I don't personally use a mic when i play, but i do like to be able to hear people that are using them, especially when I'm Jason just in case they're planning something.

Anyway, i haven't been able to hear anyone for awhile now on Xbox, i checked on PS4 and i can hear people just fine.

Hoping that this can get fixed

I've had the same problem on PC forever. Sometimes I can hear players, sometimes not. Occasionally when it's a period that I can't, once and a while I'll be able to hear players from Asia. It's ridiculous. I've given up trying to fix it.

10 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

I can't hear em on Xbox unless I plug in my headset, which I rarely do.

This^ 

I tried it today and was able to hear them with a headset, but i can't hear them through my TV.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

@mattshotcha Not sure if this is something that has been widely reported, but for a while now sometimes when i am conselor even with having the walkie talkie i hear counselors as sped up chipmunks to the point of not being able to make out what they are saying and it is 100% of the time like this when i am Jason. Several patches back i could hear counselors talking clear when i played as Jason but for the longest time now it is just really sped up chipmunks and is completely inaudible.

I believe this has been reported, but let me add this info to the chain with our support lead. I'll follow up with a status update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, mattshotcha said:

I believe this has been reported, but let me add this info to the chain with our support lead. I'll follow up with a status update.

Thanks Matt, i really appreciate it.

This has been an issue for a while. I do not remember what patch caused the issue, but you used to be able to hear others when in close proximity even without a mic.

At least on Xbox. Not sure about PC or PS4.

As a side note, I find it to be a blessing and a curse. For whatever reason,  this game has the most toxic players of any online game that I have played.  I do not use a mic anymore and have found things to be much more enjoyable.

I would be ok if the voice issue stayed as it currently is.  Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2019 at 6:03 AM, Grape said:

This has been an issue for a while. I do not remember what patch caused the issue, but you used to be able to hear others when in close proximity even without a mic.

At least on Xbox. Not sure about PC or PS4.

As a side note, I find it to be a blessing and a curse. For whatever reason,  this game has the most toxic players of any online game that I have played.  I do not use a mic anymore and have found things to be much more enjoyable.

I would be ok if the voice issue stayed as it currently is.  Just my 2 cents.

After playing Dead by Daylight, I'd have to disagree about it being the most toxic community.... you don't need a mic to be toxic...  i actually find it worse, at least if someone is being obnoxious on a mic i can just mute them, but when someone is using the game's mechanics to troll you every other match there isn't anything you can do about it