SteadyGosling

This Patch has made me loose my love for this game.

@stephendedalus I like the irony of your profile pic vs the name you used Steve... and the return to the name you used when we first played the game together... which is why I will always call you Steve... Welcome to the forums.
    Just so the moderators and everyone else knows.... Steve is not his real name. I just have a habit of continuing to use the name given when I met someone... no matter how many times they want to change it.

I do understand what you are saying... but @Fair Play and @OCT 31 1978 are 100% correct. It is unlikely that medic will receive any kind of significant nerf. If it did... the river of tears would drown us all!!! But it would not sadden me if they completely removed it... as it would not affect my counselor gameplay at all... as I never use it... At least, not since I was a "noob".
   But it is possible that something will be done with it during the perk rework (I am not getting my hopes up too high, it is less of a fall that way when reality sets in)… We will not know what or if until we receive the patch notes, which will not happen until... at the earliest, the day before the patch drops... and we have no idea when that will happen... yet. So save your CP!!!

As someone who plays Part 4 for the most part... I find it frustrating as well when my three traps are not even a minor inconvenience to the counselors... But a tanked trap does give a warning and if you have an active morph (giving some balance here)... you can at least try to go and deal with the culprit. Playing with the -Traps weakness does require somewhat of a different playstyle than those who rely on traps too much... and it certainly requires far more practice at stopping cars as you cannot rely on traps for much help in objective control. It is really only a minor frustration though compared to some other things that happen in games.
    Fortunately, the thing that made medic the most annoying... the piñata parties... has at least been greatly reduced... and with it, a reduction in the annoyance caused by so many med sprays.

I carry my -Traps weakness like a badge of honor and play the same way even if I use Part 2... at least as far as traps are concerned... As you know, I never trap a car until after I stop it... and with that comes the question of... is the two seater even worth a trap? I need to keep my car chasing skills sharp, which requires constant practice... and sometimes a bit of incentive for counselors to "take" the car in the first place. But sometimes, objectives will be completed without your knowledge... Sometimes players will escape your best efforts to catch them... These are not things to be overly frustrated about though. Just as the hero cannot save everyone every time, neither can the villain kill everyone every time... We all have good games and bad games. From both sides of play, we work to make our gameplay better... and that is all we can really do... and you have made great strides with your Jason gameplay since we met. But you need practice at a few aspects... But do not feel bad... so do I.
    I play with my weaknesses in mind though... even the -water speed is not so much of a drawback for me. When I played Silent hunter (I was addicted to Silent Hunter 5 for a while), I used to program the torpedoes manually and was Very successful with it... angle of attack is important... and people said I would never find a used for geometry.
    This knowledge also makes it possible for me to juke out Jason when driving a boat... which a few people here seem to think I am full of crap about, but you have witnesses it several times (at least) both as a passenger in the boat... and as the Jason I got around with the boat.
    Last night I got around Roy in one of the canals on Pinehurst... Not sure if you were there for that one or not. Closest call ever... but once around him, he had no chance to catch me. 

17 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I think the only way to nerf the medic perk would be to limit the about of heal sprays a counselor with that perk can pick up perhaps a cap at 2? 

Still allowing 4 sprays with 2 cans which would  be 1 more than having 3 heal sprays in your 3 slots...

This would get fewer complaints than reducing it to only doubling one spray... but there would still be a river of tears. It was also a suggestion in the perk rework suggestion thread... but I do not remember by who.
   It is not that I do not like the idea... I am even all for reducing it to doubling only one spray... which could be reset when chosen as Tommy, and he could drop and pick up his med spray to have his first spray doubled as well...
   After all... the question I keep asking that no one wants to answer... How many med sprays do you need in a single match? If someone cannot answer this question reasonably.... then their complaints and tears towards ANY nerf to medic should be outright ignored... Just as they ignore the question itself... and the reasonable number has to include the consideration of how many people are using medic in the average match as well... and we ALL have a pretty good idea about how many people in a given lobby are using it. Not as if the person answering is the only person that EVER used medic at all... which would make their answer completely invalid and easy to dismiss. Just keeping count of the med sprays you see used when playing Jason (and not even considering those that you do not see being used)… make the number of players using medic in any match pretty easy to guess.
    I think it was last week... but one of the new forum members that joined up to cry about the patch tried to tell me hardly anyone ever uses medic... And people actually wonder why I get sarcastic... I am much friendlier when people do not treat me like a brainless moron.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

This would get fewer complaints than reducing it to only doubling one spray... but there would still be a river of tears. It was also a suggestion in the perk rework suggestion thread... but I do not remember by who.
   It is not that I do not like the idea... I am even all for reducing it to doubling only one spray... which could be reset when chosen as Tommy, and he could drop and pick up his med spray to have his first spray doubled as well...
   After all... the question I keep asking that no one wants to answer... How many med sprays do you need in a single match? If someone cannot answer this question reasonably.... then their complaints and tears towards ANY nerf to medic should be outright ignored... Just as they ignore the question itself... and the reasonable number has to include the consideration of how many people are using medic in the average match as well... and we ALL have a pretty good idea about how many people in a given lobby are using it. Not as if the person answering is the only person that EVER used medic at all... which would make their answer completely invalid and easy to dismiss. Just keeping count of the med sprays you see used when playing Jason (and not even considering those that you do not see being used)… make the number of players using medic in any match pretty easy to guess.
    I think it was last week... but one of the new forum members that joined up to cry about the patch tried to tell me hardly anyone ever uses medic... And people actually wonder why I get sarcastic... I am much friendlier when people do not treat me like a brainless moron.

I think the most reasonable medic nerf (if they were to nerf it) would be to make it so the second use of a can of spray can only heal another counselor. That way it both makes sense based on the name and still encourages you to help your fellow counselors (this is the main reason I run it when I do). I'm not a fan of nerfing medic as I dislike removing options and have rarely found that medic has caused me many problems. But if they did nerf it I think this would be the best way. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think the most reasonable medic nerf (if they were to nerf it) would be to make it so the second use of a can of spray can only heal another counselor. That way it both makes sense based on the name and still encourages you to help your fellow counselors (this is the main reason I run it when I do). I'm not a fan of nerfing medic as I dislike removing options and have rarely found that medic has caused me many problems. But if they did nerf it I think this would be the best way. 

I think I remember you mentioning this idea before... I do think this is a very good idea... IF they were ever to nerf said perk in the first place.

53 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I think I remember you mentioning this idea before... I do think this is a very good idea... IF they were ever to nerf said perk in the first place.

I believe I put it in the thread where they asked for ideas to rework the perk system. Not sure if I thought of it or saw it and simply added my support. 

39 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I believe I put it in the thread where they asked for ideas to rework the perk system. Not sure if I thought of it or saw it and simply added my support. 

It was still a good idea either way.

They need to rework luck if they're going to stick with this. I've been playing the game a while, and as Jenny, so I'm very skilled to survive the clock despite the patch, but objectively luck is a weak stat to have now since you can't stun Jason after rage and stunning him before only speeds up the process. In a few matches, Jason has gotten rage within 5 minutes lol, it's not really important to have weapon durability.

Chad's role is more confusing. Since he has a 10 in that stat. Amazing how one patch switches gears of certain counselors more likely to survive. 

Another idea they could do is giving slightly more rounds(shot gun) to high luck counselors after rage.

4 hours ago, Armani? said:

Jason has gotten rage within 5 minutes lol, it's not really important to have weapon durability.

It is still important for the Jason hunters at least... even after rage. But Jason getting rage in 5 minutes is due to one or more players beating on him too much early on... or stepping into too many bear traps early on... or being hit by every shotguns in camp very early on... with perhaps one or two counselors that just want to play pinata party.
   Forcing early rage was not a good idea even before the patch either... rage always increased sense range, which screwed over every counselor trying to be stealthy, and gave him more obvious, unsuspecting targets to morph close to for a surprise shift grab... It also increases Jason's ability recharging time... which is never a good sign for anybody...

There was always a way to keep his rage at bay for much longer... do not fight him... run away from him... I have always found running to be the best strategy for counselors... both when playing as a counselor, or as Jason. It was never too difficult to slash down one counselor... the hard part is catching someone who knows what they are doing with every other aspect of the game outside of combat.

The inability to stun Jason after rage really only made the game more difficult for players that relied on only one method of play. It in no way affects any other method of play other than combat.

Chad's role is more confusing. Since he has a 10 in that stat. Amazing how one patch switches gears of certain counselors more likely to survive. 

I always found Chad's role to be confusing... But luck affects more than just weapon durability remember. I have a few friends that "main" Chad... and they do very well with him, without using him in the role of a "Battle Chad"... They are very proficient with his repairs, kitting and every other aspect of play for that matter... I have also seen them run out the clock several times since the patch... with Chad... and I do not necessarily play the game with them every night... or for very long in any given night. Some friends only pop in for a few games... and then leave to play with others, or to do other stuff outside of "Camp".

Another idea they could do is giving slightly more rounds(shot gun) to high luck counselors after rage.

The shotgun already does quite a bit of damage towards demasking with only one shell... and it is already too easy to kill Jason. Adding more shells in for anyone at this point would make it considerably easier than it already is.
   This would not be a problem though if damage towards demasking was greatly reduced (or even nullified) for the shotgun... leaving it as a stun only weapon. Its not like a gun ever played a role in removing his mask or killing him for that matter in any of the movies... at best, they just slowed him down briefly.

12 hours ago, Armani? said:

They need to rework luck if they're going to stick with this. I've been playing the game a while, and as Jenny, so I'm very skilled to survive the clock despite the patch, but objectively luck is a weak stat to have now since you can't stun Jason after rage and stunning him before only speeds up the process. In a few matches, Jason has gotten rage within 5 minutes lol, it's not really important to have weapon durability.

I think you’re going to have to stick it out till the perk revamp. Sharing ideas is cool, but don’t think this is likely. Did you ever go read Wes’s Perk topic, maybe make some suggestions there man. I think it’s more likely that you’ll get something out of that than this. 

Glad to see you active again, you made me laugh sneaking Reggie into your unfinished content list. (Let it die, lol)

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think you’re going to have to stick it out till the perk revamp. Sharing ideas is cool, but don’t think this is likely. Did you ever go read Wes’s Perk topic, maybe make some suggestions there man. I think it’s more likely that you’ll get something out of that than this. 

Glad to see you active again, you made me laugh sneaking Reggie into your unfinished content list. (Let it die, lol)

If they ever do another counselor(extremely unlikely at the moment), he's their top pick. They have his likeness approval and gave the green light to him on the phone, but the lawsuit deadline got in the way. There was no way they could spend time on creating him in time. They knew that.

15 hours ago, Armani? said:

If they ever do another counselor(extremely unlikely at the moment), he's their top pick. They have his likeness approval and gave the green light to him on the phone, but the lawsuit deadline got in the way. There was no way they could spend time on creating him in time. They knew that.

I'm kinda hoping for Alice if they add another counselor. 

On 2/23/2019 at 10:34 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Agreed.

@stephendedalus, I think the only way to nerf the medic perk would be to limit the about of heal sprays a counselor with that perk can pick up perhaps a cap at 2? 

Still allowing 4 sprays with 2 cans which would  be 1 more than having 3 heal sprays in your 3 slots...

And that'd be a huge improvement.

• Thanks 1