Hello!

I saw in a reddit forum, that devs can look up the number of kills/matches we've completed, if we provide our PSN by messaging through the game website, so here goes:

My PSN is NotZach02 and my brothers is maxcap31. Kill #'s and Jason/Counselor Match #'s would be greatly appreciated for the both of us.

Been grinding for weeks, man. I'm not sure if bot kills are counting towards the 666/1313 kills trophies either. Every day I tell myself "I'm close! I can feel it!" then nothing.

Thx in advance!

• Like 1

I just got the trophy for 1000 matches as Jason, so I'd be interested in knowing mine if it's possible.

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I just got the trophy for 1000 matches as Jason, so I'd be interested in knowing mine if it's possible.

I haven’t even gotten the 500 matches trophy yet, so I would like to know where I’m at. I’ve got to be close. 

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I haven’t even gotten the 500 matches trophy yet, so I would like to know where I’m at. I’ve got to be close. 

Same here.

Same here. Hell, I’d love to see all my stats that they have. It the only thing that annoys me about PS4, it has shit tracking of stats.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Same here. Hell, I’d love to see all my stats that they have. It the only thing that annoys me about PS4, it has shit tracking of stats.

One thing I love about the Xbox One achievements system is the progress bars. Not all games have them because the devs have to program them in, but man is it wonderful when they do. Seeing that little bar go up every match I played kept me going. I dunno if I would have gotten the full 1000 gamerscore without that, it kept me motivated to actually be able to watch my progress increase.

25 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

One thing I love about the Xbox One achievements system is the progress bars. Not all games have them because the devs have to program them in, but man is it wonderful when they do. Seeing that little bar go up every match I played kept me going. I dunno if I would have gotten the full 1000 gamerscore without that, it kept me motivated to actually be able to watch my progress increase.

Definitely jealous, I don’t necessarily need the motivation but it seems like an obvious thing to show players, to encourage completing everything. I’m running out of other things to complete and haven’t hit 500 yet.

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Definitely jealous, I don’t necessarily need the motivation but it seems like an obvious thing to show players, to encourage completing everything. I’m running out of other things to complete and haven’t hit 500 yet.

Same. Every match I get to be Jason I wait to see that little trophy notification. But nothing. Then I realize that I'd only be half way there.

• Haha 1

MR. @poopypants Awesome name... and welcome to the forums.

On "F13game.com" if you scroll down a bit, you will find the "player highlight"... which gives us a couple of stats on the highlighted player... who has been "carryondivd" for a long time now... Here we see his favored Jason, number of kills at the time of posting, doors broken down at the time of posting and number of matches played at the time of posting.... My point is, this player highlight used to change every now and again and showed different stats for different players highlighted... 

So yes... they can check these things out for you... BUT... now everyone is going to want them to do this...
   Its like the whole potato chips thingy... If I give one to you, I have to give one to everybody else... while this may not be a difficult task to do for one or two players, the volume of work this could create may very quickly blossom into a full time job for several people.

Just a "fun fact"... on steam, the progress towards these achievements shows a number to indicate where your progress is... but only until you get the achievement. It does kind of suck that this is not true for the consoles though.
   Also... I have noticed that if you do not complete your match, nothing will register towards the achievement... which probably works that way across all platforms.
   Also... the tracking on some of these achievements is a bit loopy... and sometimes will not register something... Which I noticed when I got my PHD in murder achievement... the achievement popped up when I used dismemberment on Part 7 Jason... which happened to be my favorite kill for that particular variant, and I had already used it MANY times before this point... But it has been a long time since I got that one... so thing "might" have changed on that.

22 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Then I realize that I'd only be half way there.

Get the achievement notification and be excited for all of about two seconds, then realize you will have to play the same amount of time again, if not more to get to 1000. It will be like getting punched in the gut, lol.

It's too bad you couldnt just reset the badge count in the game. At least it would be something.

@poopypants, @HaHaTrumpWon, @thrawn3054, @Slasher_Clone, @MRWood204

Someone asked on Gun’s twitch feed about stat tracking. This was Mat’s response:

“Stats are unlikely as we discussed in a previous episode of BEYOND. We used to have stat tracking active for a massive variety of stats and that lead to unbearable loads on servers. Now, we have no stat tracking, but considering where the project is at this time, it's unlikely we'll be reworking the system or rebuilding it to offer a limited amount of stats that can not overload things. It's not high enough priority to devote resources to at this time.”

So unfortunately, I guess us PS4 users will remain in the dark about where we stand on an achievement until we achieve it. 

Hi All,

For anyone still following the thread - or anyone new that wanted to check out the topic....

Over the weekend, I finally got my 500 Counselor trophy grinding in Private Matches - so I can confirm Private Matches work! I recommend keeping a tally from the get-go (or at least keep a tally once you hit 500) so you're not playing a guessing game the entire time.

My F13 partner and I always play Private Match/Random Map/Random Jason. Surprisingly, I still haven't unlocked the 500 Jason matches yet - or the 666 kills.

Since I got 500 Counselor, I reckon I must be close to 500 Jason. However, I've played oodles of matches against Bots (7-8 kills/game) and still haven't unlocked 666 kills. Kinda surprised it hasn't popped yet.

I'm beginning to think Bot Matches are a waste of time grinding toward the 666/1313 kills trophies.

4 hours ago, poopypants said:

I'm beginning to think Bot Matches are a waste of time grinding toward the 666/1313 kills trophies.

I just started playing on Xbox, and I got the 666/1313 in, like, three days? 

Edit: This was bots, btw. 

On 3/4/2019 at 5:22 PM, Dead Meme said:

I just started playing on Xbox, and I got the 666/1313 in, like, three days? 

Edit: This was bots, btw. 

So offline mode does earn trophies?

Matt hasn’t been visiting the forum much, maybe he’s at PAX or something.

(If it’s my fault, than sorry campers, he wasn’t supposed to take it that hard.)

So for private matches, you can earn all achievements. 

Offline modes are a bit trickier. There are some that can be earned offline, but we do not currently have a comprehensive list. I do know the kills on counselors offline count towards the totals though.

Thanks for your understanding with my absence as I have been traveling for PAX in support of Layers of Fear 2. I'm back in office and will be catching up throughout the day.

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

So for private matches, you can earn all achievements. 

Offline modes are a bit trickier. There are some that can be earned offline, but we do not currently have a comprehensive list. I do know the kills on counselors offline count towards the totals though.

Thanks for your understanding with my absence as I have been traveling for PAX in support of Layers of Fear 2. I'm back in office and will be catching up throughout the day.

I know that you guys will eventually get a list of what can and cannot be done online versus offline. Is there a chance that some of the achievements could be changed to be earned either way? I'm asking on behalf of a few players who only play the game offline.

• Like 1