Avanious

Interaction Lock Glitches

Out of the years this game has been around, I'm surprised nothing was done to fix the interaction lock glitch. I encountered it multiple times playing the counselor. It is a glitch where when you press on an interaction command to open a window or drawer and suddenly the camera wonks out and you cannot move your camera and you cannot move anything. Map and everything else on the keyboard doesn't work. A couple of times I asked Jason to pick up my character and in the past, that usually fixed it. It did not fix it so I was giving Jason free kills because it basically broke my game for that match. It's becoming more frequent and it even sometimes happens to me when I'm Jason.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? My friends say they get it to.

I used to get an interaction lock almost every other round.......whether it was Jason or counselor.

The developers did work on interaction locks in this last patch.... though Maybe  they didn’t nailed them all down yet.? 

Not sure......

I will say I haven’t run into any since last patch...not saying it’s not still happening but I have had very smooth games since it dropped.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Maybe  they didn’t nailed them all down yet.? 

One of my friends had an interaction lock last night. I have seen only one or two others have this problem since the patch... and I have been playing quite a lot since then. So it does still happen, but seems pretty rare.

21 hours ago, Avanious said:

Out of the years this game has been around, I'm surprised nothing was done to fix the interaction lock glitch.

It is not that nothing has been done to fix it... progress has been made with this one. It used to be much more common. But there are still a lot of bugs and glitches to fix and they have their own list of priorities that may not match many player's views of what should or shouldn't be a priority.
   All tasks take time... and they actually have greatly reduced the numbers of bugs in this game.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 5:04 PM, Ahab said:

One of my friends had an interaction lock last night. I have seen only one or two others have this problem since the patch... and I have been playing quite a lot since then. So it does still happen, but seems pretty rare.

Maybe I just have bad luck, but it hasn't been rare for me. Seems like the last week or so, I can count on it at least once a night. 

21 hours ago, stephendedalus said:

Maybe I just have bad luck, but it hasn't been rare for me. Seems like the last week or so, I can count on it at least once a night. 

It has been happening even more so since I wrote the post above... mostly to you in particular when we are playing... But I do not know it is happening to someone unless they tell me. You and a few others that we have played with do tend to voice the problem when it does happen though... either in game or when we are back in the lobby. And I do take this into consideration... Considering the number of game we tend to play in a night... once per night is still pretty rare. How it happens is the mystery here... Is there an action you are doing before the lock happens that could be labeled as a common factor?
   I did forget to come back to this thread to mention it... so thanks for reminding me.

As for myself... it has been very rare... I cannot even remember the last time I was interaction locked as a counselor... But I did get an interaction glitch as Jason briefly last night. It seemed to fix itself fairly quickly though.

The car glitching out has been happening far more often though... and seems to happen at least four or five times per night.

@mattshotcha I don't know how many people have mentioned it... but the car going completely loopy does seem to be happening quite a bit. I do not think it has anything to do with which map we are on... it seems to happen on all of them. I am not sure if it is just hitting a bump in the road, or grazing a rock... It has happened in many different places on (seemingly) every map. Some people on the forums have mentioned that this kind of thing can happen if Jason throws a knife at the car... but I can say for sure in several instances that the Jason player did not throw a knife before it happened as I could plainly see him on my screen when it happened. I cannot say this for sure when I did not have him in view.
    Sometimes it just seems to flip over for no reason... and we appear outside of the car... Sometimes it seems like it is teleported and we instantly appear off the map and outside of the car... When we are off the map we can still wander around, but coming up to the borders of the map, we cannot get back in.
    Two friends in... I think it was the two seater on Higgins large... bugged out and the car appeared inside one of the large rocky areas on the map... I was spectating on that one and it also put the camera over their heads... never seen that before either. They could not get out of the car either. I know the Jason player and he said he could see them inside the rock with "sense". I will ask them if they have footage to send in for that one tonight.

While I have you here... one other thing I keep forgetting to mention... I have noticed a throwing knife that seems to be stuck in Jason's left hand through his wrist... also on pretty much every map. Although this is not a huge problem... and pretty far from game breaking... it is visible when he shifts and is a dead giveaway that Jason is coming at you... If you are paying attention at least.
    I wish I had more information, but I can only tell you what I am seeing myself.... I will try to remember to record some games... I might get lucky and get some footage of it... or at least screenshots.
    Just a few weird things happening I thought you should know about.

@Ahab Yes, if you can get something recorded of the knife thing, that would be great.

As for any thing with the car, the team is looking into some broken physics with the car specifically that are the cause of this stuff. More as soon as I have it.

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

@Ahab Yes, if you can get something recorded of the knife thing, that would be great.

As for any thing with the car, the team is looking into some broken physics with the car specifically that are the cause of this stuff. More as soon as I have it.

Thanks... a couple of friends were trying to get some footage to send in last night for these issues... I will remind them to send it in if they have not. @Johnos Firewalker got some footage good footage of one of the cars as it glitched from Jason's perspective at least.
   I was looking for the knife thing last night to get some screenshots... but for the first time in a while, I did not notice it happening. Most nights, I see it happen in several matches at least. I will keep a sharp eye out and get some screenshots to send in.

Only interaction glitch happening to me lately is not being able to attack after exiting a car. There was also this one time I was driving and the car fell beneath the map. Couldn't do anything and got kicked for being idle.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:17 PM, Ahab said:

It has been happening even more so since I wrote the post above... mostly to you in particular when we are playing... But I do not know it is happening to someone unless they tell me. You and a few others that we have played with do tend to voice the problem when it does happen though... either in game or when we are back in the lobby. And I do take this into consideration... Considering the number of game we tend to play in a night... once per night is still pretty rare. How it happens is the mystery here... Is there an action you are doing before the lock happens that could be labeled as a common factor?

One of the Jasons that it happened to me against said that he had had that problem as Jason, which fortunately I've never run into. But twice it seemed to happen when I did sort of a running motion into an unlocked door, intending to open it. But I can't say that's been the case every time. One time it was getting out of a car. Other times seemingly just out of nowhere.

7 hours ago, stephendedalus said:

One of the Jasons that it happened to me against said that he had had that problem as Jason, which fortunately I've never run into. But twice it seemed to happen when I did sort of a running motion into an unlocked door, intending to open it. But I can't say that's been the case every time. One time it was getting out of a car. Other times seemingly just out of nowhere.

Hard to nail down the cause... probably because there are multiple causes. The devs do know about the interaction locks, and hopefully have nailed down as many causes as they can find... all we can do is hope it is fixed soon.
   Its the causes they can't find to fix them that make the problem a persistent issue... as they have fixed several of the causes for interaction locks already... but it still keeps happening due to an unforeseen cause that was not yet found and addressed... or possibly even a new conflict caused by the fix... or even a fix for something else... With millions of lines of code, conflicts are inevitable... and conflicts in a computer program will cause some sort of issue.
  If you notice something that looks like it could be the cause... the best you could do to prevent the issue is to try not to do what you think may be causing it... But remember... your (or me) could be wrong about what we think could be causing it.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:17 PM, Ahab said:

Some people on the forums have mentioned that this kind of thing can happen if Jason throws a knife at the car... 

On 2/25/2019 at 9:37 AM, mattshotcha said:

Yes, if you can get something recorded of the knife thing, that would be great.

So this just recently happened:

On 3/3/2019 at 12:28 AM, aurllcooljay said:

So this just recently happened:

So that is one of the issues the developers almost had fixed for the last patch and will have fixed for the next patch and I definitely think it needs patched out.......but that was some cool collision mechanics in that video....

and the more I think about it they should have put in a gameplay mechanic where you could throw knives at the wheels making driving much more difficult....😃

@aurllcooljay At least you got some good footage of it. Some friends of mine have also sent some footage in... it is not always the knife that causes the car to go wacky. I do hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later.
   It is otherwise a complete waste of a throwing knife to throw it at the car... which seems to indicate to me that some Jason players are doing this simply because they get a bit salty when they fail to stop a moving car... Smart Jason players would never waste a knife on the car... and that is just some salty attitude to intentionally glitch the car as some players do. I need my knives for the remaining targets in a match that I can actually damage... If I missed a car and it carries on to the exit, the players in the car earned that escape.
   My friends know better than to stick around and give me another chance to stop the car... it is rare that I miss twice... and far rarer still that I will miss three times in a row. A player driving a car against my Jason (invariably Part 4) that does not know me... will soon learn the error of their ways.

@mattshotcha I did finally get some screenshots of the throwing knife issue I mentioned. I sent in a screenshot in which you can see the knife in his left hand and another of the knife still visible while Jason shifted towards me... I did not think video was really necessary for that one. It is fairly common from what I see... but still FAR from game breaking.

Also... while I have you here... the PC servers seem to have a nasty habit of throwing me and my group into any and every server but our local (U.S.) server. Two nights ago, this happened seven times in a row when searching for a lobby... and an hour or two later... it happened seven times in a row again, which led to myself and everyone with me retiring early from the game for the night... Last night, we were thrown into far away servers five times in a row... the group lost a couple of players here... but the rest of us carried on and were rewarded for our patience by finally being put into and fairly consistently staying in the U.S. servers for the rest of the night.
   Once or twice here and there is one thing... but with it taking up to two minutes (which is standard and has been for a long time) to even find a lobby on each try, this can really add up to a lot of time between matches.
   With one person playing on a far away server, the ping is generally acceptable, but when a group of two or more are with you and put into a far away server, the pings go whacky and makes for a weird, laggy game for everyone involved. I have tried playing on far away servers by myself many times with friends that call those servers local and the game is playable like this... and quite a few times with a number of friends in a group... and the whacky pings from the group make for strange and frustrating games for all involved... This is just what I have observed anyway.
   Do not get me wrong... I am not complaining about the time it takes to find a lobby in the first place... but rather the frequency in which a group is thrown into far away servers. My friends talk about this happening quite a bit when they are not playing in a match with me as well... so it is not just me.
   I just thought you should be made aware of this.

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

the more I think about it they should have put in a gameplay mechanic cool where you could throw knives at the wheels making driving much more difficult.

This would be interesting... but it can be difficult to hit a specific target like the wheels with a throwing knife. Even if specific hit boxes... like head shots, leg shots or arm shots... was in the game... trying to get that head shot would be very difficult even at short range... it is nice enough just to hit them.
   I think most Jason players would end up wasting more knives trying to hit the wheels than would be worth it anyway... but it would be an interesting way to slow the car down, or perhaps even cause the driver to crash.

I just got stun locked as Jason. Couldn't move in any direction and shift kept me in place. Tried to morph into water to reset but it kept putting me on shore. This was on Higgens Haven (large).

Next time you get interaction locked try this:

As counselor: Drop an item and pick it back up. If that doesn't work the only way to fix it (unfortunately) is to get grabbed by Jason.

As Jason: tap r1 a few times. If that doesn't work morph to the lake.