HaHaTrumpWon

If you could only give one piece of advice to new Jason's, what would it be?

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Don’t waste traps for trapping 1 counselor in a cabin it’s easily readable and I bolt out the front door as he’s setting it. And it’s just kind of a cheap move anyway. It’s more effective trapping all of the objectives instead

How is it a cheap move? I'll advised certainly. But there's nothing unfair about it. I don't bolt out the front in those cases. I wait to see how many traps they're willing to waste.

• Like 1

It's a war of attrition.  

Did your perfect shift-grab get thwarted by a pocket knife?  Fine, that's one gone.

Did you get knocked down?  Fine, that's one hit closer to breaking for that weapon.

Be patient, and don't fret about killing every single counselor every single time.

Get your kills, and pick some fun ones.  

MAKE THEM PAY!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

New advice for New Jason or any player....dont be a pieeater.🤪

hey, what's wrong with pie eaters! that's what people where i'm from are known as! haha🤣

• Haha 1

Don't tunnel the first counselor you see unless it's LaChappa 😅. Instead set a trap in front of your shack then trap the rest of the objectives, after that it's hunting season.

On 2/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That is way more than "only one". Still good advice though.

The one is "be relentless". The rest is a thorough breakdown of what I mean by that. 😄

For Jasons facing off against kill-groups: Don't fuck up.

For Jasons facing off against kill-groups that didn't heed the previous bit of advice and are now almost certainly going to get killed: Don't rage quit. There's no shame in getting killed as Jason but if you rage quit they're really going to make fun of your ass (probably stick the video on YouTube too).

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, badassgixxer05 said:

Yes, -trap Jasons are tuff in this way, so I would prob tell a new Jason to try to stay away from them. In the 3 games in a row you were Jason, I got the car going all 3 times, the first time i drove like an idiot into a tree and you hacked my ass up.  😂 The other 2 I got the Jump and got away. I think in both those matches the 2nd car got started also, so always helps. 😁

That... is also great advice. But when I was a new player... I just wanted to get Part 4 unlocked... It is just my favorite for... reasons... So I had to learn how to be effective with less traps... which you can do by choice on any Jason variant. Advice from these forums helped my early playstyle quite a bit.

Call me crazy... and you may be right.... But I always want the cars to get going... I cannot get my practice in if they are not moving.
    The biggest problem with this tactic is that sometimes they get away... and yes... in those matches you speak of, both cars were started within seconds of each other... An even bigger threat to Jason's kill count is when this happens even earlier… before Jason gets his first shift... At least it happened at a time in the game that I had a chance to stop... one of them... There is no chance to stop both when they get going at the same time.
    In some matches, people will escape, and when they do... they earned it, or at the very least... another team member earned it for them. It is also pretty rare for both to get started almost at the same time... and it makes those games memorable, for me at least. It is a testament to the skill of those players. I do not often see that happen twice in one night as Jason or as a counselor.
    I think one of those matches was also my worst game in a long time... but shit happens and I do not complain about my own low kill counts. I just try to do better next time.

I don't play Jason too often, maybe once every 6 matches so I am not really qualified to give you an advice here.

What I will do I will tell you the perspective of a counselor who doesn't die often.

The single biggest challenge for a skilled counselor when facing Jason is losing track of him. This is the number one reason why I die (beside a stumble when in Jason's face or a lucky shift grab).

I know how to counter Jason as long as I have stamina, but it becomes hard to counter what you can't see.

So your goal should be, how can I approach a counselor without being seen and how do I move out of his/her sight once spotted and go for another attack?

That's the best advice I can give you

1st rule: STALK MORPH SHIFT. This will help you stop cars by keeping counselors from seeing you on the mimimap. Go into stalk, morph ahead of moving car or counselor, shift to stop the car or grab a counselor with sense on.

IT IS POSSIBLE TO MORPH STOP A CAR!!!!! I have done this twice and the key is precise timing and morph blob placement ahead of the moving car!

2: take out the Tommy CB radio power box first and trap it. Look for thecred and white tower with the red light at the top.

3: trap the phone, take out all forms of communication first. 

4: take out windows. This creates a risk for counselors. You can use throwing knives to take out windows from a distance for scares or to stop a counselor before they reach it. You can also throw knives from outside a broken/open window to take out another across from it to avoid wasting shift.

5: learn long distance knife throwing. Aim the knife reticle higher above the target the further away it is due to the knife dropping in an arc over a distance.  Compensate for distance and direction of moving targets.

Offline bots is a perfect training mode for this, practice hitting open and closed windows from far as possible. It may be possible to hit counselors from outside of chase music radius.

4 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

1st rule: STALK MORPH SHIFT. This will help you stop cars by keeping counselors from seeing you on the mimimap.

Unfortunately, Stalk does not remove Jason from the mini map under a few circumstances. Spotted with the flare gun... he stays on it even after he morphs... In someone's line of sight... he stays on it. He does seem to stay on the mini map for the driver of a vehicle, whether car or boat... and you can always see him in the water when driving a boat... stalk or no stalk... unless he is behind a rock... I have seen Jason pop out from behind a rock a few times when driving the boat... I could hear his music and knew he was nearby, so I do not think these were not lucky morphs. I have seen Jason disappear from my mini map when driving a car frequently, but just as frequently, once he is on the driver's mini map he tends to stay on it... As Jason, we do not always know if we are actually in someone's line of sight... but the line of sight mechanic should also have a realistic limitation as well... it is supposed to be dark after all... Unless he is standing in the light, then we would realistically be able to see him across the map without something else blocking the view of him.

I have good luck stopping vehicles by morphing behind a house or a hill or even standing behind a wide tree or sign large enough to block their line of sight when ahead of the car... and they never seem to see me shifting towards them that way. But then sometimes you land on a bad morph pin for this purpose and stay on the mini map anyway for, "reasons"... and sometimes... even out of the driver's line of sight you are still in someone else's line of sight and still visible on everyone's mini map. There are probably other factors involved that I am not considering here... and other factors that I do not know about... I am still trying to work around this one myself when playing Jason... but for the most part, I do very well at stopping cars... and even boats with my crappy water speed on Part 4.

The best we can do when playing Jason is make sure we get ahead of them without being in anybody's line of sight... but we can never really be sure of this unless someone tells us we are on their mini map. I do think that if we did not see him on the mini map at all, it would be way too easy to stop a car, whether it's the driver's first day with the keys, or he (or she) has been doing it since day 1. But it is damned hard to stop a car when you have a good driver that can see you on his mini map... Damned hard is still far from impossible though. Not everyone uses nerves of steel either, they can't fit it in with their thick skin, medic and sucker punch.

I am still having issues with stopping cars now and again and this is another reason why I do not trap a car until after I stop it the first time... I still need my practice, and I cannot practice stopping a car unless it is moving...It is still possible to stop the car even with the driver seeing Jason on his mini map constantly, it is just more difficult... Everyone makes mistakes, but we all hope it is the other person making the mistake...
   Last night, in several matches... I had my car stopped several times... I keep leading Jason away and heading back to the car to restart it... and I kept getting stopped after it was moving. A few times I could still see him on my mini map, and a few times I could not... And I am always running with Nerves of Steel.

One piece of advice I would give, if you are Jason and come up on a counselor that is wanting to be be killed, kill two others and then go after that one, lol. 

If someone's hiding in the kitchen at Packanack, DON'T grab them. 

I forgot about this until just after I did it, but I remembered the second time.

44 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If someone's hiding in the kitchen at Packanack, DON'T grab them. 

I forgot about this until just after I did it, but I remembered the second time.

He deserved every one of those knives. 

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

He deserved every one of those knives. 

Fuck yeah he did. Glitching little bastard.

• Haha 1

Best advice...

Trap the objectives.

Don't be cute and trap a mapstand or anything else, you'll see people with suggestions to put traps at stairways or a window...just don't do it.  Even if that trap works on someone, you're giving the other 6 people an easier time to escape.  Meanwhile if your trap catches someone running thick skin, your one random trap was useless as it won't make them limp anyway.  Sure they can tank your trap at an objective but you now know which objective to pay more attention to. 

@Ahab

I still have not figured out what the game considers LOS for the driver. 

I did some more testing with the same person who clued me in on Jason always being on the mini-map in the first place.  This time I let him get the car going and stalk morphed from the boat exit to the main road when he was at flat rock, he again knew when I morphed and to which car exit.  At least on that map, that entire road must be considered LOS.  It's rather ridiculous in my opinion. 

Higgins is a map that I like to just drive around aimlessly to "troll" a Jason.  We tested on that map.  I'll do loops around the barn and the main house because Jason has no ability to stop me while doing it.  Same friend would morph to the backside of the house while I was at the backside of the barn, and I'd see the moprh.  He'd then morph out to the bridge to the main road while I was front of the main house and I'd see his morph.  Neither of those should be considered LOS as the first morph would have a barn, some trees, some outhouses and the main house itself in between me and Jason, yet I still saw him on the mini-map and the one to the road, the entire main house and some trees are in between and could still him on the mini-map.   So for shits and giggles, he decided to morph over to Blairs Cove...you guessed it, I still saw him on the mini-map. 

I really don't know what you have to do as Jason to get off of the driver's mini-map at this point.  Once you're on it, you're always on it as long as the driver stays in the car in my experience and testing.  The weird part is as a passenger, this doesn't occur at all.  When you're the passenger Jason can be almost on top of the car and you still don't always see him. 

Against an experienced driver who uses his mini-map, you have almost no chance at stopping the car.

So in theme with this thread as another tip to a new Jason, if you see the car driving around randomly or watch the driver do an ebrake 180 right in front of you, just ignore the car for the rest of the match and go after whoever is still on foot.  The car will either become bored they cannot "troll" you and just leave or just sit there waiting for you to come back.  Once you kill everyone on foot, make another attempt at stopping the car and if it doesn't work, just don't bother with it.  Your blood pressure and frustration levels will thank you. 

16 hours ago, SirMang said:

Against an experienced driver who uses his mini-map, you have almost no chance at stopping the car.

This is the only part of what you said that I do not agree with.
     I actually still do very well at stopping cars... even against very experienced drivers (I know and have played with many of them many times before... and they are damned good at it).... But I do not stop them every time... and sometimes, I do rather poorly at it.... But other nights... no one gets by me.
      I am also a pretty damned good driver and use nerves of steel on every counselor (in case of the random bug)… Yet I still do not make it out every time I am driving... and not necessarily because I made a mistake. There have been many instances that Jason did disappear from my mini map, or did not appear on it at all until he smashed the car... but I do not know how to explain it beyond my own speculations and experiences.
     I take you at your word for your testing.... I have not done my own testing at all, other than just playing regular matches and trying to pay attention. Perhaps @mattshotcha could shed some light on this... if he is allowed to explain the mechanics of it.

I have given this a lot of thought... and I know we have not really talked much about this lately... (for most of January I did not have the time to spend surfing these forums for … personal reasons)… Nor have we made any progress at all in discovering how this mechanic actually works... But in my opinion, if Jason was removed from the driver's mini map, then there would be absolutely no chance of any car getting away from me... barring the circumstance of... not having a shift or morph available at the time... I am very well practiced at it by choice of using Part 4 in almost every match I play as Jason (sometimes Part 7... I do not really play any other variants at all)... and needing my traps for the fuse box that is being attempted over and over again by those pesky... and somewhat smelly counselor type people.
     Call me a dog... Dogs are awesome and I would not consider it an insult... But I love chasing the cars.... So I give the counselors the opportunity to start them in every match... just so I can chase them.... Some say... practice makes perfect... I do not believe that at all... But practice does make one "better".

So, my own conclusion is that it would be a bad idea to remove this feature... if only for the reason that if the car escape is made that much more difficult, then the far easier option of killing Jason would become the go to option for far more players than it already is. Fighting off groups of Jason hunters in every single match I play is not what I call "fun"... at least, not while it is so easy to get the mask off.... and if killing Jason were actually made "difficult"... then it would be a good idea to keep this mechanic in game... counselors need a chance too. Objective control and how to do it is a personal choice.... For those that have a huge problem stopping cars... perhaps concentrating on stopping the counselors from starting it in the first place would be best?.... Or like my own personal choice... let them start the cars, and practice stopping them as much as possible. My choice will cost a great many escapes until you... I … or we... get better at it. But practice at anything will make one better at the task, no matter how difficult.
     This is only my opinion... Just to make that clear.

We also have to remember that a great many people driving the car are not using nerves of steel, nor are they overly skilled at driving the car in game... yet....
     But greatly skilled, hardly any skill or anything in between... without this feature... they would not be getting away from me in what I would call... acceptable numbers... as their chances would be slim to nil... barring the above mentioned circumstances... and a few other possibilities like... I am busy dealing with those pesky counselors who happen to have a father figure that just might happen to be a sheriff.

My advice to a new Jason is to trap the phone box, be patient, creative, learn how to shift-grab, learn how to block-grab, and also learn how to use throwing knives to their full potential.  You mostly just gotta figure out everything on your own; that's what I did.  Watching and asking others for tips is a good way to improve also.  You'll eventually adapt, familiarize yourself with the core game mechanics and whatnot.  After a while, when you get the full feel of the game, it'll be a piece of cake!