nazzac

How have you adapted your game since the latest patch?

The latest patch has certainly been divisive, but one thing we can say for sure is that it has made a difference on how we play the game.

My question is what has changed in your style since the latest patch as both Counselor and Jason? How many adjustments have you made? How successful have you been?

For myself:

I have not played much since the new patch as i struggle to find lobbies to join, but after a few sessions my game has changed slightly.

- I try not to stun Jason now and i focus more on duping him when he is on me.

- I have seen a focus on objectives since the patch, but i have tended to focus on objectives the rest are not working. Other day i got away on the boat whilst everyone focused on the car.

- I have upped bear trap usage because they can still stun Jason in rage

- I have become a more aggressive Jason player since the patch because the more they stun me, the quicker i get rage

The only change I have made since the patch was switching from Mitch as my main to Deb because her repair stat is a little better. Still escaping as much, if not more, than before the patch. On the Jason side of play, my average kills per match dropped slightly from 7/8 or 8/8 to 6/8 to 7/8. Really depends on the counselors play though. Still run into that occasional group that wants to beat on Jason. Those rounds only last about 7 minutes. 

I play as Tiffany and was pleasantly surprised that the patch didn't effect my gameplay much at all. Still delivering parts and quietly teaming with repair characters to stay off Jason's radar and slip out when he's not around. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Went back to playing call of duty, I’ll be keeping an eye of future patches but have little faith.

• Haha 1

AJ was already built to be most effective during the first half of the match so my need to adapt has been minimal.

One change has been that the bat/PK combo used to serve me pretty well when heading to the police late in a match but now getting there is much more difficult without a gun or other counselors to help my slow and unlucky ass. Fortunately that issue hasn't come up so often since objectives seem to be being pushed earlier by other counselors now. I also usually go for the sweater now if I'm still alive with little prospect of escaping late in a match and Tommy's on the map. Finally, I'll push repairs when I'm Tommy late in a match and no potential sweater girls have mics rather than immediately make a beeline for a counselor group like I used to.

Honestly, I haven't changed a thing as far as my style of play. I've always played the game how it was meant to be played. If anything, if I notice I'm in a lobby full of do-nothings, I'll usually just leave and find another match and not waste my time. That's about the only adjustment I've made.

I no longer play as Chad, as Chad is now completely useless post-patch.

You don't want to engage Jason in a stun fiesta because he'll get rage quicker.  And Chad's strength was that you could find a bat and hit Jason like 8 times before it broke.  That strength means absolutely nothing and is a detriment to the overall team.  And once rage hits Chad is just fodder as his stamina doesn't allow him to run away from Jason for an extended period of time

RIP Chad.  It was a great run. 

• Like 2

Been using Thick Skin perk lately since most Jasons I encounter have been making it rain knives. Jason’s rage is still deadly, but not on the top of my list of worries.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

You don't want to engage Jason in a stun fiesta because he'll get rage quicker.  And Chad's strength was that you could find a bat and hit Jason like 8 times before it broke.  That strength means absolutely nothing and is a detriment to the overall team.  And once rage hits Chad is just fodder as his stamina doesn't allow him to run away from Jason for an extended period of time

It is sad to see effective distraction counselors be so hurt by this.

• Like 2

I swapped my Firecrackers Perk for NoS, I used to do this anyway if I felt that I was going to spend a large amount of time around Jason. Still looking at othe perk combos but really I’m waiting for the next update before getting to deep into it. 

More people try to escape, so I have been saving more people. Not sure if this qualifies for your question @nazzac.

I’ve always liked bear traps, people still ask me why I’m jogging across camp with one as Mitch, not realizing the utility of a surprise trap. Jason expects the walk into one in a cabin, not 3 or 4, lol. Still trying to get 6 different traps at Higgins barn but only managed 5 so far, poor Jason, one day I’ll get all the traps in a match there and it will be glorious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

I said this about Jenny in another thread. RIP to them. :(

I play Kenny 80% of the times and always focused on escaping even before the patch so I didn't change my playstyle at all. However what I did change is the boosters I used before... I took out sucker punch and swift attacker for Marathon and Restful. Other than that I don't whack Jason at all unless it's completely necessary like to save a counselor or get a quick stun to help get the car going.

The amount of trolls, team killers and people who don't want to help in QP has taken my wish to play the game though so I'm taking a hiatus for now.

Not changed anything for me other than having an easier time as Jason once rage hits.

11 hours ago, BFizzle said:

I said this about Jenny in another thread. RIP to them. :(

11 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It is sad to see effective distraction counselors be so hurt by this.

I created created thread about it, but no commented on it. After rage, the only thing that matters if no one can repair is STAMINA. It creates a stat inbalance. So I gave examples on how to improve luck. In the early release of the game I think high luck counselors could take a little more damage before slow walking. They could bring that back. Because the last patch changed things a lot.

They also need to tweak composure. There are some things don't make sense. Like Jenny screaming when the lights go out, but Deborah is quiet. And a Jenny and Chad equally sense resistant with the same sense avoidance perks.

I still use Jenny. Although sucker punch is useless to me, I swapped it with marathon and I still have the no fear build on her. She can still be a great distraction. I just don't hit Jason like I did anymore. 

18 hours ago, BFizzle said:

I play as Tiffany and was pleasantly surprised that the patch didn't effect my gameplay much at all. Still delivering parts and quietly teaming with repair characters to stay off Jason's radar and slip out when he's not around. 🤷‍♂️

You sound the exact kind of player I hope to see in any match :) Ever since day 1, my main goal has always been to escape. Hardly anyone I've seen who plays Tiffany uses her to run parts, and that has always irritated me endlessly because she's so incredibly useful for finding and moving objective items. I play Deborah 90% of the time and my goal is always to fix the phone or a car and save as many people as I can on the way out.

As for how have I adapted? It's pretty straight forward for me; I just keep running and hope he goes after someone else. I use hiding spots more effectively when I'm able to but as someone who always put survival and the team above everything else, I haven't had to adapt much at all because I was never part of one of these annoying Jason hunter groups.

I can see people here claiming certain characters are now useless. Why are they? Yeah you don't want to be endlessly stunning Jason as Chad or Jenny, but what's to stop you running parts, protecting other players or being a distraction without endlessly bashing him? Characters aren't one dimensional; they can fill other roles with various degrees of effectiveness. Chad and Jenny can really help repair characters by stunning Jason and letting a nearby weaker character hide where Jason cant see or hear it. Then Jenny or Chad can run away, effectively saving the hiding player's life.

Buggzy however is a bit different. He's kinda average at stuns, but he is without a doubt the best combat character besides Tommy. He is still great for running parts, but he'll make Jason angry quick at the cost of taking his mask in the process.

The bottom line is that characters aren't just 1 dimensional and they can be used in other ways besides how their stats dictate. It depends on how clever and tactical you are in how you use them.

The only real change I made since I've always had a fixing/escape mentality is to put my dad's a cop on all my fixers to get out that much faster.

Basically nothing has change for me.. Maybe I'm a little more aggressive on objectives, less hitting Jason and after rage kicks in, if no other options, I juke the f**k out of Jason. Most of the time I survive, sometimes I don't.

The only thing that changed is I went from running Bugs and Vanessa to running A.J.  and Deb. I use to play Jarvis style with the stronger characters protecting etc... now I just fix everything my self and leave

Nothings really changed at all for me.. I still play random/random/random.  None of my counselors use the same perks as another.

I was never a TRY HARD so I never cared about using the so called best counselors or best perks.

The only thing that's changed is I no longer have the option to twinkle toe bait Jason and smack him silly while hes in rage.  Which the only reason I started doing that in the 1st place is because the game allowed it.

Still escaping as much as I used too.  

My counselor tactics haven't changed, I main AJ and try and repair as quick as possible anyway. In fact, the only thing I have changed is when I play as Jason. I purposely walk into firecrackers and traps now, get that rage going quicker! 

• Like 1

The only that's changed for me is that once Jason gets into rage mode, I don't bother picking up any weapons unless it's a shot gun or pocket knife.

I am in the camp of those whose playstyle hasn’t really changed. Escape and evade has always been my primary objective.  

If I am in a good group (or at least appears to be) I will try and help as many as I can.  If it is a crap group, I only worry about myself.