Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

Allow Jason to stop the car when it's stationary.

Sometimes when I am chasing someone in the car they just sit there and I can't stop the car because they just reverse immediately or vice versa.  Jason has not counter for this at all, and this needs to be fixed.  I can't count how many times this tactic has screwed me over.

• Like 1

What do you mean? If the car has been started and is sitting motionless, you can still disable the car by approaching the engine and hitting the prompt. 

If you’re talking about the player waiting until right before you get close enough and then drive away, that’s part of the game and is working as intended. In this scenario, you’ll have to fool the driver with either a shift around the car and stop immediately, or shift to the car and stay against it until they stop. 

Try throwing knives, ive heard this knocks cars off the map. 😂 no in all seriousness, The easiest way to stop the car is not let it get started. trap it up and constantly watch your map for the traps being disabled by knife, or sound if it going off from a brave counselor tanking it. Once started. dont morph right to the car. watch where they are going on map. most will drive right down the road in the direction of the exit they are gunning for. enable stalk, morph to a bit infront of that location between them and the exit. then shift at them once you see them glowing with your sense and exit shift right in front of the car. this will get a stop 90% of the time. If they are a really good driver they may have some tricks up sleeve so you want to keep them from getting to main road. Its always a fun battle, so the more car encounters you have the better you will get, ask @Ahab he loves the car chases and pretty good at stopping them.. 🍻

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

What do you mean? If the car has been started and is sitting motionless, you can still disable the car by approaching the engine and hitting the prompt. 

If you’re talking about the player waiting until right before you get close enough and then drive away, that’s part of the game and is working as intended. In this scenario, you’ll have to fool the driver with either a shift around the car and stop immediately, or shift to the car and stay against it until they stop. 

Jason won't get the prompt until the car is started. So you can sometimes get away if you begin to reverse before Jason's reflexes kick in. 

Agreed on your second paragraph though. Jason needs to either yank the counselor out prior to ignition, hit the prompt in a timely fashion or deal with a moving vehicle. No need for altered game mechanics to this "problem."

53 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Jason won't get the prompt until the car is started. So you can sometimes get away if you begin to reverse before Jason's reflexes kick in. 

Agreed on your second paragraph though. Jason needs to either yank the counselor out prior to ignition, hit the prompt in a timely fashion or deal with a moving vehicle. No need for altered game mechanics to this "problem."

As a driver, I have noticed... if you are holding the button to move in reverse when starting the car and Jason is standing in place to smash the hood of the car... you will start moving before he gets the prompt, or at least before he can act on it. I just noticed this recently, so I am not sure if it has always been a thing... It also does not work every time, possibly due to lag? Or perhaps lag is what makes this possible to do in the first place? Or perhaps these Jason players had poor reflexes? I cannot say for sure.
   I agree that they do not need to alter the game mechanics for Jason, driver or car here... I stop the cars more often than not, but I did make a point of getting in as much practice with this as possible too.

@Anonymous The best advice I can offer on this problem is... if the car is not moving, wait for it to start moving and morph ahead of them, preferably behind a cabin or anything else that will block the driver's line of sight on you... which gives you your best chance of being taken off the driver's mini map. These drivers are just baiting you into wasting a morph and robbing you of any chance to stop them.
    In the end, even the best of us have to accept that some cars will escape, whether it is with one passenger or four... The counselors need a chance to get away from Jason as much as he needs a chance to stop them... But they both need a chance, neither need a guarantee.

Now, now @badassgixxer05, we do not waste knives on the car. That would give us the appearance of being "salty".... Besides, I need those knives for... the runners and loopers... and sometimes the repair counselors... Oh, who am I kidding, I will not discriminate... I will throw knives at everyone, and the horse they rode in on... I just won't waste them on the car.

That glitch with the throwing knife at the car is rather frustrating... as a driver that is. I had a few Jason players do that to me last night when I drove around them. I ended up still alive and  outside the map. I had to leave the game so everyone did not have to wait out the timer with everyone else already dead or escaped.

12 minutes ago, Ahab said:

and sometimes the repair counselors... 

Nothing makes my night more than popping a throwing knife into a Deb or Lachoppa and stopping them from putting the battery or gas in. 

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Nothing makes my night more than popping a throwing knife into a Deb or Lachoppa and stopping them from putting the battery or gas in. 

That happened to me this morning, It was an impressive throw so I don’t mind now but at the time I was salty as fuck.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Only one thing makes my night better than that... Using the in game archery physics to do this from much further away than the person putting the battery (or gas) in thought was possible... I have freaked out more people with that than I have using stalk.... Well... the numbers would probably be close at least. I love my throwing knives... they are so.... shiny.... and I am easily distracted by shiny things.
    Well... maybe two things... Hitting someone from across the creek on Higgins or Pinehurst with a throwing knife... Not always a jump scare... but you will always get a "what the fuck?" out of them. Most players I have come across do not know this is possible... but it just takes practice. This game has better archery physics than most game I have played that incorporate a bow and arrow.

45 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Only one thing makes my night better than that... Using the in game archery physics to do this from much further away than the person putting the battery (or gas) in thought was possible... I have freaked out more people with that than I have using stalk.... Well... the numbers would probably be close at least. I love my throwing knives... they are so.... shiny.... and I am easily distracted by shiny things.
    Well... maybe two things... Hitting someone from across the creek on Higgins or Pinehurst with a throwing knife... Not always a jump scare... but you will always get a "what the fuck?" out of them. Most players I have come across do not know this is possible... but it just takes practice. This game has better archery physics than most game I have played that incorporate a bow and arrow.

Ok. I got one better. Stalk, Morph to the car, and hit the guy putting in the part. It resets the installment mini game (for all the readers who are not aware) and they don't click as to why that happened. 'I was one check tick away....what the fuck happened?" Follow that up with a grab they never heard coming and commence with the grisly death. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, Risinggrave said:

Ok. I got one better. Stalk, Morph to the car, and hit the guy putting in the part. It resets the installment mini game (for all the readers who are not aware) and they don't click as to why that happened. 'I was one check tick away....what the fuck happened?" Follow that up with a grab they never heard coming and commence with the grisly death. 

Also... after seeing that someone is using swift attacker... A quick throw as they turn around to attack... which cancels their attack, and quickly followed by a grab. This one takes a bit of practice with the timing... but it is another one that always gets a "what the fuck?"... at least out of players that think swift attacker cannot be beat... Non of my friends seem to use swift attacker anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Also... after seeing that someone is using swift attacker... A quick throw as they turn around to attack... which cancels their attack, and quickly followed by a grab. This one takes a bit of practice with the timing... but it is another one that always gets a "what the fuck?"... at least out of players that think swift attacker cannot be beat... Non of my friends seem to use swift attacker anymore.

I usually just try to beat them via grab or slash. I may need to try this one out. 

12 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I usually just try to beat them via grab or slash. I may need to try this one out. 

It works great. When you get the timing down with the quick throw, this perk no longer helps them. Swift attacker, of course.... cannot be countered this way if they are in a group. We all know how well grabbing works against groups.
   I always try to save a knife or two for just such an emergency. 

57 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It works great. When you get the timing down with the quick throw, this perk no longer helps them. Swift attacker, of course.... cannot be countered this way if they are in a group. We all know how well grabbing works against groups.
   I always try to save a knife or two for just such an emergency. 

At this point, let the group gang up. I need to hit rage before everybody dies. But yeah, I can dig it.

53 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

At this point, let the group gang up. I need to hit rage before everybody dies. But yeah, I can dig it.

I never liked having to deal with the battle Chads... but I did get damned good at it with the staggering amount of practice I have had in dealing with them. If I were not as tenacious as my namesake... I would have abandoned this game long ago, just for the frustration I had early on with this problem... I still find it frustrating when it happens... but this buff makes up for it at least... Bring on the rage!

22 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I never liked having to deal with the battle Chads... but I did get damned good at it with the staggering amount of practice I have had in dealing with them. If I were not as tenacious as my namesake... I would have abandoned this game long ago, just for the frustration I had early on with this problem... I still find it frustrating when it happens... but this buff makes up for it at least... Bring on the rage!

Dunno why, but I've only had a few times when I had to deal with battle Chad's. Granted I've been able to generally make short work of most trying to fight me, and I've been blessed in playing with a group of regulars, so trolling is at a minimum. 

With that, with all the fuckery I hear goes on on PC, I'm surprised you stuck it out. If you ever get around to playing on X-box look me up. 

20 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Dunno why, but I've only had a few times when I had to deal with battle Chad's.

You have much better luck than me... This is a good thing.

I've been blessed in playing with a group of regulars, so trolling is at a minimum. 

In the last few days, many of my friends who left the game due to the frustration of being used as a piñata are beginning to return to the game. Last night was the longest time in quite a while that I had a full lobby of friends and had to turn invite requests away. Almost three hours (a guess... I did not time it) of a full lobby of friends has not happened an entire solar cycle. I do not know how many hours I was playing overall... but I stopped playing after the eighteenth beer as I was somewhat tired by then. Sometimes... just to have a sense of humor, I measure time in cases of beer... or fractions there of... a trick I learned from Dr. Grant in the book, Jurassic Park.... A great book, and... spoiler alert... it is VERY different from the movie.

People come and go from the lobby of course and there was quite a few people I got into my games last night as they rotated in and out, but the rest of the night the randoms were sneaking in and there were a couple of rude pricks that made it in. On the bright side, when playing with more randoms than I have friends with me, I have been seeing far fewer assholes then in times past... but they are still out there.

With that, with all the fuckery I hear goes on on PC, I'm surprised you stuck it out.

A great love of the franchise and of the game itself... a large amount of tenacity and a healthy dose of spite aimed at the trolls goes a long way.

As to the "fuckery" on PC... oh yes... thar be some fuckery going on for sure.
   Recently, I have been seeing Jason players using shift every ten seconds or so.... morphing directly on top of counselors several times in a match in places where I know there are no morph pins, immediately after finishing a kill, this is not luck or coincidence... and I know a morph when I see one as compared to a shift, particularly when they finish a kill on one side of the map, they suddenly appear on the other side of the map (even in spectate, I know which area I am looking at as long as the counselor I am spectating is outside)... and morphing with far less time between their morphs than even Part 2 Jason can do... Morphing into cabins... Fuckery is a good way to put it... But I do not see these types a whole lot.

One level 23 Savini Jason player tried to explain this away as it being normal for a Savini Jason. I may not have a Savini Jason, but I have played against a great many of them... and I know their strengths and weaknesses... and I know their +shift is the same as Part 6... His weapon strength and destruction are the same as Part 4... and he sure does not have a better +morph than Part 2... let alone so accurate that each morph lands him directly beside a counselor... with EVERY morph.
    His explanations made my brain hurt.... but reports were sent in by my friends... I think.

21 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

If you ever get around to playing on X-box look me up. 

I am not really a big fan of consoles overall... but if I ever have a change of heart on that and buy an X-Box, I will be sure to look you up.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Lotsa lotsa!

I am not really a big fan of consoles overall... but if I ever have a change of heart on that and buy an X-Box, I will be sure to look you up.

Yeah, I'd not be a fan of playing on PC. With that I plan on playing F13 until the servers are shut down, so the invites good until then.

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Risinggrave said:

Yeah, I'd not be a fan of playing on PC. With that I plan on playing F13 until the servers are shut down, so the invites good until then.

We all have our preferences... and our reasons for them.
   "To the last..." to quote my namesake. I have no intentions of abandoning the game... and will still play offline bots for nostalgia reasons when the servers are shut down.
   But, you never know... I may appear on the X-Box servers one day, even if it is just playing on a friend's X-Box... I would probably play like a complete noob with a controller though... I never did get used to those things.

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

We all have our preferences... and our reasons for them.
   "To the last..." to quote my namesake. I have no intentions of abandoning the game... and will still play offline bots for nostalgia reasons when the servers are shut down.
   But, you never know... I may appear on the X-Box servers one day, even if it is just playing on a friend's X-Box... I would probably play like a complete noob with a controller though... I never did get used to those things.

It matters not. Noobs with good attitudes are better additions than jerks who play well. 

As far as offline bots, same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

Noobs with good attitudes are better additions than jerks who play well. 

I could not possibly agree more with this statement than I already do.

• Like 1