Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Counselor Tier List

Recommended Posts

Today I made my own tier list for the counselors. I know Tommy isn’t considered a counselor but added him to the list anyways. My list is based on personal opinion. I would like to see your guys’ tier lists as well if you have the time to make one. 

S tier

Tommy- Best of the best 

Vanessa- She can deliver parts to objectives quickly, get the sweater, fight Jason, get the mask off, and she is good at distracting Jason. Only negative I see with her is low stealth. 

A tier

Tiffany- I know many will disagree but I main her and I think she’s being slept on. She can get the sweater quickly and quietly, put up a fight against Jason, deliver parts to objectives fast, I’ve knocked off jasons mask as her, and she can survive the night with her high stamina stat. 

Fox- Decent runner, can repair, can take the mask off quickly, can get the sweater, she is probably the most well rounded character who can do about everything 

Deborah- If your goal is repair she is your absolute best bet. She will out do other repair characters in other aspects making her a better choice. For example, she can put up a better fight against Jason compared to AJ. And she can run better than Lachappa. 

B tier

Adam- He can fight and repair while being okay at running. 

A.J.- She can repair going unnoticed with her high stealth and composure. She is very good to use if your goal is to avoid Jason and repair. She can’t fight for shit though. 

C tier

Buggzy- He is good at running and can get Jasons mask off quick. Mainly good to use when trying to kill Jason. 

Chad- He is pretty much best for the first part of the game where Jason is not in rage mode. He can distract and stun Jason while others get objectives done. His quick speed also allows him to easily juke a shift grab. But when Jason hits rage he is kind of useless.

Victoria- She is a okay character to use. She Is good at running. Can put up a fight against Jason, and is decent at repair. 

D tier 

Jenny- She could take Jason to stun city but that’s about it. She isn’t good at running, can’t repair, and isn’t that stealthy. She used to be good but now she won’t last long against a raged Jason. 

Mitch- He can repair, that’s about it to him 

Kenny- Just a average joe who doesn’t excel in anything. Average across the board. 

F tier 

Lachappa- Not the best choice in a repair character due to how bad he is at running and his stealth isn’t as good as A.J. and Deborah. 

Shelly- He just sucks 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You better put some respek on lachappa’s name. You clearly haven’t ran him with his inhaler.

in all seriousness, I can’t disagree with with ur list. Only thing I’d change is put Kenny and Mitch above Jenny. Her greatest strength is pretty much useless in most circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Today I made my own tier list for the counselors. I know Tommy isn’t considered a counselor but added him to the list anyways. My list is based on personal opinion. I would like to see your guys’ tier lists as well if you have the time to make one. 

 

D tier 

Jenny- She could take Jason to stun city but that’s about it. She isn’t good at running, can’t repair, and isn’t that stealthy. She used to be good but now she won’t last long against a raged Jason. 

 

Jenny has secretly high stealth. 8.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd swap Deborah and AJ. AJ with silent sprint capability and slightly better stamina will get more done early during a match. Give her Speed Demon and re-roll repairs once or twice to get three slow skill checks and she'll repair just as well as Deborah too. Neither are gonna do great fighting one on one against Jason but AJ's higher composure will keep her off radar a bit longer and that slight stamina boost will make it easier to ditch him or cabin hop once he does find you. Luck is a definite liability for AJ (Deb's isn't great either though) but a bat or gun will be more than enough to deal with the occasional Jason that stumbles across you during the first ten minutes of a match unless they tunnel you. Both AJ and Deborah need help fighting in the second half of matches especially now with the stronger post-Rage Jason. Someone hasn't done their job if AJ or Deborah is fighting to survive (as opposed to fighting to escape or kill Jason) at that point during the match.

I can see Deborah maybe being a good choice if you're working in a team and value her better perk flexibility but AJ blows her away, and all the other characters too IMO, as a lone wolf choice when you're using the right perks.

I'd also knock Vanessa down to 'A' tier since she really only has one game style (run & fight). She's worthless for escapes without competent repair counselors doing their jobs (she's not even ideal for part delivery since she'll often bring Jason with her and get repair counselors killed) and any sweater girl regardless of speed/stamina needs a competent Tommy doing their part. Like Deborah, probably a better choice if you're working in a group with specialized counselors who know what they're doing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

I'd also knock Vanessa down to 'A' tier since she really only has one game style (run & fight). She's worthless for escapes without competent repair counselors doing their jobs (she's not even ideal for part delivery since she'll often bring Jason with her and get repair counselors killed) and any sweater girl regardless of speed/stamina needs a competent Tommy doing their part. Like Deborah, probably a better choice if you're working in a group with specialized counselors who know what they're doing.

You can often get decent repair skill check wheels with Vanessa. I do just fine on my own finding parts, taking them to objectives, and making the repairs myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Eva Watanabe Any counselor with two repair can fix things just fine. It'll be a bit slow. But it's not hard at all.

It is if you're not very good at it.  I'm not very good at repairing, so it helps to have someone like AJ or LaChappa or Deborah.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

You can often get decent repair skill check wheels with Vanessa. I do just fine on my own finding parts, taking them to objectives, and making the repairs myself. 

Just had a Vanessa in one of my matches do this a few days ago so I know it's possible. But 90% of the Vanessas (or Chads or Tiffanys...) I see doing a repair struggle at it for upwards to a minute with multiple mistakes along the way. I never hang around when one of those counselors insists on doing a repair next to my AJ or some other repair counselor. Vanessa also seems to always have Jason on her ass when I see her. Maybe someone really good at skill checks can repair with her but she's still a death magnet for slower counselors and thus not ideal for ferrying parts. Tiffany's a better choice if you want to help us repair counselor out while still getting to effectively drag Jason around the map.

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

@Eva Watanabe Any counselor with two repair can fix things just fine. It'll be a bit slow. But it's not hard at all.

Again, maybe if you're good at skill checks and have someone else occupying Jason while you're fixing. The latter point is another reason she's a good choice if you're working in a group: much easier to push objectives regardless of your stats if you know other counselors are keeping Jason occupied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

It is if you're not very good at it.  I'm not very good at repairing, so it helps to have someone like AJ or LaChappa or Deborah.

I'm not very good at them. I can usually muddle through with no more then one mistake though.

7 minutes ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Just had a Vanessa in one of my matches do this a few days ago so I know it's possible. But 90% of the Vanessas (or Chads or Tiffanys...) I see doing a repair struggle at it for upwards to a minute with multiple mistakes along the way. I never hang around when one of those counselors insists on doing a repair next to my AJ or some other repair counselor. Vanessa also seems to always have Jason on her ass when I see her. Maybe someone really good at skill checks can repair with her but she's still a death magnet for slower counselors and thus not ideal for ferrying parts. Tiffany's a better choice if you want to help us repair counselor out while still getting to effectively drag Jason around the map.

Again, maybe if you're good at skill checks and have someone else occupying Jason while you're fixing. The latter point is another reason she's a good choice if you're working in a group: much easier to push objectives regardless of your stats if you know other counselors are keeping Jason occupied.

If you insist on repairing with Vanessa in front of a high repair counselor, then yeah they're idiots. Unfortunately half the time as Vanessa I have to fix the stuff because the high repair counselors refuse to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'm not very good at them. I can usually muddle through with no more then one mistake though.

If you insist on repairing with Vanessa in front of a high repair counselor, then yeah they're idiots. Unfortunately half the time as Vanessa I have to fix the stuff because the high repair counselors refuse to. 

That one mistake unfortunately gets my AJ killed (or at least rendered ineffective for several minutes) about half the time. I'd often screw up the final skill check with AJ so Speed Demon's made a huge difference for me. I can see how one mistake wouldn't be so terrible for a Vanessa though since she can get the hell out of dodge once Jason shows up. That mistake will still keep you from making a clean fix+escape/phone call though if the Jason's any good.

I can't imagine playing the game as a repair counselor and refusing to do repairs. 🤦‍♂️ What else are they gonna do besides hide and eventually become Jason fodder? Doubt those players are having much fun with the game unless they're trolling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

That one mistake unfortunately gets my AJ killed (or at least rendered ineffective for several minutes) about half the time. I'd often screw up the final skill check with AJ so Speed Demon's made a huge difference for me. I can see how one mistake wouldn't be so terrible for a Vanessa though since she can get the hell out of dodge once Jason shows up. That mistake will still keep you from making a clean fix+escape/phone call though if the Jason's any good.

I can't imagine playing the game as a repair counselor and refusing to do repairs. 🤦‍♂️ What else are they gonna do besides hide and eventually become Jason fodder? Doubt those players are having much fun with the game unless they're trolling.

That's mostly what they are doing. Hiding for no real reason. When I play a repair counselor my only goal is to fix things. If I get found I always know my escape route. If Jason desides to tunnel me down after he has found me he can enjoy those 5 minutes I'm going to waste.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the people that play Vanessa and Tiffany insist on doing the repairs themselves even when I'm standing there as Deborah.  And when they screw up and Jason morphs to them, they actually run the parts away from the car.  With Deborah, I can repair when Jason is running at me and have time to run away usually.  You can never do that with low repair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×