• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Quit spawning counselors where the tommy house is

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Possible number of hits with high damage weapon to de mask

• Current

1 hour ago, Dead Meme said:

it takes a long time to demask a blocking Jason.  Weapon strikes deal minor chip-damage to his mask; although, Buggzy and Tommy can knock it off in 12 hits with heavy attacks using a machete or axe.  I could link some vids, if you want. 

I know it takes a long time... no video is required, but thanks for the offer... I was just not sure how long it takes or how many hits (in or out of combat stance) it would take.
   But standing around in block as Jason does make for an extremely boring game... Combat was much nicer when we could get into block and actually block an incoming attack.. never quick enough to block a swift attacker, but anyone else... if you have good reflexes, then you could pull it off fairly consistently... and then exit block and get a slash in before needing to get back into block.

The player that has map selection is considered "host" for this purpose... and I have noticed... in the very few games I get to play as Jason when I had map selection, that getting into block does seem much quicker than it is when you are not in charge of map selection in the lobby before the match starts as a few others have stated.
    I could be wrong on this, however... and it may just be a "placebo effect"... and not actually work that way. It is actually pretty rare for me to have map selection and play Jason that round.

Give Jason a "damage meter", like counselor stamina, with demask and stun tracks that regenerate similar to stamina and are visible to Jason, so a Jason can morph out when he's close to being demasked and regain HP.

20 minutes ago, SDA said:

Give Jason a "damage meter", like counselor stamina, with demask and stun tracks that regenerate similar to stamina and are visible to Jason, so a Jason can morph out when he's close to being demasked and regain HP.

They could use the Jason mask that flashes on the Counselors mini-map on Jason’s screen to show either damage as it happens or just as a low HP signal. Interesting idea to use the stamina bar around the mini-map though.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:17 AM, mattshotcha said:

Wes clearly stated that the CB house will not be on Jason's map. Jason also already has Morph and a map, so it isn't terrible to find the cabin with the giant radio tower.

Unable to be killed in Rage is not something we would look at doing, due to it removing a gameplay option all together. That's never a good call to totally scrap a mechanic as big as the Jason Kill.

But we are looking at Rage and the Kill. Great feedback in here, everyone.

Thanks for coming in here and reading the ideas man it’s appreciated. 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:49 PM, Ahab said:

I feel the same way... but most of us have done this at one point or another. I would be a much happier camper if it was made impossible to use this for demasking damage.

Many of us are hopeful that this will be the case... They may not decide to do it in a way any of us suggest... but whatever they do... I hope it helps to make the Jason kill more of a rarity at the very least.

And just to point it out... although you may have seen it already... The first line of Mattshotcha's post above... the devs refer to the "Tommy House" as the "CB House" (C.B. Radio)… and I think it was Wes on the stream who was wondering why us players refer to it as the "Tommy House"... as the "Jarvis house" is technically only on one 

I am no programmer... but it would seem like adding more HP would be the easiest thing to do here. But the easiest is not always the best thing to do either. More work does equal more money to implement... and I am sure this would be taken into account as well.

TBH I’m guilty of doing that cheap shot after his stun but lately I quit doing that and I let him get out of stun first before continuing the fight. I hate when players do it to me as Jason so as a player I like it to be an even fight and not this free hit bs players do. 

The Jarvis residence is the only true tommy house. But, I refer the CB house as the tommy house because you call tommy in that house, which explains why I call it that. There’s a lot of players who call it the tommy house. I rarely ever hear anyone call it a cb house. People rub off on each other. Lol

you're right on that adding hp to Jason probably wouldn’t take too much work but I’m no programmer either. But whatever helps Jason keep his mask a little easier can go a long way. 

On 2/28/2019 at 10:30 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Great video reference man. Thanks, to be honest it’s been mentioned before but it might not have been me, can’t remember.

I was thinking once per match or to a maximum amount of HP. Once per match is probably a better idea but then you lose out on however many extra HP you could have gotten if it’s a maximum amount deal. That’s a dev problem though, lol.

Re-Masking is a separate thing as I see it, if it got added awesome. One re-mask with minimal HP, then go to the shack and heal, sounds good to me. 

CB Radio needs a fuse, maybe. I’m on the fence but looking down on the no side. If it starts broken then it has to just be repaired (encouragement to have a repair Counselor in hunting parties/kill squads) but if it needs a fuse, then trolls get a new thing to hoard. I think sabotaged is the best way, with no fuse. 

Thanks for asking questions, I hope I explained my thinking well.

Re masking at his shack to get a new mask would be pretty sweet.

With the cb radio needing fuse I’m agreeing with you slasher and I’m kinda against a fuse.I’d like it much more with power already being out and repair counselors have to go fix the box. There’s already enough objectives to clear, cops, car, boat. 

@SDA I love the idea of a health bar Jason has so he knows how much health he is at. But when you say he can re gain health, how much health and how often? If he could just constantly regain health he can just keep morphing out and re gaining health making it nearly impossible to de mask him. TBH I don’t like the idea of allowing Jason to regain health. The only way I might like it is if it’s minimal health he can re gain. I think more hit points and one remask per match (2nd remask is with lower health) would go a long way in making it a more fair fight for Jason. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

TBH I’m guilty of doing that cheap shot after his stun but lately I quit doing that and I let him get out of stun first before continuing the fight. I hate when players do it to me as Jason so as a player I like it to be an even fight and not this free hit bs players do. 

For the most part, I stopped doing it a long time ago... I try to avoid killing Jason anyway... But if the Jason player is being a bit of a dick (or worse)… I will knock his mask off just to make him sweat... and I will use this on them, just to do it quicker... But only on the rude ones.
   I will help someone kill Jason if they ask me nicely... but it will be under protest... and I try to avoid doing it... I also play with the "do not hit Jason unless absolutely necessary" attitude in almost every match I play and usually only take a swing to free someone else from his grip.

36 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

People rub off on each other. Lol

Indeed they do. I only call it the Tommy house because that is what the community refers to it as... and until I saw the Matt, Wes and Daniel talking about it on the stream, I had no idea they referred to it as the C.B. house.
   Tommy's house will always be the Jarvis residence on that one map... but the community will probably always refer to the C.B. house as the Tommy house anyway.
    I also agree that whatever helps Jason keep his mask on a little longer can go a long way... I am not against the extra hit points... I am merely pointing out that in the game's current state, it is a bandage solution and will only prolong the inevitable. And other alterations may already be in progress... or maybe they are working on adding this one... only time will really tell.

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:43 PM, SDA said:

While this does seem like a good idea... whether Jason did have a fair chance to keep his mask on or not... the damage meter alone is too much. The moment the damage meter gets to a point of dangerously low... a great many Jason players will just morph away until they regain enough health that they can feel safe in returning to the fight.
   His damage regenerating at the speed a counselor's stamina regenerates is also WAY too fast... the goal here is to make it harder to kill Jason... and make the Jason kill a much rarer achievement, worthy of being proud of the accomplishment... Not to make it almost completely impossible to do it.
   This idea could work, if done with moderation in mind... it is not necessarily a bad idea... it is just a bit (maybe a lot) too much.
@DontZzz34 makes a good point... this would need to be a minimal health regeneration speed... The health bar would need to remain a no no here though. There are other points of balance to consider here as well... and this one may require other adjustments for progression towards the asymmetrical balance of our beloved over powered Mr. Voorhees... The other points of balance would probably need to work with the speed of his regeneration in mind...