SteadyGosling

This Patch has made me loose my love for this game.

Ive been a backer for over 2 years now, and its sad to say that this new patch has completely ruined my experience. the game unlike people were expecting now has LOWERED fear, and when Jason gets rage all that comes  is people suiciding or leaving, as the new feel is "useless" not "oh shit lets be afraid".  So many terrible things have come from some of these recent decisions, making him invulnerable to stun is completely game breaking, and makes it completely unplayable. You guys really didn't think about how quick he gets rage, especially with teamers, ive seen him get rage within a minute. Its sad to say that this game I used to play for hours on end, now has me feeling useless and bored.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I understand where you’re coming from. For me, it just seems absolutely impossible to get a full lobby where half doesn’t immediately leave. 

Uh oh... Somebody call the waaambulance! 😋

In all seriousness @SteadyGosling there are bound to be plenty more balancing updates so just hang in there! 

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Haha 1

*Waves goodbye* 

I guess you'll be leaving us then... You know, since the game's so broken and all. 

Edit: If this patch has wrecked the game so badly, maybe you can explain to me why counselor escapes have skyrocketed since it came out? For such a busted game there sure does seem to be a lot of surviving post-Rage Jason going on. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

ive seen him get rage within a minute.

Video or it didn’t happen. I call total BS on that even being a possibility. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

game unlike people were expecting now has LOWERED fear,  when Jason gets rage all that comes  is people suiciding or leaving, as the new feel is "useless" not "oh shit lets be afraid". 

Fear is so lowered that a bunch of weak human beings kill themselves because they are too afraid to fight back. Sounds about right. 

Everybody is constantly "Jason players need to be good" So do counselors. Counselors too stupid to realize that picking a fight with Jason won't end well is a problem with the player, not the game. A lone wolf with some brains and a dash of luck, or even better, a group of coordinated counselors will find escape very doable. 

At any rate, I guess we'll see if you're really gone or just pulling some emo drama. Bye, may your next game be better suited to your expectations.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

when Jason gets rage all that comes  is people suiciding or leaving, as the new feel is "useless" not "oh shit lets be afraid".

I lol'd so hard off this.

GOOOOOOD!    And hopefully those 'kinds' of people stop playing.  

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Video or it didn’t happen. I call total BS on that even being a possibility. 

It's possible, but only under manufactured settings. The chance of this happening in a live game with other players is basically zero. Think of it like one of those late-night commercials where they show some frumpy-ass looking woman who says "I lost 25 pounds in one week on the Nutri-whateverthefuck diet!" and then at the bottom of the screen there's a ton of fine print in letters so small a mouse couldn't read them. That's basically what the OP's trying to pull.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing that @HaHaTrumpWon But, I see this being a potential epic fail for teamers to try this tactic. As soon as rage hits, every attack by counselors will be one hit closer to de-masking. I see a rise in teamer Jason deaths, which would be hilarious. 

15 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Thanks for sharing that @HaHaTrumpWon But, I see this being a potential epic fail for teamers to try this tactic. As soon as rage hits, every attack by counselors will be one hit closer to de-masking. I see a rise in teamer Jason deaths, which would be hilarious. 

Just to be sure we're on the same page, are you talking about teamers helping Jason get Rage, then other non-teamers using the opportunity to demask and kill him?

13 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Your sentence doesn't really hold much substance in it. Serious teamers who are committed to wiping your lobby tend to grab the sweater or die to become Tommy Jarvis rendering the kill impossible.

It is obviously a poorly designed patch because it addresses a complex problem (balance) with an easy solution (invulnerable).

This comes from a place of an INCREASED number of kills for me (all proven with footage at least 60 Jason kills since the new patch). I am killing Jason more than before because I am not being cocky and engage Jason just because I can. The patch simply ruined the fun aspect of the game which was the final fight and final chase.

Poor design at its finest, on a merrier note it solved the login issues so props for that

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

The patch simply ruined the fun aspect of the game which was the final fight and final chase.

That sounds like a fancy way of saying this:

pinata_fun.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Just to be sure we're on the same page, are you talking about teamers helping Jason get Rage, then other non-teamers using the opportunity to demask and kill him?

That is correct. 

@nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co, Most of the teamers I run across in QP are right with Jason showing him where everyone else is and playing body barricade at windows or hallways. Most of these people aren’t intelligent enough to go after the sweater. If they are a coordinated group however, you are correct in that they will sabotage any kill condition. But from my experience, there are several more non-coordinated groups in QP that coordinated groups. 

Omg the blatant exaggeration. Something you don’t like is not GAMEBREAKING. Smh. You can tell who isn’t educated because they overuse hyperbole to make a point and it only backfired because they’re virtually lying. The GAMEBREAKING stun immunity. If that’s how you feel, then bye, get outta here!!! How you feel doesn’t change the fact of the matter that the patch fixed a near 2-year issues with trolls going toe to toe with mediocre/ new Jason players and dragging matches out as well as shameful veterans on Jason hunting parties getting easy kills. Those days are over, it’s not GAMEBREAKING it’s just heartbreaking for you bye.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The patch didn’t break the game, but it DID make it less enjoyable. No one is saying a buff wasn’t needed because it certainly was, just not THIS buff.

It made certain counslors useless (chad for example) his best stat is now useless within the first few minutes of the match. 

you are powerless to those “troll” Jason’s that tunnle you all game. If you fight back guess what!? Ur helping him kill you later when rage kicks in. You shouldn’t be punished for defending yourself.

This was a lazy buff simple as that. 

You wanna stop pinata party’s? Once stunned Jason cant be stunned again for another 20 seconds. (he currently can be stunned every 5 seconds pre rage) Increase the throwing knife damage! that will give Jason a way to do some serious damage at distance. & REMOVE MEDIC! The insane amount of med sprays is why no one is afraid of taking damage. & once grabbed by Jason in rage, a friend should NOT be able to stun Jason to set you free, & Keep the weapon buff we got from this patch.

End of the pinata party’s. Unless ur a hopless Jason. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2019 at 5:25 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That sounds like a fancy way of saying this:

pinata_fun.jpg

I may answer your messages once you can make an argument and conduct a proper debate.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, BlkHawk said:

The patch didn’t break the game, but it DID make it less enjoyable. No one is saying a buff wasn’t needed because it certainly was, just not THIS buff.

It made certain counslors useless (chad for example) his best stat is now useless within the first few minutes of the match. 

you are powerless to those “troll” Jason’s that tunnle you all game. If you fight back guess what!? Ur helping him kill you later when rage kicks in. You shouldn’t be punished for defending yourself.

You wanna stop pinata party’s? Once stunned Jason cant be stunned again for another 20 seconds. (he currently can be stunned every 5 seconds pre rage) Increase the throwing knife damage! that will give Jason a way to do some serious damage at distance. & REMOVE MEDIC! The insane amount of med sprays is why no one is afraid of taking damage. & once grabbed by Jason in rage, a friend should NOT be able to stun Jason to set you free, & Keep the weapon buff we got from this patch.

End of the pinata party’s. Unless ur a hopless Jason. 

Precisely! thank you for your point, this patch was a weak and unsuccessful way of trying for a balance.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT :(

Note from mods: Please report it next time so we can fix it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlkHawk said:

....Less enjoyable to some and definitely more enjoyable for others.....

...you are trying to use your opinion of the game as a fact for everyone...this is not the case.

Yes, some counselors are better than others they are different characters for a reason....it’s all in your playstyle preference I don’t feel any counselor is useless they all can be used in a way that can be successful. 

If you are talking about Prerage ...nothing changed you can still fight back....and to be honest you still can when Rage is active.....you aren’t being punished.... it’s Jasons Job to kill counselors if the player decides to tunneling it is what it is.

You have options counselors are not insta killed because Jason has Rage and is after them... just look at all the posts that have been saying counselors are escaping and killing Jason more than before.....

All it changed was a piss poor broken gameplay mechanic simple as that.

You wanna stop pinata party’s? Once stunned Jason cant be stunned again for another 20 seconds. (he currently can be stunned every 5 seconds pre rage) 

This wouldn’t change anything players would just circle back around in 20 seconds.

ncrease the throwing knife damage! that will give Jason a way to do some serious damage at distance. & REMOVE MEDIC!

I like the extra damage for throwing knives....but taking a perk away would just create whole new rounds of bitch feasting,  along with taking away the ability to save someone off the grab...

33 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Precisely! thank you for your point, this patch was a weak and unsuccessful 

Sorry you don’t like the patch/ changes...but I have to say the end result from the patch was successful...it may  lean heavier in favor for Jason but the dance piniata beat downs are over once Jason hits rage and like it or don’t like it........it gives him the appearance of being more powerful again....the direction is good more tweaks will make it better.

• Like 1

I feel being a level 150 doesn't matter much now with this patch. A less than experience Jason player shouldn't be on (par) with a more high "tier" Jason that's played longer and is more experienced. I feel a majority of players who didn't like the combat aspect of the game didn't like chasing a counselor only to get smacked in the face and the chase continues. I'm not knocking any member of the forum, let me make that clear! All i'm saying is some prefer a grab/kill game over! I like fighting the counselors, that's what made the hunt worth while and when you finally got them it was so much more rewarding. I suggest two modes for players who like combat and a mode for players who enjoy this.  This would make both sides happy and give more variety to the game. I would play both. 

39 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I feel being a level 150 doesn't matter much now with this patch. A less than experience Jason player shouldn't be on (par) with a more high "tier" Jason that's played longer and is more experienced. I feel a majority of players who didn't like the combat aspect of the game didn't like chasing a counselor only to get smacked in the face and the chase continues. I'm not knocking any member of the forum, let me make that clear! All i'm saying is some prefer a grab/kill game over! I like fighting the counselors, that's what made the hunt worth while and when you finally got them it was so much more rewarding. I suggest two modes for players who like combat and a mode for players who enjoy this.  This would make both sides happy and give more variety to the game. I would play both. 

dividing the player base wouldn't do the game any favors. 

While you're entitled to your opinion, I Think that mid to high tier Jason's should push counselors to the limit. Not being able to stun lock Jason has helped that. Also, being a "150" definitely helps, even after the buff. Experience and knowledge separates the Jason who doesn't know to trap the phone from the one clearing 8/8. 

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I feel being a level 150 doesn't matter much now with this patch.

It NEVER mattered.  Level has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with how much time you devote/ devoted.  All it is are thresholds for unlocks.  That's it!  No perks are blocked from use at level 1 for counselors and only a few kills for Jason you can count on one hand (if I remember right) are locked past level 101, having no impact on the game whatsoever.  Why do so many people constantly chirp this exact same thing about the levels?

All i'm saying is i had to grind to get better at playing as Jason. Offline bots helped when practicing shift etc... We're not getting new content adding more options to the game shouldn't be seen as dividing the community it should be a welcomed addition to the game. I miss combat as a Jason player and as a counselor. I want a mode for Jason players who loved the challenge of a group of counselors who thought they were gonna just gonna give you a beat down.  I liked showing them things weren't gonna be that easy!

I was told the other night.... You never would've killed me before the patch. Enjoy the new buff! (I know this player was just being salty.)  My point is when you cleared a room before 8/8 you did it by getting experience and counselors didn't have an excuse when they died. Now they blame the patch! 

3 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I may answer your messages once you can make an argument and conduct a proper debate.

I cannot possibly care less if you answer me or not, as there's nothing to debate. Jason is and will remain unstunnable during Rage, the Devs said they are pleased with the change and will not reverse it. Again, there is nothing to debate. If you find the game is now broken or unplayable (as some have claimed) then... goodbye.

I was told the other night.... You never would've killed me before the patch. Enjoy the new buff! (I know this player was just being salty.)  My point is when you cleared a room before 8/8 you did it by getting experience and counselors didn't have an excuse when they died. Now they blame the patch! 

Who cares if they're butt-hurt and salty? Let them blame the patch if they want to. You and I both know the real target of blame is themselves for failing to escape sooner.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

Playing with a friend last night who mains Chad... Your statement here is utterly False.
   He was able to lead me on one of the longest chases I have ever had... and he ended up escaping.... He also survived a match as the final boy... playing CHAD... against an awesome Jason player that I have seen wipe out lobbies full of great counselor players many times.
   And this was just two of the matches in which we played together.
   Personally, I never play Chad, by choice... and every time the random bug forces me to play him, I feel like I need a shower.

First few minutes of the match.... Laughable.

you are powerless to those “troll” Jason’s that tunnle you all game.

It is Jason's "job" to kill you. This "job" REQUIRES him to do something that some people refer to as "tunneling". How exactly does this make this Jason player you speak of, or ANY other Jason player that does his "job" a troll? Should he just break off the chase because you do not want him to do that?

Truthfully... the only lazy people that have anything to do with ANY of this... are the people that refuse to adapt.

You wanna stop pinata party’s? Once stunned Jason cant be stunned again for another 20 seconds. (he currently can be stunned every 5 seconds pre rage)

That would just lead to the battle Chads stunning him and playing an easy game of keep away for a count of twenty... Rinse and repeat... for twenty minutes. The bonus stamina from a hit for the successful attacker makes this incredibly easy for him or her... and the time of even the shortest stun animation is WAY more than enough time for everyone else to recover all the stamina they would ever need to accomplish this.
   Jason has only 2 seconds of stun immunity when coming out of a stun... not five. In no way would anyone be counting any part of his stun animation as being an immunity to something that is currently affecting him... as you cannot be immune to anything that is currently affecting you.

Increase the throwing knife damage! that will give Jason a way to do some serious damage at distance.

Throwing knives are hit and miss, even for the best of us. Much of an increase here and anyone who is not running thick skin will be put into an injured state with one hit... If you think people are complaining now, wait to you see what would happen if this were to occur. If players where put in a limping state with one throwing knife, I would call any complaint about this a legitimate complaint... Even the machete or axe cannot do that.
     I would not be against more knives around camp for Jason to pick up being added... it already takes a very long time to pick up a useful number of knives... and spending even more time to pick up knives works for balance as it leaves Jason wasting even more time not chasing down his prey. And as I said, knives are hit and miss... even for the best of us.

REMOVE MEDIC! The insane amount of med sprays is why no one is afraid of taking damage.

I am not against removing (or at least nerfing) medic... But the multitudes of players out there are against this. While a nerf of some sort may actually be called for here, a complete removal of this would cause even more complaints than the throwing knife buff you suggested.
   The only reason no one is afraid of Jason is the near certainty of stunning him with each hit. No one is afraid of a piñata... This is self evident as soon as Jason hits rage with his current buff. With the chance to stun him removed came actual concern for one's own counselor's well being... Which is self evident from the amount of ridiculous complaints and the number of players running away from him now instead of towards him.

once grabbed by Jason in rage, a friend should NOT be able to stun Jason to set you free, & Keep the weapon buff we got from this patch.

I cannot agree with this at all. Not allowing a friend to hit Jason to save you in his grip is actually way too far... People actually have to work for that one, even without "meat shielding." Even in a fight for the car against four counselors, I am often able to get a quick kill in before they can hit me to release their team mate. Far more often than you would think.
   I will say... What is referred to as "meat shielding" should be brought back. This allowed Jason to use the person in his grip to block the attempt to free them with a hit.

The weapon buff sounds good to me... and last night... out of the great many matches I have played since the patch... I was actually able to hit two counselors with one swing for the first time... and I like it... and the difference was noticeable during that fight. For the most part though, the people I have been playing against were generally smart enough to space themselves out enough that it is difficult to hit more than one person with one swing.... But in this particular game last night... I think they were a bit panicked... which once again, indicates a concern for one's counselor's safety... and that is as close as we will really ever get to players in the safety of their own homes, who are in absolutely no danger themselves... fearing the killer in a video game.

3 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT

After you have posted to the thread, take a look at your post. You will find that there is an option to edit it at the bottom of your post. This reopens the post so you can add to it and then repost it with you additional comments.
  Also... I think @HaHaTrumpWon was trying to say... "This sounds like a fancy way of saying piñata party"... a picture is worth a thousand words... but in this case, only two were needed. He may correct me if I am wrong.

6 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

This comes from a place of an INCREASED number of kills for me (all proven with footage at least 60 Jason kills since the new patch). I am killing Jason more than before because I am not being cocky and engage Jason just because I can.

As of your writing of this post, just how many matches have you played? 60 Jason kills in 19 days seems like a lot already... Now if you have played 300 matches in this time and attempted a Jason kill in EVERY match... then I would call it a rarity as that would be a 20% kill ratio overall... Anything above 20% is not rare... for that matter... 20% is still only 1 in 5... which is still hard to consider rare... And just to point it out... the devs can look at far more game stats for anyone that plays this game than most people have considered.
   I realize you say you are killing Jason more now than before the patch dropped... and a great many of us knew this would be the case for Jason Hunters... and we know the reasons why.

The thing is, you and a bunch of others keep saying this patch was a bad thing for reasons that many of us have already read in all of the complaint posts since the patch... Yet here, you say it made the game easier for you... This was not included as a reason for disliking the patch anywhere in any of the complaints made about it.
    Hopefully the next buff for Jason actually does make the Jason kill a rarity and actually difficult to do... Many of us look forward to that day, and it will be the day I actually try to kill Jason again... When it is actually and accomplishment to achieve it.

• Like 1