It seems like you barely have to even aim to grab a counselor. I think if they nerfed his grab to make it so you actually have to aim a bit more to grab someone it’d make it more skillful. Also if they nerf this then they should definitely buff the poor recovery from a missed grab. 

45 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It seems like you barely have to even aim to grab a counselor. I think if they nerfed his grab to make it so you actually have to aim a bit more to grab someone it’d make it more skillful. Also if they nerf this then they should definitely buff the poor recovery from a missed grab. 

It seems you actually do have to aim to grab a counselor... When this version of the grab was put into the game with the engine upgrade, the width was greatly reduced, which actually requires you to aim the grab... and is why there are so many missed grab... and so many punished missed grabs. Many people have a problem with the grab for these reasons already... but mostly for how easy it is to punish a missed grab... because they happen a lot.

I have played through a few different versions of the grab... and looking at it with both sides of play in mind, this one is the best so far... that I have seen. I have not been playing since day one though. I think it is fine.... I am also happy to meet the first person to think this version of the grab should be nerfed to make it harder to aim.
   Previous versions that I have played did not have to be aimed so much... If you were talking about those, I would understand where you are coming from here. But this grab does need to be aimed. It may be easy to grab a counselor who just stands there... but a counselor that is actively trying to avoid the grab is very successful at not being grabbed.... against VERY skilled Jason players.

57 minutes ago, Ahab said:

It seems you actually do have to aim to grab a counselor... When this version of the grab was put into the game with the engine upgrade, the width was greatly reduced, which actually requires you to aim the grab... and is why there are so many missed grab... and so many punished missed grabs. Many people have a problem with the grab for these reasons already... but mostly for how easy it is to punish a missed grab... because they happen a lot.

I have played through a few different versions of the grab... and looking at it with both sides of play in mind, this one is the best so far... that I have seen. I have not been playing since day one though. I think it is fine.... I am also happy to meet the first person to think this version of the grab should be nerfed to make it harder to aim.
   Previous versions that I have played did not have to be aimed so much... If you were talking about those, I would understand where you are coming from here. But this grab does need to be aimed. It may be easy to grab a counselor who just stands there... but a counselor that is actively trying to avoid the grab is very successful at not being grabbed.... against VERY skilled Jason players.

It’s kind of hard to explain what I mean. But when someone is in front of Jason. If they’re in the front of you on the right side for example, I think the person playing as Jason should have to steer the movement of the grab to the front right side themselves. Playing as Jason right now it will automatically grab in that direction whether if they’re right or left. If they made it so its not automatic and you had to turn that side of his body yourself it’d take more skill. 

7 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

No one cares about being more 'skillfull' when it comes to grabbing counselors as Jason.  If Jason is close enough to grab someone, grab should be simple.

I mean.. its a grab not a 3 point shot. Lean forward, swipe and grab.  Its a basic function and should act like it.

Its on counselors to avoid it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s kind of hard to explain what I mean. But when someone is in front of Jason. If they’re in the front of you on the right side for example, I think the person playing as Jason should have to steer the movement of the grab to the front right side themselves. Playing as Jason right now it will automatically grab in that direction whether if they’re right or left. If they made it so its not automatic and you had to turn that side of his body yourself it’d take more skill. 

When someone is in front of Jason, then they are exactly in the spot he is "aiming" at... This is not the spot you want to be in to make it difficult for him to grab you. Keep moving, and you will be more difficult to "aim" at. Moving targets are always more difficult to hit.

With previous versions of the grab, Jason could "steer" it, and the grab animation was noticeably shorter. This led to more complaints about the grab than you might expect. Automatically grabbing in the direction he is aiming at is the entire point of "aiming".
    Grabbing anything (or anyone) is actually pretty far from being difficult in real life... but in this game, grabbing has been made difficult enough already. If it were easy to grab someone in the game... no one would ever miss a grab attempt... and I see missed grabs all the time... when playing a counselor, whether it is me or someone else that he misses... when playing Jason and I miss... And when spectating, I tend to watch the player that Jason is after... and there are plenty of missed grabs.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

its a grab not a 3 point shot. Lean forward, swipe and grab.  Its a basic function and should act like it.

Exactly. I could not agree with you more.

@DontZzz34 you would have liked the old grab where you could basically spin your thumb stick and get people behind you with the grab. It also sucked you in if you were in the cone, it sucked as a Counselor but was pretty great for Jason. 

13 hours ago, HuDawg said:

No one cares about being more 'skillfull' when it comes to grabbing counselors as Jason.  If Jason is close enough to grab someone, grab should be simple.

I mean.. its a grab not a 3 point shot. Lean forward, swipe and grab.  Its a basic function and should act like it.

Lol of course not. Whenever something gets brought up about making things a little harder for Jason it gets bashed on. What’s wrong with creating more skill in the game? It’s makes it much more fun that way! Playing as Jason is too easy right now. I would like to see it so you have to position the direction the grab is going in yourself instead of the game doing it for you. Before I started playing Friday I came from playing combat games like injustice and mortal combat. If you didn’t time and press the correct buttons at the perfect time your combo was ruined. I was really good with my timing and combos in those games. So, I think it should be the same thing in this game. At times, this game isn’t purely a survival game like dead by daylight. There is fighting in this game that goes on. Which is what I love about it. It’s a mix between combat and surviving from a killer. So, the fact the game positions the grab for you is too easy imo. The player should do 100% of the grab themselves. It would just take a little bit of time practicing it yourself before you would get good at doing it. 

@Ahab I know how to dodge grabs and move away from them. And I see missed grabs all of the time as well. I miss grabs myself. It’s just apart of the game. It shouldn’t be easy grabbing a counselor. Do I think it should be made a little more difficult? Yes I do. Timing and the position you grab in would be much more crucial playing as Jason. People would just have to spend a bit more time practicing and perfecting the grab a little bit more compared to now. 

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

@Ahab I know how to dodge grabs and move away from them. And I see missed grabs all of the time as well. I miss grabs myself. It’s just apart of the game. It shouldn’t be easy grabbing a counselor.

Well.. Like you just pointed out,  its on counselors to be harder to grab.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well.. Like you just pointed out,  its on counselors to be harder to grab.

We all got our own opinions. I made my points above I wanted to make

9 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

We all got our own opinions. I made my points above I wanted to make

Not sure what your point is tho.

Jason has to aim his grab.   It doesn't just magically lock on and grab counselors that's close.   

How easy or hard is to land a grab depends on the counselor.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

@Ahab I know how to dodge grabs and move away from them. And I see missed grabs all of the time as well. I miss grabs myself. It’s just apart of the game. It shouldn’t be easy grabbing a counselor. Do I think it should be made a little more difficult? Yes I do. Timing and the position you grab in would be much more crucial playing as Jason. People would just have to spend a bit more time practicing and perfecting the grab a little bit more compared to now. 

If you see missed grabs all the time... then why do they need to be made more difficult than they already are?
   The whole point of this game is it should not be easy to survive against the undead killing machine... I think you missed that part.
   Timing and the position you grab in ARE more crucial now than they have ever been before... A great many players have perfectly legitimate complaints about the current grab... And if it was made much more difficult to land a grab, then EVERY Jason player would turn to "slashing only"... and then another river of tears starts about the "slashing meta".

15 hours ago, HuDawg said:

its on counselors to be harder to grab.

Exactly my point, thank you.

15 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

We all got our own opinions.

We all have the right to our opinions as well... and that comes with the right to make ourselves look like morons when offering an opinion with little or no information about the subject at hand... or an opinion based on false information about the subject... Which is what we call, an invalid opinion... and listening to invalid opinions NEVER works out well for ANYTHING.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Not sure what your point is tho. 

Jason has to aim his grab.   It doesn't just magically lock on and grab counselors that's close.   

How easy or hard is to land a grab depends on the counselor.

This is why @DontZzz34 's opinion on this subject is invalid.

On 2/12/2019 at 2:39 PM, Ahab said:

If you see missed grabs all the time... then why do they need to be made more difficult than they already are?
   The whole point of this game is it should not be easy to survive against the undead killing machine... I think you missed that part.
   Timing and the position you grab in ARE more crucial now than they have ever been before... A great many players have perfectly legitimate complaints about the current grab... And if it was made much more difficult to land a grab, then EVERY Jason player would turn to "slashing only"... and then another river of tears starts about the "slashing meta".

Exactly my point, thank you.

We all have the right to our opinions as well... and that comes with the right to make ourselves look like morons when offering an opinion with little or no information about the subject at hand... or an opinion based on false information about the subject... Which is what we call, an invalid opinion... and listening to invalid opinions NEVER works out well for ANYTHING.

This is why @DontZzz34 's opinion on this subject is invalid.

I don’t even wanna associate myself with you. You always go on a huge rant anytime someone has a different opinion then you do. It’s easy as hell playing as Jason right now. I thought making him earn his kills with a more positional grab that will take more skill and practice to land makes sense. But the fact you don’t agree with me and you’re going to call me a moron for it is uncalled for. ✌🏼 Out dude 

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t even wanna associate myself with you. You always go on a huge rant anytime someone has a different opinion then you do. It’s easy as hell playing as Jason right now. I thought making him earn his kills with a more positional grab that will take more skill and practice to land makes sense. But the fact you don’t agree with me and you’re going to call me a moron for it is uncalled for. ✌🏼 Out dude 

Well, in my humble opinion I think this topic is ludicrous. There is absolutely nothing even resembling op about Jasons current grab. The cone is too narrow, easily avoided and a missed grab is way too easy to punnish. The cone should be a little wider and the recovery should be quicker.

And its kind of funny that the couselors have had numerous buffs along the way, making escaping very easy. And now once that Jason gets a little love, it's Jason is op, it´s too easy as Jason, blaa blaa blaa.. Yes, it can be easy as Jason. Was before the the buff, THOUGH, it´s only easy compared to your opponents.

Has enyone else noticed the increased amount of these super-Jasons lately that can wipe a lobby clean regardless almost everytime? Or it could be that these over-confident wanna-be superplayers have very rarely encoutered a good group... Or are they just pissed cause escaping got just a little bit harder.. ?I think it´s the latter..

Ps. Yes, we´re still escaping, and because I mostly play as counselor (basic math), I welcome the challenge.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

Well, in my humble opinion I think this topic is ludicrous. There is absolutely nothing even resembling op about Jasons current grab. The cone is too narrow, easily avoided and a missed grab is way too easy to punnish. The cone should be a little wider and the recovery should be quicker.

And its kind of funny that the couselors have had numerous buffs along the way, making escaping very easy. And now once that Jason gets a little love, it's Jason is op, it´s too easy as Jason, blaa blaa blaa.. Yes, it can be easy as Jason. Was before the the buff, THOUGH, it´s only easy compared to your opponents.

Has enyone else noticed the increased amount of these super-Jasons lately that can wipe a lobby clean regardless almost everytime? Or it could be that these over-confident wanna-be superplayers have very rarely encoutered a good group... Or are they just pissed cause escaping got just a little bit harder.. ?I think it´s the latter..

Ps. Yes, we´re still escaping, and because I mostly play as counselor (basic math), I welcome the challenge.

It’s also easy to punish a counselors missed swing as well. I think recovery for missed grabs and counselors missed swings both need buffed tbh. And I think his grab is too wide maybe a lot don’t agree with me and that’s fine

38 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s also easy to punish a counselors missed swing as well. I think recovery for missed grabs and counselors missed swings both need buffed tbh. And I think his grab is too wide maybe a lot don’t agree with me and that’s fine

So basically your saying that counselors should have it easy against Jason? Hey, if you challange Jason, don't make the first move. It's easy, I'll teach you , on both subjects. And about your opinion about the grab.. You think??

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

You always go on a huge rant anytime someone has a different opinion then you do.

Its only called a rant by people who have a different opinion than me. Which is often from a person that has not even looked into the subject at hand... or at least, did not think it through first.
   People that are afraid of something that is longer than a couple of sentences need to get over that fear... They might actually learn something useful.

It’s easy as hell playing as Jason right now.

Ha! Try playing against me and just one or two of my friends, let alone an entire lobby of my friends. That is frickin' laughable for many reasons that have already been explained to you... and NEVER should have needed to be explained to anyone who is not a "noob" at this game.

I thought making him earn his kills with a more positional grab that will take more skill and practice to land makes sense.

If you had bothered to search for threads about this "new grab"... and actually read through even one of them... you would understand how laughable this topic is.

But the fact you don’t agree with me and you’re going to call me a moron for it is uncalled for.

If you think I called you a moron... then you need to read that part of my post again... SLOWLY this time... Then you can come back and apologize for the false accusation. 

What I did say there was called for... and it is something that EVERYBODY needs to learn in their own way. Too many people think they have a valid opinion... but do zero research into what they are talking about... Which, by definition... means they have no idea what they are talking about... which makes their opinion invalid... and then they start throwing false accusations around in a ridiculous attempt to discredit the person they were talking to.
   Personally, I can admit when I am wrong... and I make mistakes like everybody else in the world. The difference is... I learn from my mistakes and actually try not to repeat them.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ahab said:

Its only called a rant by people who have a different opinion than me. Which is often from a person that has not even looked into the subject at hand... or at least, did not think it through first.
   People that are afraid of something that is longer than a couple of sentences need to get over that fear... They might actually learn something useful.

Ha! Try playing against me and just one or two of my friends, let alone an entire lobby of my friends. That is frickin' laughable for many reasons that have already been explained to you... and NEVER should have needed to be explained to anyone who is not a "noob" at this game.

If you had bothered to search for threads about this "new grab"... and actually read through even one of them... you would understand how laughable this topic is.

If you think I called you a moron... then you need to read that part of my post again... SLOWLY this time... Then you can come back and apologize for the false accusation. 

What I did say there was called for... and it is something that EVERYBODY needs to learn in their own way. Too many people think they have a valid opinion... but do zero research into what they are talking about... Which, by definition... means they have no idea what they are talking about... which makes their opinion invalid... and then they start throwing false accusations around in a ridiculous attempt to discredit the person they were talking to.
   Personally, I can admit when I am wrong... and I make mistakes like everybody else in the world. The difference is... I learn from my mistakes and actually try not to repeat them.

First of all, you do not need to make false assumptions. I’ve researched in this subject by closely looking at how wide the grab is from the front. He can cross over his body completely. Personally, I don’t like how wide it is. But that’s just me. I think the player themselves should have to angle it by themselves whether it’s to the right or left. That doesn’t make it a dumb idea it just means it’d take more skill to get good at it. But with time people would get the hang of it and they’d have to be more accurate at grabbing when someone is front of them. And sorry for assuming you were calling me a moron. I thought it was directed towards me because it sure seemed like it was. We all have a different opinion on different subjects. You need to learn to accept it

7 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

So basically your saying that counselors should have it easy against Jason? Hey, if you challange Jason, don't make the first move. It's easy, I'll teach you , on both subjects. And about your opinion about the grab.. You think??

How am I saying counselors should have it easy? And you don’t need to teach me anything. I’ve learned a lot since I started playing. I know how to fight Jason pretty good. And it’s my opinion. You don’t agree? Ok cool

His grab is actually too narrow.  It should be wider.   

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Yeah, boggles the mind. No? Apparently he needs a challenge. Must be one of these self proclaimed super - Jasons , because playing Jason, as we have heard, is just "so damn easy"... Hell, nerf his grab and give him back those t-rex arms! 

First of all, you do not need to make false assumptions.

First off... I do not make false assumptions. I call it like I see it after putting some thought into it. Honesty is the best policy... Everyone likes to say they want to hear the truth... but the truth hurts... and very few people actually like "the truth" after hearing it.

I’ve researched in this subject by closely looking at how wide the grab is from the front.

This does not show as obvious from what you have stated about it.

I think the player themselves should have to angle it by themselves whether it’s to the right or left.

The grip does have to be aimed already... to the right.... to the left... front or behind. If Jason is not facing his intended victim fairly accurately, the grab will miss. The width of the cone seems no wider than Jason's shoulders... but with even a bit of lag, it can be hard to tell exactly how wide it is.

And sorry for assuming you were calling me a moron.

Thank you.

We all have a different opinion on different subjects.

You are correct... many people have differing opinions. The problem with this is... only one is actually correct... in EVERY case. A great many people need to accept this for one reason... it is a fact.... and the truth hurts.
    You can never have two differing truths about any subject... This is what is know as a contradiction.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

This is how a great many players feel already... But I still like it as it is if only for cosmetic reasons. It does look much better than the old grabs did... and this is the first thread complaining about the grab being too wide since it was implemented.

If the grab cone was made even narrower than it already is... the grab would go the way of the Dodo and slashing would be the most common kill in the game again... Just like when there was seven pocket knives in a match. This is a consequence that no one (or at least very few people) would like to see happen.
   It would not hurt for the grab to be made a touch wider... many players would like this to happen and I am not against it... as long as it is not made "too much" wider. @DontZzz34 is completely correct when he says the grab should need to be aimed... but if the cone is made much wider than it already is... it would be like an aim assist... and I am in fact against aim assist being used in any game.

Also.... too much wider and it would come with the grab sometimes looking like it was sucking people in as it did with the old grabs... which would lead to another flood of "force grab" complaint threads.
   The biggest problem many players have is how easy it is to punish a missed grab... and I see way more missed grabs than grabs that actually "grab"... But the rage buff in the last patch did help with this... After rage hits the only punishment that can be dealt now is a hit towards demasking. It is something at least.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

The biggest problem many players have is how easy it is to punish a missed grab...

If counselors had momentum and direction change animation frames. It would probably solve that issue.

Because they don't, its far to easy to sprint in and of grab range. Which is why everyone baits Jason into grabs before attacking him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

If counselors had momentum and direction change animation frames. It would probably solve that issue.

That probably would solve the issue... But we both know the river of tears that would flow over that one. 
    I would like to see it be less punishable too... but it would be nice if someone could find a way to do it without something that will cause so many tears.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ahab said:

That probably would solve the issue... But we both know the river of tears that would flow over that one. 
    I would like to see it be less punishable too... but it would be nice if someone could find a way to do it without something that will cause so many tears.

But also a counselors missed swing is very punishable as well. I think the recovery for missed swings and missed grabs are both very poor. They both result in stun or a kill for Jason. That’d be the most balanced way to do it. Buff recovery on both sides.