SteadyGosling

This Patch has made me loose my love for this game.

7 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Your sentence doesn't really hold much substance in it. Serious teamers who are committed to wiping your lobby tend to grab the sweater or die to become Tommy Jarvis rendering the kill impossible.

It is obviously a poorly designed patch because it addresses a complex problem (balance) with an easy solution (invulnerable).

This comes from a place of an INCREASED number of kills for me (all proven with footage at least 60 Jason kills since the new patch). I am killing Jason more than before because I am not being cocky and engage Jason just because I can. The patch simply ruined the fun aspect of the game which was the final fight and final chase.

Poor design at its finest, on a merrier note it solved the login issues so props for that

For an allegedly poorly designed patch, a lot of people seem to be enjoying themselves.

4 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

The patch didn’t break the game, but it DID make it less enjoyable. No one is saying a buff wasn’t needed because it certainly was, just not THIS buff.

It made certain counslors useless (chad for example) his best stat is now useless within the first few minutes of the match. 

you are powerless to those “troll” Jason’s that tunnle you all game. If you fight back guess what!? Ur helping him kill you later when rage kicks in. You shouldn’t be punished for defending yourself.

This was a lazy buff simple as that. 

You wanna stop pinata party’s? Once stunned Jason cant be stunned again for another 20 seconds. (he currently can be stunned every 5 seconds pre rage) Increase the throwing knife damage! that will give Jason a way to do some serious damage at distance. & REMOVE MEDIC! The insane amount of med sprays is why no one is afraid of taking damage. & once grabbed by Jason in rage, a friend should NOT be able to stun Jason to set you free, & Keep the weapon buff we got from this patch.

End of the pinata party’s. Unless ur a hopless Jason. 

Tunneling does not have to mean trolling. Depending on who is being tunneled and why, it could be argued to be good or bad strategy. No one likes to be tunneled, except those posing a distraction to Jason so others can get stuff done.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Yes, some counselors are better than others they are different characters for a reason....it’s all in your playstyle preference I don’t feel any counselor is useless they all can be used in a way that can be successful.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's not who you choose, but what you make of them once you've chosen them.

2 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I feel being a level 150 doesn't matter much now with this patch. A less than experience Jason player shouldn't be on (par) with a more high "tier" Jason that's played longer and is more experienced. I feel a majority of players who didn't like the combat aspect of the game didn't like chasing a counselor only to get smacked in the face and the chase continues. I'm not knocking any member of the forum, let me make that clear! All i'm saying is some prefer a grab/kill game over! I like fighting the counselors, that's what made the hunt worth while and when you finally got them it was so much more rewarding. I suggest two modes for players who like combat and a mode for players who enjoy this.  This would make both sides happy and give more variety to the game. I would play both. 

Level indicates you've played the game for a while, and not much else. Due to the fact that the player attached to that level may not reflect the value of the level, I don't put much emphasis on that in a match. I've seen low level players who play like experts, and max level players who play like rookies.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 7:32 PM, SteadyGosling said:

Ive been a backer for over 2 years now, and its sad to say that this new patch has completely ruined my experience. the game unlike people were expecting now has LOWERED fear, and when Jason gets rage all that comes  is people suiciding or leaving, as the new feel is "useless" not "oh shit lets be afraid".  So many terrible things have come from some of these recent decisions, making him invulnerable to stun is completely game breaking, and makes it completely unplayable. You guys really didn't think about how quick he gets rage, especially with teamers, ive seen him get rage within a minute. Its sad to say that this game I used to play for hours on end, now has me feeling useless and bored.

So in short, you’re a person that has counselor set as preference and made a thread to cry about it. Thanks

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

For an allegedly poorly designed patch, a lot of people seem to be enjoying themselves.

Tunneling does not have to mean trolling. Depending on who is being tunneled and why, it could be argued to be good or bad strategy. No one likes to be tunneled, except those posing a distraction to Jason so others can get stuff done.

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's not who you choose, but what you make of them once you've chosen them.

Level indicates you've played the game for a while, and not much else. Due to the fact that the player attached to that level may not reflect the value of the level, I don't put much emphasis on that in a match. I've seen low level players who play like experts, and max level players who play like rookies.

I’m level 150 but I’ll never be among the best players simply for the fact that I just don’t have time to play every day like a lot of others can. I usually work 55 hours a week. I’m purely a weekend warrior unless I get an extra day off. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’m level 150 but I’ll never be among the best players simply for the fact that I just don’t have time to play every day like a lot of others can. I usually work 55 hours a week. I’m purely a weekend warrior unless I get an extra day off. 

I respect your modesty.

9 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

The patch didn’t break the game, but it DID make it less enjoyable. No one is saying a buff wasn’t needed because it certainly was, just not THIS buff.

It made certain counslors useless (chad for example) his best stat is now useless within the first few minutes of the match. 

you are powerless to those “troll” Jason’s that tunnle you all game. If you fight back guess what!? Ur helping him kill you later when rage kicks in. You shouldn’t be punished for defending yourself.

This was a lazy buff simple as that. 

You wanna stop pinata party’s? Once stunned Jason cant be stunned again for another 20 seconds. (he currently can be stunned every 5 seconds pre rage) Increase the throwing knife damage! that will give Jason a way to do some serious damage at distance. & REMOVE MEDIC! The insane amount of med sprays is why no one is afraid of taking damage. & once grabbed by Jason in rage, a friend should NOT be able to stun Jason to set you free, & Keep the weapon buff we got from this patch.

End of the pinata party’s. Unless ur a hopless Jason. 

The only thing that I might recommend that they do about medic is to increase the time it takes to use by 50%, and make sure to make it impossible to cancel out of using a cheap button trick. Using sprays out in the open should be highly risky to do. Vanessa players shouldn’t be able to immediately use a health spray after a running Jason hits them with a throwing knife and still be able to get away with several feet to spare, as is what happened to me last night. He didn’t even need to use the health spray either. He was simply showing me that he could just to be a smartass. 

yep, it doesnot feel natural any more after the update, feel like people get scared just so easy that you dont have the joy making people s** thier pants off.

OP, my initial reaction to the update was that it ruined the game but when I came back to F13 after playing RE2, I found to me that it doesn’t make a lick of difference really to my playstyle, who as an AJ main my matches are pretty much only 10 minutes anyway as that’s the realistic time I have to escape before I’m not as effective anymore with the Jason buffs.

However this is all in the thought of the Jason being a legit good player, if you’re a poor to average Jason player it doesn’t matter what buffs are made if you don’t have the skills to win.

Plus my belief changed in that now with things favouring Jason a bit more it feels so much more satisfying to escape.

It's funny to spectate people who still try to stun Jason with melee weapons after rage.  But at least they're making the match that much shorter.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aries said:

yep, it doesnot feel natural any more after the update, feel like people get scared just so easy that you dont have the joy making people s** thier pants off.

If you make good use of Stalk, you can still make a player drop a load in their shorts.

• Haha 1

This update is fine just needs some changes to make it more interesting. 

1. Fireworks and flare guns stunning in rage

2. The final survivor and tommy only to stun Jason in rage 

This isn’t too much to ask for. These are some nice changes I suggest the game really needs. They did a good job getting rid of the piñata parties. But took things a lil too far with the buff. It’s still possible surviving the night as final survivor with good juking. But, being able to fight back as the final survivor would be more interesting. 

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

Playing with a friend last night who mains Chad... Your statement here is utterly False.
   He was able to lead me on one of the longest chases I have ever had... and he ended up escaping.... He also survived a match as the final boy... playing CHAD... against an awesome Jason player that I have seen wipe out lobbies full of great counselor players many times.
   And this was just two of the matches in which we played together.
   Personally, I never play Chad, by choice... and every time the random bug forces me to play him, I feel like I need a shower.

First few minutes of the match.... Laughable.

I didn’t say you couldn’t survive as chad? I said his best stat is useless (luck) if you use it you are helping Jason reach rage MUCH faster.

& yes, Jason can reach rage just a few minutes into the match if he has someone helping him, & that happens pretty often. Hardly “laughable”

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

It is Jason's "job" to kill you. This "job" REQUIRES him to do something that some people refer to as "tunneling". How exactly does this make this Jason player you speak of, or ANY other Jason player that does his "job" a troll? Should he just break off the chase because you do not want him to do that?

I’m talking about the Jason players that walk right past everyone else just to come after you & YOU only. It’s happened to all of us, that I’m sure of.

Tunneling is a good strategy at times, but when you walk right past someone else within grab range, is that good strategy? No, that’s basically trolling. 

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

That would just lead to the battle Chads stunning him and playing an easy game of keep away for a count of twenty... Rinse and repeat... for twenty minutes.

The time could be increased to 30 second stun immunity. I can’t really think of any reason you’d need to stun Jason more then once in a 30 second period. I’d rather be stunned roughly every 20-30 seconds or so then every 2-5 seconds as it currently is pre rage. 

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am not against removing (or at least nerfing) medic... But the multitudes of players out there are against this. While a nerf of some sort may actually be called for here, a complete removal of this would cause even more complaints than the throwing knife buff you suggested.

That’s a great point, maybe instead of removing it, nerf it like you suggested. You would get 2 uses BUT you have a cool down period, meaning you can’t use the second spray for a couple minutes. & increase the amount of time it takes to heal yourself. Throwing knifes are somewhat useless if you can simply heal up within 1-2 seconds, that rarely gives Jason enough time to reach you.

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

I cannot agree with this at all. Not allowing a friend to hit Jason to save you in his grip is actually way too far...

I was hesitant about that one, maybe only shotguns & firecrackers can make Jason drop another player? That could give firecrackers a great use, while also making shotguns important. 

Or drop that all together & go by when the last time he was stunned. If he was stunned less then 30 seconds ago then hitting him won’t make him drop the other player. That would help keep groups from ganging up on Jason.

18 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Level doesn't indicate skill, but will (generally) be a good gauge of a persons knowledge of the game.

15 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I probably play more then you on the average but I also consider myself an average at best player.

17 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I as well am level 150, been so for a while now. I to work crazy hours and play mostly on my days off (will sneak a few rounds in before bed time some nights). The only thing I will claim about my level of play in this game is, I’m the best player in my house, seeing as my son doesn’t play anymore. 😀

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Level doesn't indicate skill, but will (generally) be a good gauge of a persons knowledge of the game.

I'd agree, with players who play offline mostly being the exception.

3 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I’m the best player in my house, seeing as my son doesn’t play anymore. 

I'd say my youngest daughter has me beat by a mile, as she has a lot more time to play the game than I. I don't mind losing to her or my wife.

If it was a real time strategy game, things would go a lot differently.

29 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'd agree, with players who play offline mostly being the exception.

True. If they're mostly leveling through offline bots, their knowledge will be lacking. 

On 2/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, SteadyGosling said:

Ive been a backer for over 2 years now, and its sad to say that this new patch has completely ruined my experience. the game unlike people were expecting now has LOWERED fear, and when Jason gets rage all that comes  is people suiciding or leaving, as the new feel is "useless" not "oh shit lets be afraid".  So many terrible things have come from some of these recent decisions, making him invulnerable to stun is completely game breaking, and makes it completely unplayable. You guys really didn't think about how quick he gets rage, especially with teamers, ive seen him get rage within a minute. Its sad to say that this game I used to play for hours on end, now has me feeling useless and bored.

So sorry that not being able to troll Jason anymore has made you "loose" your love for the game. You really should just change your password on whatever online gaming service you use to random letters and numbers and sign out for good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

So sorry that not being able to troll Jason anymore has made you "loose" your love for the game. You really should just change your password on whatever online gaming service you use to random letters and numbers and sign out for good.

I am starting to “loose” my mind with all these topics about “OP Jason” last couples matches I just played the first Jason killed 2 people everyone else escaped...and then the next guy to play the poor undead bastard was killed in about 8 minutes.....

• Like 1

Oh come on. This patch hasn't broken anything. Just made dancing trolls worried. I'm escaping and killing just as much as before. No mediocre Jason is killing me unless I f-up. Maybe trolls should concentrate on objectives rather thsn stunparties? And if you're a "super-Jason", hit us up! We will give you a challenge! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am starting to “loose” my mind with all these topics about “OP Jason” last couples matches I just played the first Jason killed 2 people everyone else escaped...and then the next guy to play the poor undead bastard was killed in about 8 minutes.....

Exactly. I'm not seeing anything different, except that the pinata parties have stopped.

Buncha crybabies up in here. If it keeps up I'm gonna "loose" my shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can’t wait for the next buff, don’t even care wether it’s perks or Jason, so I can’t say my love of the game was negatively impacted by this patch. 

Still waiting for any real argument as to why it wasn’t the best thing for the game. 

• Like 4

The latest patch made me love the game even more. Jason is not a bitch anymore and It is more challenging to escape and kill Jason and that's how it should of always been. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Exactly. I'm not seeing anything different, except that the pinata parties have stopped.

Buncha crybabies up in here. If it keeps up I'm gonna "loose" my shit.

We will loose are thit together, I can’t wait.

Disclaimer : I don't mean what I'm about to say but I can't help myself. I'm sure she's absolutely lovely.

You're Mom's loose from all the rippin and tearin Jason has been dishing out since the pinata party was crashed! Bazinga!!

• Haha 2