Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Honestly let me be real. All I hear when I complain as a release from frustration or just want to discuss, all I hear is "BYE TrOLL". Yall gotta realize that just because im arguing about this patch, it doesn't mean im one of those people.. I have close to 2000 hours in this game, and I used to play for maybe 14 hours at a time, a day. Its more than arguing bc "I cant beat up Jason" anymore. This patch seems to cause a couple interferences with many more elements, and im not the only one bringing it up. Can we discuss? Not state my opinion and then have a bombardment of people thinking im level 20 and I don't know how to play besides chad lol. This patch and its opinions seem to be completely dividing us and making us cause interferences, and arguments. Lets have a discussion, not an argumentative fight.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure why everyone likes it so much. But I'm smart enough to know they aren't going to change it too. Honestly I think it was the easiest thing they could do to shut up the player base. Doesn't seem to be working though.

Honestly it really doesn't change anything. Some friends and I started new accounts and actively trolled some unsuspecting Jason players in QP (I'm not actually a troll... Dont break out the torches) just to see if it can still be done. More than once the four of us made it down to the last few minutes of the match. With no perks. And I'll guarantee you that even though they got the satisfaction of finally getting the kill, they were not having fun matches as Jason. 

In conclusion I think they took an idiots idea and went to the extreme with it. If anything they should have turned the stun time way down during rage (maybe a second or two). I think it rewards Jason's for being careless shitty players and encourages them to be careless shitty players during rage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Honestly let me be real. All I hear when I complain as a release from frustration or just want to discuss, all I hear is "BYE TrOLL". Yall gotta realize that just because im arguing about this patch, it doesn't mean im one of those people.. I have close to 2000 hours in this game, and I used to play for maybe 14 hours at a time, a day. Its more than arguing bc "I cant beat up Jason" anymore. This patch seems to cause a couple interferences with many more elements, and im not the only one bringing it up. Can we discuss? Not state my opinion and then have a bombardment of people thinking im level 20 and I don't know how to play besides chad lol. This patch and its opinions seem to be completely dividing us and making us cause interferences, and arguments. Lets have a discussion, not an argumentative fight.

To me its not so much the patch , although once i have hit rage i have not had one person survive other than cops or cars . To me its more about the amount of good players that have left the game and the amount of bullshit that now enters the game , not sure if they were always there it just seems the level of play has completely left the game after the patch. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, bryanp3692 said:

To me its not so much the patch , although once i have hit rage i have not had one person survive other than cops or cars . To me its more about the amount of good players that have left the game and the amount of bullshit that now enters the game , not sure if they were always there it just seems the level of play has completely left the game after the patch. 

Nobody wants to adapt at this stage. It's not like the game just came out yesterday. And with the whole no new content thing I can understand why they would rather move on. But honestly six months from now the players that do stay will adapt to extreme defensive kiting and they'll still be running the clock out on shitty Jasons. Good players will find a way to out play bad players no matter what the devs do.

It'll be same shit, different way...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the patch personally because I don't expect to survive every single game. I want a hard opponent, I want those narrow escapes and 'shit, I'm screwed now' moments. I want to be tested against Jason so I can bring out my best way to play; it's more fun when your bag of tricks is running low and nothing has worked.

Escapes aren't guaranteed and shouldn't be. I haven't any interest in defeating Jason either; the only time I participate in it is when I see a group with the right bits for it.

The best way to adapt to Jason's new rage buff is quite simply stop trying to kill him or run him around until the clock runs out, and actually go and fix an objective and help other players. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

The best way to adapt to Jason's new rage buff is quite simply stop trying to kill him or run him around until the clock runs out, and actually go and fix an objective and help other players

This.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Austin Smith said:

Every time I get into a game when I try the fix the car and the boat, everyone is either hiding or trying to kill Jason and you can't win a game by yourself. 

You need to find a good group of friends to play with regularly whom you know you can rely on. That's the key to this game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know what I'm saying is that when I and some of my friends play the game is that there is only three of us trying to win and the other 4 counselors are trying to kill Jason or hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did the right thing, overall. They improved Jason. In my opinion they dipped their toe too far across the line. I would have drastically reduced the stun rate post-Rage rather than negate stuns entirely. Right now stun chance perks are irrelevant. I would rather not make any perks irrelevant after a certain point in a match. They could reduce stun rate to 1/4 what it was and Epic/Legendary stun perks would raise the stun chance just a bit but not too much.

For example if the bat has a 90% stun rate, if they reduced the bat to 25% of 90%, that's 36% stun chance. Then if you have a 20% stun chance perk that's 20% of 36 added back, so the stun chance would be 43.2% stun chance. So that's the route I would take. Something close to that, to drastically nerf the counselor's ability to fight Jason but not entirely negate it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

For example if the bat has a 90% stun rate, if they reduced the bat to 25% of 90%, that's 36% stun chance. Then if you have a 20% stun chance perk that's 20% of 36 added back, so the stun chance would be 43.2% stun chance. So that's the route I would take. Something close to that, to drastically nerf the counselor's ability to fight Jason but not entirely negate it.

That's one of the most logical solutions I have seen suggested since the patch. That is a very good idea and I would be totally onboard with it.

I cant give anymore likes right now, but just know I liked your post, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin Smith said:

Every time I get into a game when I try the fix the car and the boat, everyone is either hiding or trying to kill Jason and you can't win a game by yourself. 

Sure you can. I do it quite frequently because of the endless idiots who try to kill Jason or just stand around and dance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I like the patch personally because I don't expect to survive every single game. I want a hard opponent, I want those narrow escapes and 'shit, I'm screwed now' moments. I want to be tested against Jason so I can bring out my best way to play; it's more fun when your bag of tricks is running low and nothing has worked.

Escapes aren't guaranteed and shouldn't be. I haven't any interest in defeating Jason either; the only time I participate in it is when I see a group with the right bits for it.

The best way to adapt to Jason's new rage buff is quite simply stop trying to kill him or run him around until the clock runs out, and actually go and fix an objective and help other players. 

I agree with every word you just said. Er, typed.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The meta for so long was to run around jason, beat him up a bit and survive the night or kill him, rather then escape. Casual players have not adjusted to the patch yet, so most matches you will see these guys still doing the same and dying while you try to fix most yourself. Eventually we will start to see a shift toward the objectives(advanced players already have). Maybe one or two players will be used as distractors while everyone else is trying to repair. And an even further adjustment in this distracting is that you dont want to hit Jason! You just want to keep him close and kite him through cabins and take up his time, but not give him rage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was cussed out last night,for not helping kill jason. I repaired the car and left the keys by the door fixed the boat and took off in it and escaped. No one was around the boat just me. No matter buffs/nerfs people are gonna hate it and people are gonna argue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The meta for so long was to run around jason, beat him up a bit and survive the night or kill him, rather then escape. Casual players have not adjusted to the patch yet, so most matches you will see these guys still doing the same and dying while you try to fix most yourself. Eventually we will start to see a shift toward the objectives(advanced players already have). Maybe one or two players will be used as distractors while everyone else is trying to repair. And an even further adjustment in this distracting is that you dont want to hit Jason! You just want to keep him close and kite him through cabins and take up his time, but not give him rage!

I love leading Jason around, I rarely need to hit him but when I do I try to do it in creative ways or ways that offer some fun.

Yesterday as I was leading a Jason I pointed my flare gun at him a number of times through windows or door ways. I was in the boat house on Crystal Lake and needed to go up the hill, so I baited him up the hill wasting his Morph then went back through the boat house to the door. He broke the window and then Shifted inside. So I ran up to the top of the hill and waited for him to come out the door with the flare gun ready, rather than shooting straight at him I fired off to the left of him and he walked right into it. He always seemed to try and doge so I figured he would out of habit, granted it could have backfired as I had teased him earlier with being shot.

The game really wanted me to mess with him yesterday, I found two Pk’s every match. I spawned on one in a campsite and went to the radio cabin and found another. Next game, two Pk’s and a shotgun right from the get go. I honestly felt bad, and started giving them away to people doing objectives. Good times though, really enjoying more games than not. Trolls are still annoying and far to brazen about it but good lobbies are more common now.

 

To the OP, not that I think you’re wrong because you’re not, things are a bit divided at the moment but we seem to be working through it. It isn’t the first patch to do this and in all honesty I hope it won’t be the last. There’s an ebb and a flow to it and I think that some of the best ideas are brought up when things aren’t exactly peaceful. I know I’ve become friends with some of the people I’ve had disagreements with and even those members that I don’t consider friends or agree with, I like reading their posts too. I’m glad you want to have a discussion, @SteadyGosling and hope this thread or another thread starts one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

Sure you can. I do it quite frequently because of the endless idiots who try to kill Jason or just stand around and dance.

Absolutely. I play prepared to do all the repairs, phone call and driving myself. I actually prefer fixing vehicles and getting them started solo since with my stealth/repair it makes it far less likely Jason will know what's going on. I'll call out on the mic for a nearby counselor to make the call while I'm fixing the fuse box but 90% of the time the idiot just runs away.

I only really get irritated by the lack of coordination when I'm near the shack, already have the sweater or come back as Tommy. The worst is when I manage to meet up with a game Tommy/sweater girl and get to the shack only to find that someone already got the sweater and died wearing it without letting the rest of us know. 🤬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh joy, another thread made just to cause a bigger stir about the new patch, from that same emo dude who made the other one I responded in. 

@SteadyGosling I thought you were kicking rocks. Guess that was all hyperbole.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I like the patch personally because I don't expect to survive every single game. I want a hard opponent, I want those narrow escapes and 'shit, I'm screwed now' moments. I want to be tested against Jason so I can bring out my best way to play; it's more fun when your bag of tricks is running low and nothing has worked.

Escapes aren't guaranteed and shouldn't be. I haven't any interest in defeating Jason either; the only time I participate in it is when I see a group with the right bits for it.

The best way to adapt to Jason's new rage buff is quite simply stop trying to kill him or run him around until the clock runs out, and actually go and fix an objective and help other players. 

Honestly, the best way to adapt is just to kill him in the first five minutes of the match. 

I've been seeing more and more of it post-patch. 

You're having someone grab the sweater in the first two minutes of the match, you're looking at the list and seeing a dead Buggzy in the first two minutes, you're seeing Tommy already called and then you're seeing another counselor using Jason traps to suicide, you run across Jason and he has no mask.

Tommy and sweater girl are now patrolling the map in hunt mode at the 4 minute mark. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/22/2019 at 9:34 AM, SouthernMan said:

I was cussed out last night,for not helping kill jason. I repaired the car and left the keys by the door fixed the boat and took off in it and escaped. No one was around the boat just me. No matter buffs/nerfs people are gonna hate it and people are gonna argue.

Seriously? It only takes 2 people in Total to kill Jason if they need more help they should seriously question their skill level. Hell, you can take off the mask solo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played for the first time since the patch tonight. Did maybe 8 rounds and survived every one of them, and my friends got two Jason kills. Didn't really change much of anything for me personally, because I escaped either before Jason got rage or just afterwards.

EDIT: I will say, I used to occasionally like to mix it up and play as Jenny, but she feels kinda useless after the patch. Jenny's stats are designed around her stunning Jason. Now she'll just put him into rage and then be fucked lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the other day, a person was asking the devs to remove "the surviving the night badge" so counselors will only focus on escaping. 

I'm all for buffing Jason but i feel some players think they can use the word trolling as an excuse to have things removed that they don't like.

A Jason with experience can clear a lobby quickly and then you have no choice but to try an survive the night. You also have to take in accountability for people who leave the lobby before the game begins. This isn't trolling! 

I'm all for Jason getting more buffs in the future but i'm not on the side of counselors being nerfed at all. If Jason keeps getting stronger counselors will already be weaker there's no need to nerf counselors.  Surviving the night shouldn't be discouraged. A variety of ways to win and play is what makes this game unique and it shouldn't lose that. 

Playing as a counselor needs to still be entertaining and i feel that side is missing something at the moment. I'm not asking for a buff but give us a little more than window hopping. A few more creative ways for us to distract or slow Jason down would make things a little more fun.  I have a blast playing as Jason but the counselor side is lacking something.  

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...