Sign in to follow this  
Bonker2468

Leaving them limping: Fair or foul?

I've recently started playing occasionally with a group that's a kill squad. It's fun when you're a counselor, but not so much when you get picked to be Jason.

Going in knowing what they are and their mission, though, changes the way I play entirely. I'm trying some strategies to play defense and avoid the kill, which is really my only goal with that crew. One of them is slashing a Buggzy -- who was attacking to quickly demask me -- to the point of limping and then letting him live. I want him injured but not dead because I know that guy is a talented player who will come back as Tommy and make my soon to be short Jason life even more of a living hell. I figure if he's limping around I can at least make him hunt for a spray at worst, and finish him off easily later on at best. I'm basically trying to get him out of my hair for a bit.
He was giving me some grief for that tactic last night, though. 

So is that bad etiquette? Am I being smart? Being an asshole? Being a smart asshole?

It's fair. Although you could try baiting the person next time into going through broken windows so it suicides them so it guarantees you they aren't returning as Tommy. 

52 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

It's fair. Although you could try baiting the person next time into going through broken windows so it suicides them so it guarantees you they aren't returning as Tommy. 

In theory, that’s a very good idea. But, if that person is wanting to be the one that comes back as Tommy, they’ll never crawl through the broken window. They know it will cancel their shot to be Tommy. 

@Bonker2468, I agree with the others, this is a legit strategy. 

The only problem I find is that there is always another person willing to spray the wounded guy if he cant do it himself. Wounding everybody is a valid strategy, but a time consuming one when everyone is running thick skin and medic. 

• Like 1

Slashing a player and leaving them limping doesn't make you an asshole. It can be a good strategy, if there isn't someone waiting to heal them. If the player in question gave you grief, it was because you didn't play into their hands.

I personally consider the following to be bad etiquette:

1. Dragging out a match to show off your evasive skills against Jason, when you are the only person left, and you could just escape.

2. Using exploits to avoid Jason and making the match drag on.

3. Assuming every player will cater to your play style, and then getting upset when you realize they won't.

Fair play, but a bad strategy in that particular case. 

It usually takes a few swings to get them limping/injuried & in that time bugzy is gonna get a couple swings in also. At that point even if you still have ur mask a lot of damage has already been dealt. Unless you hurt him with throwing knifes from a distance, don’t engage him. 

My advice would be to morph away from him and target other people. Preferably female counselors. No females, no worry’s. 

But it’s usually not that easy, bugzy is probably going to hunt you down everywhere you go, in that case stack up on throwing knifes & try hurting him that way. Once hurt, continue after the females unless you’ve already killed 2 of them, if so FINISH HIM! lol

If the team's any good he'll quickly be sprayed by someone else and go right back to beating the shit out of you. And presumably the other members of this Jason kill squad have some skill too so it's not like they'll be pushovers if one of them becomes Tommy instead of Buggzy. I'd either kill Buggzy when the opportunity presents itself or focus another player/objective. Trapping Jason's shack and the power generator for the Tommy house first should help against kill squads.

Making a player limp is certainly a fair tactic however. If anything I'm grateful when a Jason gives me a chance to go hunting for a spray instead of finishing me off then and there. 😁

ya if you get them limping best to finish them off like a talented masseuse. Someone can spray them and then your back to square 1 with that counselor. Espicially the female counselors. The one you spare could be the one that gets that sweater.

This is a good tactic against kill squads. 

But it can and will bite you in the ass if it's a regular lobby of people trying to just get things done.  Eventually the injured person will find a spray or another person who has a spray...and then they're back to find running around completing objectives or protecting people to escape.

Really depends on the situation if you want to use this tactic. 

I do this and sometimes leave them alive for s bit. Sometimes I play to win, sometimes I play to have mindless fun and   Yeah, sometimes they’ll stumble on some spray but it’s fine. Just enjoy the game. Play however you want as long as you’re not intentionally trolling or cheating.

This is my prefer level of play. When I am Jason, I like to let counselors use every item available to them on the map. I’ve had full lobby’s limping before, but this also has come back to haunt me also.

It's all fair game, especially when their intent is to kill you. Nothing you do to them is unfair. Disrupting their plan and making them whine like little bitches doesn't make you a dirty player. It just makes them whiny little bitches.

5 hours ago, SirMang said:

This is a good tactic against kill squads. 

But it can and will bite you in the ass if it's a regular lobby of people trying to just get things done.  Eventually the injured person will find a spray or another person who has a spray...and then they're back to find running around completing objectives or protecting people to escape.

Really depends on the situation if you want to use this tactic. 

Oh, I play "normal" against regular lobbies. Finish off kills right away and don't employ any particular strategy on who dies first. It's just whoever I come across.

This group, though, I know from playing with them what their sole mission is and that they're good at it. They're calling Tommy right away, have a Buggzy with the right perks to go on kamikaze missions against Jasons and damask him before he can do anything about it, etc. So against them, I don't even care if I get 2/8 and six or seven people escape. If I don't die, it's a win in my book. The last couple of games I didn't even trap objectives. I used them all at the shack to try and change up my strategy.