DarkWolf7798

Can't hear people on mics

I don't personally use a mic when i play, but i do like to be able to hear people that are using them, especially when I'm Jason just in case they're planning something.

Anyway, i haven't been able to hear anyone for awhile now on Xbox, i checked on PS4 and i can hear people just fine.

Hoping that this can get fixed

I've had the same problem on PC forever. Sometimes I can hear players, sometimes not. Occasionally when it's a period that I can't, once and a while I'll be able to hear players from Asia. It's ridiculous. I've given up trying to fix it.

10 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

I can't hear em on Xbox unless I plug in my headset, which I rarely do.

This^ 

I tried it today and was able to hear them with a headset, but i can't hear them through my TV.

Guess I'll just have to deal with it.

@mattshotcha Not sure if this is something that has been widely reported, but for a while now sometimes when i am conselor even with having the walkie talkie i hear counselors as sped up chipmunks to the point of not being able to make out what they are saying and it is 100% of the time like this when i am Jason. Several patches back i could hear counselors talking clear when i played as Jason but for the longest time now it is just really sped up chipmunks and is completely inaudible.

I believe this has been reported, but let me add this info to the chain with our support lead. I'll follow up with a status update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, mattshotcha said:

I believe this has been reported, but let me add this info to the chain with our support lead. I'll follow up with a status update.

Thanks Matt, i really appreciate it.

This has been an issue for a while. I do not remember what patch caused the issue, but you used to be able to hear others when in close proximity even without a mic.

At least on Xbox. Not sure about PC or PS4.

As a side note, I find it to be a blessing and a curse. For whatever reason,  this game has the most toxic players of any online game that I have played.  I do not use a mic anymore and have found things to be much more enjoyable.

I would be ok if the voice issue stayed as it currently is.  Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2019 at 6:03 AM, Grape said:

This has been an issue for a while. I do not remember what patch caused the issue, but you used to be able to hear others when in close proximity even without a mic.

At least on Xbox. Not sure about PC or PS4.

As a side note, I find it to be a blessing and a curse. For whatever reason,  this game has the most toxic players of any online game that I have played.  I do not use a mic anymore and have found things to be much more enjoyable.

I would be ok if the voice issue stayed as it currently is.  Just my 2 cents.

After playing Dead by Daylight, I'd have to disagree about it being the most toxic community.... you don't need a mic to be toxic...  i actually find it worse, at least if someone is being obnoxious on a mic i can just mute them, but when someone is using the game's mechanics to troll you every other match there isn't anything you can do about it

Does anybody know what I could do to be able to talk and hear other people on the Jason game, I’ve been reading some suggestions on here but so far nothing’s seem to work, I’d love to be able to hear other players and talk but I don’t know what else to do, anybody have any idea what I may need to do? 

15 minutes ago, Bridgette49 said:

Does anybody know what I could do to be able to talk and hear other people on the Jason game, I’ve been reading some suggestions on here but so far nothing’s seem to work, I’d love to be able to hear other players and talk but I don’t know what else to do, anybody have any idea what I may need to do? 

Do you mean when you are playing as Jason?

Jason only hears Counselors when they have a mic and it I on and he is close enough to them.

If you mean as counselor play to talk you will need a mic to hear them as long as they have mic turned on you should be able to hear them when you get close to them in game or if you or they have picked up a Walkie talkie or are you are running the  psychic perk which starts you with a walkie talkie.

hope that helped

Yes I have a mic with my headset and when we are playing and I’m a counselor it shows me on the top left screen that I am talking it lights up every time I speak but I’ve tried getting close to people and I have that perk with walker talkie and I still can’t hear them or they can’t hear me and idk why lol I’ve check everything in the settings that I’ve read to check and it’s all on so not sure what’s going on lol 

Omg I hate to sound dumb but not sure what you mean by what platform I’m playing on lol I’m on a xbox one tho if that’s what you mean lol I’m kinda new to all this and trying to figure everything out lol 

@Bridgette49, lol, the platform is what system you play on. 
Let me do some digging, I seem to recall someone figured this issue out. I’ll post back what I find. 

We finally got it to work, we were playing with a controller that you plug in and couldn’t get it to work but we switched back to our cordless controller and now it’s working lol idk if that had anything to do with it or not but it’s working now, thank you so much for all your help!!

• Like 1