Why is it that when a counsellor is in mid-animation they are completely invulnerable to any attacks, but when Jason is in mid-animation he is complete open to any and all attacks? Where's the logic in this?

10 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Why is it that when a counsellor is in mid-animation they are completely invulnerable to any attacks, but when Jason is in mid-animation he is complete open to any and all attacks? Where's the logic in this?

Just the way it is, man. No different really than stun, Jason never stuns a Counselor but if he could it would make it less fun to hunt them. 

Edit - the length of the protection after climbing through a window does annoy me as Jason, as a Counselor I’d just get in sooner.

The best is when you accidentally jump out a window and you are lying next to Jason assuming death is next, and he hits the grab too soon and you run away.. 😂 I feel bad every time that happens. Like sorry bro, I'm out though! haha

22 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

There is no logic in it...  This is one of my biggest issues with Counselor Vs Jason as whole for years.

I can only assume it was left like this so counselors can use dance emotes..  

I do think counselors should instantly drop their weapons (or anything in their hands) if Jason lands a melee attack.   

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I do think counselors should instantly drop their weapons (or anything in their hands) if Jason lands a melee attack.

To far, maybe a heavy in combat stance but not on every swing. 

As for the emotes thing, you ever get sick of picking that scab? I don’t see very many now, and when I do they seem to fit.

15 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

To far, maybe a heavy in combat stance but not on every swing. 

I say every swing... That's just me tho.    Makes zero sense that any of these counselors can take any hit from Jason and still hold on to anything.. let along instantly swing back at Jason Or still connect with a swing after being hit by Jason.

Im not in charge of this game.  But believe me, if I was id flip this entire game upside down.

Id buff counselors in terms of stealth and nerf them to the ground in terms of combat.   Id buff Jason in all combat situations and nerf Jasons speed and ability to easily find counselors.

But I guess it is what it is..

• Thanks 3

For some animations counselors should be invulnerable as should Jason. I have no problem with the window safe zone (other then the length of safety needing shortened). Also Jason is invulnerable during the car grab animation. I think he should be during some others as well (power box smash, knife collection, among others). I guess overall I think the counselor side of this is (mostly) fine. Jason's end of this needs some work though.

8 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

For some animations counselors should be invulnerable as should Jason. I have no problem with the window safe zone (other then the length of safety needing shortened). Also Jason is invulnerable during the car grab animation. I think he should be during some others as well (power box smash, knife collection, among others). I guess overall I think the counselor side of this is (mostly) fine. Jason's end of this needs some work though.

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I say every swing... That's just me tho.    Makes zero sense that any of these counselors can take any hit from Jason and still hold on to anything.. let along instantly swing back at Jason Or still connect with a swing after being hit by Jason.

Im not in charge of this game.  But believe me, if I was id flip this entire game upside down.

Id buff counselors in terms of stealth and nerf them to the ground in terms of combat.   Id buff Jason in all combat situations and nerf Jasons speed and ability to easily find counselors.

But I guess it is what it is..

Agreed with the part on nerfing Jason’s ability to find counselors. He senses people too easily. 

12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Agreed with the part on nerfing Jason’s ability to find counselors. He senses people too easily. 

Not really. It is often difficult to track down the last survivor. 

12 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

So far you have suggested nerfing his grab and now sense. Any other nerfs to his abilities you think they need to do? Maybe they should take his weapon away as well so he won’t be able to slash. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

So far you have suggested nerfing his grab and now sense. Any other nerfs to his abilities you think they need to do? Maybe they should take his weapon away as well so he won’t be able to slash. 

Nerfing his sense ability would make sense if you are trying to shift the meta towards more hiding then fighting. 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, Thrasher said:

Sometimes, this can work to your benefit. By now everyone knows that if a counselor dives through a window, it basically means "free hit with a throwing knife", but if you delay throwing until just before they are able to move again, you can hit them with the knife and then hit X (on PS4) to break the window, basically giving you two free hits everytime they window-dive. Of course, this obviously only works if the window is open and unbroken  when the dive through it.

8 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Nerfing in terms of making it harder to find so called stealthy characters. If a counselor is supposed to be stealthy they should be harder to find. Of course counselors that have low stealth should be able to get sensed easily. But this stealth stat doesn’t really work that great for at least half of the game. Even when running stealth perks if Jason hits rage he’s going to be able to find you, making the stealth stat somewhat bs. Personally, I think if you’re using a stealth character at least 9-10 shouldn’t ever glow up red. Only thing that should glow red is houses or cabins they go inside so they’re not completely undetectable. 

8 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Not really. It is often difficult to track down the last survivor. 

Not at all. By that time Jason will probably have rage and easily find anyone if they’re 10/10 stealth or not. It would only be difficult to locate the last survivor in a large map like Pinehurst 

Making the 9-10 stealth characters undetectable by sense is a bit too far. Part of the problem is none of us actually know (in terms of raw numbers) how stealth and composure effect sense. If I were designing it each point of stealth and each point of composure would add a small percentage to sense avoidance. Say 5% for each point of composure and 3% for each point of stealth. This is of course a rough idea but I think the fundamentals are there.

34 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Making the 9-10 stealth characters undetectable by sense is a bit too far. Part of the problem is none of us actually know (in terms of raw numbers) how stealth and composure effect sense. If I were designing it each point of stealth and each point of composure would add a small percentage to sense avoidance. Say 5% for each point of composure and 3% for each point of stealth. This is of course a rough idea but I think the fundamentals are there.

They wouldn’t be completely undectable. The cabins and houses they go in would still glow up red. But then again counselors with 9-10 stealth could just hide out somewhere all game. So, maybe it’s a bit too far now that I think more about it. Maybe if they could just shorten the range of sense and make the percentage higher to avoid detection for stealthy characters.