Sign in to follow this  
kellebelx

Help the game doesnt work

Helllo i am new here. I have Always played Friday The 13th on the PS4, but now i wanted to try something else. So i uploaded steam and i bought the game but now i get error messages that certain files are missing something with uncooked. does anybody now what i need to do to play the game because i dont want to waste my money on a game if i not can play it so please someone who can help me. thanks 

and sorry for my english i am from the Netherlands :)

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 5:49 PM, kellebelx said:

Helllo i am new here. I have Always played Friday The 13th on the PS4, but now i wanted to try something else. So i uploaded steam and i bought the game but now i get error messages that certain files are missing something with uncooked. does anybody now what i need to do to play the game because i dont want to waste my money on a game if i not can play it so please someone who can help me. thanks 

Greetings... and welcome to the forums. 

An uncooked file or (raw file) is something that needs to be opened (or cooked) with another program... Take a look at the link bellow, it is for ARk/survival... but it could be the same issue for you... as direct X does need to be the proper version (or above) for any game you are playing.

The second link is where you can download an updated version of direct X.

Also... missing files may have been quarantined by your anti virus program... if this is the case, you will need to add an exception for the file in the anti virus program.

I hope this helps... if it does not... come back and we can always ask someone else. But if all else fails... you could try to uninstall the game and reinstall the game... or file verification, but I find a reinstall seems to work better for most programs that the verification does.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/615086038664426297/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=35