Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Friday_Queen

Map/lobby suggestions

Recommended Posts

I feel these are good suggestions and feedback for the game.

 

• Putting a map voting option in the lobby to vote on maps. I seem to always get into lobbies where they won’t pick a map and it’s always on random. I know what everyone is going to say BUT just hear me out. I feel it’s a good option because majority of people don’t like certain maps and prefer certain maps. I love packanack, Packanack small and crystal lake small as my preferred map choices. No one wants to sit for 3 minutes waiting on a map that will be a crappy one like Jarvis house or pinehurst. As well as waiting for the lobby to fill up with people coming and going if they don’t like the random map choice. It’s time consuming.

• Also being able to kick players for cheating or shit talking. Being harassed doesn’t make the game fun if I have to keep lobby hopping and just keep encountering foul people in every lobby and they won’t stop or leave the lobby, forcing me to leave and finding other lobbies and possibly another shit talker or cheater. Please put an option in to vote players out so it can be a better and fun game experience, especially if I’m the host of the lobby so I can keep a clean, fun lobby 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

No one wants to sit for 3 minutes waiting on a map that will be a crappy one like Jarvis house or pinehurst.

Hey, I like both those maps.

As a shit talker who gets friend requests from the Jason’s I shit talk the hardest or Counselors I make uncomfortable, I don’t think I should be put in the same category as cheaters. If you’re talking about people yelling racist shit or homophobic crap, then I guess it’s ok if they’re put with the cheaters. 

Telling jason how to use Stalk to shift into a cabin a head of me after he wastes it on the run to said cabin, or telling Counselors I’m going to use their body to kill the next person who comes near the objective, is just for fun and it is fun for them too. I always refer to the Counselor or Jason in my shit talking and don’t go after their gamer tag so maybe I’m not who you mean. 

Someone mentioned patronizing people to make them feel bad in another thread, this never my intent but I do want better opponents so telling them how to play serves two purposes, I get to shit talk and they get to get better if they listen. Lol

Sorry, I’m sure you wanted serious responses but this is all I got. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Friday_Queen

Those are interesting suggestions. I'm curious what happens if four people vote on one map and the other four vote for another map. How do you break the tie? I've seen people who talk it out in the lobby and come to a majority vote sometimes. I've also seen players in a lobby let each person choose a map in rotation.

As far as kicking people out of lobbies, that would eventually get abused. There would eventually be players who just jump on to kick people out of lobbies for no reason at all, other than to do it.

I'm not sure if either option is doable, with the "no new content" clause.

I do wish you the best of luck in finding the fun, clean lobbies you seek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

I feel these are good suggestions and feedback for the game.

 

• Putting a map voting option in the lobby to vote on maps. I seem to always get into lobbies where they won’t pick a map and it’s always on random. I know what everyone is going to say BUT just hear me out. I feel it’s a good option because majority of people don’t like certain maps and prefer certain maps. I love packanack, Packanack small and crystal lake small as my preferred map choices. No one wants to sit for 3 minutes waiting on a map that will be a crappy one like Jarvis house or pinehurst. As well as waiting for the lobby to fill up with people coming and going if they don’t like the random map choice. It’s time consuming.

• Also being able to kick players for cheating or shit talking. Being harassed doesn’t make the game fun if I have to keep lobby hopping and just keep encountering foul people in every lobby and they won’t stop or leave the lobby, forcing me to leave and finding other lobbies and possibly another shit talker or cheater. Please put an option in to vote players out so it can be a better and fun game experience, especially if I’m the host of the lobby so I can keep a clean, fun lobby 😊

1.) Host should be able to pick the map.  I personally hate small maps.  So when im host I simply cycle through maps and leave small out.  I want nothing to do with small maps.  If I join a lobby where the host picks a small map.  I just leave.

 

2.)  Vote kicks in a game like this can only lead to vote kick spam by angry children/trolls

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha, So the other day I was mucking about in SPC’s and thinking that a few of the maps are big enough and unique enough that playing them in multiplayer would be fun. I’m hoping you’d bring it up, the more I think about it the more it seems like it could be a good idea. It isn’t new content, at least not as I understand it. I know it’s asking a lot to have you bring up something that doesn’t really add anything but I think for the players who have done the regular versions of the maps thousands of times, it would feel new. 

I hope it’s one of the ideas already under discussion, that would be awesome. There aren’t that many that could be brought over, so doing them one at a time would be best and give us all possibilities to hope for.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Slasher_Clone, very good idea! That would be awesome if they could do this.

Thanks for the comments guys.

12 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

It's not new content after all and a missed opportunity if not utilized.

I don’t think it’s new content, I very much hope not but I am prepared to hear that it is.

If anyone else is interested, leave a comment (I appreciate the hearts on Valentines but they’re not necessary), comments are necessary though as they show Matt how much or little we all think about it. 

Tell us which map would be your most wanted. A mini Pinehurst was requested in the 2nd episode of Beyond, I know this isn’t what they wanted but it could be a good substitute. I actually think it would be one hell of a challenge for 7 Counselors to spawn on the short road map from challenge one, you have to fix the single four seater car and get out, some people are getting left behind. No Tommy radio or police escape on this map. It could be cool, are you’re going to give him rage to get the car fixed, can he get the traps down in time? It sounds really exciting to me, look forward to reading your comments good or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slasher_Clone this is an incredible idea !

Way to think outside the box 📦.

All maps in single player changes already Have the  environmental kills plugged in...and would only need to add the cb radio, escape options and Jasons shack/ sweater.....to most maps....all content already in the game!!

This sounds feasible and from what we have been told about new content may very well be able to be included I am over here crossing my fingers!!

 @mattshotcha this is a great idea posted by slasher_clone what do you think ? What’s the possibility of this happening?

I would like to play the strip poker map and the snuggle by the fire map.....however I am pretty sure that one would be too small for a full blown multiplayer match....😜

 

@Slasher_Clone

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

the snuggle by the fire map.....

They could put multiple boats on that map instead of cars. Someone miss a skill check on the propeller and Jason would have to guess which boat to morph to, lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They could put multiple boats on that map instead of cars. Someone miss a skill check on the propeller and Jason would have to guess which boat to morph to, lol. 

Good call !  That could definitely help with its size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would like to play the strip poker map and the snuggle by the fire map.....however I am pretty sure that one would be too small for a full blown multiplayer match

The strip poker map would probably be one of the best as it has lots of cabins, it’s a good size and is different enough from the regular Crystal Lake map. Snuggle by the fire would be nice just because it’s so different than any other map, you wouldn’t have a huge number of items but then that would just make it more fun.

12 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They could put multiple boats on that map instead of cars. Someone miss a skill check on the propeller and Jason would have to guess which boat to morph to, lol. 

Nothing saying we couldn’t have two boats and the two seater in the little parking area. 

Thanks for the feedback, I hope more people chip in can’t imagine they’ll be into it unless we all come together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tags, all. This is something I'd have to look into. It's a bit of a grey area between what we can and can't do, enough so that it may raise flags. But I'll look into it.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Thanks for the tags, all. This is something I'd have to look into. It's a bit of a grey area between what we can and can't do, enough so that it may raise flags. But I'll look into it.

Thanks, it means a lot.

35 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Slasher_Clone I never thought of using the spc maps as new maps for online. That is actually a brilliant idea. I hope it is allowed as it could be really cool.

Thanks brother, which one do you want to see first?

We can dream right, so until we get told no, let’s have some fun with it, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Friday_Queen

I love your idea of a voting option for maps. Unfortunately I think eberyone will repeatedly pick Packanack Small, but comes with the territory. 

As for the option to vote to kick, it has been mentioned before. I also agree with everyone here that it would just assist teamers and trolls. People would boot higher skilled players for doing well. It will probably encourage toxicity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its fine the way it is now. If I dont like a lobby, ill just leave and find another. I'm a random map guy myself. I don't mind playing any of them as long as its not the same map over and over again..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Slasher_Clone The strip poker one would be good. So would the Jason is here one. Not sure if the others would be big enough. 

The more I think about it the more I think the size doesn’t really matter, the newness of it combined with the pressure that would be added would make it fun. Sure a few would heavily favour one side or the other but maps already do. 

Imagine getting a new map every 1-2 months, it’s a year + of keeping the players engaged. They never have to tell us how many are coming but could prioritize the easiest and release them as a way to maintain the player base and advertise how dedicated they are. Just the possibility has me going back and looking at the SPC maps in a new way. 

 

@Friday_Queen, I’m sorry for co-opting your thread, I thought it was the most appropriate place to post and am genuinely curious what people think about it. I know if we had SPC maps I’d like your vote idea a whole lot better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 11:25 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Tell us which map would be your most wanted. A mini Pinehurst was requested in the 2nd episode of Beyond, I know this isn’t what they wanted but it could be a good substitute. I actually think it would be one hell of a challenge for 7 Counselors to spawn on the short road map from challenge one, you have to fix the single four seater car and get out, some people are getting left behind.

My most is packanack and Packanack small.. as well as crystal lake small. I don’t mind Higgins and Higgins small. I’m not a fan of pinehurst at all, knowing how huge the map is and the fact that Jason’s shack is either located at the top left or all the way bottom right and running that map even with marathon and restful is almost impossible, especially with a rage Jason following you the whole time and the cabins are far and in between.. only at the corners and some up top middle.

I COMPLETELY agree with a pinehurst small to make it easier to maneuver the whole map without having to stop 200 times to build stamina, even while trotting, it takes forever. I completely agree! I hope they put a pinehurst small so I can enjoy it more.

Im not really a fan old Jarvis house cuz of the way it’s set up and it being so dark. If we could make Jarvis house BRIGHTER I would play it much more often! It’s a very dark map, even with the lights on. I have to actually set my tv brightness just to see my way around and then change it back for other maps since it makes it more *white wash* and not as clear. That would be a reasonable suggestion.

 

16 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Thanks for the tags, all. This is something I'd have to look into. It's a bit of a grey area between what we can and can't do, enough so that it may raise flags. But I'll look into it.

@mattshotcha could you also look into making Jarvis house a bit brighter so it’s not so dark to walk through since its much darker than the rest of the maps, even with the lights on. I would be completely and highly grateful! As well as a small map of pinehurst so I don’t lose my stamina 200 times when running from top end to the bottom end, even with marathon and restful. Thank you so much!

 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:56 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

@mattshotcha, So the other day I was mucking about in SPC’s and thinking that a few of the maps are big enough and unique enough that playing them in multiplayer would be fun. I’m hoping you’d bring it up, the more I think about it the more it seems like it could be a good idea. It isn’t new content, at least not as I understand it.

Amazing idea!!! I actually like those maps and easy to maneuver and the cabins aren’t so spaced out. Yes yes yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

Amazing idea!!! I actually like those maps and easy to maneuver and the cabins aren’t so spaced out. Yes yes yes

I figure the people who enjoy small maps will like them, thanks for the enthusiasm.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I figure the people who enjoy small maps will like them, thanks for the enthusiasm.

Just having some different layouts would be alot of fun.

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I think its fine the way it is now. If I dont like a lobby, ill just leave and find another. I'm a random map guy myself. I don't mind playing any of them as long as its not the same map over and over again..

That's why I just rotate through the maps. If I set it to random I seem to get Pinehurst 3 times in a row.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

That's why I just rotate through the maps. If I set it to random I seem to get Pinehurst 3 times in a row.

Sounds like the terrible curse of randomization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

@mattshotcha could you also look into making Jarvis house a bit brighter so it’s not so dark to walk through since its much darker than the rest of the maps, even with the lights on. I would be completely and highly grateful! As well as a small map of pinehurst so I don’t lose my stamina 200 times when running from top end to the bottom end, even with marathon and restful. Thank you so much!

You can raise the gamma setting in game to brighten that map up a bit if it’s too dark for you....I have mine set at 2.5 because I feel all the maps are too dark since the engine upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...