tyrant666

What's The Logic In Not Keeping Double XP/CP//Tape Drops?

To me, it doesn't make much sense to keep XP/CP and Tape drops at their normal interval anymore.

Reasons

1. The playerbase is so small now

2. The newer players you might actually gain probably won't stick around because..

2A. Less players equals less games

2B. Less games equals less chance to earn XP/CP/Tapes

2C. Given some of what's left of the playerbase are toxic trolls and tryhards in terms of both Jason/Counselor who rage/disconnect if they can't kill/troll, etc

Why would the new players stick around to earn a couple color swaps, bloody Jason skins and weapon swap near the very end when its going to take much longer?

3. Content is dead, that's all we've heard now since forever and as we've seen already, they are VERY hesistant to make more than a handful of sweeping changes to gameplay and when they do, they still want it to sit or 'marinate' for 6 months even despite how low the playerbase is.

It would make more sense to keep the double XP/CP/Tapes and then go with something like triple XP/CP/Tape drops for 'special' events and days. This way you give newer players incentive to play. Granted, the flip side to this is you piss off some of the diehard/veteran players who have been there since day one playing with normal XP/CP/Tapes. My answer to that is they've already pissed off so many of them to the point of quitting the game at this point that there is actually more incentive to gain new players than what veterans who still play might actually leave because of it.

Yes/No?

• Thanks 2

I totally agree.  I've been at 150 for a while now, so I don't gain anything from it (other than better chance to get those last few Tommy tapes I'm missing).

But I have friends who play who really want to get to 113 to get weapon swapping.  For them, it seems like an interminable grind.

• Like 1

I agree 100%. You listed some excellent reasons why they should totally make the Double XP/CP/Tape Drops permanent going forward. 

5 hours ago, Toast Maloane said:

I have a feeling they’ll release content if they settle though. 

No. They've already said there will be absolutely no more new content, even if the case is settled tomorrow. It sucks, but it's a fact.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The playerbase is so small now

The player base has never really been that big.

The newer players you might actually gain probably won't stick around because..

The correct answer here is "Trolls" and the "toxic community"... which is plainly obvious from reading the negative reviews... even the worst of them say this same thing, but most add "It is still lots of fun to play with friends."

Why would the new players stick around to earn a couple color swaps, bloody Jason skins and weapon swap near the very end when its going to take much longer?

Most games any of us will ever play are a grind, granted... some are far more of a grind than others... But we stick with them because we love playing them... and leave the games when we grow bored of them.

Content is dead, that's all we've heard now since forever and as we've seen already, they are VERY hesistant to make more than a handful of sweeping changes to gameplay and when they do, they still want it to sit or 'marinate' for 6 months even despite how low the playerbase is.

A great many games out there have been abandoned for much longer than this game has existed... Some have just as many or more bugs still in them than this game does, yet for some reason... people still play them.
   Sweeping changes to ANY game is a bad idea... and for this type of game, any balance change beyond baby steps could be a drastic mistake.
   Also... ANY change made to this or any other game must be given a chance... which takes time... the size of the player base of the game is irrelevant when considering this.

I am not against leaving the bonus XP and tape drops up permanently... But in the end... anyone who plays just to get every badge and achievement and every collectable and Max level... well, many of these "completionists" end up quitting the moment they get everything... which, in the end... or at least over time... could end up hurting the player base rather than helping it.

6 hours ago, Toast Maloane said:

Agreed. I have a feeling they’ll release content if they settle though. 

Do not count on it... EVER.
   There is now an extra license holder to pay IF anything would be added.
    1: If he asks for more than what the devs and other license holders consider a "reasonable" sum... it is NEVER going to happen.
    2: If he in ANY way gets back paid (if new content is added) for sales previous to when said content is added... the game would be INSTANTLY bankrupted and die on the spot.
    3: These above points have never been discussed by any of the involved parties (at least not publicly)… and I wonder why that is.

In the end... paying another license holder anything at all was never in their business model... But now, they would HAVE to pay another license holder IF any new content was EVER added... and with laws being as whacky as they are... the above points MUST be considered. They are running a business... not playing at running one...
    No New Content... it has been said over and over and over again.... this is your final answer.

Also... Welcome to the forums.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

The player base has never really been that big.

The correct answer here is "Trolls" and the "toxic community"... which is plainly obvious from reading the negative reviews... even the worst of them say this same thing, but most add "It is still lots of fun to play with friends."

Most games any of us will ever play are a grind, granted... some are far more of a grind than others... But we stick with them because we love playing them... and leave the games when we grow bored of them.

A great many games out there have been abandoned for much longer than this game has existed... Some have just as many or more bugs still in them than this game does, yet for some reason... people still play them.
   Sweeping changes to ANY game is a bad idea... and for this type of game, any balance change beyond baby steps could be a drastic mistake.
   Also... ANY change made to this or any other game must be given a chance... which takes time... the size of the player base of the game is irrelevant when considering this.

I am not against leaving the bonus XP and tape drops up permanently... But in the end... anyone who plays just to get every badge and achievement and every collectable and Max level... well, many of these "completionists" end up quitting the moment they get everything... which, in the end... or at least over time... could end up hurting the player base rather than helping it.

Do not count on it... EVER.
   There is now an extra license holder to pay IF anything would be added.
    1: If he asks for more than what the devs and other license holders consider a "reasonable" sum... it is NEVER going to happen.
    2: If he in ANY way gets back paid (if new content is added) for sales previous to when said content is added... the game would be INSTANTLY bankrupted and die on the spot.
    3: These above points have never been discussed by any of the involved parties (at least not publicly)… and I wonder why that is.

In the end... paying another license holder anything at all was never in their business model... But now, they would HAVE to pay another license holder IF any new content was EVER added... and with laws being as whacky as they are... the above points MUST be considered. They are running a business... not playing at running one...
    No New Content... it has been said over and over and over again.... this is your final answer.

Also... Welcome to the forums.

I like to be hopeful about things. Plus they’ve lied about other things like the dedicated servers on day one. Have a little faith boyo. And thanks. :)

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I agree about the abandonment of games, but would like to add one more point. Some people leave games with the intention of returning to them someday. With so many good games out on the market, one doesn't have time to play all of them.

2 hours ago, Toast Maloane said:

I like to be hopeful about things. Plus they’ve lied about other things like the dedicated servers on day one. Have a little faith boyo.

It's been said no new content is coming. Even if new content did manage to come about, it wouldn't be a lie so much as it would be a change of heart. It could happen, but it's extremely unlikely.

10 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Why do players who have unlocked and achieved everything still play this game? Some people don't need rewards to justify playing a game.

3. Content is dead, that's all we've heard now since forever and as we've seen already, they are VERY hesistant to make more than a handful of sweeping changes to gameplay and when they do, they still want it to sit or 'marinate' for 6 months even despite how low the playerbase is.

It would make more sense to keep the double XP/CP/Tapes and then go with something like triple XP/CP/Tape drops for 'special' events and days. This way you give newer players incentive to play. Granted, the flip side to this is you piss off some of the diehard/veteran players who have been there since day one playing with normal XP/CP/Tapes. My answer to that is they've already pissed off so many of them to the point of quitting the game at this point that there is actually more incentive to gain new players than what veterans who still play might actually leave because of it.

Even if you adjust the XP/CP/tape drops, it would never be enough. Make it all 2x full time. People would want 3x. Make it 3x full time, they'd want 5x, 10x, and so on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toast Maloane said:

I like to be hopeful about things. Plus they’ve lied about other things like the dedicated servers on day one. Have a little faith boyo. And thanks. :)

There is nothing wrong with being hopeful... But when you get your hopes up too high... It becomes a very long fall into disappointment when reality sets in... And the reality is... There will be NO NEW CONTENT.
   Faith is irrelevant… believing something without evidence does not go well... particularly when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. But hope... it is alright to have hope, but it will often be in vane. 
   Dedicated servers are here... for all platforms... Hardly a lie there.
   If you want to go around throwing accusation about anyone lying... you need to include some actual PROOF with that... or it makes you look like a troll. There are also laws against libel and slander.

Also... don't call me boyo... I am much older than you think.... Kiddo.

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Some people leave games with the intention of returning to them someday. With so many good games out on the market, one doesn't have time to play all of them.

I leave and come back to games all the time... because I have fun playing them still... or even love playing some of them still.
  And as you know... I have been playing video games since the first video game... there have been so many games that I have played and beaten... and a great many of them I have played and beaten more than once... and I still go back to some of them.
  One of my friends bought a stand up arcade machine a few years back... and it has all of the old archaic games on it (literally hundreds of them)... Pac Man... Space Invaders... and so many others... and we still have fun playing them now and again.
  This game, however... I have a great love of the franchise, and of the game. There are few games I have played for even close to as many hours as I have into this game... and I will keep coming back until it is dead... or I am. I am one of those people that do not need rewards to play a game... I play it because I want to play it... not because I am expecting some kind of reward.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I leave and come back to games all the time... because I have fun playing them still... or even love playing some of them still.

And as you know... I have been playing video games since the first video game... there have been so many games that I have played and beaten... and a great many of them I have played and beaten more than once... and I still go back to some of them.
  One of my friends bought a stand up arcade machine a few years back... and it has all of the old archaic games on it (literally hundreds of them)... Pac Man... Space Invaders... and so many others... and we still have fun playing them now and again.
  This game, however... I have a great love of the franchise, and of the game. There are few games I have played for even close to as many hours as I have into this game... and I will keep coming back until it is dead... or I am. I am one of those people that do not need rewards to play a game... I play it because I want to play it... not because I am expecting some kind of reward.

We are alike in that regard. I have a great many games in my personal collection. It's just too many to give equal attention to all of them. I keep about fifty or so in active rotation, including this game. The leaves the other several hundred for my extended family to indulge in when they visit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

There is nothing wrong with being hopeful... But when you get your hopes up too high... It becomes a very long fall into disappointment when reality sets in... And the reality is... There will be NO NEW CONTENT.
   Faith is irrelevant… believing something without evidence does not go well... particularly when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. But hope... it is alright to have hope, but it will often be in vane. 
   Dedicated servers are here... for all platforms... Hardly a lie there.
   If you want to go around throwing accusation about anyone lying... you need to include some actual PROOF with that... or it makes you look like a troll. There are also laws against libel and slander.

Also... don't call me boyo... I am much older than you think.... Kiddo.

Cool it dude. Christ sakes. I was trying to be optimistic. Them lying? They said dedicated servers would come out day one. Did that happen? No. Did Paranoia come out? No. They’ve lied about a few things and gone back on their word. Now, whether that’s because of restrictions or time constraints is understandable but it’s not to be taken lightly considering that dedicated servers isn’t a joke, it’s an integral part of the game. Think about it. They probably care a lot about this game and love the fans. They want this stupid lawsuit to end like everybody else. There is a chance for new content and as long as there’s a shred of hope, I’m gonna hope. 

45 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Permanently raising CP/XP etc would be great because it would invigorate the player base with the prospect of rolling good perks far more often. I would love that.

They’re going to change which perks you get based on a sliding scale as you level, so not really necessary. I get why it would be exciting, Hell I still only have a blue Medic, lol. But as Play pointed out, people would just want more. There’s only so much more we can expect, so let’s go for things that matter. All the perks in the world won’t be worth anything when it goes offline play. 

Sorry that came out harsher than I intended but I can’t see an easy way to make it nicer. 

I personally disagree. I re-earned my max level from 100 to 150 like many backers in March 2018. I’m relatively “proud” of my 150 status earned through local servers over the course of a year. New players racing to 150 with the four super-extended double XP events with dedicated servers the last year is just lame to me. Not to mention all the Jason matches we lost and were never counted toward our trophy. Yal can grind like the rest of us did on local servers since May 2017. My take is that if you need double xp and tape drops to intice you to play, maybe F13 isn’t for you. I recommend playing Dead By Daylight and to grind their shitty bloodwebs to your heart content. Perks are extra in F13, not like in DBD where if you don’t have the most epic legendary teachable perks of all time you’re fucked. Smh

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It's just too many to give equal attention to all of them.

Time... It is an enemy on all fronts in a war we can never win.

Cool it dude. Christ sakes.

I am perfectly calm and reasonable... And Christ cannot help you here... This place has a death curse for some reason or another.

I was trying to be optimistic.

There is nothing wrong with that... But in my experience... and I have A LOT of life experience... optimism leads to false hope and being crushed by reality... Which is why I am not an optimist, I am a Realist... Realists are generally found to be offensive by many people... and there is a reason for that , the truth hurts... But we should never hide from the truth... and coming down on the truth in any way is literally shameful.
   The optimists that I knew when I was young are all either dead... or in a very deep set depression... Over time, in this wonderful world we live in... optimism has crushed just as many (or more) good souls than it has helped... With realism, at least we know what to expect and be prepared for it.

They said dedicated servers would come out day one. Did that happen? No.

It did... on PC... they did not specifically say... dedicated servers for all platforms would be out on day one... so once again, not a lie. There is such a thing as mitigating circumstances... and if you called everyone that was not able to keep a promise a liar, you would "make an enemy" of literally everyone in the entire world... No one likes to be called a liar... And ANYONE who makes a promise can easily fail to keep said promise due to "mitigating circumstances". This does not make them a liar... no matter how butthurt someone may feel about the promise not being kept.

Did Paranoia come out? No.

This also falls under "mitigating circumstances"... see above.

it’s not to be taken lightly

See the "make an enemy" comment above. Have you been able to keep every promise you ever made?... Somehow I doubt it. Did you enjoy being called a liar for this "crime"... somehow I doubt it.

dedicated servers isn’t a joke, it’s an integral part of the game. Think about it.

Technically... no, they are not. If dedicated servers were an integral part of the game, it WOULD NOT function AT ALL without them... Being people were playing the game without dedicated servers... this actually makes them NOT an integral part of the game... Think about it... I have. They are a "luxury"... not an "integral" part of the game.

They probably care a lot about this game and love the fans.

They do... and they do. The game itself reflects this in more ways than many people care to think about... or admit to for that matter.

They want this stupid lawsuit to end like everybody else.

Of course they do... why wouldn't they?.... Just the simple fact that a new movie WILL up the sales on this game, even if it take two years from now before it is released is enough reason for them to want this... but there are so many more reasons that we ALL want this.

There is a chance for new content and as long as there’s a shred of hope, I’m gonna hope. 

I did say there is nothing wrong with hope... but if it costs more to release new content than is reasonable for the company, (as I explained in that first post... those are VERY real possibilities that NO ONE has talked about... at all)... it is not going to happen.
   There were probably quite a few things that were being worked on besides Jason X.... and non of us know what they were, or how far along they were in making any of them. Personally, I would have kept them... all of them, just in the outside chance that "something" could be done with them in the future and the money spent on the development of these "thingys" was not a complete waste... Hope for the best, but plan for the worst... It is the view a realist lives by... and it works much better than optimism.
   But the safe bet for the company here IS to say no new content will EVER happen... and it more than likely will not ever happen. But if it did... (and that IF is a very big IF... so big it will crush the hopefuls when it falls... and crush all hope that remains)... it would be not only a brilliant shock to us all... but an awesome gift to the fans of the game, many of whom... have not been kind to the devs… such as those who call them "liars"...
   So ask yourself... after accusing them of being "liars"... Why would they bother doing any of this for you?... They wouldn't... they would do it for themselves, and for the fans of the game and franchise itself... IF (there is that incredibly ginormous IF again) they were able to... without bankrupting themselves to pay "the other license holder"...
   If a business is not making money, it shuts its door and closes down... this is just reality... So, calm down now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Ahab said:

So ask yourself... after accusing them of being "liars"... Why would they bother doing any of this for you?... They wouldn't... they would do it for themselves, and for the fans of the game and franchise itself

This really can’t be said enough. I manage to express my displeasure without being a jack ass to the people who worked so hard to give us all this wonderful experience, other people need to step back emotionally and do the same. 

At least go to the effort of making valid criticism. Not pointing any fingers, don’t have enough, but a little gratitude wouldn’t be uncalled for. Conveniently there’s currently a thread for it, 😆.

I would like to add, I think Wes would do it for himself. He feels a unique responsibility to the fans, you can tell in the Beyond streams and his answers. Unfortunately you can also tell he thinks we all take this far to seriously, not realizing that for most of us, there is no convenient way for us to participate in the sub culture of our youth, horror. This game doesn’t just give its fans a shared experience, it gives us a reason to reminisce about everything Horror that we enjoy. I’m starting to ramble but I think we’re on a good path. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Conveniently there’s currently a thread for it,

I found that thread... it was indeed a refreshing change.

14 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

for most of us, there is no convenient way for us to participate in the sub culture of our youth, horror.

Exactly... most of the people I have ever met are not even horror fans in the first place... It can be hard to have a conversation about something you have an intense "like" or even "love" for with people who couldn't care any less for it than they already do. This game... and these forums have been an outlet for pent up years of conversation that had no where to be spoken about... for more than just me, I am sure.
   And for me... horror is still a great love of mine. It was never confined to just "my youth".

18 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

it gives us a reason to reminisce about everything Horror that we enjoy. I’m starting to ramble but I think we’re on a good path. 

Not just reminiscing.. but continuing the conversation and building new memories... Rambling is not necessarily a bad thing when you are on to something.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I manage to express my displeasure without being a jack ass to the people who worked so hard to give us all this wonderful experience, other people need to step back emotionally and do the same.

This is the reason why so many people here enjoy your company. 😎

17 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Exactly... most of the people I have ever met are not even horror fans in the first place... It can be hard to have a conversation about something you have an intense "like" or even "love" for with people who couldn't care any less for it than they already do. This game... and these forums have been an outlet for pent up years of conversation that had no where to be spoken about... for more than just me, I am sure.

It sounds like a certain section of the forum is gonna swell up with new topics real soon.

• Like 3

I feel like it's only it's doing job at keeping a lot of that remaining playerbase interested in the game and that's it. I think by making it permanent, everyone who wants to get those specific unlockables at a quicker rate, it's just going to make them get burnt out and bored more quickly than they already are.

I guess to boil it down, it's not helping the playerbase, but at the same time, it's not hurting it either. Same similar main reasons why they decided to market a special re-release physical copy like the slasher edition along with the price deals and the later permanent price cut.

It keeps the game and franchise on the radar. I think deep down, Gun Media wants to add more content and they're doing any promotional methods to keep the game more active so they can be prepared for that day. Think about it, after the 2009 film, barely anyone was talking about Friday The 13th until the announcement of the game. Granted the movie franchise created a massive following, but can you recall the last time the mainstream media was covering the franchise this much ever since the game was launched? Resuming content wouldn't be a bad way to get it back into the spotlight.

I know others are going to say it's "It's not happening, we're more likely just going to have to wait for a sequel for the game or movie, etc, etc." Say what you will, but it's very rare we ever get a good F13th movie. Also, from the developer perspective, they could do a sequel, but logically, resuming content on the current game would probably be more easier for them. Factoring all this in, it's not much of a stretch on why fans would think or believe content would come back.

4 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I feel like it's only it's doing job at keeping a lot of that remaining playerbase interested in the game and that's it. I think by making it permanent, everyone who wants to get those specific unlockables at a quicker rate, it's just going to make them get burnt out and bored more quickly than they already are.

I guess to boil it down, it's not helping the playerbase, but at the same time, it's not hurting it either. Same similar main reasons why they decided to market a special re-release physical copy like the slasher edition along with the price deals and the later permanent price cut.

It keeps the game and franchise on the radar. I think deep down, Gun Media wants to add more content and they're doing any promotional methods to keep the game more active so they can be prepared for that day. Think about it, after the 2009 film, barely anyone was talking about Friday The 13th until the announcement of the game. Granted the movie franchise created a massive following, but can you recall the last time the mainstream media was covering the franchise this much ever since the game was launched? Resuming content wouldn't be a bad way to get it back into the spotlight.

I know others are going to say it's "It's not happening, we're more likely just going to have to wait for a sequel for the game or movie, etc, etc." Say what you will, but it's very rare we ever get a good F13th movie. Also, from the developer perspective, they could do a sequel, but logically, resuming content on the current game would probably be more easier for them. Factoring all this in, it's not much of a stretch on why fans would think or believe content would come back.

I think it’s possible because they’ve gone back on what they’ve said before and this kind of shit happens at studios all the time. Only a matter of time. 

On 2/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, Toast Maloane said:

Agreed. I have a feeling they’ll release content if they settle though. 

Me too. I have a feeling they would drop Uber/kill packs and the pajama pack if this happens.

• Confused 1