1. 1. Give Jason Tommy house location on map

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Quit spawning counselors where the tommy house is

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Possible number of hits with high damage weapon to de mask

• Current

I see videos all the time of people killing Jason and there are too many people who are able to do it frequently. So, I am trying to suggest some things that would make it tougher to kill him. These are just some suggestions I thought of myself that would give Jason a stronger edge at preventing the counselors from killing him. 

*Showing the tommy house location on Jason’s map would give him enough time to morph there and trap it and cut the power first before the counselors could call tommy. With my idea of counselors not spawning inside or right by the tommy house would make it tougher to get the call to Tommy in. 

*Now if they showed the tommy location on map possibly they could be sure all Jason’s have at least 5 traps so all of them can trap objectives good. 

*More hits to get mask off? I’m struggling with this one. How many more hits with a high damage weapon compared to now? I’m not so sure on rough numbers but Jason’s mask should be much harder to take off than it is right now. It’s too easy.. unless you try taking it off by yourself...which most don’t do. It’s fricken Jason man he should be able to take loads of damage before the mask falls off. 

Share your guys’ thoughts with me on this and even give your suggestions you want to add in that’d make it more difficult to kill Jason

Recently i got into an argument on a Friday the 13th the game Facebook group with a group of guys who claimed to be from the forums.

The Group of guys who claimed to be from the Friday the 13th forums told me that they are going to keep pushing and pushing the Devs untill they make it to where you cant kill Jason AT All.

Thats The Goal of Pro Jason people they belive Counselors should only be able to Escape and that Counselors should not be able to kill Jason .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Recently i got into an argument on a Friday the 13th the game Facebook group with a group of guys who claimed to be from the forums.

The Group of guys who claimed to be from the Friday the 13th forums told me that they are going to keep pushing and pushing the Devs untill they make it to where you cant kill Jason AT All.

Thats The Goal of Pro Jason people they belive Counselors should only be able to Escape and that Counselors should not be able to kill Jason .

That’s really dumb. Jason should be able to get killed? Why not? Makes it fun to be able to do so. Just needs to be much harder than it is now

@stephendedalus thanks for your input. But I find it too easy to call tommy. It’s barely an accomplishment calling him in. Especially when u spawn inside the tommy house. Objective gets cleared within a couple minutes into the match EASILY when u spawn right in the tommy house  And de masking him seems to easy right now. He should be able to take more damage

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

That’s really dumb. Jason should be able to get killed? Why not? Makes it fun to be able to do so. Just needs to be much harder than it is now

Its Hard enough to kill Jason as it is.

2 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

what makes you think that? If you’re working with a good reliable teammate it’s pretty easy most of the time depending on the circumstances.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, DontZzz34 said:

*Showing the tommy house location on Jason’s map would give him enough time to morph there and trap it and cut the power first before the counselors could call tommy. With my idea of counselors not spawning inside or right by the tommy house would make it tougher to get the call to Tommy in.  I'd keep the playing field level by not allowing counselors to spawn inside or near that house, and not letting Jason know where it is from the start.

*Now if they showed the tommy location on map possibly they could be sure all Jason’s have at least 5 traps so all of them can trap objectives good. If you pushed each Jason to have at least 5 traps, that would create a new problem. What weaknesses would you give a Jason that previously only had 3 traps?

*More hits to get mask off? I’m struggling with this one. How many more hits with a high damage weapon compared to now? I’m not so sure on rough numbers but Jason’s mask should be much harder to take off than it is right now. It’s too easy.. unless you try taking it off by yourself...which most don’t do. It’s fricken Jason man he should be able to take loads of damage before the mask falls off. 

The mask situation should be looked at. I'm not sure about adjustments to the number of hits, but something should be done.

9 hours ago, Strigoi said:

They could be from the forums. If you saw some of the same names on there as here, you'd have your confirmation.

It is their right to express that view as they wish. You have the same right to have a different opinion about the subject. Arguments come from people being unwilling or unable to see things from the other side's viewpoint. Throw emotions into the mix, and it's a recipe for disaster. If people can't see eye to eye, they should just agree to disagree, and move on. That holds true here, on Facebook, and anywhere else a discussion can pop up.

Thats The Goal of Pro Jason people they belive Counselors should only be able to Escape and that Counselors should not be able to kill Jason

That's not completely true. Not all players in Jason's corner felt that way. They just didn't like getting smacked around for entire matches. If a good team killed a Jason, some of those players were fine with that.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:13 PM, DontZzz34 said:

what makes you think that? If you’re working with a good reliable teammate it’s pretty easy most of the time depending on the circumstances.

Yeah, it's definitely not hard if you're at all coordinated. You don't even need everybody to be coordinated; sometimes you just need a few who know what's going on. I've been a counselor in games where I haven't even seen Jason, and two or three people end up teaming up to kill him.

It's gotten to the point where I'm going to go out of my way to not kill him. When I come back as Tommy and his mask is off, I'll usually just go off on my own. So many Jasons I've been playing against recently have been pretty new, and I'd imagine having an experience of a bunch of people teaming up to kill you so early on into the game is just going to make you not want to keep playing.

I got killed the first game I ever was Jason. Everyone was so proud of themselves, trash talking me and acting like it was such a huge accomplishment, even though I literally did not know how grab kills worked. It just really turned me off and made me not want to play as Jason anymore.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:08 PM, Strigoi said:

It's really not. I've gone in solo to kill him. Demasked him, got the sweater, and carried the axr to Tommy. If I can do that on a whim solo it's too easy.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:04 AM, Fair Play said:

On 2/24/2019 at 6:04 AM, Fair Play said:
On 2/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, DontZzz34 said:

I'd keep the playing field level by not allowing counselors to spawn inside or near that house, and not letting Jason know where it is from the start.

. If you pushed each Jason to have at least 5 traps, that would create a new problem. What weaknesses would you give a Jason that previously only had 3 traps?

The mask situation should be looked at. I'm not sure about adjustments to the number of hits, but something should be done.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, Strigoi said:

1)I've suggested starting the match with the power out.

2) I'd say you simply give each Jason one extra trap to start with. That'd give a chance to defend the box.

3) Double the Hp would be good if they fix quick block.

• Like 1

I don't think Jason should be made aware of the CB radio house location. I do think that Jason should be able to smash it when/if he finds it the render the kill impossible and escape the only option or at least make it require a fuse like the phone. I don't know enough about demasking to have an opinion.

Edited by F134Ever86

The biggest band-aid they could give Jason (IMHO) is more mask HP.  That and some invulnerability frames after stun animations. 

Although, it's probably a tedious process to add the 2nd thing I mentioned; mask HP will do... and widen his grab cone :) 

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

2) I'd say you simply give each Jason one extra trap to start with. That'd give a chance to defend the box.

Idea number two keeps the trap scales balanced. I'd be fine with that.

@DontZzz34 Many of us agree it is way too easy to kill Jason... There is a reason for that... it is way too easy to kill Jason. It should be rare and difficult to pull off, not so simple a child could do it... which it currently is.
    But...
    * Giving Jason the "Tommy house" location has been suggested before... and on the "Beyond" stream, they have already said this is not going to happen. Personally, I feel this is too much for Jason anyway... as Tommy himself is not the problem... it is the ease of losing the mask... which I will get into bellow.
    * Spawning counselors at the Tommy house... I have not seen this one suggested before... But in many games... no one spawns by the Tommy house anyway... and in many other games, the radio tower is in the opening cut scene which gives away its location... and the runners that really want him called will get him called... and... same thing as above... Tommy himself is not the problem.
    * Number of hits to demask... Now this is the problem right here... and it is the only real problem. Once the mask is off, barring a glitch with the sweater or a mistake made by Tommy... or even the possibility that the axe (or machete) does not cause him to fall to his knees (they are not nearly as high a chance to stun as the bat)… Jason WILL die. His only real defense at this point is to "run away" which should not be in the Voorhees vocabulary… and / or simply morph into the lake.

As long as the counselors can get a demasking strike that Jason cannot defend against (and thusly give him an actual chance to keep his mask)… it will remain easy to kill him. After each of Jason's animations, when timed properly, a counselor can get a demasking hit in that Jason has absolutely ZERO chance to defend against. Block has been slow to get into since the engine upgrade and has been completely useless in helping him keep his mask.
      While these two issues persist, the mask WILL continue to mysteriously "fall" from his face.... and Jason players will continue to die... and Jason hunters will continue to pound their chests thinking they are good at something that a child can pull off. 
      But Tommy alone is not the problem... Jason just needs a good... yet fair chance to actually keep his mask.

1 hour ago, Dead Meme said:

The biggest band-aid they could give Jason (IMHO) is more mask HP. 

More hit points towards demasking will literally just be "prolonging the inevitable"... the reason for this is explained above.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Double the Hp would be good if they fix quick block.

If block was effectively useable... and previously it was, before the engine upgrade... it would help a lot. But as I stated above, and several times in the past... as long as that indefensible demasking hit remains... no amount of bonus hit points will do anything more than prolonging the inevitable... and making something take "longer" is not "making it more difficult"... it is just making it "take longer". The length of time something takes does not indicate difficulty.

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, Strigoi said:

If only you could hear how much I laughed at this statement... 
   It really is not hard to do it... it is in fact VERY easy to do it.

20 hours ago, stephendedalus said:

I got killed the first game I ever was Jason. Everyone was so proud of themselves, trash talking me and acting like it was such a huge accomplishment, even though I literally did not know how grab kills worked. It just really turned me off and made me not want to play as Jason anymore.

Jason hunters that act like that are true assholes, with the added trait of being blithering morons... Pounding one's chest and thinking they are good at something that a child can easily pull off, is elegant proof of a lack of intelligence and of character.
   I am happy to see that you have (in recent months) learned to like playing Jason... and you have been getting much better at it... Practice may not make perfect, but it does make us all "better" than we were before.

• Like 1

@Ahab I agree they also need to add invincibility frames. The hp bump along with fixing block were just two of the small changes I, and many others have suggested. I do disagree that extending the time it takes to accomplish something doesn't make it more difficult. At least in an online game. The extended time from an hp bump gives time to counter play. Games like these can hinge on momentum. 

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@DontZzz34 Many of us agree it is way too easy to kill Jason... There is a reason for that... it is way too easy to kill Jason. It should be rare and difficult to pull off, not so simple a child could do it... which it currently is.
    But...
    * Giving Jason the "Tommy house" location has been suggested before... and on the "Beyond" stream, they have already said this is not going to happen. Personally, I feel this is too much for Jason anyway... as Tommy himself is not the problem... it is the ease of losing the mask... which I will get into bellow.
    * Spawning counselors at the Tommy house... I have not seen this one suggested before... But in many games... no one spawns by the Tommy house anyway... and in many other games, the radio tower is in the opening cut scene which gives away its location... and the runners that really want him called will get him called... and... same thing as above... Tommy himself is not the problem.
    * Number of hits to demask... Now this is the problem right here... and it is the only real problem. Once the mask is off, barring a glitch with the sweater or a mistake made by Tommy... or even the possibility that the axe (or machete) does not cause him to fall to his knees (they are not nearly as high a chance to stun as the bat)… Jason WILL die. His only real defense at this point is to "run away" which should not be in the Voorhees vocabulary… and / or simply morph into the lake.

As long as the counselors can get a demasking strike that Jason cannot defend against (and thusly give him an actual chance to keep his mask)… it will remain easy to kill him. After each of Jason's animations, when timed properly, a counselor can get a demasking hit in that Jason has absolutely ZERO chance to defend against. Block has been slow to get into since the engine upgrade and has been completely useless in helping him keep his mask.
      While these two issues persist, the mask WILL continue to mysteriously "fall" from his face.... and Jason players will continue to die... and Jason hunters will continue to pound their chests thinking they are good at something that a child can pull off. 
      But Tommy alone is not the problem... Jason just needs a good... yet fair chance to actually keep his mask.

More hit points towards demasking will literally just be "prolonging the inevitable"... the reason for this is explained above.

If block was effectively useable... and previously it was, before the engine upgrade... it would help a lot. But as I stated above, and several times in the past... as long as that indefensible demasking hit remains... no amount of bonus hit points will do anything more than prolonging the inevitable... and making something take "longer" is not "making it more difficult"... it is just making it "take longer". The length of time something takes does not indicate difficulty

Interesting they talked about that on beyond. I didn’t catch that in their streams posted. Thanks for the info on that one. I agree Jason losing his mask too easily is the biggest issue. I did notice blocking isn’t that effective as you said. Counselors have still been able to knock my mask off while I was blocking. I felt like blocking was useless as well. If they buffed the block, this would be an effective tool for Jason players To have an effective block that would take a lot less damage. Jason players who know when to block at the RIGHT time and swing at the right time would be much harder to stop. Then there are the Jason players who don’t even know how to block and they’d remain an easy kill. 

I still think more hit points would benefit Jason due to the fact that this would cause counselors weapons to eventually break, they will run out of pocket knives, health spray, etc.... and if their weapons break while trying to demask this means they have to run away and try to find new weapons to de mask. This gives Jason some time to chase after them and try killing them before they find more weapons to de mask.

But I’m not sure if I’m just lucky but in several of my matches I’ll either spawn inside the tommy house or right next to it which makes it an easy call for me a lot of games. 

I know you say that The mask is the problem and not Tommy. But, if they did make it more difficult to call tommy, it’d make counselors have more work and time spent to go for the kill.     If they started the match with the power out like @thrawn3054 states that means they’d have to spend time fixing the box, then make the call to tommy. If Jason knows he’s dealing with a kill squad he doesn’t have to worry about a quick call to tommy being made as the power is already out. And he could have the time to trap the box and be sure that the only person able to kill him doesn’t come into the match. 

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's really not. I've gone in solo to kill him. Demasked him, got the sweater, and carried the axr to Tommy. If I can do that on a whim solo it's too easy.

Starting the match with power out is great idea!! And an extra trap for all except part 2. Good points

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Games like these can hinge on momentum. 

While this is VERY true... doing something easy over and over again and taking longer to complete the task is really not making it any more difficult.
    All tasks take time... be they easy or be they difficult... The length of time never really adds to the difficulty of the task at hand... But with a time constraint... this can alter the difficulty and cause screw ups when one is in a hurry... But the time constraint would actually need to be difficult to achieve your goal within it... when considering the minimum length of time needed to accomplish said task is close to the overall time limit... Then yes... the easy task can be difficult to achieve... as it does not count at all if the time runs out.

22 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

nteresting they talked about that on beyond. I didn’t catch that in their streams posted.

I have to get caught up on the more recent episodes... I believe this was mentioned in the first or second stream... but only briefly and was not elaborated on much at all.

23 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Counselors have still been able to knock my mask off while I was blocking.

That is one I have not yet seen in any games I have played... yet. I have been stunned while blocking quite a few times in the past though, which left me open to that dreaded indefensible demasking hit after the animation.
   Blocking before the engine upgrade was much quicker to get into and use effectively though, which also made the swift attacker perk more useful. Although, apparently if you are the "host" of the lobby, you can actually still get into block pretty quick... but how often are we the host of a lobby when we get our turn as Jason?... It rarely works out for me to get map selection and a turn at Jason at the same time... Host on PC is just the person picking the map.
   With this being the case though... if the next Jason player to be selected was switched to being the "host" of the lobby before going into the game... it may just fix the issue with getting into block being slowed right there.

50 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Then there are the Jason players who don’t even know how to block and they’d remain an easy kill.

There will always be someone who just does not bother using block... and new players have not yet learned of it, but they will figure it out soon enough, hopefully. But when block was quicker to get into it was FAR more effective... Now the only use for block is to just stand there and take shots... or when you come around a corner knowing a counselor is waiting there to hit you... It is impossible to go in and out of block and still be a viable defense with it being so slow to get into it.
    Against swift attacker, we never had a chance to get into block in time... but I think that was the real point of that perk. Against players that are not using it... if your reflexes were quick enough, you could get into block in time to effectively defend yourself from an incoming strike... Those were the days.

55 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I still think more hit points would benefit Jason due to the fact that this would cause counselors weapons to eventually break, they will run out of pocket knives, health spray, etc.... and if their weapons break while trying to demask this means they have to run away and try to find new weapons to de mask. This gives Jason some time to chase after them and try killing them before they find more weapons to de mask.

I would agree completely... IF block worked as well as it used to... and if we could block an incoming strike with the counselor in our grip (meat shielding is sorely missed by many)…
   But that damned indefensible demasking strike I keep bringing up is still a big problem... After taking a pocket knife, the counselor can just stand there in combat stance and get a free hit in towards demasking at the moment the animation ends... with the momentary stun immunity, each of these hits does its full damage... and this type of hit works after every animation, kill animations, weapon, firecracker, flare or shotgun stuns... The door crashing animation as well... but now he cannot be stunned doing this one at all... without the shotgun of course. Before the rage buff... this one often resulted in a stun, and stunning hits do less damage towards demasking at least... But stunning Jason after a door crash was ridiculously unbelievable... The strike with any weapon could have only a tiny percentage of the force required to crash through a door like that... So if he could crash through it like that... he would barely feel the weapon right after it... Physics and all that.
   If Jason had ANY way to defend himself from this it would go a long way to help in making the Jason kill harder to pull off... even just some (or complete) damage immunity for the duration of the two second stun immunity after the animations would do it.
   I still feel if Jason had a fair chance at blocking, and defending against these types of hits... he probably would have no need for more hit points. But there are still certain perks
 that allow for a one or two hit demasking with Bugsy... and they carry over to Tommy as well... So just because of that point... The minimum number of strikes to remove the mask should at the very least be raised somewhat... so alright... you convinced me that more hit points at least cannot hurt... but more than that would still be required to make it difficult to pull off.

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

But I’m not sure if I’m just lucky but in several of my matches I’ll either spawn inside the tommy house or right next to it which makes it an easy call for me a lot of games. 

I spawn in front of the Tommy house a few times per night at least as well... but generally, when I play... I play a lot of matches in one night... I am sure others spawn in front of the Tommy house fairly often too. Perhaps some of us more than others... the luck of the crazy patterns found with random number generators. But many players have the one track mind focused on speed looting and do not even notice the Tommy house is right in front of them... but I would hope they stop to make the call if they do notice the radio in the house.
   But Tommy still is not the real problem. Sure he is the only character that can strike the killing blow... but if a Jason player had a fair chance to keep his mask on... Tommy will not get the chance to strike this blow.
   Every time I see a Tommy initiate the kill animation... the final lines of my namesake run through my head... "From hell's heart, I stab at thee... For hate's sake... I spit my last breath at thee..." Even though I rarely bother with a Jason kill, I find the lines fitting for these moments... if they were spoken by Tommy.

18 minutes ago, Ahab said:

While this is VERY true... doing something easy over and over again and taking longer to complete the task is really not making it any more difficult.
    All tasks take time... be they easy or be they difficult... The length of time never really adds to the difficulty of the task at hand... But with a time constraint... this can alter the difficulty and cause screw ups when one is in a hurry... But the time constraint would actually need to be difficult to achieve your goal within it... when considering the minimum length of time needed to accomplish said task is close to the overall time limit... Then yes... the easy task can be difficult to achieve... as it does not count at all if the time runs out.

I have to get caught up on the more recent episodes... I believe this was mentioned in the first or second stream... but only briefly and was not elaborated on much at all.

That is one I have not yet seen in any games I have played... yet. I have been stunned while blocking quite a few times in the past though, which left me open to that dreaded indefensible demasking hit after the animation.
   Blocking before the engine upgrade was much quicker to get into and use effectively though, which also made the swift attacker perk more useful. Although, apparently if you are the "host" of the lobby, you can actually still get into block pretty quick... but how often are we the host of a lobby when we get our turn as Jason?... It rarely works out for me to get map selection and a turn at Jason at the same time... Host on PC is just the person picking the map.
   With this being the case though... if the next Jason player to be selected was switched to being the "host" of the lobby before going into the game... it may just fix the issue with getting into block being slowed right there.

There will always be someone who just does not bother using block... and new players have not yet learned of it, but they will figure it out soon enough, hopefully. But when block was quicker to get into it was FAR more effective... Now the only use for block is to just stand there and take shots... or when you come around a corner knowing a counselor is waiting there to hit you... It is impossible to go in and out of block and still be a viable defense with it being so slow to get into it.
    Against swift attacker, we never had a chance to get into block in time... but I think that was the real point of that perk. Against players that are not using it... if your reflexes were quick enough, you could get into block in time to effectively defend yourself from an incoming strike... Those were the days.

I would agree completely... IF block worked as well as it used to... and if we could block an incoming strike with the counselor in our grip (meat shielding is sorely missed by many)…
   But that damned indefensible demasking strike I keep bringing up is still a big problem... After taking a pocket knife, the counselor can just stand there in combat stance and get a free hit in towards demasking at the moment the animation ends... with the momentary stun immunity, each of these hits does its full damage... and this type of hit works after every animation, kill animations, weapon, firecracker, flare or shotgun stuns... The door crashing animation as well... but now he cannot be stunned doing this one at all... without the shotgun of course. Before the rage buff... this one often resulted in a stun, and stunning hits do less damage towards demasking at least... But stunning Jason after a door crash was ridiculously unbelievable... The strike with any weapon could have only a tiny percentage of the force required to crash through a door like that... So if he could crash through it like that... he would barely feel the weapon right after it... Physics and all that.
   If Jason had ANY way to defend himself from this it would go a long way to help in making the Jason kill harder to pull off... even just some (or complete) damage immunity for the duration of the two second stun immunity after the animations would do it.
   I still feel if Jason had a fair chance at blocking, and defending against these types of hits... he probably would have no need for more hit points. But there are still certain perks
 that allow for a one or two hit demasking with Bugsy... and they carry over to Tommy as well... So just because of that point... The minimum number of strikes to remove the mask should at the very least be raised somewhat... so alright... you convinced me that more hit points at least cannot hurt... but more than that would still be required to make it difficult to pull off.

I spawn in front of the Tommy house a few times per night at least as well... but generally, when I play... I play a lot of matches in one night... I am sure others spawn in front of the Tommy house fairly often too. Perhaps some of us more than others... the luck of the crazy patterns found with random number generators. But many players have the one track mind focused on speed looting and do not even notice the Tommy house is right in front of them... but I would hope they stop to make the call if they do notice the radio in the house.
   But Tommy still is not the real problem. Sure he is the only character that can strike the killing blow... but if a Jason player had a fair chance to keep his mask on... Tommy will not get the chance to strike this blow.
   Every time I see a Tommy initiate the kill animation... the final lines of my namesake run through my head... "From hell's heart, I stab at thee... For hate's sake... I spit my last breath at thee..." Even though I rarely bother with a Jason kill, I find the lines fitting for these moments... if they were spoken by Tommy.

Ugh players who get in to combat stance and get a free swing in right after Jason’s stun is a cheap shot, I like to call it. Hopefully when they come out with a new patch they can focus more on making the kill for Jason much more difficult! We all have some great points and I hope the devs consider these ideas. @mattshotcha I thought it would be good to tag you so you can see what we are coming up with

@DontZzz34 As I understand it Jason's block only reduces damage. It doesn't stop it all together. 

@Ahab True a demask is still an easy thing to achieve. Hp is by no means the only change needed to increase the difficulty of a kill. It is however probably one of the easiest for them to implement. Invincibility frames and quick block probably will take much more coding to get right.

Give Jason more hit points. 

Give Jason the location of the CB house on his Morph map. That way he can defend it like any other objective. 

Make Jason unable to be killed in Rage. 

This is all you have to do @mattshotcha

With the coming perk rework these changes wouldn't be op. Not to mention perks that increase melee damage will get used more. 

9 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Give Jason more hit points. 

Give Jason the location of the CB house on his Morph map. That way he can defend it like any other objective. 

Make Jason unable to be killed in Rage. 

This is all you have to do @mattshotcha

With the coming perk rework these changes wouldn't be op. Not to mention perks that increase melee damage will get used more. 

Wes clearly stated that the CB house will not be on Jason's map. Jason also already has Morph and a map, so it isn't terrible to find the cabin with the giant radio tower.

Unable to be killed in Rage is not something we would look at doing, due to it removing a gameplay option all together. That's never a good call to totally scrap a mechanic as big as the Jason Kill.

But we are looking at Rage and the Kill. Great feedback in here, everyone.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Wes clearly stated that the CB house will not be on Jason's map. Jason also already has Morph and a map, so it isn't terrible to find the cabin with the giant radio tower.

What about starting in the broken state, to give him time to find it? Not that I disagree with Wes but it makes sense for Jason to have sabotaged that particular box, he took the phone fuse after all. A big radio that can broadcast a call for help seems to fall into the same category as a phone. 

Unable to be killed in Rage is not something we would look at doing, due to it removing a gameplay option all together. That's never a good call to totally scrap a mechanic as big as the Jason Kill.

Good, I don’t think he should be unkillable, it is something that needs to be made harder to do though, so I’m glad you’re looking at it.

Great feedback in here, everyone.

Great feedback for sure. Thanks for giving your feedback as well. 

Have you guys considered allowing Jason to heal by visiting the Shack (or a graveyard)? It would be interesting if visiting Mother, her grave or his own would allow him to heal over time, not enough that he can’t be killed. Could have the healing cut off after so long. Purposely burning a Morph to go home, and then standing around gives Counselors time to get objectives done. If the devs really don’t want to just up his HP this gives another avenue, if he loses his mask it’s to late to go heal after all. 

38 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Slasher_Clone RE: Jason Healing

Maybe could be done once per match?

What about REmasking?

CB radio needs fuse?

Great video reference man. Thanks, to be honest it’s been mentioned before but it might not have been me, can’t remember.

I was thinking once per match or to a maximum amount of HP. Once per match is probably a better idea but then you lose out on however many extra HP you could have gotten if it’s a maximum amount deal. That’s a dev problem though, lol.

Re-Masking is a separate thing as I see it, if it got added awesome. One re-mask with minimal HP, then go to the shack and heal, sounds good to me. 

CB Radio needs a fuse, maybe. I’m on the fence but looking down on the no side. If it starts broken then it has to just be repaired (encouragement to have a repair Counselor in hunting parties/kill squads) but if it needs a fuse, then trolls get a new thing to hoard. I think sabotaged is the best way, with no fuse. 

Thanks for asking questions, I hope I explained my thinking well.

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Ugh players who get in to combat stance and get a free swing in right after Jason’s stun is a cheap shot, I like to call it.

I feel the same way... but most of us have done this at one point or another. I would be a much happier camper if it was made impossible to use this for demasking damage.

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Hopefully when they come out with a new patch they can focus more on making the kill for Jason much more difficult!

Many of us are hopeful that this will be the case... They may not decide to do it in a way any of us suggest... but whatever they do... I hope it helps to make the Jason kill more of a rarity at the very least.

And just to point it out... although you may have seen it already... The first line of Mattshotcha's post above... the devs refer to the "Tommy House" as the "CB House" (C.B. Radio)… and I think it was Wes on the stream who was wondering why us players refer to it as the "Tommy House"... as the "Jarvis house" is technically only on one map. 

18 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

As I understand it Jason's block only reduces damage. It doesn't stop it all together. 

Indeed… the block reduces damage (not sure by how much)… and (usually) prevents stuns... We can indeed be demasked just standing around in block and taking hits for a long period of time... But I have only ever seen the mask come off in block once or twice.

18 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

True a demask is still an easy thing to achieve. Hp is by no means the only change needed to increase the difficulty of a kill. It is however probably one of the easiest for them to implement. Invincibility frames and quick block probably will take much more coding to get right.

I am no programmer... but it would seem like adding more HP would be the easiest thing to do here. But the easiest is not always the best thing to do either. More work does equal more money to implement... and I am sure this would be taken into account as well.

If the block for Jason when he is the "host" of a lobby is truly not slowed from what it used to be... then changing the time in which Jason is selected may be prudent... If the host is Jason for each match... and it is true that his block is not slowed when he is the "host" (or simply the person with map selection as it goes on PC)… then the problem is fixed right there... if the "host" is always Jason... but then the host must be mitigated each time a new player is selected to play Jason.
   This would also solve the issue of the Jason hunters ALWAYS selecting Packanack Small.... I am so sick of that map... seven times in a row the other night on that one.
    But this, or any other change in coding can cause unforeseen conflicts... no one wants more bugs or any new bugs... but any kind of change can easily cause them... We can just hope for the best here really.

But this may be much more work to implement than another way to fix it... I do not know.... Just throwing ideas around.

@Ahab, it takes a long time to demask a blocking Jason.  Weapon strikes deal minor chip-damage to his mask; although, Buggzy and Tommy can knock it off in 12 hits with heavy attacks using a machete or axe.  I could link some vids, if you want. 

Also, blocking as "host" is referred back to when consoles didn't have dedicated servers.  If you're the host (a person who has full control over the lobby) does not have ping next to their name... so this grants the player as host faster inputs, such as Blocking, using throwing knives, shift-grabbing, etc.  But after the engine upgrade and the addition of dedicated servers, everyone now has ping; no more host.