Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Page suggestions- Revisited

Lets re visit patch suggestions  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Flare guns and fireworks to stun in rage?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. The only ones allowed to stun a raged Jason are the Final Survior and Tommy Jarvis

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Unless something has changed...they at least used to behave like a radio, in that respect.

Ah, in that case I still feel they are underwhelming. firecrackers are not long lasting like the radio, and blips don't entice me to break off pursuit. 

17 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Ah, in that case I still feel they are underwhelming. firecrackers are not long lasting like the radio, and blips don't entice me to break off pursuit. 

But, let's say I'm counselor and...

Scenario 1: I beat you to a cabin, and set off firecrackers while you start working on the door. While you are hammering away at a lit up cabin, I slip out the back and either gun it for the next cabin over, or try and get as far out of your sense range as possible OR I slip under a bed or into a closet, which (depending on factors) may not light up the house for you and you think I've done the former and head off in your best guess as to my next direction. The distraction of a lit cabin could give me enough time to make it to safety or make you think I have and give me time to plan my next move.

Scenario 2: (and this one recently happened to me) You've got me dead to rights. We're in one of the featured houses on any of the maps, and I don't have much chance of escaping. I toss out firecrackers, and start scrambling for a hiding spot in the house. I choose a hidden area, rather than a closet or a bed, and you can't track my movement, because the continuous sound bubbles throw off detection of where I've headed. We're down to the last two minutes of the round, and you destroy every closet and bed in a frantic search to keep me from surviving the night. All you know is that sense keeps telling you that I'm in the house, but won't tell you where, so you've got a multi-story guessing game on your hands.

Distraction doesn't necessarily mean I've created a decoy, distraction may just mean that I have diverted your ability to track me long enough to give you the slip.

23 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Sometimes people aren’t always going for the kill with Tommy.

For me, this will be pretty much all of the time. It is rare that someone talks me into participating in a Jason kill... and I will NEVER participate in it if the Jason player is in any way "new" to the game.
   I will help the team in every other way I can conceive of when I am chosen to play Tommy... and I do just fine at it without having to fight Jason... unless it is freeing someone from his grip.

he might need to stun Jason so a counselor can start the car,

Against literally ANY Jason player that knows what he is doing, a fight beside the car will only result in all of the players who did not run away dying. The only chance here is for the person starting the car to have a very good grease monkey perk to start the car before Jason comes out of a stun animation and grabs them out of the car.
    Jason's two second stun immunity after a stun animation is more than enough to get any other driver out of the car before they can start it... all he has to do is stay close to the driver's side door.
    Other than using grease monkey here... the best chance to get the car moving is to split up, lead him away and circle back. Not necessarily everyone that was in the car will be getting back in... but when I am the driver, I will still try to fill the car up at least, but that is a first come, first serve proposition... I do not favor anyone to be picked up... just the nearest to the car.

there are several different factors that come in to play that’d make tommy a much more significant hero that’d make a huge difference.

There are already many ways to help others as Tommy, or as any other counselor for that matter. Non of which actually require him to stun Jason... There is only one instance in this game that actually requires a stun... dropping Jason to his knees in the sweater stun. Literally everything else can be done without stunning him.

this is why I think if they made it to headshots only in rage to allow a stun because that’s a more sensitive spot and it’s where the eyes are at to. 

I would be fine with this... if it were only a head shot. But I am not sure the hit boxes actually detect that... they might, I am just not sure.

I defintely don’t think this would cause piñata parties due to other counselors not having the ability to stun in rage bc only 1 person can. (Tommy and final survivor) People wouldn’t be sitting their trolling Jason if they will just get killed in the process which would make them look absolutely stupid. 

Some players find it ridiculously easy to use a VERY skilled Jason as a piñata by themselves... so yeah... right back where we started from with that one.
   And yes... if the Tommy player decides to have a solo piñata party, you can be assured that ever other troll still alive in the match at the time will indeed be tea bagging and dancing around Jason while claiming victory.

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

The good players who will play as tommy the proper way and stun Jason at the proper times and be a hero instead of trolling. It’s those players that would truly have the game In their hands as the hero since they’re the only one who can stun. Besides, I don’t think there’d be much issue in negative behavior b/c it’s only one person.

The problem here is... trolls will get to play Tommy too... there is no way to stop this from happening... and then the game is back in the hands of a troll.
    It only takes one troll to ruin ANY game.

22 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I do agree with Tommy being able to melee stun.

I am not really on board with this for reasons I stated just above this... It does only take one troll being selected as Tommy and we are back to square one. It would not happen in every game of course, but it would still happen.

18 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I think both firecrackers and flares should slow Jason.

This is a very good idea... I like that one.
    @BlkHawk also suggested in another thread that firecrackers at least be able to stun Jason when used on him with a counselor in his grip... which I also think is a very good idea.

13 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

Are they ever going to patch the medsprays in the cabin bathrooms back?  I'm missing those.

Med sprays do sometimes spawn in the bathrooms of regular bathrooms... it is just much rarer now. It is still worth checking the bathrooms.
   The med sprays have been spawning in a great many new places since this change was implemented and it seems many people just walk right by them without noticing them, or do not bother to check the places that they do spawn now.

23 minutes ago, Ahab said:

The med sprays have been spawning in a great many new places since this change was implemented and it seems many people just walk right by them without noticing them, or do not bother to check the places that they do spawn now.

I like the change of spawn locations for things. It adds a bit more unpredictability to the game. Granted it won't be for long.

28 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

But, let's say I'm counselor and...

Scenario 1: I beat you to a cabin, and set off firecrackers while you start working on the door. While you are hammering away at a lit up cabin, I slip out the back and either gun it for the next cabin over, or try and get as far out of your sense range as possible OR I slip under a bed or into a closet, which (depending on factors) may not light up the house for you and you think I've done the former and head off in your best guess as to my next direction. The distraction of a lit cabin could give me enough time to make it to safety or make you think I have and give me time to plan my next move.

Scenario 2: (and this one recently happened to me) You've got me dead to rights. We're in one of the featured houses on any of the maps, and I don't have much chance of escaping. I toss out firecrackers, and start scrambling for a hiding spot in the house. I choose a hidden area, rather than a closet or a bed, and you can't track my movement, because the continuous sound bubbles throw off detection of where I've headed. We're down to the last two minutes of the round, and you destroy every closet and bed in a frantic search to keep me from surviving the night. All you know is that sense keeps telling you that I'm in the house, but won't tell you where, so you've got a multi-story guessing game on your hands.

Distraction doesn't necessarily mean I've created a decoy, distraction may just mean that I have diverted your ability to track me long enough to give you the slip.

I suppose it depends on who you're playing against. I often use Sense to know when a counselor leaves a cabin and even if your crackers are popping, I'd see the red light go out and know to pursue. If you stuck in the cabin and hid, I don't think the sound or blips would detour me as much as the number of beds/closets I'd have to break down and what point in the game it is. Early enough (and if I'm not worried you have the fuse) I may just say to hell with breaking six beds and go after easier prey. 

Scenario two sounds better, but I'm pretty sure if I see you at that point that I won't lose you. It's nearly impossible to stun me, I can break doors down via walking through them etc. Granted, I'm a decent Jason, so maybe it's just how I approach the game, but I don't think they'd save you at that point without a stun effect.

22 minutes ago, Ahab said:

The problem here is... trolls will get to play Tommy too... there is no way to stop this from happening... and then the game is back in the hands of a troll.
    It only takes one troll to ruin ANY game.

I am not really on board with this for reasons I stated just above this... It does only take one troll being selected as Tommy and we are back to square one. It would not happen in every game of course, but it would still happen.

This is a very good idea... I like that one.
    @BlkHawk also suggested in another thread that firecrackers at least be able to stun Jason when used on him with a counselor in his grip... which I also think is a very good idea.

Glad you like the one idea, now onto Tommy stunning.  the big problems with everybody stunning is it turns into a big circle jerk stun animation. If Tommy could do it, this means that he can stop Jason from killing counselors if he hits judiciously. If not, he'll break his weapons like any other counselor. Also, if Jason decides to focus on him, the other counselors can't do nearly as much to save him. Will there be trolls who use the Tommy option to be dicks? Sure. I feel it's still reasonable. Tommy is intended to be a hero counselor and I'd expect the game be coded for play as intended as much as possible. 

45 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Glad you like the one idea, now onto Tommy stunning.  the big problems with everybody stunning is it turns into a big circle jerk stun animation. If Tommy could do it, this means that he can stop Jason from killing counselors if he hits judiciously. If not, he'll break his weapons like any other counselor. Also, if Jason decides to focus on him, the other counselors can't do nearly as much to save him. Will there be trolls who use the Tommy option to be dicks? Sure. I feel it's still reasonable. Tommy is intended to be a hero counselor and I'd expect the game be coded for play as intended as much as possible. 

Slashing Jason’s in rage against limping counselors, there is absolutely no saving them unless you have a shotgun. Tommy would be a much more significant hero if he was able to stop these slashes against limping counselors from happening. As far as trolls go, shit happens. I’ve seen Jason players get the last survior in limp mode and grab them and let them break free and will toy with them for a bit before they kill them. Isn’t that trolling to? But more importantly, you gotta think of the good players who would use Tommy the correct way. I think tea bagging parties is also so far from realistic because it flat out just isn’t happening bc the group can’t fight only tommy... @Ahab

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I like the change of spawn locations for things. It adds a bit more unpredictability to the game. Granted it won't be for long.

I like finding pocket knives, shotguns and medsprays at camp sites.  Not very many people check there even now.

1 hour ago, He's Killing Me said:

I like finding pocket knives, shotguns and medsprays at camp sites.  Not very many people check there even now.

Hey, go with what works for ya. 😎

2 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

Shotguns are almost just as great to find as pocket knives. They’re pure gold now. Before I’d pick a bat over a shotgun all day but not no more

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Shotguns are almost just as great to find as pocket knives. They’re pure gold now. Before I’d pick a bat over a shotgun all day but not no more

You're not wrong. I used to be hesitant with shotguns, and always make sure I knew where the closest melee option was when I got into a new space, and would swap for an axe or a bat in a heartbeat. 

Now, back when friendly-fire was still possible and abused, I would hold onto a shotgun for insurance against it being used on me or another teammate, but still preferred melee.

With the update devaluing early stuns, though, it has revitalized my interest in the non-stun properties of flares and firecrackers.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:15 PM, Fair Play said:

I like it too... But I have not yet caught up on the dev's streams, nor read anything about them changing it... Any info on why it will not be like this for long?

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, Risinggrave said:

Tommy can still stop Jason from killing counselors though.... this is my point... The other counselors can do the same things that Tommy can to save him (or others) as well... they just cannot necessarily run as fast or as far quickly enough to do it... But sometimes, this can also be said about Tommy... It should never be a certainty that any one counselor... even our glorious hero Tommy... can free, or even help someone... They should still have to work for it.
   If players want to stick around to try and pick up a weapon after being saved from a grab at this point, they deserve to die... This is something I like to call "nature's way of weeding out the stupid". They need to run at the first opportunity.

My biggest issue is still the trolls being selected as Tommy, at least when this does happen... we are back to square one... It is easy to turn Jason into a piñata with just Tommy... easier than it is to do with any other counselor... But at least it would not be happening as often... the trolls cannot be selected as Tommy every time... They may not be able to suicide "normally" and become Tommy, but they can offer themselves up to Jason as an easy kill, or step out in front of a moving car just as easily and still be selected as Tommy.

If his weapons broke (in rage mode I mean) as fast as say... A.J.'s weapons do, or at bare minimum, his chance to stun Jason should be GREATLY reduced... then this would go a long way in reducing the chance for him to turn it into a piñata party again... And only the trolls want a return of the piñata parties. After all... I can demask Jason with A.J. pretty easily... it just takes some planning and a bit of skill at playing "keep away" until you can find another weapon, and / or lead him into another bear trap and then playing keep away again until you find another weapon. I just do not bother trying to demask Jason often... It does not mean I cannot do it... even with low luck "crappy" counselors... It is just WAY easier to do it with Tommy.
   This would also make the indefensible demasking hit after a stun  FAR more common AGAIN... and make it even easier to kill Jason than it already is... Which is not something that most of us want.... So no... I still do not like this idea... They need to make it harder to kill Jason, not easier to pull it off... and that is ALL this will accomplish.

If he was seriously "depowered" in a way similar to what I am suggesting here, then I would have a much smaller problem with it... but leaving the rage buff completely ineffective on Tommy is just too much... and I still consider it giving the trolls back their toys.

Counselors are still escaping in droves... Jason players are still falling very easily to the hunters... I am just not seeing why it could even be considered "necessary" to give Tommy a full immunity to the new rage buff... Hero or not... Its not like he cannot easily kill Jason still. If these things were not true... I would be all for letting Tommy stun Jason in rage mode... But they are VERY true... So I am completely against this without restrictions.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, DontZzz34 said:

I’ve seen Jason players get the last survior in limp mode and grab them and let them break free and will toy with them for a bit before they kill them.

This happened just as much before the rage buff as it does now... making it an invalid point, it has absolutely nothing to do with the rage buff.

Isn’t that trolling to?

Doesn't it suck when your own behavior is thrown back in your face?

you gotta think of the good players who would use Tommy the correct way.

They still do use him "the correct way" with the rage buff... When selected as Tommy, I am getting more counselors out now than I was before the patch... Perhaps you need to change your tactics. The good players using Tommy "the correct way" are doing just fine... better than before the patch in fact as more counselors are escaping and more Jasons are dying... We do not need this at all... This is giving the trolls their toys back.

I think tea bagging parties is also so far from realistic because it flat out just isn’t happening bc the group can’t fight only tommy

I agree... teabagging is unrealistic... Someone would have to be completely insane to try this on a real killer... and would literally be "too stupid to live".
    Yet somehow, it is still happening. I am still seeing Jason teabagged when he is dropped with a shotgun in rage... and you actually think players wouldn't do it if Tommy was knocking him on his ass?... That is plain and simply delusional. 

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, He's Killing Me said:

I find it funny that no one (or at least very few players) checks the campsites... I almost always find at least a med spray if not a pocket knife or shotgun at campsites, even late in the game when checking one that I have not yet visited.

21 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Tommy can still stop Jason from killing counselors though.... this is my point... The other counselors can do the same things that Tommy can to save him (or others) as wellThey still do use him "the correct way" with the rage buff...

When selected as Tommy, I am getting more counselors out now than I was before the patch... Perhaps you need to change your tactics. The good players using Tommy "the correct way" are doing just fine

Lol wanna tell me as tommy how in the hell you're going to save a counselor who is out of stamina a raged Jason is slashing at and you’ve already used your shotgun? Slashing Jason’s who slash at counselors like Deborah, AJ, etc bc they’re out of stamina is an easy kill. This happens often to counselors who can’t defend themselves at all because they can’t run away, they can’t light fireworks, they don’t have a shotgun, etc... Wanna tell me how in the hell that is considered a “hero” just sitting there with no ability at all to save a life watching Jason slash away at low stamina counselors? This is probably the biggest reason why tommy should be able to stun. It’d feel really rewarding as tommy witnessing a Jason slashing at a Deborah or A.J. and you run up and stun Jason and heal the limping  counselor. There could be so many more clutch moments and lives saved playing as tommy for this reason alone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I like it too... But I have not yet caught up on the dev's streams, nor read anything about them changing it... Any info on why it will not be like this for long?

I was referring to how quickly players adapt to spawn changes and learn where everything spawns at that point.

22 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Lol wanna tell me as tommy how in the hell you're going to save a counselor who is out of stamina a raged Jason is slashing at and you’ve already used your shotgun? Slashing Jason’s who slash at counselors like Deborah, AJ, etc bc they’re out of stamina is an easy kill.

Distract Jason... Get a car going and pick up other counselors... Use your imagination... You REALLY need to ACCPET the FACT that some players are going to DIE... no matter what our "hero" does. Even if he could stun Jason in rage... some players are going to DIE. You cannot necessarily save ANY specific counselor in a great many different sets of circumstances... whether it be before or after this patch. But there are also a great many situations that you CAN save them as Tommy, or ANY other counselor for that matter. Once again... it sounds like you are whining about dying in a game that people will often "DIE" in.
   Jason wearing down counselor's stamina is an important tactic in a great many of the kills that he will achieve in ANY given match.
   Many players that are selected to play Tommy simply choose to do nothing to help others... and many of them simply are new and do not know what to do to help others.
   The fact that you started your post with "LOL" shows that you truly do lack imagination. Perhaps you really should take up coloring books.

This happens often to counselors who can’t defend themselves at all because they can’t run away,

That's funny!!! All counselors actually CAN run away... and it is a recommended strategy, as it was before this patch and is so since this patch, perhaps even more so now. Learn to manage your stamina... that is a big help here. Also, properly managing your fear effectively keeps your stamina regeneration VERY high.
    That is not to say player will not run out of stamina... and perhaps even "DIE" because of this. This is part of this game... If you cannot handle this FACT... Try playing that "OTHER" horror survival game in which you NEVER run out of stamina... or... coloring books as I have suggested before.
     Also... I am genuinely curious as to which coloring book you decide on... please let me know.

Wanna tell me how in the hell that is considered a “hero” just sitting there with no ability at all to save a life watching Jason slash away at low stamina counselors?

I have already explained this to you... and others... MANY times. There is more than one way to do it... Disagreeing with this once again shows a lack of imagination as Tommy is still saving a great many counselors in ways "other than stunning Jason".
   Also... it is not required to save EVERYBODY to be called a hero... That one person you "save" considers you a hero. The greatest lesson ANY hero KNOWS... is that no matter what you do, you can NEVER save EVERYBODY... Learn it, know it, live it... it is plain and simple FACT... in real life or "game" for that matter.

There could be so many more clutch moments and lives saved playing as tommy for this reason alone

There is enough of these already.... How many more do you need? As I have pointed out to you a GREAT MANY TIMES... Counselors ARE escaping in droves (if you do not understand what "droves" means... google can be your friend, also dictionaries).... Jason players ARE getting more low kill counts now than before the patch... and Jason is falling to the hunters even easier than he was before the patch.
   Disagreeing with FACTS does not denote intelligence in any way.

21 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I was referring to how quickly players adapt to spawn changes and learn where everything spawns at that point.

Oh... I did not get that part... which is why I asked.
   I am still seeing many players ignore certain spawn points of items... This could also be because they do not know about them. For example... On Pinehurst, when the boat spawns on the east side of the pond, there is a picnic table in front of the nearby cabin... I often find a pocket knife on this table, even late in the match. Shotguns and med sprays spawn there as well sometimes. There are many other out of the way spots that I find stuff still sitting around late in a match... But this could simply be because it is easy to overlook items... even repair parts inside of cabins. I often find parts in cabins that have been checked for parts by team mates that I am in communication with... and smaller things like pocket knives that are just lying around can be VERY easy to overlook... But that med spray or shotgun on a picnic table is a bit more noticeable... to those who are paying close attention to their surroundings.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I am still seeing many players ignore certain spawn points of items... This could also be because they do not know about them. For example... On Pinehurst, when the boat spawns on the east side of the pond, there is a picnic table in front of the nearby cabin... I often find a pocket knife on this table, even late in the match. Shotguns and med sprays spawn there as well sometimes. There are many other out of the way spots that I find stuff still sitting around late in a match... But this could simply be because it is easy to overlook items... even repair parts inside of cabins. I often find parts in cabins that have been checked for parts by team mates that I am in communication with... and smaller things like pocket knives that are just lying around can be VERY easy to overlook... But that med spray or shotgun on a picnic table is a bit more noticeable... to those who are paying close attention to their surroundings.

Self exploration and word of mouth will get people up to speed, if they are willing to listen, or explore.

29 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Self exploration and word of mouth will get people up to speed, if they are willing to listen, or explore.

Indeed. I try to be helpful to those who will listen.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Distract Jason... Get a car going and pick up other counselors... Use your imagination... You REALLY need to ACCPET the FACT that some players are going to DIE... no matter what our "hero" does. Even if he could stun Jason in rage... some players are going to DIE. You cannot necessarily save ANY specific counselor in a great many different sets of circumstances... whether it be before or after this patch. But there are also a great many situations that you CAN save them as Tommy, or ANY other counselor for that matter. Once again... it sounds like you are whining about dying in a game that people will often "DIE" in.
   Jason wearing down counselor's stamina is an important tactic in a great many of the kills that he will achieve in ANY given match.
   Many players that are selected to play Tommy simply choose to do nothing to help others... and many of them simply are new and do not know what to do to help others.
   The fact that you started your post with "LOL" shows that you truly do lack imagination. Perhaps you really should take up coloring books.

That's funny!!! All counselors actually CAN run away... and it is a recommended strategy, as it was before this patch and is so since this patch, perhaps even more so now. Learn to manage your stamina... that is a big help here. Also, properly managing your fear effectively keeps your stamina regeneration VERY high.
    That is not to say player will not run out of stamina... and perhaps even "DIE" because of this. This is part of this game... If you cannot handle this FACT... Try playing that "OTHER" horror survival game in which you NEVER run out of stamina... or... coloring books as I have suggested before.
     Also... I am genuinely curious as to which coloring book you decide on... please let me know.

I have already explained this to you... and others... MANY times. There is more than one way to do it... Disagreeing with this once again shows a lack of imagination as Tommy is still saving a great many counselors in ways "other than stunning Jason".
   Also... it is not required to save EVERYBODY to be called a hero... That one person you "save" considers you a hero. The greatest lesson ANY hero KNOWS... is that no matter what you do, you can NEVER save EVERYBODY... Learn it, know it, live it... it is plain and simple FACT... in real life or "game" for that matter.

There is enough of these already.... How many more do you need? As I have pointed out to you a GREAT MANY TIMES... Counselors ARE escaping in droves (if you do not understand what "droves" means... google can be your friend, also dictionaries).... Jason players ARE getting more low kill counts now than before the patch... and Jason is falling to the hunters even easier than he was before the patch.
   Disagreeing with FACTS does not denote intelligence in any way.

Good god dude you need to lay the off already. You are annoying as hell to have a civil argument with. We both DO NOT see eye to eye. I’m not going to go back and forth trying to convince you to agree with my points. Obviously I’m not going to agree with you. I can respectfully say I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU. GET OVER IT. You seem to really hate when someone doesn’t agree with you and that is a bad trait to have. This day in age there are several different opinions, points of view, etc.... I don’t care what you say I have made great points in my argument on why tommy should be able to stun, fireworks, a final survivor and flares still stunning in rage. 

Here you go again being a disrespectful person again making immature comments. I’m here to be civil, make my points, keep things mature, and make friends. I can respectfully tell somone I disagree but you simply CANNOT DO THAT. You need to learn that, I figured as old as you are you’d be able to but I guess not.

and don’t talk to me about using imagination in the game. If you seen me play you’d respect my game. I’m a great player who will pick up counselors in the car, I’ll hit Jason when he grabs people, I will repair things, I’ll spray limping counselors, I often will risk my life in the game to help others in need. 

Im sick and tired of going back and forth with you and not coming to a conclusion. I am down be a man and say we can settle our differences and move on because honestly neither of us are going to convince each other on our disagreements. I’m not here to make enemies. I’m here to have an intelligent argument when it comes. I felt like you were being a complete ass to me because that’s how you came off to me I felt like. But hopefully you can agree with me on this subject on both of us to man up, shake hands, and respectfully just say we both disagree and next argument we both need to be sure it Doesn’t get out of hand. Sound good?

On 2/21/2019 at 4:04 PM, Ahab said:

Tommy can still stop Jason from killing counselors though.... this is my point... The other counselors can do the same things that Tommy can to save him (or others) as well... they just cannot necessarily run as fast or as far quickly enough to do it... But sometimes, this can also be said about Tommy... It should never be a certainty that any one counselor... even our glorious hero Tommy... can free, or even help someone... They should still have to work for it.
   If players want to stick around to try and pick up a weapon after being saved from a grab at this point, they deserve to die... This is something I like to call "nature's way of weeding out the stupid". They need to run at the first opportunity.

Fair enough on the whole. Totally agree that sticking around to grab weapons should allow for that counselor to get a Darwin award.

My biggest issue is still the trolls being selected as Tommy, at least when this does happen... we are back to square one... It is easy to turn Jason into a piñata with just Tommy... easier than it is to do with any other counselor... But at least it would not be happening as often... the trolls cannot be selected as Tommy every time... They may not be able to suicide "normally" and become Tommy, but they can offer themselves up to Jason as an easy kill, or step out in front of a moving car just as easily and still be selected as Tommy.

I'm eh on this. I think the biggest issue with trolling was being ganged up on. With that, I don't have the biggest horse in the race. I'm more apt to get get things fixed under Jason's radar and ferry but once I can't help anymore I'm probably gonna focus on my escape. With that, I get your trolls finding a way section. It's a shame we can't have nice things because of those clowns.

If his weapons broke (in rage mode I mean) as fast as say... A.J.'s weapons do, or at bare minimum, his chance to stun Jason should be GREATLY reduced... then this would go a long way in reducing the chance for him to turn it into a piñata party again... And only the trolls want a return of the piñata parties. After all... I can demask Jason with A.J. pretty easily... it just takes some planning and a bit of skill at playing "keep away" until you can find another weapon, and / or lead him into another bear trap and then playing keep away again until you find another weapon. I just do not bother trying to demask Jason often... It does not mean I cannot do it... even with low luck "crappy" counselors... It is just WAY easier to do it with Tommy.
   This would also make the indefensible demasking hit after a stun  FAR more common AGAIN... and make it even easier to kill Jason than it already is... Which is not something that most of us want.... So no... I still do not like this idea... They need to make it harder to kill Jason, not easier to pull it off... and that is ALL this will accomplish.

Hell, I'd settle for any weapon that TJ hit Jason in rage with broke as a great medium. He can still help after using his shotgun, but he won't be there laying hands on Jason for any length of time. My playstyle when I actually get to come back as TJ is to beeline to phone, car or boat. Fix. Then with police on the way, escort. If I used my shotgun on the initial escape, I could drop off the group, double back, grab a bat and hope for the best with stragglers. 

Agreed with you on killing Jason. He needs HP immunity while stunned, pre and post rage.

If he was seriously "depowered" in a way similar to what I am suggesting here, then I would have a much smaller problem with it... but leaving the rage buff completely ineffective on Tommy is just too much... and I still consider it giving the trolls back their toys.

Counselors are still escaping in droves... Jason players are still falling very easily to the hunters... I am just not seeing why it could even be considered "necessary" to give Tommy a full immunity to the new rage buff... Hero or not... Its not like he cannot easily kill Jason still. If these things were not true... I would be all for letting Tommy stun Jason in rage mode... But they are VERY true... So I am completely against this without restrictions.

I think the idea of either weapons break each time post rage, or % to stun both work.  I'm just sorta hoping Tommy gets to be a hero. He's supposed to be a reasonably big damn hero after all. 

This is true. I've not seen any kill squads made up of strangers pull off any kills post rage (and I think our group has done it once or twice since) so I'll have to take your comments on it as more informed. (We killed lower tier Jason's so our anecdotal evidence supports your case moreso than mine.) 

I suppose with kills being as easy as they are, it's fair as it is. We generally don't kill Jason on principal in our Thursday night group, so Tommy in our hands is a bit less effective than groups who try for the kill more often. 

With that, you've swayed me, I guess. I definitely get your points and can see why TJ shouldn't get buffed. I wouldn't care if he got a bit of a buff, but I'm also a Jason who can handle kill squads. Looking at it from the view of mid or low tier Jason's (which I try to do.)  your idea may be better than mine. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Indeed. I try to be helpful to those who will listen.

As do I and many others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

Fair enough on the whole. Totally agree that sticking around to grab weapons should allow for that counselor to get a Darwin award.

I'm eh on this. I think the biggest issue with trolling was being ganged up on. With that, I don't have the biggest horse in the race. I'm more apt to get get things fixed under Jason's radar and ferry but once I can't help anymore I'm probably gonna focus on my escape. With that, I get your trolls finding a way section. It's a shame we can't have nice things because of those clowns.

Hell, I'd settle for any weapon that TJ hit Jason in rage with broke as a great medium. He can still help after using his shotgun, but he won't be there laying hands on Jason for any length of time. My playstyle when I actually get to come back as TJ is to beeline to phone, car or boat. Fix. Then with police on the way, escort. If I used my shotgun on the initial escape, I could drop off the group, double back, grab a bat and hope for the best with stragglers. 

Agreed with you on killing Jason. He needs HP immunity while stunned, pre and post rage.

I think the idea of either weapons break each time post rage, or % to stun both work.  I'm just sorta hoping Tommy gets to be a hero. He's supposed to be a reasonably big damn hero after all. 

This is true. I've not seen any kill squads made up of strangers pull off any kills post rage (and I think our group has done it once or twice since) so I'll have to take your comments on it as more informed. (We killed lower tier Jason's so our anecdotal evidence supports your case moreso than mine.) 

I suppose with kills being as easy as they are, it's fair as it is. We generally don't kill Jason on principal in our Thursday night group, so Tommy in our hands is a bit less effective than groups who try for the kill more often. 

With that, you've swayed me, I guess. I definitely get your points and can see why TJ shouldn't get buffed. I wouldn't care if he got a bit of a buff, but I'm also a Jason who can handle kill squads. Looking at it from the view of mid or low tier Jason's (which I try to do.)  your idea may be better than mine. 

That was my BIGGEST issue playing as Jason was the damn groups of counselors ganging up on me and stunning over and over and over and over until eventually they ran out of med sprays, weapons, and knives I eventually killed all of the trolls. This type of gameplay is pathetic and takes 0 skill to do. That’s why I love this patch got rid of that gameplay. 

I kinda like your idea with Tommy Jarvis weapon durability going down when Jason hits rage. If tommy was allowed to stun in rage and you give him only a 1-2 hit weapon durability it would mean he can only hit him when it really counts and not just to troll. GREAT idea right there. I love it. This would mean if I’m tommy and I need to go make a clutch save and heal someone he’s slashing at I have the ability to do that. I love to try and be a hero and play as one after all. This would allow Tommy’s to do what’s intended and to not troll by playing the stun game 

20 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Totally agree that sticking around to grab weapons should allow for that counselor to get a Darwin award.

The Darwin award should be awarded to a great many people... worldwide... But that is neither here, nor there. The stupidity of humanity will never cease to amaze... but there is also many good people who do not fall into this category at all... Giving us all a slight glimmer of "hope" for the species.
    But stupid can also be subjective... Non of us know everything... and there are a great many morons that will call someone "stupid" simply because they have not yet learned something... The true stupidity is when that person refuses to learn something. In the end, there is a cure for "stupid"... we call it "learning"... But it is only effective if the "stupid" person choses to learn... thusly making stupidity a "choice".

20 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I think the biggest issue with trolling was being ganged up on.

While this really is the larger issue... I am more concerned about new players... and the frustration level they must endure when this happens. Many people I have known left the game due to this reason alone... But some are trickling back... one here, one there... and they are still continuing to come back... And not one of them has anything but love for the rage buff.
   Against newer players... and sometimes even veteran players of no small skill... there are still a great many people that can pull off the one man piñata party. It just takes more skill to do it against a better Jason player... but it will still not necessarily last long.
   I "got good" at dealing with groups back during the great Jason nerf... Was that all the way back in 2017?... It seems like a long time ago now. I still find it frustrating to be used as a piñata when it happens... but no where near what it felt like when I was a "noob"... As I said, my real concern is for newer players... cutting frustration of this magnitude for new players can be nothing other than helpful to the small player base... And I know exactly how they feel... At one time, I went through it myself... I was spared only by my insane level of tenacity.

We do have a horse in this race... when we think of others... and of ways to prevent the player base from completely disappearing. Permanently exiling the trolls and all of their toys is nothing but beneficial to the community. Then... and only then... we may actually have nice things.
   Also... Clowns are evil... Pennywise, Art the clown... let alone the real evil clowns we could mention (a certain real life serial killer comes to mind)... But I am sure that, somewhere in the world... there is a very nice clown... But I will still keep my distance, just to be safe.

21 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Hell, I'd settle for any weapon that TJ hit Jason in rage with broke as a great medium.

Indeed.... I am only against the idea of Tommy being completely immune to the rage buff. With limitations at least similar to those I mentioned... I would not be against it at all.
   Last night I played a few games with @badassgixxer05 early in the night... In one game as Tommy... I had just got the two seater fixed and the keys were with the battery when I grabbed it. Right where I dropped them when I died the first time. Just starting the car got Jason of his ass. Unfortunately, I forgot to pick up my shotgun from where it dropped when picking up the battery (which was close to the car, but I may not have gotten back to the car in time for said distraction)… I did go back for the shotgun after the car was stopped... but using it on Jason was not all that was required of me to keep Jason off of him... There was some polite kitting involved. And Badass got away to the cops... He can correct me if I am misremembering the events... The beer was going down fast last night.
   My point is... Tommy can still do other things to save people without taking a swing at the big guy. It was never a requirement to do so... unless someone is in the dreaded grip. Tommy IS still the hero... he just has to be more inventive with how he goes about it now.

And just some damage immunity to match the two second stun immunity after a stun animation would be enough to make that move go from indefensible demasking hit to completely defensible demasking hit. Even with block still being slow to respond... it would be enough time to get into block or at least do something else about it.

He's supposed to be a reasonably big damn hero after all. 

If he were dressed as a bat... then perhaps he would be a really big hero... But he is still the hero in Crystal lake... which makes him OUR hero... Whether he saves everyone, or just one person... he is still the biggest hero Crystal Lake has ever know... But he is still not perfect and sometimes fails to save anyone. I can forgive him though... He will have better luck next match... I hope.
   But he has no baterangs… he may need some of those... but that would be new content.

I've not seen any kill squads made up of strangers pull off any kills post rage

When playing with randoms… I have still been seeing a few. As a spectator for a few of these Jason kills... they looked pretty damned easy to pull off to me... but I cannot remember one happening before rage in a match I was playing in or spectating.
   My friends and I generally do not go around "whacking" Jasons for amusement... But after I left the night before last, they may have gone on a bit of a rampage and stomped a couple of Jason players into the Lake... Some people you just can't leave alone for five minutes... But they are actually good people. @Ambiguously gay batman…. or Syri, as I call her... has sometimes been known to have a sense of humor... And she is one of the most difficult counselors to catch that I have had the honor to play with and against.
   This in no way has made our Tommy players any less effective... we all still try to help others in any way we can... and we can be pretty inventive considering the limits of the mechanics... But like I said... He can't save everyone all the time... sometimes we have to be happy with small victories.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:12 PM, DontZzz34 said:

You seem to really hate when someone doesn’t agree with you and that is a bad trait to have.

I do not hate it when someone disagrees with me... I hate it when someone cannot acknowledge a FACT that is put in front of them... And please do not forget... I am a VERY tenacious person... But this in no way makes me a bad person.

This day in age there are several different opinions, points of view

Yes... there is... and having opinions that are opposed to FACTS have an issue that has been called... by some of the most intelligent people to every grace the earth with the tread of their feet... A regression towards infantile behavior. 
   When one thing is a FACT... there is literally no other FACT out there that can contradict it... This is exactly what makes it a FACT. There can be only one truth. Anything more than that is contradiction. 

You need to learn that, I figured as old as you are you’d be able to but I guess not.

I have in fact learned this.... long ago. Exactly where I am being disrespectful? or immature for that matter?... What I have been is sarcastic... it does not always come across so well in text, but there it is. You are the one throwing accusations around... THAT is immature and disrespectful... which I answer with... sarcasm... Particularly when someone cannot argue a point and turns to attack the other person instead of their FACTS... due to the FACT they cannot refute them and feel "butthurt".... See that... that is sarcasm... but nevertheless, it is the TRUTH. 
   Go back and look at our first points of discussion... where did it all begin?... with some sarcastic joke made towards a laughable claim... exactly what sarcasm is meant for... which you followed up by throwing wild accusations at me.

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

If tommy was allowed to stun in rage and you give him only a 1-2 hit weapon durability it would mean he can only hit him when it really counts and not just to troll. GREAT idea right there. I love it. This would mean if I’m tommy and I need to go make a clutch save and heal someone he’s slashing at I have the ability to do that.

I am glad you like... or sorry... love my idea... But I do not know if I would call it "great"... But I would find it "acceptable" if Tommy had major restrictions on his ability to stun Jason in rage mode... and I would not be against it at all in this form.

Young man... point, counter point... is often followed up with sarcasm from one side or the other... and sometimes both sides. This is far from immature... Immature people do not even know what a debate is, let alone sarcasm. As I said... attacking the person and refusing to address his (or her) statement immediately makes you WRONG... as you cannot make ANY counter to said point, or you would be doing so... You need to accept this. It is a sure fire way to detect falsehoods... and, like it or not... it NEVER fails.
   I am not meaning to insult you or your intelligence... but remember, It is better to keep silent and not look a fool than it is to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

21 minutes ago, Ahab said:

The Darwin award should be awarded to a great many people... worldwide... But that is neither here, nor there. The stupidity of humanity will never cease to amaze... but there is also many good people who do not fall into this category at all... Giving us all a slight glimmer of "hope" for the species.
    But stupid can also be subjective... Non of us know everything... and there are a great many morons that will call someone "stupid" simply because they have not yet learned something... The true stupidity is when that person refuses to learn something. In the end, there is a cure for "stupid"... we call it "learning"... But it is only effective if the "stupid" person choses to learn... thusly making stupidity a "choice".

While this really is the larger issue... I am more concerned about new players... and the frustration level they must endure when this happens. Many people I have known left the game due to this reason alone... But some are trickling back... one here, one there... and they are still continuing to come back... And not one of them has anything but love for the rage buff.
   Against newer players... and sometimes even veteran players of no small skill... there are still a great many people that can pull off the one man piñata party. It just takes more skill to do it against a better Jason player... but it will still not necessarily last long.
   I "got good" at dealing with groups back during the great Jason nerf... Was that all the way back in 2017?... It seems like a long time ago now. I still find it frustrating to be used as a piñata when it happens... but no where near what it felt like when I was a "noob"... As I said, my real concern is for newer players... cutting frustration of this magnitude for new players can be nothing other than helpful to the small player base... And I know exactly how they feel... At one time, I went through it myself... I was spared only by my insane level of tenacity.

We do have a horse in this race... when we think of others... and of ways to prevent the player base from completely disappearing. Permanently exiling the trolls and all of their toys is nothing but beneficial to the community. Then... and only then... we may actually have nice things.
   Also... Clowns are evil... Pennywise, Art the clown... let alone the real evil clowns we could mention (a certain real life serial killer comes to mind)... But I am sure that, somewhere in the world... there is a very nice clown... But I will still keep my distance, just to be safe.

Indeed.... I am only against the idea of Tommy being completely immune to the rage buff. With limitations at least similar to those I mentioned... I would not be against it at all.
   Last night I played a few games with @badassgixxer05 early in the night... In one game as Tommy... I had just got the two seater fixed and the keys were with the battery when I grabbed it. Right where I dropped them when I died the first time. Just starting the car got Jason of his ass. Unfortunately, I forgot to pick up my shotgun from where it dropped when picking up the battery (which was close to the car, but I may not have gotten back to the car in time for said distraction)… I did go back for the shotgun after the car was stopped... but using it on Jason was not all that was required of me to keep Jason off of him... There was some polite kitting involved. And Badass got away to the cops... He can correct me if I am misremembering the events... The beer was going down fast last night.
   My point is... Tommy can still do other things to save people without taking a swing at the big guy. It was never a requirement to do so... unless someone is in the dreaded grip. Tommy IS still the hero... he just has to be more inventive with how he goes about it now.

And just some damage immunity to match the two second stun immunity after a stun animation would be enough to make that move go from indefensible demasking hit to completely defensible demasking hit. Even with block still being slow to respond... it would be enough time to get into block or at least do something else about it.

If he were dressed as a bat... then perhaps he would be a really big hero... But he is still the hero in Crystal lake... which makes him OUR hero... Whether he saves everyone, or just one person... he is still the biggest hero Crystal Lake has ever know... But he is still not perfect and sometimes fails to save anyone. I can forgive him though... He will have better luck next match... I hope.
   But he has no baterangs… he may need some of those... but that would be new content.

When playing with randoms… I have still been seeing a few. As a spectator for a few of these Jason kills... they looked pretty damned easy to pull off to me... but I cannot remember one happening before rage in a match I was playing in or spectating.
   My friends and I generally do not go around "whacking" Jasons for amusement... But after I left the night before last, they may have gone on a bit of a rampage and stomped a couple of Jason players into the Lake... Some people you just can't leave alone for five minutes... But they are actually good people. @Ambiguously gay batman…. or Syri, as I call her... has sometimes been known to have a sense of humor... And she is one of the most difficult counselors to catch that I have had the honor to play with and against.
   This in no way has made our Tommy players any less effective... we all still try to help others in any way we can... and we can be pretty inventive considering the limits of the mechanics... But like I said... He can't save everyone all the time... sometimes we have to be happy with small victories.

I do not hate it when someone disagrees with me... I hate it when someone cannot acknowledge a FACT that is put in front of them... And please do not forget... I am a VERY tenacious person... But this in no way makes me a bad person.

Yes... there is... and having opinions that are opposed to FACTS have an issue that has been called... by some of the most intelligent people to every grace the earth with the tread of their feet... A regression towards infantile behavior. 
   When one thing is a FACT... there is literally no other FACT out there that can contradict it... This is exactly what makes it a FACT. There can be only one truth. Anything more than that is contradiction. 

I have in fact learned this.... long ago. Exactly where I am being disrespectful? or immature for that matter?... What I have been is sarcastic... it does not always come across so well in text, but there it is. You are the one throwing accusations around... THAT is immature and disrespectful... which I answer with... sarcasm... Particularly when someone cannot argue a point and turns to attack the other person instead of their FACTS... due to the FACT they cannot refute them and feel "butthurt".... See that... that is sarcasm... but nevertheless, it is the TRUTH. 
   Go back and look at our first points of discussion... where did it all begin?... with some sarcastic joke made towards a laughable claim... exactly what sarcasm is meant for... which you followed up by throwing wild accusations at me.

I am glad you like... or sorry... love my idea... But I do not know if I would call it "great"... But I would find it "acceptable" if Tommy had major restrictions on his ability to stun Jason in rage mode... and I would not be against it at all in this form.

Young man... point, counter point... is often followed up with sarcasm from one side or the other... and sometimes both sides. This is far from immature... Immature people do not even know what a debate is, let alone sarcasm. As I said... attacking the person and refusing to address his (or her) statement immediately makes you WRONG... as you cannot make ANY counter to said point, or you would be doing so... You need to accept this. It is a sure fire way to detect falsehoods... and, like it or not... it NEVER fails.
   I am not meaning to insult you or your intelligence... but remember, It is better to keep silent and not look a fool than it is to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

I’m not quite sure if you understand this or not but I wouldn’t consider everything you state exactly a fact. I’d consider it more opinion than anything. Just like how I have my own opinions. It’s just the way I think and you don’t like my opinions on certain subjects but that doesn’t make it right to assume I was a player who trolled Jason all the time, discrediting me, discrediting my gameplay, etc.... just because the way I think is different from you. This is exactly why this argument got out of hand. 

The way you talk in text and word things seems very far from a joke, it seems like you’re doing it more to piss me off more than anything. Try to work on not sounding like an ass when you counter someone’s argument is all I’m trying to pass off to you and we will be all good. Now, what did you think of my comment where Tommy Jarvis can stun in rage but only have 1-2 hit weapon durability? Does that get you on board more with allowing that? This would prevent trolling as well.

@Ahab, take the olive branch brother. As much as I enjoy your comments, @DontZzz34 isn’t a troll and not everyone debates like us. Actually in a couple of months I’m reasonably sure he will, as he’s already well on his way. 

@DontZzz34, I didn’t want to be rude and talk about you like you weren’t in the room. I appreciate that your trying to find common ground. I’m glad you’re sticking around, you are gonna have to equip Thick Skin though, Ahab’s little breakdown about how arguments are waged is good advice and a warning to the real trolls. We won’t just argue points with them, we’ll beat them bloody with facts and sarcasm. (You’re going to be one of us, so don’t take it personally.)

16 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Ahab, take the olive branch brother. As much as I enjoy your comments, @DontZzz34 isn’t a troll and not everyone debates like us. Actually in a couple of months I’m reasonably sure he will, as he’s already well on his way. 

@DontZzz34, I didn’t want to be rude and talk about you like you weren’t in the room. I appreciate that your trying to find common ground. I’m glad you’re sticking around, you are gonna have to equip Thick Skin though, Ahab’s little breakdown about how arguments are waged is good advice and a warning to the real trolls. We won’t just argue points with them, we’ll beat them bloody with facts and sarcasm. (You’re going to be one of us, so don’t take it personally.)

Not taking it personal man. Thanks for your input. Will keep your comments in mind.