CptZombieSteve

Jason & Juju Zombies

Just some random info from nerd land:

In AD&D Jason Vorhees is considered a JuJu Zombie and actually has/had at the time and official character sheet.

Jason Vorhess: Juju Zombie  Level 20

A  juju zombie appears to be an ordinary zombie at first glance, although it is generally in better condition than most of the walking dead. Its flesh has a grayish cast, and its skin is leathery and hard. A hateful light burns in its sunken eyes - the juju zombie comprehends its condition and loathes the foul magic that sustains it. A juju zombie free to do as it wishes is a bloodthirsty thing, driven to destroy the living and bring woe wherever it wanders. 

A juju zombie retains all the base creature's special qualities and also gains those special qualities. Juju Zombies tend to be quiet and immune to electricity, they seem to appear out of nowhere.  Juju Zombies have improved initiative and incredible toughness feats 

AD&D was a bit before my time. I got in with 3rd edition. I do recall reading that 1st or 2nd edition put some things in the monster manual (Cthulhu) that got them in hot water. 

With that, a Pathfinder writeup of a Juju Zombie. The example presented would mop up NPC classes and even likely give a fight to 1st level adventurers. 

Also if you download the D20 Modern ruleset (you can do so for free) this fan supplement put in a lot of effort to make a Jason game work.  

My first experience with a juju zombie was with the old Ravenloft module NIGHT OF THE WALKING DEAD (AD&D 2nd Edition). Good stuff. 

Regarding that Pathfinder site -- I designed a few official monsters and one of the official prestige classes for that game (1st edition). 

Jason is covered in White Wolfs the World of Darkness, specifically their Wraith book as a Risen. Risen are ghosts who climb back into their bodies from the lands of the dead, it’s kinda cool that he get added to all these games. 

The thing I liked about it as a teenager was that both Freddy and Jason could be written up out of the same book without needing the other core books, always found that cool.