Sign in to follow this  
Komatose1313

Rights issues have been resolved?!?

I mean it’s the internet but Necronomicast has had plenty of horror stars on their podcast and this makes me believe it’s perhaps witchcraft but from Necronomicasts Facebook page:

“Friday the 13th breaking news!  Word is the Sean Cunningham and Victor Miller have negotiated a plan to sell their ownership to Friday the 13th.  This would open the way to continue the franchise.

No links to post yet as we are one of the first to hear of these developments.”

I could only hope,

Nothing on the official Friday the 13th Twitter feed, so I doubt there’s any truth to it. Would be nice though. 

Interesting, I wonder who would be willing to spend the money to collect all the various rights. It isn’t something I thought was particularly likely as it involves at least four parties, between Sean, Victor and both studios but if someone did awesome news. I just hope they respect the property. 

34 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Interesting, I wonder who would be willing to spend the money 

Maybe it’s Lebron James, lol

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If this is true, then it's ironic because a recent twitch stream had Wes say Uber Jason is locked "forever."

Even assuming a deal has been made, we're past the point that any new content could enter the game. At least in my opinion. Though I would find it odd for them not to finish out Uber and the kill packs that looked to have been nearly done (again assuming that a deal has, in fact been reached).

If it is true that does open up the hope for a new F13 movie. Maybe even a sequel to the game. I would really love a game sequel to happen. This game has such a strong foundation to build from that a sequel could be everything we have all wanted from this game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Maybe it’s Lebron James, lol

It did cross my mind, him or Jason Blum. It would be pretty fun if it was LeBron though. 

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Even assuming a deal has been made, we're past the point that any new content could enter the game. At least in my opinion. Though I would find it odd for them not to finish out Uber and the kill packs that looked to have been nearly done (again assuming that a deal has, in fact been reached).

If it is true that does open up the hope for a new F13 movie. Maybe even a sequel to the game. I would really love a game sequel to happen. This game has such a strong foundation to build from that a sequel could be everything we have all wanted from this game.

I guess it would depend on the potential new rights holders, not saying you’re wrong but hey if they had the money to collect all the rights whose to say they won’t see the game as a sound marketing decision in the meantime and hit Gun with some funds too.

I think you’re right that a sequel is more likely, it gives a fresh start. 

I'd love to believe this is true, I'd love to at least get Uber since he was nearly finished, and they had nearly finished kill packs for every weapon as well. But I won't hold my breath.

44 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If this is true, then it's ironic because a recent twitch stream had Wes say Uber Jason is locked "forever."

Any chance I could get a link to said stream? I missed it.

Jason parker announced that rights issues are being resolved in negotiations.

Jason parker would know he is a very reliable source.

1 hour ago, Big Daddy J said:

Any chance I could get a link to said stream? I missed it.

It’s on Guns. YouTube channel.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Interesting, I wonder who would be willing to spend the money to collect all the various rights. It isn’t something I thought was particularly likely as it involves at least four parties, between Sean, Victor and both studios but if someone did awesome news. I just hope they respect the property. 

Crossing fingers for Blumhouse. A shared universe between all the horror greats needs to happen. I think The Purge : Halloween should kick it off.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Crossing fingers for Blumhouse. A shared universe between all the horror greats needs to happen. I think The Purge : Halloween should kick it off.

Honestly, in The Purge, Michael Myers would be just another dude. Damn near everyone is a murdering psychopath in those movies. LOL

10 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

That would be fucked up. I think I’d go see it but would rather cross overs of the Slasher icons first. 

I’m happy with the new Halloween but don’t think it was perfect. I understand how bigger fans of the series feel justified by it. Hell, I should be as I don’t like the series continuity and think it was a good move to ignore everything but the original. It just didn’t feel like Michael to me, it felt forced. A great attempt though, I really mean that. They did something good for the genre and I am very excited about what they do next in that world. 

I think Michael needs to be put to rest though, so I’m not exactly the fan to ask. Halloween is brilliant but none of the sequels went anywhere new to me. A new Myers could fix that.

4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Jason parker announced that rights issues are being resolved in negotiations.

Jason parker would know he is a very reliable source.

God i pray you're right about this I've been praying for new content every single day. This game is far from dead as far as I'm concerned. Where did you see this info so I can see it for myself. I really don't want to get my hopes up yet.

3 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Big Daddy J but the body count!

@Slasher_Clone how do you feel about an undead Michael?

Personally I would use immortal or undying Michael rather than undead. Jason's already claimed the undead status before, so I want Michael to be different. Maybe make him immune to death somehow like you could shoot him in the head and he's still going. Cut him in half and he's still kicking.

Don't get your hopes up people, this wouldn't change anything. Wes and Gun have stated no more content and they meant it. If it changes then an announcement will be made, but until that day, these topics will continue to be closed.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1