaABAg.8s28kGcpAu18s7Xzm5V4gg

Best to worst in my opinion:

#1) Pt 3

(Savini)

#2) Pt 5

#3) Pt 2

#4) Pt 8

#5) Pt 9

#6) Pt 7

#7) Pt 6

#8) Pt 4

8 hours ago, SlashNCast said:

Phew, I thought you hated me... 

*smooch*

8 hours ago, SlashNCast said:

Yeah, that's just me being stupid.  I suck so bad with Part 2 that I rarely ever play him and don't know shit off the top of my head.  When we were going through a wiki image of the Jasons when prepping for this, apparently all of the stats were wrong.  

In terms of water speed, that's just something I always take advantage of when I'm playing Jason.  Nic never plays as Jason... Like ever.  so that's different.  Clearly however, we are more of counselor players lol

So if you guys don't really play as Jason, why would you make a video ranking them?

That's about as helpful as Helen Keller ranking movies.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

So if you guys don't really play as Jason, why would you make a video ranking them?

That's about as helpful as Helen Keller ranking movies.

This is a series of ours we are diving into and is simply for fun. It was to start a discussion and engage with our audience, which clearly it worked lol  It's not meant to change minds and serve as a "my opinion is better than yours" scenario.  Again, just for fun 

• Like 1