Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Adding Icon on Screen to Show if Jason's Mask is On Or Off.

If Jason gets a Rage Mode where He cant be stunned then why shouldn't counselors get an alert icon on the screen showing Jason's Mask has been removed.

If there is an alert icon on the screen showing Jason's Mask has been removed then counselors can drop what they are doing and plot to kill Jason .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Couldn't you just communicate this through chat?

Bro i dont know you nor Have i done anything to you but i keep noticing a pattern of you chasing down my posts and complaining about everything i post.

I dont know you i haven't done anything to you .

How about we reconcile our differences and try to be friends .

Im thinking that you want to be chosen to be a Moderator for this Forum.

Part of being in a small time management role for a company like Gunmedia probably includes Knowing how to motivate and make peopl Happy .

Pissing people off and creating problems is what most companies or moderators try not to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

When he's mask is knocked off , every counselor gets 50 xp and the text "Show Yourself!" appears. No issues here i am guessing.

Well No i was thinking a picture of Jason's face with No mask appears and flashes where the map circle is and Pamela Voorhees says They want to hurt you Jason Don't let them.

That will be a good enough Alert to Counselors To Regroup and go to Jason's shack and get the sweater .

11 hours ago, The Gunslinger said:

When he's mask is knocked off , every counselor gets 50 xp and the text "Show Yourself!" appears.

@Strigoi, as Gunslinger has pointed out, everyone gets a notification when Jason’s mask is removed. 

@Strigoi Keep back! I have been eating garlic today!!

Also... this...

13 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Couldn't you just communicate this through chat?

IS NOT a complaint… It IS a question... and a perfectly legitimate question at that. And no one should come down like that on anyone for asking a question... Ever.

Also... there is already a notification in game as @The Gunslinger so kindly pointed out... and @Dragonfire82877 tried to make sure you noticed... and hey... three times is a charm, or so I hear.
   It would be helpful if players that have a walkie and a mic mention it when they see the notification... just for those that miss it, as I am sure happens often when attention is focused on a different part of the screen.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Part of being in a small time management role for a company like Gunmedia probably includes Knowing how to motivate and make peopl Happy.

Moderators are not here to make people happy. They are here voluntarily to maintain order in the forum. Order and happiness are not necessarily the same thing.

52 minutes ago, Ahab said:

And no one should come down like that on anyone for asking a question... Ever.

I agree. The pursuit of knowledge is not a crime, nor should it be treated as one.

You’re asking a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. It already shows us the “show yourself” icon. And if you miss the notification when u come across Jason you’ll see for yourself if his mask is on 

No No no one thinks its stupid to show the red mask icon whenJason is in Rage.

Not many people know that show your self icon words mean that Jason's Mask is off.

Whats the big deal about alerting every one with a green flashing icon that Jason's Mask is off .The only reason i can see that people dont want a louder announcement that Jason's Mask is off is Because everyone on the forum here is trying to protect and preserve Jason .

If a Bigger Alarm went off Alerting Counselors that Jason's Mask is off then Jason would have to run and hide or become more aggressive as The Game would become more challenging for Jason players.

5 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

No No no one thinks its stupid to show the red mask icon whenJason is in Rage.

Not many people know that show your self icon words mean that Jason's Mask is off.

Whats the big deal about alerting every one with a green flashing icon that Jason's Mask is off .The only reason i can see that people dont want a louder announcement that Jason's Mask is off is Because everyone on the forum here is trying to protect and preserve Jason .

If a Bigger Alarm went off Alerting Counselors that Jason's Mask is off then Jason would have to run and hide or become more aggressive as The Game would become more challenging for Jason players.

If you seen any of my posts you’d know I’m the furthest person protecting Jason. I think changes need made for counselors side. I just think this idea is a waste of time. It’s not too difficult to learn that “show yourself” icon means his mask is off. 

@Strigoi, hey buddy. I’m not trying to patronize you but you’re getting worked up again. Most of us can see you’re just very passionate, could you do me a favour and take a minute before responding to someone, who you feel is trying to provoke you. I’m not saying don’t defend your position, just maybe take the time to be calm before you reply. If you’re angry or hurt when you reply, you’re just encouraging them to keep poking at you.

I think it’s unfortunate but not your fault that you remind people of a previous member. Although I never met him myself, his negative legacy appears to be effecting how people respond to you. You can limit this by ignoring the posters who disagree with your views and who aren’t willing to discuss it politely. You don’t need to respond to them if they’re looking to upset you. 

I’d honestly rather if you didn’t let someone provoke you into getting banned but I need your help to do this. If you start getting upset, just move to another thread, if someone is following you and baiting you, tag me. I’ll come have a chat with them about boundaries, and not picking on members who just want to get some feedback on their ideas.

Remember you’re not entitled to good feeedback, people are allowed to disagree or trash your idea’s but if it becomes trashing you, tag me. If you don’t like their feedback, ignore it.

Thanks man, I really don’t want to you too see this as patronizing, and I’m here if you need me.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Strigoi, hey buddy. I’m not trying to patronize you but you’re getting worked up again. Most of us can see you’re just very passionate, could you do me a favour and take a minute before responding to someone, who you feel is trying to provoke you. I’m not saying don’t defend your position, just maybe take the time to be calm before you reply. If you’re angry or hurt when you reply, you’re just encouraging them to keep poking at you.

I think it’s unfortunate but not your fault that you remind people of a previous member. Although I never met him myself, his negative legacy appears to be effecting how people respond to you. You can limit this by ignoring the posters who disagree with your views and who aren’t willing to discuss it politely. You don’t need to respond to them if they’re looking to upset you. 

I’d honestly rather if you didn’t let someone provoke you into getting banned but I need your help to do this. If you start getting upset, just move to another thread, if someone is following you and baiting you, tag me. I’ll come have a chat with them about boundaries, and not picking on members who just want to get some feedback on their ideas.

Remember you’re not entitled to good feeedback, people are allowed to disagree or trash your idea’s but if it becomes trashing you, tag me. If you don’t like their feedback, ignore it.

Thanks man, I really don’t want to you too see this as patronizing, and I’m here if you need me.

Slasherclone is a good guy. He’s here for all of us

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Whats the big deal about alerting every one with a green flashing icon that Jason's Mask is off .

The main problem with this idea is it would involve adding new content. We all know there will be no more content added to the game. 

But, someone correct me if I’m wrong, wasn’t  the flashing red Jason mask on the mini map when Jason enters rage “new”?

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks for that encouragement i will try to ignore negative  and baiting posts.

I will let you know and try to tag you.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

I Just dont see it being a Big Deal To Remove the small SHOW YOURSELF icon and replace it with Jason's ugly unmasked face Glowing Green flashing icon and then Pamela Voorhees says They want to hurt you Jason Don't let them . Why is this idea so wrong.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Strigoi said:

No No no one thinks its stupid to show the red mask icon whenJason is in Rage

I don't believe people feel it's stupid. It's more like unnecessary to them, with an already existing prompt about the matter in game.

We don't actually know how many people are aware of it. You could make a poll about it and get an approximation. That approximation would only account for members of the forum, which are a small percentage of the actual players of the game.

It's not a big deal. It just seems players would rather focus on more important matters, such as bugs and balance.

If you make an alarm for this, then it would open the door to requests for alarms for every single situation in the game. People would want flashing icons for everything from cars leaving the camp, to Jason activating Stalk.

Using your eyes and ears during a match is the best way to be aware of what's going on at any moment. Sometimes one might miss something. It you are playing with good teammates, they can fill you in on what you might have missed.

8 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Just dont see it being a Big Deal To Remove the small SHOW YOURSELF icon and replace it with Jason's ugly unmasked face Glowing Green flashing icon and then Pamela Voorhees says They want to hurt you Jason Don't let them . Why is this idea so wrong.

Look at it from the developers' perspective. Is it worth their time and money to make a change to something that already alerts you to the mask removal?

19 hours ago, Strigoi said:

We all continue learn constantly as we continue our journey through life... This is a good thing. I did not figure out what the "show yourself" notification meant until I noticed it when I was knocking the mask off in my early "Jason hunter" days just after purchasing the game... I was trying to get badges and achievements back then.

19 hours ago, Strigoi said:

The only reason i can see that people dont want a louder announcement that Jason's Mask is off is Because everyone on the forum here is trying to protect and preserve Jason .

I have no problem with a "louder" or more visible announcement that his mask has been knocked off. But when Jason loses his mask, it is a safe assumption for him to make that... The Jason hunters will soon be coming for him... Personally, I never make the assumption that the counselors are not paying attention and watching for the "show yourself" announcement.

17 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

But, someone correct me if I’m wrong, wasn’t  the flashing red Jason mask on the mini map when Jason enters rage “new”?

IF it was already in the game codding and complete... then it is not new. It could even be something that was actually in the game before the earliest version was released to the public, yet was taken out of the active game before release, and left in the coding... Not sure on that one. And we may never know for sure.
   I am not sure about the laws here... but... a balance adjustment can include certain aspects that may not have actually been in the game previously. It is a slippery slope either way.

16 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Why is this idea so wrong.

It is not wrong... Its just that there already is a notification.
   But remember... it can be difficult to notice a lot of things in this game... even when paying attention. People walk right by parts without seeing them when actively looking for them all the time... I have actually gotten a good laugh after following players through a campsite, watching them stop to look around and completely missing the pocket knife on the picnic table, which I promptly picked up... and so on.
   But... as @Fair Play play pointed out... This could open the door for more noticeable alarms for every little aspect of the game... or even bright, flashing stobe lights on repair parts to make them more difficult to miss. It is not really needed... People should be encouraged to pay more attention to their surroundings... not just in a game, but in real life as well.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:16 PM, Strigoi said:

I'm not a fan of another visual, the way all the counselor messages work  ie  "car repaired, boat repaired, etc are fine."

However, I do like then idea of the new audio alert. If the councelors can hear her laughter at rage, why shouldn't they hear that?

We really need to push the Devs to put Diffrent difficulty settings on Quick play to make pro Jason people Happy and make Counselors that like to kill Jason Happy .

Diffrent difficult modes that would be challenging for Jason players and Counselors would be fun and a quicker way to level up.

I think adding a louder alarm alerting Counselors that Jason's Mask is off is a good idea to balance the game back into the Counselors favor.

I keep arguing with others on The Friday the 13th facebook groups those guys say that this is Jason's Game and its not supposed to have much support for Counselors.

To me This Friday the 13th game is not just about Jason .

9 hours ago, Strigoi said:

We really need to push the Devs to put Diffrent difficulty settings on Quick play to make pro Jason people Happy

Yes... and I would like to see more of a challenge for my counselor play. After all... I play counselors WAY more than I will ever get to play Jason.

make Counselors that like to kill Jason Happy .

As stated many time, by MANY people... Killing Jason is ridiculously easy for something that was meant to be difficult and rare to see. Counselors have been coddled for far too long already.

Diffrent difficult modes that would be challenging for Jason players and Counselors would be fun and a quicker way to level up.

Easy mode for Jason = VERY difficult for counselors... I would love to try this from the counselor's side of play... but the Jason play might get a bit boring.
   Easy mode for Counselors = VERY difficult for Jason... We had already had this... for several months... we called it the "Great Jason Nerf of '17"... It was NOT fun for Jason players... I remember it well as I seemed to be the ONLY person that even wanted to play Jason at this point... If this was put into the game, you would be waiting a month to find a player willing to play Jason for you.

This... is laughable.
   Take Jason out of the game and what do you have... Well... call it whatever you like, but it WOULD NOT BE a Friday the 13th game.
   There are only a couple of counselors even based on characters from the movies... and it would still be Friday the 13th if you removed each and every one of these and only had counselors who were not based on anyone from the movies in the game.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, shodan said:

If the councelors can hear her laughter at rage, why shouldn't they hear that?

The rage warning was so people would know that combat will no longer cause stuns... a welcome warning for counselors who like to smack Jason around... and completely unnecessary for those of us who did not... But still nice to know that he is in rage after a couple of battle Chads decided that his rage does not come quickly enough already.

Killing Jason is too easy already... let us not make it even easier, shall we? Catering to those who cannot pay attention to their surroundings will nerf Jason into the ground... again. There is already a warning for this... people just need to look.

16 hours ago, Strigoi said:

We really need to push the Devs to put Diffrent difficulty settings on Quick play to make pro Jason people Happy and make Counselors that like to kill Jason Happy .

Find people with like-minded preferences and play a few private matches. You can level-up at a good pace during increased XP events.

I think adding a louder alarm alerting Counselors that Jason's Mask is off is a good idea to balance the game back into the Counselors favor.

Adding this will not make an ounce of difference in balance. As there are already indications when the mask comes off, this would be a waste of time on the part of the developers. Let's focus on fixing things that need attention, such as bugs and exploits.

I keep arguing with others on The Friday the 13th facebook groups those guys say that this is Jason's Game and its not supposed to have much support for Counselors.

People won't always agree with how things are in this game. Private matches exist for people who want to play a certain way with like-minded players.

Jason is the star of the show. No Jason, no show. Counselors should be somewhat happy, but Jason is really what matters in a Friday the 13th game.