Sign in to follow this  
Ste_Wolf

Sudden increase in Jason teamers

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a sudden rise in counselors teaming with Jason? I play on PS4, and nearly every time I play I encounter at least one lobby where this happens. It never used to be this bad.

I've actually noticed the opposite to be honest.  

I haven't ran into a teamer lobby in weeks. 

I also avoid playing on Saturday and Sundays during the day as that used to be prime teamer time. 

I'm also on PS4.  Maybe you've just had bad luck lately. 

Yes, and I play on Xbox.  I'm level 150 now, so I just quit when I get a definite feeling that there's teaming going on, especially when I fall victim to it.  Don't pass people by to get to me or have your lame-ass friend open the door and let you in, Jasons.  Actions have consequences and don't bitch and mock people when people quit if you don't play the game right.

I’d say 5/10 games I’ll run into a lobby of people joining together and teaming up. It used to be bad before the patch but now it’s kinda scarce and seems they disappear or find no meaning in helping. But I do still run into my fair share of lobbies full of friends. That’s why i pay attention who joins and how many people join at the same time knowing they are all in a party. If I see that, I just leave. But if I join a full lobby and not knowing who joined together, I’ll scope it out and if I feel Jason spawns ON TOP of me, then i now for sure someone is hiding under a bed, scoping the map and telling him where everyone is. It’s pathetic! But me and my boyfriend have killed a many cheating Jason’s even with their friends beside them. There’s no stopping us!

6 hours ago, SirMang said:

I've actually noticed the opposite to be honest.  

I haven't ran into a teamer lobby in weeks. 

I also avoid playing on Saturday and Sundays during the day as that used to be prime teamer time. 

I'm also on PS4.  Maybe you've just had bad luck lately. 

Same here. Weekday afternoons have also been terrible on the few occasions I've played then.

I do get a lot of cliqueish party chat counselor teams however. They rarely work with the rest of the lobby and will either get an objective done very quickly (sometimes they can't help but contribute to the greater good when they call the cops) or end up killing Jason out of the blue after disappearing for most of the match. It sucks that even when you come across good players in QP many of them won't work with you.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:54 PM, Friday_Queen said:

But me and my boyfriend have killed a many cheating Jason’s even with their friends beside them. There’s no stopping us!

Unless Jason grabs you and you don't have time to retrieve your weapon after escaping his grip, right?

• Haha 2

On 2/21/2019 at 7:04 PM, Eva Watanabe said:

Same here. Weekday afternoons have also been terrible on the few occasions I've played then.

I do get a lot of cliqueish party chat counselor teams however. They rarely work with the rest of the lobby and will either get an objective done very quickly (sometimes they can't help but contribute to the greater good when they call the cops) or end up killing Jason out of the blue after disappearing for most of the match. It sucks that even when you come across good players in QP many of them won't work with you.

I will say that I'm one of those cliqueish party chat counselor teams.  

But we play through game chat.  It's obvious we're together but no one gets any preferential treatment.  We'll kill each other as Jason just as fast as we'd kill each other as a counselor.  I've received messages from randoms in lobbies we've been in stating it's good to see a group of people who are together that don't play like complete dicks or team. 

Now there are times where there will be a couple of us who just flat out decide to troll Jason for the whole round, I won't lie.  But if we're doing that, everyone else is free to do what they want. 

22 hours ago, SirMang said:

I will say that I'm one of those cliqueish party chat counselor teams.  

But we play through game chat.  It's obvious we're together but no one gets any preferential treatment.  We'll kill each other as Jason just as fast as we'd kill each other as a counselor.  I've received messages from randoms in lobbies we've been in stating it's good to see a group of people who are together that don't play like complete dicks or team. 

Now there are times where there will be a couple of us who just flat out decide to troll Jason for the whole round, I won't lie.  But if we're doing that, everyone else is free to do what they want. 

Don't get me wrong, groups joining are a plus IMO so long as they use game chat and aren't teamers. Some of my most enjoyable matches have been when I've played with groups that are willing to work with outsiders. But a group that's obviously using party chat should just get a private room IMO. The game isn't designed to have a few counselors coordinating secretly over a mic while the rest of the room is left at a disadvantage.