Sign in to follow this  
The Gunslinger

Jason's new Rage (What to do?)

You guys got any tips after Jason gets angry af? Jogging all the way around the map is an option until you run out of breath but let's be real here , you can escape from Shift Grabs only a certain amount of times. You'll run out of luck eventually. For me, I have no friends playing this game and I play in QP where there is a huge chance of a troll, teamer, russian people(I am not a racist, just making a point) WHO screams at their mics will appear in your lobby. They will either die with parts 95 kilometers away from the objective or repair the car and run over counselors or just quit because they are not Jason at the start of the match. IMO , only characters with strength higher than 7 should be able to stun Jason. Let's give Strength counselors an edge , right?(bcuz str stat does literally nothing but knock off mask).

hypochondriac, & medic is ur new best friend. 

Broken Window hopping is pretty much the only way to play post rage. As Jason it’s ridiculously irritating chasing a Vanessa with 4-6 med sprays that chose her specifically to run out the clock & not help anybody with bringing parts to objectives because she don’t wanna lose that important shotgun. 

My best advice would be, if you see multiple Vanessa’s in ur lobby, leave. Odds are they won’t help with anything & if you picked a repair counslor you can pretty much bet YOU will be the one that has to run to collect all the parts in most games. & if Jason ends up in rage before you get the car running ... well, ur odds of surviving decrease while all the runners remain the same. 

Post rage is a runners game. So best bet is to stick with a runner & stack those med sprays. It’s a cheap way to play, but it gives you the best odds of surviving.

5 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

hypochondriac, & medic is ur new best friend. 

Broken Window hopping is pretty much the only way to play post rage. As Jason it’s ridiculously irritating chasing a Vanessa with 4-6 med sprays that chose her specifically to run out the clock & not help anybody with bringing parts to objectives because she don’t wanna lose that important shotgun. 

My best advice would be, if you see multiple Vanessa’s in ur lobby, leave. Odds are they won’t help with anything & if you picked a repair counslor you can pretty much bet YOU will be the one that has to run to collect all the parts in most games. & if Jason ends up in rage before you get the car running ... well, ur odds of surviving decrease while all the runners remain the same. 

Post rage is a runners game. So best bet is to stick with a runner & stack those med sprays. It’s a cheap way to play, but it gives you the best odds of surviving.

.....Or you could show a little initiative and start working on an escape route BEFORE Rage hits. I main a bunny-suited Deb and this helps me escape much more than I get killed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

Funny you say that , i fee the same way , as a matter of fact i just argued with two 150 ranked vanessa that ONLY insisted on fighting me and getting killed rather than help people escape. I had a lobby this morning with 4 and i just left . 

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

.....Or you could show a little initiative and start working on an escape route BEFORE Rage hits. I main a bunny-suited Deb and this helps me escape much more than I get killed.

Same. I switched my main to Deb after the patch and normally have a car or the phone repaired well before rage. That’s also with me collecting the parts and getting them to the objectives by myself. Not really sure why so much emphasis was being put on not being able to escape because others will not run the parts for you in an earlier post. 

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Well, that’s obviously the plan. But it don’t always work out that way. Especially if no one will even pickup & drop the parts so you’ll at least know where to find them.

So again, in QP ur best bet is a runner. Then you don’t have to depend on other players.

Vanessa is fine! Learn when to use stalk/shift together and that should take care of any counselors that's giving you a problem. I play as Vanessa and i don't troll, guilty of trying to survive the night a few times but i always try an help fellow counselors. 

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Same. I switched my main to Deb after the patch and normally have a car or the phone repaired well before rage. That’s also with me collecting the parts and getting them to the objectives by myself. Not really sure why so much emphasis was being put on not being able to escape because others will not run the parts for you in an earlier post. 

I know I've had a bad run the last time I played with getting stuff fixed. It gets hard to actively avoid Jason while trying to search for parts.

49 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

Vanessa is fine! Learn when to use stalk/shift together and that should take care of any counselors that's giving you a problem. I play as Vanessa and i don't troll, guilty of trying to survive the night a few times but i always try an help fellow counselors. 

Yeah Vanessa gets alot of hate.

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I know I've had a bad run the last time I played with getting stuff fixed. It gets hard to actively avoid Jason while trying to search for parts.

Yeah Vanessa gets alot of hate.

Vanessa isn't the problem. Some players are just toxic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vanessaismymain said:

This is true. Vanessa is a good overall counselor if you aren’t planning on fixing objectives. She’s great at being a parts runner or a distraction to Jason. Unfortunately though, she seems to be a favorite for toxic players. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I know. I'm just saying she gets alot of hate. Even when they don't do anything wrong. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

This is true. Vanessa is a good overall counselor if you aren’t planning on fixing objectives. She’s great at being a parts runner or a distraction to Jason. Unfortunately though, she seems to be a favorite for toxic players. 

I actually disagree a little bit. She can repair fine. Especially if it's not a unique repair (fuse, propeller).

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I have a perk that slows down repair rate, so you can more easily get the skill checks as a low-repair character. Takes longer, but if Jason's not around that shouldn't be a problem. If Jason's around get a Deb to do it. Vanessa is a top-tier counselor.

5 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

Well, that’s obviously the plan. But it don’t always work out that way. Especially if no one will even pickup & drop the parts so you’ll at least know where to find them.

So again, in QP ur best bet is a runner. Then you don’t have to depend on other players.

Said this in other threads, but a great choice (the best choice IMO) for lone wolf play in QP is slowpoke AJ with the right perks. You MUST avoid Jason if you want to get multiple solo repairs done quickly and ideally also get a vehicle going/fuse box fixed without Jason being alerted to come over. Stealth, high repair and a large map are how you keep clear of Jason early on. Precious time is wasted ditching Jason when you're loud AF or make mistakes during repairs. A good Jason will also camp vehicles that he knows have been partially fixed and those areas become death traps when that happens.

And while AJ is slow with low stamina, you can silent sprint with a good Light Foot and rest while searching houses for parts early. I've never felt I needed her to be faster early during a match whereas the more often recommended Deborah feels slow (1 less stamina) and vulnerable (no silent sprint) by comparison IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I have a perk that slows down repair rate, so you can more easily get the skill checks as a low-repair character. Takes longer, but if Jason's not around that shouldn't be a problem. If Jason's around get a Deb to do it. Vanessa is a top-tier counselor.

Whats it called?

38 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Whats it called?

Speed demons negative is slower repair speed. I assume that's what he's using. 

43 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Speed demons negative is slower repair speed. I assume that's what he's using. 

That'd have to be it, as there is no dedicated perk to slowing repair speed.

7 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Yes, it's Speed Demon. The 'punishment' of slower repairs is far more helpful than the solo vehicle speed boost IMO.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

There might be another with that negative. But that's one I know for sure.

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Yes, it's Speed Demon. The 'punishment' of slower repairs is far more helpful than the solo vehicle speed boost IMO.

I never noticed the reduced repair speed helped that much. Speed Demon is stupid fun though. Especially stacked with Lead Foot.

11 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I think in comparison to the other counselors she is very much overpowered, that’s why she is disliked as much as she is. She has too many of the necessary strengths and her weaknesses really aren’t all that detrimental. Her repair skills should be the worst, but they’re not. 

6 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I think in comparison to the other counselors she is very much overpowered, that’s why she is disliked as much as she is. She has too many of the necessary strengths and her weaknesses really aren’t all that detrimental. Her repair skills should be the worst, but they’re not. 

I dislike Vanessa because she gets my AJ killed. She renders my stealth useless and will usually run from Jason when he shows up rather than fight him like a Chad or Buggzy. That leaves all the slower counselors left behind vulnerable to Jason. She also seems to be favored by trolls and newbies who just run around like chickens with their heads cut off and hoard items. I know I'm gonna be in for a tedious match when the lobby is full of Vanessas.

10 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

There might be another with that negative. But that's one I know for sure.

I never noticed the reduced repair speed helped that much. Speed Demon is stupid fun though. Especially stacked with Lead Foot.

Could be a matter of QTE skill. I'm not great at them and even with only 3 checks I'd often mess at least one up with AJ at standard speed. My -15% repair Speed Demon has made QTE much easier for me and now I rarely mess up. It's effectively turned my AJ into a top tier repair counselor right up there with Deb and Lachappa.

OTOH, I rarely find that I need more speed when driving solo. If I've gotten a vehicle started alone it's very likely that Jason will be too late to stop me thanks to my stealth and repair.

2 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Could be a matter of QTE skill. I'm not great at them and even with only 3 checks I'd often mess at least one up with AJ at standard speed. My -15% repair Speed Demon has made QTE much easier for me and now I rarely mess up. It's effectively turned my AJ into a top tier repair counselor right up there with Deb and Lachappa.

OTOH, I rarely find that I need more speed when driving solo. If I've gotten a vehicle started alone it's very likely that Jason will be too late to stop me thanks to my stealth and repair.

Don’t worry, I mess up too. That third one gets me far to often, I’m to lazy to spam the wheel though. 

What are your other perks, I was thinking of trying Lightfoot, Speed Demon and Grease monkey on A.J.?

51 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Don’t worry, I mess up too. That third one gets me far to often, I’m to lazy to spam the wheel though. 

What are your other perks, I was thinking of trying Lightfoot, Speed Demon and Grease monkey on A.J.?

Lightfoot (-15% sprint noise) and Preparedness (-10% fear). I'm honestly not sure how much the fear reduction helps (I will say that I rarely become hysterical) but having the full map straight away allows me to immediately target areas without counselors and thus make the most of my stealth. I previously used Restful (+10% stamina regen) for a long time before stumbling upon Speed Demon. It works well when coupled with silent sprint since you'll be out of stamina often after sprinting between buildings; also helpful when trying to ditch a Jason that's found you. But Jason finds me less often now that I'm not making repair mistakes so the stamina regen isn't as critical to me.

14 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

That's what Tinker should have done, either slow down the skill check wheel or decrease the amount and increase the size of the skill check areas. Speeding up the wheel like Tinker currently does makes it much more difficult to complete without screwing up.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Lightfoot (-15% sprint noise) and Preparedness (-10% fear). I'm honestly not sure how much the fear reduction helps (I will say that I rarely become hysterical) but having the full map straight away allows me to immediately target areas without counselors and thus make the most of my stealth. I previously used Restful (+10% stamina regen) for a long time before stumbling upon Speed Demon. It works well when coupled with silent sprint since you'll be out of stamina often after sprinting between buildings; also helpful when trying to ditch a Jason that's found you. But Jason finds me less often now that I'm not making repair mistakes so the stamina regen isn't as critical to me.

Thank you. 

Preparedness is probably the smart move for avoiding people, I’ll try that instead. I don’t really play A.J. that often but thought she deserves more love, so I’m going to see how she does tomorrow when I got time.

5 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

That's what Tinker should have done, either slow down the skill check wheel or decrease the amount and increase the size of the skill check areas. Speeding up the wheel like Tinker currently does makes it much more difficult to complete without screwing up.

Very much agreed.