That explained what happened to me in a gameplay some days ago. I was wondering how the hell they did that to me when I was playing Jason. They knocked the mask off with one hit and suddenly he was down like this instantly. I could really care less if players do that to me when I'm playing Jason as long as they are playing fairly but I honestly think this Jason takedown thing needs to go all together. It's all people want to do since it's so easy now and very rarely do you run into players that want to focus on the gameplay of escaping and helping as a team. The Dancing Emotes were already ridiculous enough but now this. They need to change this whole formula because trolls are still running around exploiting glitches in the system and running free with no threat of being banned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

I don’t know what I’m talking about? Please enlighten me ...

if someone is a good Jason I highly doubt this bug has happened to them enough to complain about it. Unless we have completely different views on what is considered a good Jason.

The fact he’s easier to kill is a good thing imo. If he can’t be melee stunned post rage, being easier to kill is a good trade off. After all, he was defeated in every movie so killing him shouldn’t be that rare of a thing. Just take some extra measures to decrease the chance of being killed & you should be fine in most games.

The point of the Rage buff was to end the pinata-bitch dog collar that the first Dev team stuck on him. How is making him EASIER to kill a good trade-off to fixing a mistake that shouldn't have happened to begin with?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

It sounds like a lot of people need more practice playing as Jason ... I’m very rarely killed playing as Jason (although it does happen) you can stop a lot of kill squads from ever getting started if you know what ur doing. Sounds like people should spend more time playing & less time complaining & you’d avoid this situation in most cases.

Sure a noob kill squad you will survive against most of the time. A highly skilled kill squad and you are dead 90% of the time. IT has been proven on here time and time a gain. New guy joins forum, says hes never been killed. Gets challanged by some good players and he dies. Maybe he puts up a good fight, but he dies. You will die. Jason is still weak against the kill. End of story.

• Like 2

I say trade the rage buff for letting Jason know where the Tommy radio house is on his map from the start.He knows where everything else is BUT that which kinda doesn't make sense in a way. I don't think that would make him too OP either. I know the counselors would just adapt and tank or pocket knife all the traps Jason would set at that power box.However that would give Jason some opportunity to thin the heard some.He still can't be 2 places at once. Maybe my suggestion isn't all that great  it still doesn't solve the piñata party problem. I have studied most of the maps and I can get the radio power out first about 75% of the time and it curbs the kill squads in my experience. The Jarvis and Pinehurst maps I still have trouble nailing down where the power box is.

Yeah, uh, this shit needs to get gone, fast.

15 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@thrawn3054

The issue is ......That they are stunning Jason to the ground........and as the Jason player is mashing the button prompt to get out the ground stun........they then use the sweater.....which then initiates the resist sweater stun bar.....Tommy then hits Jason on the ground to bring him to his knees ........again resetting his stun Bar negating any ability to fight off the sweater stun......it seems like a problem to me....the ability to almost keep him in a stun lock while killing him is definitely not how the game is supposed to work.

Yeah that's multiple stun bars resetting back to full consecutively. Hell, not even a macro could get you out of this.

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2019 at 9:07 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah, uh, this shit needs to get gone, fast.

Yeah that's multiple stun bars resetting back to full consecutively. Hell, not even a macro could get you out of this.

Agreed! It completely takes away Jasons ability to fight back if the kill has been initiated......and as @CountYorgaVampir has already pointed out if they have all they need for the kill and then shotgun his mask off you will be able to be killed from that one stun alone practically.... as this bug can allows Jason to be locked in a stackable stun.

pitchfork out !!! J/k lol 😂  but yes it definitely needs fixed.

3EDB480E-4DDB-4413-BBCC-9CC29D940E98.jpeg

Edited by OCT 31 1978

On 2/15/2019 at 10:46 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

How about a generous increase in HP while you're at it?

Why don't erase the Jason killings alltogether?

Just now, Sir Jack said:

Why don't erase the Jason killings alltogether?

Jason needs to be killable, that was decided very early in the games development. The catch is that it was intended to be very difficult and rare to accomplish. Now, it's possible to kill Jason about every 4-5 games instead of once every 70+ as originally intended.

I'd get off the killing completely. Jason never actually died in the movies.
Maybe only part 4  should be killable. I also feel the counselors should get injured after only one slash by Jason.
Irl, if a 7 feet tall giant slashes me with a machete , he one shots me. That's just common sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sir Jack said:

Irl, if a 7 feet tall giant slashes me with a machete , he one shots me. That's just common sense.

I agree to an extent.  Keeping in mind this is a game, I'm ok with a few strikes before death.  On the same token, I am 100% against use of Thick Skinned.  Risk/reward isn't very high when you have training wheels on.  It takes away from the tension and fear of being attacked by "a blood-thirsty demon who's stalking the street, I hack up my victims like pieces of meat!"

1 minute ago, Sir Jack said:

I'd get off the killing completely. Jason never actually died in the movies.
Maybe only part 4  should be killable. I also feel the counselors should get injured after only one slash by Jason.

Maybe, but if that were the case nobody would ever die in this game because 10 seconds after the round begins the cops would be on their way and the counselors would be hauling ass in their cars that conveniently still have gas and batteries in them. I know a lot of people make fun of the looting and repair aspects of the game, but it's a game based on a series of movies where teenagers fuck like rabbits and die like dogs, what were they supposed to do; make Jason count to 100 while everybody else hides? 

IMHO counselors shouldn't have the means to defend themselves against a Demon killer. THis game should be kind of an endurance one, how much time can you resist before the inevitable death?

On 2/16/2019 at 12:45 PM, makred78 said:

From what I'm reading in your comment Matt, I'm not sure if you guys are aware of how easy and quick those "significant amount of things" can be lined up by dedicated kill squads to begin with. I mean, I often watch streams made by one of these groups and they are able to get a Jason kill 7-8 times out of 10 in average by following the same routine. Most of the time that those guys will fail to do so is due to when a) the player that came back as Tommy is some random person not part of their group and he doesn't know what he's doing or b) when the hit to kneel Jason down glitches and fails to do so. And like I said they can get the thing in motion relatively fast too, many of those kills happen before rage is even close to kick in. Now add to this the kind of bug shown in that youtube video and I can definitely see why some ppl are really upset about this.

We are, it's not that I'm saying that it isn't easy for some kill squads to line up the items. The point I'm making is the bug shown here is removing the defenses for Jason once those things line up, yes, but it isn't making squads that couldn't kill Jason before suddenly able to. This is a serious bug, and the team was on top of investigating this before this thread ever started, but I do have to try and keep perspective here.

Does it need to be fixed? Yes, absolutely.

Is it already being worked on? Yes, absolutely.

But try to keep perspective on this. It is not a bug eliminating the need for the sweater or a bug making any player able to drop Jason instead of needing Tommy. It is a bug that speeds up the process, and limits Jason's defenses while the process is in motion. Defenses which are already somewhat thin when facing a group that has already completed all the previous steps. This issue, while still a very serious issue that needs a fix, is not creating endless amounts of dead Jason's. 

Also, just a note, you said "the hit to kneel Jason down glitches out..." and I wanted to specify something here. That kneeling hit is still subject to the stun attributes of the weapon you are using. So saying it glitches out would require me to know what weapon you were using to verify if it was a glitch or just a bad % chance on the weapon. This is why we recommend the baseball bat a lot.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Thanks for the response and explanation, I appreciate it Matt.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Also, just a note, you said "the hit to kneel Jason down glitches out..." and I wanted to specify something here. That kneeling hit is still subject to the stun attributes of the weapon you are using. So saying it glitches out would require me to know what weapon you were using to verify if it was a glitch or just a bad % chance on the weapon. This is why we recommend the baseball bat a lot.

Not really mate, there are times when you can hit Jason with the bat 4-5 times and Jason still will not go on his knees. Or even 2-3 charged axe strikes.

Anyway, I've tried this one.
You should not fret because this shotgun method fails more times than it works. at least on steam. I've tried it 6 times in private matches yesterday and I've only completed the kill 2 times, the other 4 times Jason would simply sit up after the axe blow.
Try it yourselves if you don't believe me. It's not a reliable way to kill Jason and I wouldn't try it in real matches unless I'm absolutely cornered (IE: I'm Jarvis, Sweater girl is alive, everybody else is dead, Jason is raging and focusing on us, nothing is fixed and we can't find a baseball bat)

Honestly I play alot and Ive never seen this particular glitch/exploit. Makes me wonder what else is out there undiscovered. Do newly discovered glitches/exploits count as new content? Im gonna phone cunningham and miller.

This explains how I was killed yesterday while I was in rage,  I’m a very good Jason (probably going on 2500 times as him) I have been killed here and there as it’s unavoidable if you have been Jason as much as I’ve been,  I thought it was weird that my stun bar came up twice, and nobody had a shotgun , both myself and a friend got killed back to back in 2 games while in rage, no shotgun , I knew something was wrong whe I saw that bar more than once,  now I’m mad that I was a good sport to the guys who did it.

3 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

This explains how I was killed yesterday while I was in rage,  I’m a very good Jason (probably going on 2500 times as him) I have been killed here and there as it’s unavoidable if you have been Jason as much as I’ve been,  I thought it was weird that my stun bar came up twice, and nobody had a shotgun , both myself and a friend got killed back to back in 2 games while in rage, no shotgun , I knew something was wrong whe I saw that bar more than once,  now I’m mad that I was a good sport to the guys who did it.

Probably not unless you got killed by the two guys in the video. I bet there's only 10 people in the world that know how to do that. Half of them including myself have never done it in a QP lobby. Can't speak for everyone though. It's a parlor trick in all honesty. The Jason is already dead if they're that close to him anyway. It's just a fancy way of getting the kill...

No one ever said you can't die in rage mode. That was a glitch and unfortunately for your Jason, they patched it out awhile ago.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, mattshotcha said:

The team already has these videos and is investigating.

But before we all get too upset, you still need to have the sweater, have Tommy, have the mask off, and follow the same steps. They're just running through the steps quicker, particularly by being able to kneel him before he recovers from the stun (assuming you've got all these parameters in a row before Rage or before you're out of shotguns). This is unintended, but it still requires a significant amount of things to line up. 

That said, if anyone has further details than these videos provide, please do send them over. 

Both myself and a friend go killed in rage yesterday. No shotgun, both of us had the two stun bars which made zero sense to me at the time, even the animation seemed like it was off.

1 minute ago, NytmereZ said:

Both myself and a friend go killed in rage yesterday. No shotgun, both of us had the two stun bars which made zero sense to me at the time, even the animation seemed like it was off.

When they sweater stun you the "resist" bar comes up. When they hit you to drop you to your knees the "resist" bar resets itself. If they do it fast enough it looks like it's only one bar. I'm sure that's what you were experiencing.

Totally legit kills....

16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Probably not unless you got killed by the two guys in the video. I bet there's only 10 people in the world that know how to do that. Half of them including myself have never done it in a QP lobby. Can't speak for everyone though. It's a parlor trick in all honesty. The Jason is already dead if they're that close to him anyway. It's just a fancy way of getting the kill...

No one ever said you can't die in rage mode. That was a glitch and unfortunately for your Jason, they patched it out awhile ago.

UM...No,   I was killed exactly like the video , I probably have ove 2000 plays as Jason, so I’ve seen everything , you must be one of those people I talk about below, haha, do you really think the players in that video are the only people who can do that? LOL!  Killing Jason is no masterful feat it’s funny how grown adults pride themself on something a 5 year old could do, I could care less about being killed in a video game,  another funny thing is how the people who kill you in the game get mad at you if you don’t get mad when they kill you,  I guess they have nothing better in their lives LOL! Regardless , like a stated before I don’t care about losing on a video game, I play it for fun, but my fun is ruined when I play against cheaters, and there are allot of them in this game.

2 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I’m no I was killed exactly like the video , do you really think the players in that video are the only people who can do that? LOL!  Killing Jason is no masterful feat it’s funny how grown adults pride themself on something a 5 year old could do, I could care less about being killed in a video game,  another funny thing is how the people who kill you in the game get mad at you if you don’t get mad when they kill you,  I guess they have nothing better in their lives LOL! Regardless , like a stated before I don’t care about losing on a video game, I play it for fun, but my fun is ruined when I play against cheaters, and there are allot of them in this game.

Considering I only figured the shotgun way less than a month ago I'd say there aren't too many people that know how to do it just yet. I don't know the people in the video personally, but they're friends of the only person that I've told about it. I think it's safe to say isn't exactly a critical game breaking issue just yet.

6 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I’m no I was killed exactly like the video , 

Really that's not what you said a bit ago...

31 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

, both myself and a friend got killed back to back in 2 games while in rage, no shotgun ,

^^^^see

17 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I’m no I was killed exactly like the video , do you really think the players in that video are the only people who can do that? LOL!  Killing Jason is no masterful feat it’s funny how grown adults pride themself on something a 5 year old could do, I could care less about being killed in a video game,  another funny thing is how the people who kill you in the game get mad at you if you don’t get mad when they kill you,  I guess they have nothing better in their lives LOL! Regardless , like a stated before I don’t care about losing on a video game, I play it for fun, but my fun is ruined when I play against cheaters, and there are allot of them in this game.

20 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

When they sweater stun you the "resist" bar comes up. When they hit you to drop you to your knees the "resist" bar resets itself. If they do it fast enough it looks like it's only one bar. I'm sure that's what you were experiencing.

Totally legit kills....

I’m not going to argue with a know it all, just because a shot wasn’t used has nothing to do with the glitch that was performed, the same messed up thing happened to 2 people who are very good at this game in a row..... well so long I have a business to run and a life to get on with, dont have any more time to talk about a video game.....  goodbye mr. “10 people in the world LOL!!!!!!”   Pathetic