Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Page suggestions- Revisited

Lets re visit patch suggestions  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. Flare guns and fireworks to stun in rage?

    • Yes
      9
    • No
      9
  2. 2. The only ones allowed to stun a raged Jason are the Final Survior and Tommy Jarvis

    • Yes
      6
    • No
      12


Recommended Posts

So some time has went by since the patch. I still believe the following changes should be implemented into the game by allowing fireworks, flare guns (headshot only), the final survivor, and Tommy Jarvis to all be allowed to still stun in rage. This would create more interesting matches for counselors and Jason. The final survivor match would be a lot more fun since you’re able to fight back and give Jason a battle. Non stop juking and running away after so long as the final survivor might start to get old. What’s everyone else think of these suggestions now that some time has went by since patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The flare gun and firecrackers didn’t originally stun Jason to begin with. They were changed to give counselors extra firepower. This patch restored that if you didn’t know.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

The flare gun and firecrackers didn’t originally stun Jason to begin with. They were changed to give counselors extra firepower. This patch restored that if you didn’t know.

   I am still up in the air whether they should have flare guns or fire crackers stun in rage mode.... But I never understood why firecrackers stun him anyway... and flares will generally bounce off of you harmlessly when you are shot with one... unless you are hit in the eye... or perhaps another "tender" spot. But I am voting no on that one anyway. So I am tending to lean towards... they should not even stun him before rage. The spotting effect alone from the flare gun does far more to help the team overall than any one stun will ever do.
   Loving the patch so far... and for the most part, I have played mostly counselors in my matches since the patch. When I have played Jason... I have barely got a chance to see this stun immunity. I am only really seeing it at all after I have escaped or died while I am spectating. I am finding the complaints about this patch both pathetic and laughable. 
   Also... I have STILL only seen one person in any of my matches (and there have literally been a multitude of matches that I have played since the patch dropped) that had anything to say about the patch that even remotely resembled a complaint.

   At this point, giving even Tommy the ability to stun in rage makes it look nonsensical that he should be the only one able to do it... Hero or not. He can still kill Jason without any real issue at all. This is also not required to be put back into the game. If I could vote an even larger NO against either of these... I would.

   Anything that gives trolls back their power to continue the piñata parties should definitely be frowned upon... and even ridiculed. Counselors are still escaping in droves... which is giving a great many low kill counts to Jason... And the Jason kill is still WAY too easy to pull off... Just these two FACTS alone are enough to discredit anyone who does not like the patch.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to go with yes to the flare gun and firecrackers even though I think only one of them should work.

As for the return of post rage stunning, I don’t think it’s necessary for Tommy and I don’t think it’s worth the effort to reprogram to allow the final girl to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm open to anyone having a chance at a reduced brush off on an enraged Jason with a flare headshot. Only headshots should stun anyway. Firecrackers are a no go.

@DontZzz34 in hindsight you're right. Striking those off topic comments from the record.

Edited by F134Ever86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:

   I am still up in the air whether they should have flare guns or fire crackers stun in rage mode.... But I never understood why firecrackers stun him anyway... and flares will generally bounce off of you harmlessly when you are shot with one... unless you are hit in the eye... or perhaps another "tender" spot. But I am voting no on that one anyway. So I am tending to lean towards... they should not even stun him before rage. The spotting effect alone from the flare gun does far more to help the team overall than any one stun will ever do.
   Loving the patch so far... and for the most part, I have played mostly counselors in my matches since the patch. When I have played Jason... I have barely got a chance to see this stun immunity. I am only really seeing it at all after I have escaped or died while I am spectating. I am finding the complaints about this patch both pathetic and laughable. 
   Also... I have STILL only seen one person in any of my matches (and there have literally been a multitude of matches that I have played since the patch dropped) that had anything to say about the patch that even remotely resembled a complaint.

   At this point, giving even Tommy the ability to stun in rage makes it look nonsensical that he should be the only one able to do it... Hero or not. He can still kill Jason without any real issue at all. This is also not required to be put back into the game. If I could vote an even larger NO against either of these... I would.

   Anything that gives trolls back their power to continue the piñata parties should definitely be frowned upon... and even ridiculed. Counselors are still escaping in droves... which is giving a great many low kill counts to Jason... And the Jason kill is still WAY too easy to pull off... Just these two FACTS alone are enough to discredit anyone who does not like the patch.

Sometimes people aren’t always going for the kill with Tommy. Sometimes he might just need to be a hero and stun Jason to go heal a limping counselor Jason is slashing at, or he might need to stun Jason so a counselor can start the car, or so they can call the cops, etc... there are several different factors that come in to play that’d make tommy a much more significant hero that’d make a huge difference. He is a special character anyways so that’s also why I think he should have a special ability to stun Jason in rage. 

With your flare gun comment. See, this is why I think if they made it to headshots only in rage to allow a stun because that’s a more sensitive spot and it’s where the eyes are at to. 

I defintely don’t think this would cause piñata parties due to other counselors not having the ability to stun in rage bc only 1 person can. (Tommy and final survivor) People wouldn’t be sitting their trolling Jason if they will just get killed in the process which would make them look absolutely stupid. 

59 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I'm open to anyone having a chance at a reduced brush off on an enraged Jason with a flare headshot. Only headshots should stun anyway. Firecrackers are a no go. On a side note I think only Victoria should be able to sweater stun being that she most resembles Pamela. Also only Tommy should be able to knock off Jason's mask but anyone can an kill him.

That just isn’t right for only Victoria to use sweater. It should just stay as is for every girl to be able to use the sweater. And also any counselor should he able to knock off the mask with enough hits. 

 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Going to go with yes to the flare gun and firecrackers even though I think only one of them should work.

As for the return of post rage stunning, I don’t think it’s necessary for Tommy and I don’t think it’s worth the effort to reprogram to allow the final girl to do it. 

Glad to see ur agree with flares and fireworks. 

 

With post rage stunning with tommy and final survivor read my comment to @Ahab  I feel like I got good reasoning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree with Tommy being able to melee stun. I disagree with anybody else being able to do so. One person being able to stun Jason wouldn't turn it into an issue. Multiple people being able to do so would. 

Basically for those trying to get Tommy a bigger role, lower your expectation. I'll be surprised if Tommy gets a boost, but begging for a "final girl" too? Maybe quit while you're ahead?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I do agree with Tommy being able to melee stun. I disagree with anybody else being able to do so. One person being able to stun Jason wouldn't turn it into an issue. Multiple people being able to do so would. 

Basically for those trying to get Tommy a bigger role, lower your expectation. I'll be surprised if Tommy gets a boost, but begging for a "final girl" too? Maybe quit while you're ahead?

I should’ve listed final survivor and tommy as a seperate question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

I should’ve listed final survivor and tommy as a seperate question

Indeed. My vote was for no, because they were paired.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Indeed. My vote was for no, because they were paired.. 

Should I re do the thread or whattt. Because now it’s probably innaccurate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Should I re do the thread or whattt. Because now it’s probably innaccurate 

You don’t need to, the comments will speak to that effect. 

To clarify, it isn’t that I don’t want Tommy to be the hero. It’s that giving him that ability encourages negative behaviour on the part of people who enjoy combat. They don’t need the encouragement.

I see the need for using a resource to gain stamina late in the game but Firecrackers are a perk so people may start using it as part of the new meta, flareguns make less sense but would be a better option as it’s a set number. A flare can kill a normal person at close range, it’s an underpowered shotgun shell for all intents and purposes, so not unbelievable that it would stop Jason for a bit. Still think giving both a stun would lead to to many stuns available in the late game. 

Good thread by the way DontZzz, I’m glad to see that you seem to be fitting in around camp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You don’t need to, the comments will speak to that effect. 

To clarify, it isn’t that I don’t want Tommy to be the hero. It’s that giving him that ability encourages negative behaviour on the part of people who enjoy combat. They don’t need the encouragement.

I see the need for using a resource to gain stamina late in the game but Firecrackers are a perk so people may start using it as part of the new meta, flareguns make less sense but would be a better option as it’s a set number. A flare can kill a normal person at close range, it’s an underpowered shotgun shell for all intents and purposes, so not unbelievable that it would stop Jason for a bit. Still think giving both a stun would lead to to many stuns available in the late game. 

Good thread by the way DontZzz, I’m glad you to see that you seem to be fitting in around camp. 

I think both firecrackers and flares should slow Jason. The biggest issue with the rage is that slow counselors really have a hard time making it to the exit if there are no cabins. Jason just shifts up and slashes down. I think that since both are an expendable resource, they should both be fine. You can only carry one weapon and three items after all. It'll make resource management all the more interesting. "Do I take these crackers or another health spray?" With firecrackers serving no purpose after rage, they are pretty meh. 

As far as Tommy, if Tommy gets a person or two out and leaves, I guess he is ok as is. If Tommy wants to ferry counselors out before heading back to danger to save even more counselors he needs some means to do so. Maybe that could be a reload when he escapes (rather than escaping he gets sent back with one more bullet, Barney Fife style) or maybe he could just beat on Jason in melee. Something needs to be done if we don't want to see people just bee lining to the exit as Tommy. 

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Should I re do the thread or whattt. Because now it’s probably innaccurate 

Lets just hope that people explain their choices, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I think both firecrackers and flares should slow Jason.

This is a very interesting idea, what if they did just slowed Jason, making him walk instead of run. I think this could actually work if it isn’t to difficult to program. I rather like the idea of Jason just slowing down but not stopping. 

If they did this than, I’d be fine with both of them working during rage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is a very interesting idea, what if they did just slowed Jason, making him walk instead of run. I think this could actually work if it isn’t to difficult to program. I rather like the idea of Jason just slowing down but not stopping. 

If they did this than, I’d be fine with both of them working during rage.

You know, I meant slow as in stun, but this would be fine too. "Lachoppa runs track, suckah!" before huffing and puffing away, Jason slowly plodding behind and cursing. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Risinggrave said:

You know, I meant slow as in stun, but this would be fine too. "Lachoppa runs track, suckah!" before huffing and puffing away, Jason slowly plodding behind and cursing. 

It would certainly lead to some interesting interactions.

@mattshotcha, Hey man interesting idea presented by @Risinggrave, I think you should see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You don’t need to, the comments will speak to that effect. 

To clarify, it isn’t that I don’t want Tommy to be the hero. It’s that giving him that ability encourages negative behaviour on the part of people who enjoy combat. They don’t need the encouragement.

I see the need for using a resource to gain stamina late in the game but Firecrackers are a perk so people may start using it as part of the new meta, flareguns make less sense but would be a better option as it’s a set number. A flare can kill a normal person at close range, it’s an underpowered shotgun shell for all intents and purposes, so not unbelievable that it would stop Jason for a bit. Still think giving both a stun would lead to to many stuns available in the late game. 

Good thread by the way DontZzz, I’m glad to see that you seem to be fitting in around camp. 

Yeah but you gotta think of the good players as well. The good players who will play as tommy the proper way and stun Jason at the proper times and be a hero instead of trolling. It’s those players that would truly have the game In their hands as the hero since they’re the only one who can stun. Besides, I don’t think there’d be much issue in negative behavior b/c it’s only one person. It’d also create that much more excitement to be able to play as Tommy. And thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

Are they ever going to patch the medsprays in the cabin bathrooms back?  I'm missing those.

All they did was move them to different locations around the camp. Usually they on book shelves, porch railings outside the cabins, barrels around the map, and campsites.  These locations do not change. 

I’ve still found some in the bathrooms it’s just not guranteed  to be in every cabin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of great ideas floating around, but keep in mind. The team will be looking to make any changes in a very small and controlled way. We want to avoid tipping the scales back in the other direction. And while firecrackers are limited and there is an inventory management aspect to it, it's still another option. We need to weigh the entirety of those options and not look at each individual. 

Also, firecrackers were originally intended as a distraction device and noise maker. Flare was intended as a spotting tool.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Also, firecrackers were originally intended as a distraction device and noise maker. Flare was intended as a spotting tool.

I remember seeing stuff about the flare during development, and remember when the announced change to weaponize it occurred. Are there any resources about its original design, function, and scope? I find myself wanting to take advantage of the spotting functionality before starting an objective, but failing to properly execute and wasting the resource.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Also, firecrackers were originally intended as a distraction device and noise maker. Flare was intended as a spotting tool.

I don't think I've ever been distracted by firecrackers. I don't think many Jason's are. Most Jason's I've seen won't leave a sure thing because of sound blips anyhow. Hell in QP, many won't even stop the chase to kill me if I make 10 mistakes on the fusebox. 

Unless I hear a fusebox beep, a gas spill or or a battery scratch, blips just help me locate counselors, they don't detour me from the chase. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I don't think I've ever been distracted by firecrackers. I don't think many Jason's are. Most Jason's I've seen won't leave a sure thing because of sound blips anyhow. Hell in QP, many won't even stop the chase to kill me if I make 10 mistakes on the fusebox. 

Unless I hear a fusebox beep, a gas spill or or a battery scratch, blips just help me locate counselors, they don't detour me from the chase. 

 

Firecrackers can also be used to give off a false positive for building occupancy, and I want to say they temporarily scramble Jason's sense and blip detection, so that you could conceivably move your player out of his love of sight and occupy a hiding spot in a building (and I don't necessarily mean a bed or closet). In other words, they can still be a distraction when Jason is actively chasing you and you're the last counselor on the map.

I'm guilty of occasionally forgetting they can do more than just stun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Firecrackers can also be used to give off a false positive for building occupancy, and I want to say they temporarily scramble Jason's sense and blip detection, so that you could conceivably move your player out of his love of sight and occupy a hiding spot in a building (and I don't necessarily mean a bed or closet). In other words, they can still be a distraction when Jason is actively chasing you and you're the last counselor on the map.

I'm guilty of occasionally forgetting they can do more than just stun.

You're saying they can light up houses like somebody is in them? If so, then I learned something new today. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

You're saying they can light up houses like somebody is in them? If so, then I learned something new today. 

 

Unless something has changed...they at least used to behave like a radio, in that respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...