Big Daddy J

Slash N Cast ranks the game's Jasons. Some... interesting choices.

Considering the fact that Part 4 seems to be nearly unanimously considered the worst on these forums, his ranking was quite surprising. What do you guys think of their list? Number 1 is no surprise at least.

Watched his video earlier. I think his rankings are fine imo

3 minutes ago, HaydenX said:

Watched his video earlier. I think his rankings are fine imo

I don't think there is anything "wrong" with their choices per say. Just surprising.

Slash N Cast is the worst. Don't waste your time watching their videos.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Slash N Cast is the worst. Don't waste your time watching their videos.

Not true at all. Actually, I find them to be the only channel that covers the game that is worth watching.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Not true at all. Actually, I find them to be the only channel that covers the game that is worth watching.

Actually, I goofed. I started watching their video above and realized that I mixed them up with someone else. I have falsely maligned them!

They're honestly totally fine. However, their Jason rankings are fucking terrible. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dolemite said:

Actually, I goofed. I started watching their video above and realized that I mixed them up with someone else. I have falsely maligned them!

Ah, OK. That makes more sense.

I always preferred J9 for his shift and stalk but would play as all the Jason's just for the hell of it. 

15 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I always preferred J9 for his shift and stalk but would play as all the Jason's just for the hell of it. 

J9 is my main, I love him. If you know how to play him he's a monster.

• Like 1

Watched it earlier. I am really just baffled by their rankings. Part 3 is the best in my opinion. 

This list is....puzzling. Maybe theh are ranking based on how cool/effective and easy they are? I don’t know how you can logically put 4 above 3.

I didn't much agree with their take. My take low to high. 

Final Chapter. Bad shift and negative traps? Against a lobby pushing objectives hard, he doesn't work. 

Lives. Bad Morph gets punished too hard when dealing with multiple objectives.

Baghead. Bad shift hurts. Traps and running have him a bit better than the above. Being able to police objectives is good provided cars don't get started.

New Blood. Revised shift and being able to slash has him just above Baghead in my book. 

Roy. Feels very middle of the road for me. 

Manhattan/3-D I feel I do better with 3, but damn, if J8 isn't a beast. 

Jason goes to Hell. Shift that just won't end, decent stalk. I clean house with him even with 3 traps, more often than not. I'd also put Savini here. He has 9's shift, destruction and feels a lot like 3 otherwise. 

Problem I have with Slash N Cast is even though they cover the game more than most and have since the start through the good and the bad. I find them to be less than objective when it comes to Gunmedia. I feel like they tow the company line and while I don't need them to be overly negative, I'd at least like them to be objective and I don't feel they are.

In terms of their rankings. As always, its opinion.

I'd put Part 7 over Part 8 with weapon swap. Controversial sure, but I value weapon strength over destruction since with combat stance and the right weapon, you're trading a couple less door swings for more up close melee damage and when you consider counselor still the advantage in combat until Jason has rage, its the trade I value more. As long as counselors can swing through Jason's swings, they will ALWAYS have the edge unless fast block comes back or they prevent counselors from swinging if hit for like a one second cooldown. I also don't value traps as much because they are WORTHLESS against a lobby with at least half the counselors loaded up on thick skin, medic, etc. They are alarms and nothing more and until they receive a buff, they aren't really anything more than Jason alarms. Knives are infinity more valuable because counselors can't get the get out of jail free hit from a distance if Jason lands the knife.

Stalk itself as a late game mechanic is useless because it comes too late and its obvious they won't change the order and said as much in the streams recently. I value longer Sense more even though again, its a toggle and AGAIN, its something they've said won't be changing.

As a part 2 Jason main, i can say that if you know how to use him, he can be very hard to escape from if you know how to guard the objectives. I think it's all down to which Jason you prefer to play. I do like how J9 was not towards the bottom ,if you can handle the lack of traps, his a very good Jason. Part 8 will always be number 1 or up there because besides walking, his got no real weakness. And they said P3 and P2 are similar virtually when Part 3 can wipe out and entire camp with how strong his weapon damage is. 

The only thing P4 Jason has going for him over P3 is +Destruction, right? Shift, morph, traps and water speed are all worse.
How on earth is he above P3 on any list?

10 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Ah, OK. That makes more sense.

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck I was thinking.

I main part 8. I love his shift and reasonably quick morph. 5 traps is plenty to work with. Not being able to run/jog always stinks but I do really well with stalk. Typically, I’ll front load traps on the phone house and one escape route and watch the second closely which works well, morphing between the 3 escape routes to make sure no ones getting past the traps. I also like to save one trap as I always end up needing it at random. 90% no survivors. Occasionally I get bested 😊

Because I like to change things up, I’ll try cassioanlly switch to Part 5, part 6, or part 2 Jason. For me, traps are essential. I don’t often go in the way of a Jason with only 3. I also don’t mind not being able to run as I do well with stalk. 

I get number 4 has low traps and a quick shift. However after the update he is the Michael Jordan of jasons, Quick on his feet ,solid weapon, and great reach Ive been running him lately and hes great. Before the update I would run part 2. Never understood the part4 hate.

12 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

Well I disagree with everything they say their no 1 Jason is the worst one but i always disagree with those guys being  a girl i see things differently my best Jason is the one with the tight trousers and the long spear dont ask me the numbers i dont know them 

9 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I didn't much agree with their take. My take low to high. 

Final Chapter. Bad shift and negative traps? Against a lobby pushing objectives hard, he doesn't work. 

Lives. Bad Morph gets punished too hard when dealing with multiple objectives.

Baghead. Bad shift hurts. Traps and running have him a bit better than the above. Being able to police objectives is good provided cars don't get started.

New Blood. Revised shift and being able to slash has him just above Baghead in my book. 

Roy. Feels very middle of the road for me. 

Manhattan/3-D I feel I do better with 3, but damn, if J8 isn't a beast. 

Jason goes to Hell. Shift that just won't end, decent stalk. I clean house with him even with 3 traps, more often than not. I'd also put Savini here. He has 9's shift, destruction and feels a lot like 3 otherwise. 

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

As a part 2 Jason main, i can say that if you know how to use him, he can be very hard to escape from if you know how to guard the objectives. I think it's all down to which Jason you prefer to play. I do like how J9 was not towards the bottom ,if you can handle the lack of traps, his a very good Jason. Part 8 will always be number 1 or up there because besides walking, his got no real weakness. And they said P3 and P2 are similar virtually when Part 3 can wipe out and entire camp with how strong his weapon damage is. 

I'm actually quite happy to see so much love for Part 9, he's severely underrated. He really is a beast once you get the hang of him.

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

I'm actually quite happy to see so much love for Part 9, he's severely underrated. He really is a beast once you get the hang of him.

Honestly, traps are his only real negative for me. I feel that once shift comes online it's all downhill if the counselors haven't gotten a move on. 

Slash and Cast called it right. J9 is a sleeper powerhouse. 

Part two is not the weakest Jason. There other choices are debatable but in this case they’re just wrong, he even said he has a bad Morph recharge. I can’t remember exactly what every Jason has off the top of my head but the fact the neither of them knows his powers might have something to do with his ranking. Part 2 has the best objective control and while his late game car stopping leaves much to be desired, he can normally make sure that doesn’t happen. Just focus the four seater and the phone, ignore the two seater and only go for the boat at the exit gate, when you hear it start. 

I’m glad they didn’t do Roy nasty, he’s decent in his own way and definitely good for new people. Let’s you learn quick throwing, and has good traps. He becomes much better after weapon swapping but then again they all do. 

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Part two is not the weakest Jason. There other choices are debatable but in this case they’re just wrong, he even said he has a bad Morph recharge. I can’t remember exactly what every Jason has off the top of my head but the fact the neither of them knows his powers might have something to do with his ranking. Part 2 has the best objective control and while his late game car stopping leaves much to be desired, he can normally make sure that doesn’t happen. Just focus the four seater and the phone, ignore the two seater and only go for the boat at the exit gate, when you hear it start. 

I’m glad they didn’t do Roy nasty, he’s decent in his own way and definitely good for new people. Let’s you learn quick throwing, and has good traps. He becomes much better after weapon swapping but then again they all do. 

What exactly about weapon swapping makes him so much better? None of the weapons are any faster than his hedge clippers as far as I know, they swing as fast as the machete.

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Agreed, I main Part 2 and his biggest struggle is in the chase. I usually just use shift as an add on right after a morph honestly, but his morph is killer and that's a big flub on them.