PartVI_legend

Unpopular opinion: Best era of this game was during launch

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It really sucked having to be so paranoid about your own teammates. Even now I still run into the occasional troll who jacks the car and tries to run you over. I've had counselors PM me as Jason because they were stuck in a cabin with douchebag teammates trying to run them over. 

Make them run into something rather than you, and problem solved. I do it all the time.

2 hours ago, PartVI_legend said:

Makes me remind how everyone thought Stealth was the best character attribute, people were calling Vanessa the worst counselor back then. x)

Yep , now Vanessa with a med perk and thick skin is the trolls counselor of choice

8 hours ago, PartVI_legend said:

Seriously i have to agree with you on this one, Tommy is supposed to be the savior but god damn I was so uncomfortable when he was nearby. I remember when you could break the windows without having to press X and start the animation, it was pretty cool, and no "invisible shield'' too, climbing a window with Jason behind you wasn't safe at all.

They really need to bring this back. They added the window prompt simply because people didn't know Jason could use vertical attacks to break open windows. By catering to ignorant players they hurt the experience for everyone. People should bring this up more often so they fix this.

• Thanks 1

I'd actually say January of last year was the best time. Right after the patch with Roy the game was really pretty balanced. Jason still had quick block, and meat shielding. The pocket knife fiasco had been reverted. The game was relatively glitch free. Though the initial fun of playing the game was geeat though.

11 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Yep , now Vanessa with a med perk and thick skin is the trolls counselor of choice

Yep, I’m generally against nerfing either Counselors or perks but Nessa with the meta, may just make me want them too. It’s ridiculous how long she can extend a chase. Her low composure should cripple her in an extended chase but any break in the chase and she’s right back to a clear screen, by comparison my boy Mitch will take like 2 or 3 minutes to calm the fuck down after an extended run with Jason. 

It’s a little funny, not laugh out loud funny, more like cry in your beer funny, that I actually can’t stand her more as a Counselor then as Jason. Between the speed looting, the leaving the whole camp open, up too stealing the car or boat without carrying any objective parts. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike all Vanessa players, just most of them. 🤣 

They obviously need to rework the stat pool for counselor to make them ALL more viable with their strengths and every weakness crippling. Instead of it just being a game of speed, stamina, luck and repair.

• Like 1

Bring back the original window smash system and fix the window hitboxes. The pickax does not seem to smash certain windows in vertical attacks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Bring back the original window smash system and fix the window hitboxes. The pickax does not seem to smash certain windows in vertical attacks.

I agree, the windows are clunky right now.

Just let me swing at the damn things, even with the risk of your weapon sticking, it feels dumb to wait for a prompt. The lower swing isn’t a fix it’s a nerf. As a Counselor, it just means getting there sooner and not standing at the window after. 

As for wether Counselors would be able to crouch under a swing, with the old swing. It doesn’t really matter as that’s what combat stance is for, hitting a low and therefore slow player. 

I know I'm in the minority but I miss the Team Killing.  No, I'm not a troll but it made getting the gun a quickly in the match an important tatic for a councelors.   

AJ has always been my main, and being able to get the gun and then stash it somewhere close too but hidden from the main path was a smart tatic. Especially when I still had to ferry the parts around myself, do the repairs, and drive the escape vehicle. 

I still have a funny video of me running up to a two others after I had put the gas in the boat. One of the guys has the propeller. (It a Vanessa and a Jenny)

Heres the script: 

Me: "i partially fixed the boat, I should leave."

Guy with the propeller: "drop the gun and my friend will pick it up, then you can fix the boat and get in."

Me: "how do I know you won't murder me after i fix it. I can just shoot it now."

GWP: "I just said you can get in, and besides the gun will protect us from Jason. Don't waste the bullet".

GWP thinks AJ is a patsy. 

me: "Hmm ok, just one thing really quick."

GWP gets shot, Jenny and I escape shortly after.

If I didn't get the gun, I learned to hide the parts near the goal and once I found everything or trusted someone where I wouldn't get murdered we fix the thing and leave. 

RIP cut throat camp Crystal lake.

On 2/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, Ahab said:

These are the best maps in the game.

I'm sorry, you lost me here.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:28 PM, Ahab said:

These are the best maps in the game.

100% agree. Super fun to play. Also a lovingly accurate recreating for F13 fans. So many little details that make them brilliant.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

So many little details that make them brilliant.

Couldn't agree more. Find something new every time I'm on the maps. The attention to detail that went into making these maps is insane!

The new maps took a bit of an adjustment because of how they are laid out, but id play Jarvis and Pinehurst a hundred times over before I had to play Packanack small again...

Both those maps are far superior to Pack small, both as a Counselor and Jason, I enjoy them more.

Game went downhill when they added the item icons on the map. 

The window thing was bad too. 

Also, I know the "force" grab was a little unrealistic and felt cheesy at times, but I atleast had some respect/fear for the shift grab at that time. Once they "fixed" that it was smooth sailing for counselors.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I'm sorry, you lost me here.

Sorry to hear that... my explanation as to why I think these are the best maps in the game were VERY short and concise... and 100% truthful. Just because you do not like someone's opinion, does not mean you should not at least give consideration to their reasoning, particularly when it is kept short, just for you... If you cannot show this respect to others... you CANNOT expect ANY of them to take anything you say into consideration either... Agreeing with the points in question is not even a part of this equation.

3 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

100% agree. Super fun to play. Also a lovingly accurate recreating for F13 fans. So many little details that make them brilliant.

Exactly... and I agree, the details are brilliant... but I will say the same about each map, the attention to detail on all of them is incredible... but there are many other reasons why I love the big maps... from both sides of play.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The new maps took a bit of an adjustment because of how they are laid out, but id play Jarvis and Pinehurst a hundred times over before I had to play Packanack small again...

The big maps are actually laid out in a similar way to all of the other maps when considering distance between cabins or houses... The big maps just have more than one "maximum" distance between cabins... for the most part, the distances between them are no longer than it is on the small maps... I have no problem with these maps and still playing my regular, low stamina / low speed counselors... but of course, I still die on them... if I did not, then I would call these maps way too easy as well... The big map are still pretty far from being "too difficult".

I do find the small maps WAY too easy for counselors... even just the extremely short walk to the cops... is way too easy... Even if the Jason player never misses with a shift grab or throwing knife... still WAY too easy for counselors.
   I left at least four lobbies (before the timer ran out) last night due to Packanack small being the chosen map... and the 'chooser of maps' ignorant responses to polite requests for a change in maps... and I still played more small maps than I care to count last night.

Back during launch I used to get the impression that actual fans of the movie series were playing. Now with all the bugs and glitches it seems to have attracted a undeniable troll element from other online games that have came to take advantage and to mess up the gameplay experience for fans.  That on top of the mechanics seemingly worsening every update.

Its a really frustrating gameplay experience and coming from someone who used to play the Nintendo game and waited YEARS for something like this to come along I never thought I'd see a day were there would be an unfun next Gen game where you get to play Jason Voorhees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hutche said:

Back during launch I used to get the impression that actual fans of the movie series were playing. Now with all the bugs and glitches it seems to have attracted a undeniable troll element from other online games that have came to take advantage and to mess up the gameplay experience for fans.  That on top of the mechanics seemingly worsening every update.

Its a really frustrating gameplay experience and coming from someone who used to play the Nintendo game and waited YEARS for something like this to come along I never thought I'd see a day were there would be an unfun next Gen game where you get to play Jason Voorhees.

There are still quite a few fans of the franchise playing the game, despite the bugs. There is the occasional troll here and there as well.

I still indulge in the NES version of F13. That game got me through some bad times back in the day.

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There are still quite a few fans of the franchise playing the game, despite the bugs. There is the occasional troll here and there as well.

I still indulge in the NES version of F13. That game got me through some bad times back in the day.

I haven’t played the NES game in at least 18 years! But I totally get what you are saying the game sucked you in! 

I remember the first time I went into a cabin and Jason was in there and I completely lost my shit!  Even in his purple and teal color scheme.....or when rowing Down the lake and Jasons head came rushing across the water after you.... it was a game along with others that could complete get you to forget about anything else that was going on in the real world.

“you win.......for now”

Late July though late October 2017 were the best months of Gen. 8  consoles for me. F13 was an absolute blast, then. Jason's grab felt right, counsellor play was tense. JV was no joke. Even women who typically don't play video games were excited about this game, due to how close it came to feeling like you were really matching wits with the fearsome JV.  The game really captured what made F13 special back then. This game is/was the reason my PS4 backlog is out of control, right now.

That late October 2017 patch killed ALL of what made this game work. I eventually gave up hope and uninstalled, but I will never forget how awesome F13: The Game used to be.

Postscript: The upcoming NSW version is what brought me back to this forum, still sort of holding on to hoping the old game returns. However unlikely. 

I think the game was in a good place right around the Pinehurst update. Jason was pretty deadly with more knives a reasonably quick grab with reasonable range and could smash windows without waiting for the councilors to climb through. 

• Like 1

The game got worse after every patch.  Its sad.  Things were messed with that didn't NEED to be messed with.  If it aint broke don't fix it 

On 3/1/2019 at 1:00 PM, malloymk said:

Game went downhill when they added the item icons on the map. 

The window thing was bad too. 

Also, I know the "force" grab was a little unrealistic and felt cheesy at times, but I atleast had some respect/fear for the shift grab at that time. Once they "fixed" that it was smooth sailing for counselors.

Especially now with such a horribly nerfed grab.  The Shift/Grab was deadly back in the day which gave counselors almost no hope of escaping once learned the mechanics of it.   It commanded respect.  

Its a shame we can't go back and play the older patches from 2017 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Both those maps are far superior to Pack small, both as a Counselor and Jason, I enjoy them more.

Apparently I'm only one on the planet that isn't bothered when someone picks Pack small. I actually like the small maps...sometimes ;)

It's the large maps I truly despise.

3 hours ago, undrtkr said:

Apparently I'm only one on the planet that isn't bothered when someone picks Pack small. I actually like the small maps...sometimes ;)

It's the large maps I truly despise.

I play/main Mitch too. So it takes forever to run them, lol.