Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mike-hannigan

Let's share our post-rage update loadouts!

Recommended Posts

Hello campers! So ever since the latest rage patch the meta's been shifting significantly. More and more people are getting rid of their combat oriented perks (Sucker punch, swift attacker, man at arms, etc). So I've been thinking why not share with others every loadout that you are currently using that's worked the best for you? I'll start myself:

Jenny and Mitch have the no fear build (Nerves of Steel, Preparedness and Medic). I've been thinking to take out medic to replace it with Marathon but can't decide yet.

Everyone else has Marathon, Restful and Medic.

Also I've been thinking to give Deborah/AJ Mason Level Headed and Low Profile since the main idea is to avoid Jason and get stuff fixed pre-rage while Jason's sense range isn't too wide yet. What do you guys think? Also what combination of perks you found yourself working best for you post-rage update? Looking forward to see your loadouts if it isn't a secret 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say goodbye to stun percent perks because they're completely negated. Once Jason hits Rage, you've wasted a perk slot if you used one.

Car/boat start seems more appealing now. My Dad's a Cop as well. Swift Attacker should still be valid since you're going to need the ability to out-swing Jason in a pinch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have currently switched to Deborah and have her set up with Epic Preparedness, Legendary Medic and Epic My Dad’s a Cop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been using Nos over the Firecracker perk. Along with Thick Skin and Sneaky on my Mitch. Thinking of trying a few more builds next week.

Escape Artist, Adrenaline Rush and Marathon. Is probably the next build I’ll try, should be fun to run away after popping out of Jason’s hand after about a second.

Lightfoot, Low Profile and Sneaky might be a good build for slipping away unnoticed after leading Jason into a cabin and slipping out the back. 

Evasion, Swift Attacker and Spacial Awareness, might also be worth trying out but I might not get to it because I rarely feel like fighting Jason. It is the build I’d probably be into if I was, maybe swap Spacial Awareness for Thick Skin but you get the idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Medic, Thick-skinned and Hypochondriac on Vanessa, cause I'm a sweaty tryhard. :)

That you are, but the first step is admitting you have a problem. 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Call me crazy, but I swear that I’ve been seeing Jason getting stunned post rage. With common weapons. What’s that about?

No, you’re not crazy, pretty sure I’ve been stunned twice post rage with no mask loss or post mask loss in the second case. It paid off that second time though as they came back to see if I was alright and I killed them, 😈.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

 It paid off that second time though as they came back to see if I was alright and I killed them, 😈.

😂LOL!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Call me crazy, but I swear that I’ve been seeing Jason getting stunned post rage. With common weapons. What’s that about?

   You sir... are crazy. (You did ask for that).
   I have not seen this... yet... Perhaps it could be a bug?

   I am still using Epic preparedness, Legendary nerves of steel and Epic marathon on A.J. I also use it on Jenny, Mitch and sometimes Adam... switching up the marathon with some other perks now and again. I do very well with these perks... The N.O.S. comes in very handy for driving the car or boat and not losing your mini map if fear manages to take hold.
 

59 minutes ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I'm a sweaty tryhard. :)

   Air conditioning can help with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, Shadesofjoe said:

Medic, Thick-skinned and Hypochondriac on Vanessa, cause I'm a sweaty tryhard. :)

Medic, Thick Skin, and Sneaky. There are so many sprays I’ve never not had one when I need it. 25% Sneaky allows you to basically never have to jump through windows anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Medic, Hypochondriac and Preparedness mostly on Deborah.  So  I'm sure I always have a medspray at hand and I know where I am and where everyone else is and where the parts and vehicles are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have hypochondriac, medic and thick skin on everyone because I don't want 10 minute temp perks. I had to spend a stupid amount of time rolling and selling god knows how many epic heavy mover and legendary quiet swimmer perks to find something remotely useful and then half of those got fluffed to trash too after the rage update! Can anyone blame me???

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2019 at 7:52 AM, mike-hannigan said:

Hello campers! So ever since the latest rage patch the meta's been shifting significantly. More and more people are getting rid of their combat oriented perks (Sucker punch, swift attacker, man at arms, etc). So I've been thinking why not share with others every loadout that you are currently using that's worked the best for you? I'll start myself:

Jenny and Mitch have the no fear build (Nerves of Steel, Preparedness and Medic). I've been thinking to take out medic to replace it with Marathon but can't decide yet.

Everyone else has Marathon, Restful and Medic.

Also I've been thinking to give Deborah/AJ Mason Level Headed and Low Profile since the main idea is to avoid Jason and get stuff fixed pre-rage while Jason's sense range isn't too wide yet. What do you guys think? Also what combination of perks you found yourself working best for you post-rage update? Looking forward to see your loadouts if it isn't a secret 😉

That's true, except for the Jason's Teamkillers/ Trolls.

Now they just avoid the permastun and the trolling to get the job done in less than 10 minutes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I haven't changed anything. I haven't even changed my game up. 

I save more people now, but other than that, it’s all the same Counselors side. As for Jason, it’s more fun pre-rage because people challenge objectives and try to escape. 

It’s all good now and thanks for recommending Isolation it was fantastic and well worth the play through, going to take me a bit to work through the dlc but glad it lives up to your praise. It’s amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine's the same as it was before the patch: White bunny-suited Deb with Preparedness, Marathon, and Hypo, though sometimes I use my legendary MDAC perk instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marathon, Nerves of Steel, Thick Skinned. Having extra sprays is not super useful if you happen to get injured up close once Jason has rage since he can just slash you to death before you can heal, so I just play more careful and use NoS over Medic.

As long as you angle your camera to where you can see Jason, Stalk won't hide his indicator if he tries for Stalk + Shift, so you can dodge shift a lot easier seeing where he is moving on your mini map. If Jason Morphs, I just get in a cabin so I am not a sitting duck for a free shift grab. Even if the doors are gone, it is better than being out in the open. Also helps for driving, the rare times when I do drive.

The buff for Jason isn't really a big deal at top level play. It's a nerf to the Swift/Sucker Punch combo, but I barely stunned Jason before the patch thanks to how long Vanessa's stamina lasts with Marathon and the slight composure boost from NoS.

Glad to see he isn't getting endlessly stunned as much though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marathon, Restful, Thick Skin on Buggzy
Marathon, Medic, Thick Skin on Tiff
Marathon, Speed Demon, Thick Skin on just about everyone else.

Marathon = Increased Stam and Stam Regen
Speed Demon = More flawless repairs as the wheel moves slower, and also solo boat escapes vs Water Jasons
Thick Skin = Increased Health

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 8:29 AM, Nougat said:

Marathon, Nerves of Steel, Thick Skinned. Having extra sprays is not super useful if you happen to get injured up close once Jason has rage since he can just slash you to death before you can heal, so I just play more careful and use NoS over Medic.

As long as you angle your camera to where you can see Jason, Stalk won't hide his indicator if he tries for Stalk + Shift, so you can dodge shift a lot easier seeing where he is moving on your mini map. If Jason Morphs, I just get in a cabin so I am not a sitting duck for a free shift grab. Even if the doors are gone, it is better than being out in the open. Also helps for driving, the rare times when I do drive.

The buff for Jason isn't really a big deal at top level play. It's a nerf to the Swift/Sucker Punch combo, but I barely stunned Jason before the patch thanks to how long Vanessa's stamina lasts with Marathon and the slight composure boost from NoS.

Glad to see he isn't getting endlessly stunned as much though.

Medic is really useful if ur the last one alive bc you’ll have to resort to window hopping and most of them will be broken. So having a lot of health will help a lot. And you’ll most likely be limping when u jump through and are already inside and Jason is outside. Just don’t be limping close to Jason or let him get close enough to slash you to death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×