PartVI_legend

Unpopular opinion: Best era of this game was during launch

I know a lot of people will disagree with this because Summer 2017: Teamkilling, people glitching, only 3 maps, hosts quitting etc etc.

But I really miss those days, this game was really hyped at this time, A LOT of people were playing this game i've seen rappers playing it, it was during summer so it remind me good vibes (lol), Jason seemed strong and I was really trying my best to survive, it was stressful, my matches were really thrilling, it was before LVL 150 tryhard Vanessas spamming dance emotes became the meta too lmao. What do you think?

• Like 5

1 minute ago, PartVI_legend said:

I know a lot of people will disagree with this because Summer 2017: Teamkilling, people glitching, only 3 maps, hosts quitting etc etc.

What do you think?

Wish I’d been there.

Cool topic man, should get some good stories at the very least. 

• Like 1

Not entirely unpopular, my friend 🙂 I FULLY agree with everything you said. Back in Summer 2017 when the game was new, the hype, everyone playing, and for the most part, playing CORRECTLY, I might add 😉 And just the IDEA of this game even existing was so cool at the time, it was great. Like you, I miss those days. Lots of people teaming up to escape, using mics, having a great time, it was awesome and was actually fun. It was so good, that it actually got me to go back to watch the F13 movies, which at the time, I hadn't seen in literally years, and even got me to dress as Jason for Halloween of that year. 

Many things have changed since then. Lots of things added, some issues fixed, some new ones added, etc. Now, the game seems to have fallen off the map. You don't really see anyone playing it much anymore, and quickplay is anyone's guess as to what type of lobby you're going to end up in. Not to mention the lawsuit putting a stop to any and all future content pretty much being the nail in the coffin, sadly. So yes, those truly were the glory days for this game, by far.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, He's Killing Me said:

It was the wild west.

Yeah, it kinda was. My nephews first experience with this game was watching me get shot by a teammate who wanted to steal the propeller I was carrying. Fucking asshole, I was so happy when friendly-fire was removed.

• Haha 1

I agree with pretty much everything in the OP and @JasonLives86 post. I miss the days when I stalked the game's social media platforms to see if they posted anything about a new update that would be containing new content. I miss when I could open up the forum and read the suggestions section and read ideas on what people want added to the game. But now, there is barely any posts in that section anymore. Now I usually check for lawsuit updates to see if anything is moving in the right direction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

I miss when Tommy used to spawn in with only a shotgun and a 1 liner.

"What the fuck is happening??"  "I gotta get out of here now!"

Those lines didn't make any sense, bit they should've kept in the "This is between me and Jason," or the "He's even more powerful now" lines.

• Like 3

Given the difference between launch day and now, it almost seems like two different games. Hiding for the full twenty was a thing back then. You can hardly get away with it now. I have many fond memories of the early days.

• Like 2

I tend to agree.

And its not even like they've fixed all the glitches and whatnots from way back then either (which is even worse considering the content pool was shut off a while back), but at least there were things that made it better like no force shield windows, body blocking, faster blocking, etc.

I also miss the beta animations. Both the turn animations and the doors only opening half way, etc.

• Like 2

Yes and no. It was the most fun when everything went right. The bugs spoiled it though. If the game launched in the state it is in now, I think it would have had much prolonged popularity.

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

but at least there were things that made it better like no force shield windows,

Except for that. Fuck force shield windows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Summer 2017 was the best. The game had issues as always (some are still present in the game today), but it was truly alive then, and felt the most fun. We didn't have crappy maps like Jarvis and Pinehurst to contend with.

• Like 2

The only thing I don’t miss from the beginning was the Host Rage Quitting.  Blowing Jason off of the map with firecrackers or being Jason and getting knocked off of the map with smack of a baseball bat was amusing.

26 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Summer 2017 was the best. The game had issues as always (some are still present in the game today), but it was truly alive then, and felt the most fun. We didn't have crappy maps like Jarvis and Pinehurst to contend with.

Jarvis is prob my favorite map. Always have good matches on there..

• Like 1

Rage quitting and general connectivity issues sucked.  I am extremely glad we don't have to deal with that now.

But otherwise, I mostly agree with you.

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Yeah, it kinda was. My nephews first experience with this game was watching me get shot by a teammate who wanted to steal the propeller I was carrying. Fucking asshole, I was so happy when friendly-fire was removed.

I remember when playing as Kenny that a Vanessa was using me as a lure. A few bat shots left her limping and bait while I ran off.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I remember when playing as Kenny that a Vanessa was using me as a lure. A few bat shots left her limping and bait while I ran off.

It really sucked having to be so paranoid about your own teammates. Even now I still run into the occasional troll who jacks the car and tries to run you over. I've had counselors PM me as Jason because they were stuck in a cabin with douchebag teammates trying to run them over. 

39 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It really sucked having to be so paranoid about your own teammates. Even now I still run into the occasional troll who jacks the car and tries to run you over. I've had counselors PM me as Jason because they were stuck in a cabin with douchebag teammates trying to run them over. 

It's always been that way. From the clowns getting you killed by leaving doors open, or hiding under a bed being useless up to the shotgun bandits and Deathrace 2000 drivers.

I won't say I care for it, but it's something I've gotten used to early on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

We didn't have crappy maps like Jarvis and Pinehurst to contend with.

These are the best maps in the game. Guaranteed a boat every time... and I get more boat escapes on Pinehurst than ANY other map, with Jarvis being a close second... and when I do not get a boat escape on these maps, I still do VERY well on them as a counselor.
    But I escape on the boat so often, it should have the name "Pequod" painted across the bow.

However, playing Packanack small seven times in a frickin' row is enough to make me put the game down for a week.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

With the number of toxic idiots out there... if team killing was left in quick play, chances are the game would already be dead. Even the absolute worst reviews of this game still say it is lots of fun to play with friends... and the biggest complaint is the toxic community. taking the troll's toys away from them is the best thing that can be done for ANY game.
    But, they still have that option to run people over... However, this works both ways... IF we know they are toxic idiots in the first place, we can also run them over... if we can get the car going before they do.

When playing Jason, my friends will let me know about someone robbing me of my kills and I will focus on the troll until I get them... and I WILL get them. Depending on my mood after that, I sometimes let the rest of the team get as many points racked up as they can, and may even let them go... IF the troll sticks around to spectate... I WILL force him to wait as long as possible. But I will still chase down the cars if my friends (or other remaining randoms that are not trolls) start them up... just for practice.
    If the troll is still around after the match, my friends and I will find another lobby and hope for the best.

Beta December 2016 was the most magical time for me. That was the first time I had gotten sucked into a game that strongly in a long, long time. May '17 was great, but my favorite era post-launch was when Jason 4 was released. The game build was one of the best and it was a great time to be playing. Then came the nerf and a thousand pocket knives....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

Beta December 2016 was the most magical time for me. That was the first time I had gotten sucked into a game that strongly in a long, long time. May '17 was great, but my favorite era post-launch was when Jason 4 was released. The game build was one of the best and it was a great time to be playing. Then came the nerf and a thousand pocket knives....

Don't quit playing now, not when the balance has finally swung back in our favor.

Seriously i have to agree with you on this one, Tommy is supposed to be the savior but god damn I was so uncomfortable when he was nearby. I remember when you could break the windows without having to press X and start the animation, it was pretty cool, and no "invisible shield'' too, climbing a window with Jason behind you wasn't safe at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Makes me remind how everyone thought Stealth was the best character attribute, people were calling Vanessa the worst counselor back then. x)

34 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Don't quit playing now, not when the balance has finally swung back in our favor.

I've never quit playing, and have no intention to.