Sign in to follow this  
thrawn3054

GamePlayingGuru's video.

GamePlayingGuru recently dropped a video that explains (at least in part) my problem with the recent patch.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Ah, so now we’ve finally gotten the part of the conversation where it’s about saving people. Rather than trolling Jason with stuns.... nope still about wanting to stun Jason needlessly, shit I was hoping for something useful, not pleas for the Pubs/Devs to right it. 

As much as I respect the youtuber’s who publish content and guides, there’s definitely something off putting about the language that Guru chose to use in his video. He didn’t discuss it from a stand point of improving things after the intro, he could have discussed something, like the save mechanics or made any suggestions that aren’t already being discussed. Instead he criticized the whole patch, while at the same time praising how it initially made him feel. The patch isn’t really meant to improve things for great Jason’s, just less skilled ones.

Let’s see so far the people who like the buff have shown support for either firecrackers or flare guns or both still working. They’ve also suggested delaying the arrival of rage, at least if your not being bullied with stuns, that should still make it happen early. I think most of us are looking forward to the chance that the perk re-work will balance the scales a bit in the late game. Still not sure what the other side wants done other than a return to the piñata party. 

If you play in tournaments then the simply fix is to require Jason, to enter combat stance and block after every save. This returns combat to a state more like it was in the past without damaging the patchs effectiveness in QP. It isn’t any different than a stun as far as healing goes, run a few steps and heal while Jason does his little shuffle dance to block then game on. 

Just going to leave this here, as I think it was in response to the above video. 

I see his point, but something had to be done about the chain stunning. Just be glad it's only in rage mode, which makes sense anyway. The solution for the counselors? Don't beat up Jason early in the game, because the more you do that, the quicker you get him to rage mode.

• Like 2

His points could be valid or not, but for me the opinions of someone using cheats and/or exploits in this game get zero credibility in regards to the game's current state and there's footage of this guy on youtube using exploits like sliding in quick play.

The main point that he made that has been bothering me is how it is essentially impossible to save someone from a grab in rage mode now.

3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

The main point that he made that has been bothering me is how it is essentially impossible to save someone from a grab in rage mode now.

I have saved several people after Jason has gotten into rage since the patch. It’s not impossible like everyone is saying. 

Still seeing a higher survival percentage since patch as well. 

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/25838-jason-question/

You might find this discussion interesting @thrawn3054.

I've already read the topic.

11 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I have saved several people after Jason has gotten into rage since the patch. It’s not impossible like everyone is saying. 

Still seeing a higher survival percentage since patch as well. 

Every time I try saving post rage they just spam grab until my weapon breaks.

The survival rate isn't my issue. My issue has been the post rage absurdity combined with nothing having changed prerage.

But if guru posted that video, his comments MUST be the one reliable true point on which this thread must be made. Because reasons!

Or should anyone just post other random videos to justify their personal opinions?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

But if guru posted that video, his comments MUST be the one reliable true point 

According to all the comments on the video 🙄

There’s even a few comments saying that since it was him that posted the video, the devs would pay attention to it and revert the game back to the way it was before, lol. 

@thrawn3054, I understood what your issue was, I was just sharing my observations up to this point. But I do agree that if it is possible to perform an infinite grab loop, it should be looked into. I don’t really think that was something the devs intended to be possible, but I could be wrong. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

But if guru posted that video, his comments MUST be the one reliable true point on which this thread must be made. Because reasons!

Or should anyone just post other random videos to justify their personal opinions?

I posted it because it made, at least in my mind, valid points. And because it gave video showing the ridiculous grab loop. I'm not saying his should be the only point of view that counts.

Well look at that... at 1:48 Chad hits him and Vanessa RUNS instead of just standing there to make another grab easy. I guess it's not so certain a death after all.

Edit: Forgot the T in 'not'.

51 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Well look at that... at 1:48 Chad hits him and Vanessa RUNS instead of just standing there to make another grab easy. I guess it's no so certain a death after all.

Yeah, color me surprised...

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I get that.  That would be frustrating.

However, if you're in a situation where Jason is in Rage, and he's on you and your friends, then at least one of you should die I think.  

Be happy it's your buddy and RUN!

More importantly, complete objectives and ESCAPE!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

He seems to have dubbed himself the definitive authority on competitive F13 play. 

I'll just leave this here... 

trophy.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guru would be one to talk about disliking gameplay mechanics yet there is video evidence of him exploiting. 
Check the video yourself in this and you can see, Guru has no room to speak on mechanics considering he intentionally ruins public lobbies.
Needs his accounts and IP banned tbh to send a message that exploiting will not be tolerated.

http://www.jasonkillsbugs.com/ - Enter name, email, platform (PS4), Type of Problem (exploit/hack), Frequency (Often), Date - January 5th, 2019 and https://youtu.be/EpbJqlVWiHQ?t=261 for the link needed to be provided. Thanks, lets keep this community clean.

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Every time I try saving post rage they just spam grab until my weapon breaks. 

With the video evidence out there I would expect the developers will take note and make a tweak to the possible grab looping......

The survival rate isn't my issue. My issue has been the post rage absurdity combined with nothing having changed prerage.

What some consider Absurdity others might call A Quality of life fix.

I understand your frustration with the latest patch as you were hoping for more balance Changes that made Jason more of a threat during the whole game not just while rage is activated......

And I agree,.....that post rage gameplay hasn’t changed...... and at least Gun did say more changes are in bound I do hope a few more tweaks come...to early and later gameplay....

@mattshotcha has been fielding all suggestions/ feedback in the forums and social media outlets.

@Shadesofjoe So that's the trophy, eh?  Was the lil' Jason something @malloymk added, or part of the package?  And, if possible, could you add the pic of the mask?  I've tried multiple times to upload it on here and always failed.

26 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

@Shadesofjoe So that's the trophy, eh?  Was the lil' Jason something @malloymk added, or part of the package?  And, if possible, could you add the pic of the mask?  I've tried multiple times to upload it on here and always failed.

The lil' Jason was what the organizer staged with it for the photo. I don't think @malloymk got that with the trophy. 

Watched the video, and commented. He makes valid points, I know when we played @RustInPeace  Got me a couple times in rage with the grab before I could get away. (I was LaChappa) All I saw was him saying he felt it was too easy as Jason now. Myself, I like the challenge as a counselor so I like it. But hey, that's opinions. He's entitled to have his too.

10 hours ago, Shadesofjoe said:

He seems to have dubbed himself the definitive authority on competitive F13 play

That’s because he has earned that right. Guru is one of the best F13 players I’ve ever seen and I would back anything he says. If you know me, you know I would not say that lightly since I am critical of most players of this game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

That’s because he has earned that right. Guru is one of the best F13 players I’ve ever seen 

Does that include the exploiting?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shadesofjoe said:

Does that include the exploiting?

Do I detect hostility? By exploiting do you mean tactics you are having difficulty comprehending? 

3 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Do I detect hostility? By exploiting do you mean tactics you are having difficulty comprehending? 

Sorry, taking advantage of unintended game mechanics is not "tactics". It is CHEATING! It is no different than being a Packanack roof glitcher and deserves no praise. It's like a steroid user in sports doing it to gain an edge over everyone else. And just like steroid users, players like this deserve to be banned from the game they play!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1