My PC specifications are: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz 8.00 GB Ram, 64-bit operating system.  

Could I get some help with this, please?  I would really appreciate it! :) @mattshotcha

Could you elaborate a bit? Guessing this post is out of frustration, but it is lacking details just a little.. 😁 Also what is your GPU?

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M. 

Edit: When ever I lower my graphics settings, I get an error message “Fatal Error”; forgot the rest.  I play one match and then when the outro is done, I also get the fatal error message. 

Try verifying game files in steam and if that doesnt work, uninstall (delete game files) and then reinstall the game.

I have a weird one happening for me too. When i launch the game, sometimes it doesnt find my user profile and just sits there trying to load. I have to exit steam then relaunch for it to allow me to load my profile and get into game. Going to try this same thing and see if it clears up my issue.

17 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Try verifying game files in steam and if that doesnt work, uninstall (delete game files) and then reinstall the game.

I have a weird one happening for me too. When i launch the game, sometimes it doesnt find my user profile and just sits there trying to load. I have to exit steam then relaunch for it to allow me to load my profile and get into game. Going to try this same thing and see if it clears up my issue.

Ok.  Thank you 🙏

Edit: On steam (after verifying files) “1 file failed to validate and will reacquired.” 

Solid assistance coming from @badassgixxer05

Let us know if you continue to have issues. If so, please hop over to the site JasonKillsBugs.com and provide detailed info on what's happening.

I understand frustration, but without details, we can't do a lot to try and troubleshoot outside of the basics.

I'm on pc and I also have fatal error issues but not in the same circumstances. For me the only time they're happening is in the offline bots mode, right when a grab-kill animation is about to end to be precise. I can sometimes play 2-3 matches with none happening and other times I can get fatal errors for 3-4 matches in a row. Always happening around the time the game is about to make the transition from the end of a grab-kill animation back to normal gameplay. And there's no real consistency to how or when they will be triggered, a fatal error can happen to any Jason/kill/map/etc. combination one time and then not being triggered the next time in the exact same setting more or less. Whenever I play an offline bots match it's always a gamble whether or not it will end with that type of error. I also try reinstalling the game and it keeps happening anyway. Every time I verify the integrity of the game files I also get the “1 file failed to validate and will reacquired.” message but even if the game get back the missing file, if I verify the integrity again I get the same message and the file needs to be reacquired again. This whole fatal error situation is present for me since the offline bots mode was implemented. Here's a youtube vid(not by me) showing pretty much when the fatal error occurs for me following a grab-kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSje8vkz3i4

@mattshotcha is it possible to take a look into this and forward the info/issue to the appropriate ppl?

@makred78 I actually had a very similar problem with a different game. With that one, it turned out to be my anti virus program dumping the missing file into quarantine for some reason. I added an exception for the file and verified again to reaquire the file and it worked fine.
    Not sure if it is possible that this is the same type of issue... but it could be worth checking out.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2019 at 2:07 PM, Ahab said:

@makred78 I actually had a very similar problem with a different game. With that one, it turned out to be my anti virus program dumping the missing file into quarantine for some reason. I added an exception for the file and verified again to reaquire the file and it worked fine.
    Not sure if it is possible that this is the same type of issue... but it could be worth checking out.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check to see if this solve my problem.

Edit: No luck with that, it seems my av isn't the culprit here.

1 hour ago, makred78 said:

Thanks for the tip, I'll check to see if this solve my problem.

I have no idea if this is the problem, or if this will help... but the issue sounded VERY similar.
   I hope this works... or you at least are able to sort it out some other way.

if you are American see the tutorial in text; - Disable Anti-Virus - Install or reinstall Redist Unreal Engine 4 (Reboot System) - Check game integrity on steam - Close everything unnecessary in the task manager - Everything can interfere, Windows Explorer Open, OBS, Fraps, XSplit, You will have to close all this to be able to play without fatal error. * You can find out if the game will give a "Fatal Error" easily. When we open the game there is a little introduction from Unreal Engine etc, if you click with the left mouse and you can skip this cutscene it means that your game will not give fatal error !, now if you are unable to skip this cutscene you must close the game and open it again, remembering that whenever you open the ALT + Tab game to see if the game is being opened during the journey, to make sure that you really skipped the introduction from the beginning successfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_rjSQJaRls