Jdt827

Idea to own counselor rage quitters once and for all

If You rage quit in Jason’s grip, you die, he gets the kill. And you die a massive joke. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jdt827 said:

If You rage quit in Jason’s grip, you die, he gets the kill. And you die a massive joke. 

What’s the idea? I don’t understand the point of this thread.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

What’s the idea? I don’t understand the point of this thread.

What do you mean? The idea is if you leave the game in Jason’s grip (as 50% of players do) he should get credit for the kill. Literally counselors will leave the second Jason grabs them. If the rage quit cuz they know they are about to die, he deserves the kill credit.  

56 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

What do you mean? The idea is if you leave the game in Jason’s grip (as 50% of players do) he should get credit for the kill. Literally counselors will leave the second Jason grabs them. If the rage quit cuz they know they are about to die, he deserves the kill credit.  

This has been discussed before, and I still think it would be a nice idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sure give Jason a kill credit, but didn’t they fix it so you got the XP if you had already started the kill, I thought that was already a thing?

I will admit I haven’t payed attention to XP in a while and the score is only of cursory interest. I’m still neutral about the joke part but then I figure, most trolls care even less about it than I do. 

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Sure give Jason a kill credit, but didn’t they fix it so you got the XP if you had already started the kill, I thought that was already a thing?

I will admit I haven’t payed attention to XP in a while and the score is only of cursory interest. I’m still neutral about the joke part but then I figure, most trolls care even less about it than I do. 

I’m not sure about the XP, but the kill itself should apply if they quit during grab. Otherwise it’ll show they left the game and Jason got 6/7

3 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

I’m not sure about the XP, but the kill itself should apply if they quit during grab. Otherwise it’ll show they left the game and Jason got 6/7

Yeah now that I understand which part of it you’re talking about Jason should get the kill, but then I think he should get the kill if you rag doll anywhere, it’s a body in Crystal Lake, Jason probably did it. Not including suicide as it serves the purpose of keeping suicider’s from coming back as Tommy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah now that I understand which part of it you’re talking about Jason should get the kill, but then I think he should get the kill if you rag doll anywhere, it’s a body in Crystal Lake, Jason probably did it. Not including suicide as it serves the purpose of keeping suicider’s from coming back as Tommy.

Agree!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think he should get the kill if you rag doll anywhere, it’s a body in Crystal Lake, Jason probably did it.

I have to agree.... There is only one reason there has not been a single litter bug in Crystal Lake for 38 years.

Yes indeed you get the kill if you started the animation. I had one of these the other night early in the match. Missed a shift grab and was chasing behind a guy. He passed the first cabin door to go around to the back side. I stopped and opened that door, continued around and broke a window. Noticed he just got in and locked that door, so I went back towards the one I opened. He had to open the inside door to get to front and i timed the grab perfectly just as he got to front door. I slammed is limp dead quitter body in the door with a big smile on my face. 😀. I have seen some get the quit off while still in the grab animation though too. I dont really play for points anymore so its a kill to me, but i can see some that are still grinding being a little pissed they miss out on the 100xp..

• Like 1

What Gun should do is take out the leave match option. Beyond that set up a sprite D/C that takes a minute once the player leaves (meaning if I leave, the Chad sprite I'm playing will just stand still and not flop to the ground.) This will give Jason's the time to break down a door and the satisfaction of seeing the kill. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

...Beyond that set up a sprite D/C that takes a minute once the player leaves (meaning if I leave, the Chad sprite I'm playing will just stand still and not flop to the ground.) This will give Jason's the time to break down a door and the satisfaction of seeing the kill. 

^ This is similar to what I came here to post. I don't think it should just be there for a minute, though -- leave the motionless counselor there the entire rest of the match until Jason kills it. If a player quits at any point -- during a grab or not -- or is kicked for being idle, then the game still maintains the motionless shell of a counselor, which Jason must kill. That way, Jason always has seven counselors (eight if Tommy comes) to take out every match (suicide or vehicular betrayal aside). In fact, quitters and idlers would give Jason a better chance at taking the remaining shell counselor to a nice environmental kill, which could be a nice consolation for Jason when people quit. Of course, ideally, the game would switch the counselor to an AI bot, but since that may prove harder to do, I'd happily accept a motionless counselor to kill instead.

The "salt mines" system was supposed to address this, but it never seemed to be implemented (or actually work) anyway. I am a model player and never rage quit (my game play is streamed to/stored to on YouTube to show that), and yet I'm with rage quitters, idlers, suiciders, etc. regularly. I suppose the (PC) player base is too small to avoid them. In any event, we need another solution.

19 minutes ago, phaserbrain said:

^ This is similar to what I came here to post. I don't think it should just be there for a minute, though -- leave the motionless counselor there the entire rest of the match until Jason kills it. If a player quits at any point -- during a grab or not -- or is kicked for being idle, then the game still maintains the motionless shell of a counselor, which Jason must kill. That way, Jason always has seven counselors (eight if Tommy comes) to take out every match (suicide or vehicular betrayal aside). In fact, quitters and idlers would give Jason a better chance at taking the remaining shell counselor to a nice environmental kill, which could be a nice consolation for Jason when people quit. Of course, ideally, the game would switch the counselor to an AI bot, but since that may prove harder to do, I'd happily accept a motionless counselor to kill instead.

The "salt mines" system was supposed to address this, but it never seemed to be implemented (or actually work) anyway. I am a model player and never rage quit (my game play is streamed to/stored to on YouTube to show that), and yet I'm with rage quitters, idlers, suiciders, etc. regularly. I suppose the (PC) player base is too small to avoid them. In any event, we need another solution.

The problem with the rest of match is that Jason may not even find them until he hits rage. Maybe a medium could be met, in that the counselor sprite stays up the entire match until all non idle counselors are dead and you have a minute at that point. That way Jason could get his kills and we are less likely to be stuck in a lobby as Jason plods about looking for that last idle sprite.

As far as the salt mines, after dedicated servers the salt mines were sadly abandoned. All you can do now is report quitters and such and hope for the best. 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:00 AM, Risinggrave said:

The problem with the rest of match is that Jason may not even find them until he hits rage. Maybe a medium could be met, in that the counselor sprite stays up the entire match until all non idle counselors are dead and you have a minute at that point. That way Jason could get his kills and we are less likely to be stuck in a lobby as Jason plods about looking for that last idle sprite.

As far as the salt mines, after dedicated servers the salt mines were sadly abandoned. All you can do now is report quitters and such and hope for the best. 

I like this idea... you still have to take the time go and kill the idle sprite anyway. Not sure how much of an issue this would be to pull off... But I think it is a good idea.

Also... they did say in one of the streams that the salt mines were indeed abandoned... but they also mentioned they were still keeping track of "salt". I am falling behind on watching their streams and need to get caught up... I will work on that this week.

@mattshotcha  I am seeing a few people in matches quitting when not selected as Jason... I can say this because in the past, I have seen these same people doing it and asked them about it when I have seen them again... and several of them confirmed my suspicion as to why they were quitting like that. Of course, I cannot confirm this is the reason for anybody that I have not spoken with, nor for those who have not confirmed it for me... But there are still people doing it.
    Does the Jason selection ticket system include a match as counselor if they quit?... If so... then may I suggest it should be changed to only counting a counselor match if they played out their game without quitting or committing suicide?... Disconnections should not count for this either in my opinion... as this would become the go to method if this were to be implemented. 
    People should still be able to leave after legitimately dying or escaping without penalty though... There are still many players who simply do not like to spectate until the end of a match before they can play again.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:32 PM, Risinggrave said:

What Gun should do is take out the leave match option.

The option to leave a match should still be left in... Allow me to explain.... Many people get frustrated with "teamers" or just people being "toxic" in game... This is still a good option to keep the frustration of these people to a minimum so they can go find another match with "nicer" people to play the game with.
   Either way... if it was taken out... disconnecting from the internet makes it easy to leave a match and is hard to prove if it was done intentionally... So these types of people would still be leaving anyway... They would just be using a different method.
   Most of the time I play... I am with one or more friends and cannot leave early even if I wanted to. But there have been a few times that the majority of my friends in a lobby asked me to leave a match so we could all get out of there and away from some ignorant troll... and what kind of person would I be if I cannot help friends when they ask?

Just make the option to quit only available when you're dead. Make them have to close the game altogether.

Edited by F134Ever86

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

I like this idea... you still have to take the time go and kill the idle sprite anyway. Not sure how much of an issue this would be to pull off... But I think it is a good idea.

Also... they did say in one of the streams that the salt mines were indeed abandoned... but they also mentioned they were still keeping track of "salt". I am falling behind on watching their streams and need to get caught up... I will work on that this week.

Glad you like it. I'm also not sure how hard it would be, but if possible, it would be a nice morale boost. Seeing Jason being so dedicated to the kill that he performs it on the air while the counselor lay at his feet is sorta heartbreaking.

Keeping track of salt? Oh man! I hope some ban hammers fall! 

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

The option to leave a match should still be left in... Allow me to explain.... Many people get frustrated with "teamers" or just people being "toxic" in game... This is still a good option to keep the frustration of these people to a minimum so they can go find another match with "nicer" people to play the game with.
   Either way... if it was taken out... disconnecting from the internet makes it easy to leave a match and is hard to prove if it was done intentionally... So these types of people would still be leaving anyway... They would just be using a different method.
   Most of the time I play... I am with one or more friends and cannot leave early even if I wanted to. But there have been a few times that the majority of my friends in a lobby asked me to leave a match so we could all get out of there and away from some ignorant troll... and what kind of person would I be if I cannot help friends when they ask?

I get teamers being an issue, and toxic people. I just feel that if you want to leave it shouldn't be an option on the menu. The time it takes to leave the game in other ways may also buy a Jason enough time to get the kill off. 

I think a system that doesn't let you play in QP for an allotted time (that escalates with each instance) after a D/C, quit or what have you would be better. Sure, some folks would get booted due to no fault of their own, but if the initial instance was say 30 minutes, no harm. When it's the third or fifth time in a day (because you are not Jason, or too weak to take a loss or whatnot) and you have a two (or more) hour wait it would make QP a nicer place without the garbage people.

20 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Seeing Jason being so dedicated to the kill that he performs it on the air while the counselor lay at his feet is sorta heartbreaking.

I agree, it is heartbreaking.... but you have to admit, the man is extremely dedicated... and I admire dedication.

Keeping track of salt? Oh man! I hope some ban hammers fall! 

Hard to say with the ban hammers on that one... but it is in the bannable offences list... Here is a copy and paste of it...

(xiii) Logging out or exiting the Service during live game-play. We may track this data over time and issue a temporary ban when a user is determined to have left mid-game too many times. The length of the temporary ban will increase over time if a particular account continues to leave live game play

Other games do ban for this kind of thing... but I would hate to see people get banned that only do this occasionally and for a good or at least legitimate reason.

I think a system that doesn't let you play in QP for an allotted time (that escalates with each instance) after a D/C, quit or what have you would be better.

This does sound like what the rule above states... but they do not tell us details about bans... so we may never know... unless we quit too much ourselves... Personally, I can go without this experiment myself... I am not a quitter anyway and do not want to become one to confirm or debunk anything.

I am in no way against this being enforced... I just do not want to see good people punished because they do not want to put up with the stress of playing with assholes... There are a lot of them out there after all.

On 2/18/2019 at 2:57 PM, F134Ever86 said:

Just make the option to quit only available when you're dead. Make them have to close the game altogether.

Players with a genuine emergency can't be expected to die before leaving the game to deal with said emergency..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Lol stop being a bunch of sweaty tryhards. Who cares if you get 2 kills or 8, so long as all the counselors are dead at the end of a match? You're not getting good practice against most QP lobbies anyway. So if you're looking to hone your skills, you might try private matches against some friends. Even the bots will do for things like practice with throwing knives, locating the Tommy box, or seeing how fast you can take control of objectives. 

Also you can try to take advantage of the "double header" glitch that hasn't been fixed yet. Right after your Jason match finishes, change your Jason, change your weapon, OR change your Jasons skin for a highly increased chance at back to back Jason matches. (Doesn't always work but more often than not, it does)

^^sorry for making light of that^^ for people that didn't know...

(Not really 😏)

😎

This also applies to Jason, I have a plethora of videos where Jason rage quits when almost dead. This is especially true for level 150 Jasons.

In both cases, counselors and Jasons, the animation should finish and the XP be awarded anyway even if you quit. I am not sure how technically difficult this is but in DBD when the killer disconnects you get your victory BP, at least on PC

• Like 1

I final got to rage quit against teamers after running them around for fifteen minutes, the only damage I took was self inflicted. Well the car got my Mitch but I don’t really count that as I hadn’t figured out they were teamers at that point. It was fun to lead them all over Higgins then hide under a bed and disappear. I imagine it took them a minute to figure out where I went. 

I don’t encourage people to disconnect but am willing to make an exception if it pisses off teamers. 

9 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I final got to rage quit against teamers after running them around for fifteen minutes, the only damage I took was self inflicted. Well the car got my Mitch but I don’t really count that as I hadn’t figured out they were teamers at that point. It was fun to lead them all over Higgins then hide under a bed and disappear. I imagine it took them a minute to figure out where I went. 

I don’t encourage people to disconnect but am willing to make an exception if it pisses off teamers. 

Yeah, I never thought I'd start doing it, but I have lately.  Especially since I hit level 150 and don't care about XP anymore.  Sometimes it's your only recourse against Jason teamers or Jasons that want to focus just a little too much on you and bypass their stupid friends or whatever.  If people played the game fair and right it wouldn't happen.  That's the only time when quitting is acceptable though.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 8:45 PM, Fair Play said:

Players with a genuine emergency can't be expected to die before leaving the game to deal with said emergency..

I had one of those not long ago. Pipes bursting and causing a flood does seem to count under "emergency".

Also.... the beer delivery guy shows up mid game... for me at least, this qualifies as an emergency.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

I had one of those not long ago. Pipes bursting and causing a flood does seem to count under "emergency".

Also.... the beer delivery guy shows up mid game... for me at least, this qualifies as an emergency.

I hope the pipe burst didn't cause much damage.

I totally agree that a beer delivery could be considered an emergency. I'm sure there are a few others here that would agree.

• Like 2