XVXJokerXVX

Can we get a "Notes" Option next to players in the lobby ?

Whats worse glitchers, Jason helpers or vehicular manslaughter artist? All of the above!!!       

Okay, Is anything in the works about players/counselors that are mowing down other players. These people don't care that we just spent 15 mins trying to fix the car or repair the phone box. They see you and mow you down in their own sense of self satisfaction. One example - I grab the fuse and as I am  fixing the phone box I get run over. I am Lucky enough to come back as Tommy Jarvis. I run back to the phone house complete the fix, Hop in the window as the car is coming back around from his murderous mowing down of half my team, and As I am standing at the window the guy driving the car is just ramming the house. I stand at the window watching this insane student driver and then mysteriously Tommy falls over dead. This guy just killed me while I was in the house. This should never have happened. I don't mind that the car can kill another counselor , it gives some realism and consequences but when bored/troll players are able to ruin our experience for their own enjoyment it kinda just ruins the game. 

With that Said... I know there was some talk of a "salt mine" for players that would rage quit ? does this really happen ? If sooo can something like this be done for the People that are racking up dozens of betrayals?  Also could we get a "NOTES" option for players so I can put notes on Players that are Glitchers/Jason helpers/Vehicular Manslaughter artist so I will see the notes I have made in the lobby and know if I want to load in with these people. 

I can't tell you how much time has been wasted watching glitchers sitting on a rock or a roof,  or a chair, kids wagon preventing Jason from getting that last kill and I have to leave the game because I don't feel like watching 10 mins as Jason tirelessly tries to reach the glitcher.

At the Same time, The Jason throwing a knife at a car and the car flipping over sucks too. So many exploits getting used. Give Us a chance to put notes on these players - At some point they wont have anyone to play with because we all will have noted that these people are the bad eggs. I had a counselor tell Jason where I was hiding as he was chasing her through the house. In their words I should not have been "hiding" and should have been doing something? .. Is hiding not part of the game? Here is the scenario - Phone box Fixed, Cops called, 2 seater gone with two counselors. I'm a repair nerd, I can't hit hard, I can't run fast or far, its my job to fix and sneak. There was nothing left to do accept wait for the cops but because this person was being chased they wanted to snitch out my hiding place in hopes of gaining favor from Jason. I hear every word of them telling him where I was. I ended up getting away when the cops arrived and this person tried hard to justify their actions but this is another example of bad players ruining the fun for others. If I could put notes on them I would know why I don't want to load in with them.  

In theory that would be very helpful. Unfortunately, the same bad eggs you are wanting to call out would abuse the system and put notes against non-offenders. If there's a way to abuse the system, you can bet the farm they will find it.

11 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

In theory that would be very helpful. Unfortunately, the same bad eggs you are wanting to call out would abuse the system and put notes against non-offenders. If there's a way to abuse the system, you can bet the farm they will find it.

You are correct that they would abuse a global system like that, but What I am asking for is the Notes be read by me for me. Not global , just local to me only. Kinda like a Poker app called "pokerstars" I could put notes next to players that only I could read. So I knew if I wanted to sit down and play with them. 

21 minutes ago, XVXJokerXVX said:

You are correct that they would abuse a global system like that, but What I am asking for is the Notes be read by me for me. Not global , just local to me only. Kinda like a Poker app called "pokerstars" I could put notes next to players that only I could read. So I knew if I wanted to sit down and play with them. 

It’s a very interesting idea.

Unfortunately the salt mines are closed as we’re now on dedicated servers and they were a p2p thing.

1 hour ago, XVXJokerXVX said:

If I could put notes on them I would know why I don't want to load in with them.  

If you could put notes on them like that... the trolls you are talking about would be putting WAY more notes on players that do not deserve it in the first place. This would just be giving trolls a new toy to play with.
   Old fashioned pen and paper notes for yourself would be the way to go here.

36 minutes ago, Ahab said:

If you could put notes on them like that... the trolls you are talking about would be putting WAY more notes on players that do not deserve it in the first place. This would just be giving trolls a new toy to play with.

Sorry , i'm not following?  How could the trolls use it against us ? Only they can see their own notes. Only I can see my own notes.. They could troll hundreds of people with their notes but only they could see them.  Again not talking about a global system I am saying if a Jason helper is present , I can go to the players menus where you would Mute the Player , And have a "notes Sections"  and there I could put in my notes for that Player that only I can see .. but in the lobby a Tab behind the users name could be representative of a "note" for this player i could then scroll to that note and read it ? 

Pad and paper ? My suggestion is not that far fetched is it ? I think it's a good idea and I would not have to open a pad of paper and go searching through hundreds of names to find the 7 other players in the lobby to verify if they have been a bad player when My notes could just be flagged on each username I have had a run in with and chose to put a note on .. it does not have to be specific to just Bad players I could put in notes that "This Guy is a good Jason, beware he likes to hack and slash"  I think its not so far fetched and could be easily done being that its not technically "new content" 

heh .. just a suggestion. 

18 minutes ago, XVXJokerXVX said:

Pad and paper ? My suggestion is not that far fetched is it ?

We do not have this "notes" option in game already... so it would count as new content either way... So it will never happen.

Sorry, I misread that part, I thought you meant that everyone would be able to see these notes under the player in question's name... Giving specifics will always lead to greater understanding. You did say "I will see the notes"... but you made no mention whether anyone else would see them or not. "Only I will see the notes" would have been way more specific. It can be very easy to misinterpret text in this way, unless you are VERY specific.

As to how far fetched your suggestion is... You are asking the devs to work at adding something to the game... But you are not giving thought to the time and money that would need to be spent to put this into the game... Which is way more time and money than it would be for you to grab a piece of paper and a pen and write their names down... So yeah, it is kind of far fetched.

But I am in no way saying it is a bad idea, many people keep such notes already. I can remember the names of these people without the notes better than most... so I do not bother with the notes. I saw two such people in my time in game last night... so I left to find another lobby. The friends I had with me asked why I did that, and I had to remind those that were with me last time we played with these people... who they were.

Also... I did not notice that you are new around here... So.... Welcome to the forums!

On 2/11/2019 at 2:00 PM, Ahab said:

I implemented that system in my household early on in the game. It's kept the peace quite well.

17 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I implemented that system in my household early on in the game. It's kept the peace quite well.

Tried and true methods are the logical choice... in my opinion at least.

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Tried and true methods are the logical choice... in my opinion at least.

No argument there. 😎

• Like 1