Sign in to follow this  
HaHaTrumpWon

"Have you ever given "pity kills"?

Have you ever given Jason a "Pity kill"?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever allowed a Jason to kill you out of pity?

• Yes, I have
    • No, I haven't

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Offline playing can help to an extent, but there is no way it will help you become a decent Jason. None. The only way to become that is by playing against thinking humans that are capable of working together. Bots are too predictable, never work objectives (efficiently) or try to kill Jason. Anybody that only plays against bots (and I know plenty that refuse to pay for PS Plus) is in for a rude awakening if they ever try an online match. 

It helps a lot more then you’d think.

putting on 1 or 2 bots and practicing shift grabs can help a lot of new Jason players. 

I agree bots & people are very different, but if you get relatively consistent at shift grabbing in offline, that will translate over to online, that alone will net you most kills. 

Most new Jason’s I’ve come across can’t shift grab a stationary target, let alone a moving one. For that reason I won’t simply let him kill me just because he/she wanted to skip practicing in offline. Same with any other game you gotta get good at the basics before you play other people.

6 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

It helps a lot more then you’d think.

putting on 1 or 2 bots and practicing shift grabs can help a lot of new Jason players. 

I agree bots & people are very different, but if you get relatively consistent at shift grabbing in offline, that will translate over to online, that alone will net you most kills. 

Most new Jason’s I’ve come across can’t shift grab a stationary target, let alone a moving one. For that reason I won’t simply let him kill me just because he/she wanted to skip practicing in offline. Same with any other game you gotta get good at the basics before you play other people.

As I said, it helps to an extent, and nothing you posted just now disagrees with that. 

At any rate, many of us here pre-date the bots so we didn’t have the luxury of practicing offline. We had to become decent players the old fashioned way. I’d say you learn more from one game online than you would learn from 10 off. 

I want to say no, because the whole “losers don’t get a trophy” but I actually lmao because I hate seeing people disappointed - especially kids. If they are just raging about it, I def would not.

Nah...it takes all the bullying and counselor loops to get better with Jason. If you don’t let him learn and give him pity kills then somebody will teach him through a merry-go-round and probably be much more of an asshole about it. I’m not gonna teabag and dance over a noobish Jason but I’m not going to just LET him kill me because they’ll never learn how to get better if they don’t learn counselors movements and techniques through trial and error.

• Like 2