Sign in to follow this  
thrawn3054

GamePlayingGuru's video.

5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

That’s because he has earned that right. Guru is one of the best F13 players I’ve ever seen

He didn't 'earn' anything.    This isn't even a competitive game. 

So for you sit there and act like some random that most people never heard of has earned some sort of right over other people to have  their opinions heard is pretty laughable.  

We are all in the same shit pile.

12 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

He didn't 'earn' anything.    This isn't even a competitive game. 

So for you sit there and act like some random that most people never heard of has earned some sort of right over other people to have  their opinions heard is pretty laughable.  

We are all in the same shit pile.

Hey here’s an idea for your tiny brain. Face him, prove your point. Because until you do, you have no say in anything remotely related to this topic. HuDawg is already a well known meme in the F13 competitive circle (as much as you absolutely hate to think of it as a competitive game - yet it is).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Hey here’s an idea for your tiny brain. Face him, prove your point

I already proved my point.     You're a nobody and so is he.

I own all your ass's.

19 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

. HuDawg is already a well known meme in the F13 competitive circle

Yes.. I can see it now.  You and guru standing in a competitive circle jerk.

"oooH Ohh.. that Hudawg.. Oooh Oooh Ya.. OOoOOoOH!

• Haha 1

Just now, HuDawg said:

I own all your ass's.

You must be drugged man.
Your brain does not know what a point of view is

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I own all your ass's.

😂

Wow man. Just wow. You own our asses? Prove it. We are giving you the opportunity. PS4 or Xbox, it doesn’t matter. I can get real players to face you on either platform. Make no mistake, you have a target on your back now. Enjoy the game while you can 😄

13 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

😂

Wow man. Just wow. You own our asses? Prove it. We are giving you the opportunity. PS4 or Xbox, it doesn’t matter. I can get real players to face you on either platform.

Yes..  1 vs 1 me on xbox.   Lets prove what exactly?  This isn't street fighter.    

Real players?.. LMFAO

So let me get this straight.  You get to say who REAL players are?  Everyone else playing the game that you don't know is nobody?   

Which is funny, because that's exactly what I think of you.. You're a nobody.  You also don't get to call the shots. 

44 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Because until you do, you have no say in anything remotely related to this topic

That's funny.. Because here I am.. Saying what I want when ever I feel like it.

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

So let me get this straight.  You get to say who REAL players are?  Everyone else playing the game that you don't know is nobody?   

Yeah, actually I do. In case you don’t know, there is a competitive scene outside of this trash QP you play and these players would absolutely destroy you. If you are really up for the challenge, I can arrange it in a heartbeat. You think I am full of shit? I can prove that wrong in a minute.

11 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

there is a competitive scene outside of this trash QP 

This isn't a competitive game.      

There are many actual competitive games out there to play.    F13th is about as competitive as Mario Party.

these players would absolutely destroy you..

Meh..   Maybe they will, maybe they won't.  Don't care either way.. I own all your ass's 

If you are really up for the challenge, I can arrange it in a heartbeat.

Don't care about challenges.  This isn't a competitive game.. its a casual party game.

Besides, You are not the GOD to this game and your word is not law.  You don't call the shots.  No matter how much you wish you did.

We are all in the same shit pile together.  Everyone can voice and argue their points.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Besides, You are not the GOD to this game and your word is not law.  You don't call the shots.  No matter how much you wish you did.

Hmm sorry yeah I kind of do call the shots. As much as you hope it isn’t true. That isn’t being cocky either, it is just rooting for the players that really do put an effort into this game. And unfortunately you are not part of that group. If you can find a competitive group that doesn’t know my name, I will gift you a cookie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This isn't a competitive game

Really? You don't get competitive playing this game? There are all kinds of tournaments going on, come on man. I'm not even going to get into who Tommy is, he can easily represent himself. But, you are so wrong about him!

• Like 1

Right, things appear to be getting personal in here. Knock it off with the bickering; consider this a verbal warning to those involved.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Right, things appear to be getting personal in here. Knock it off with the bickering; consider this a verbal warning to those involved.

Now let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Unless you are supporting megacasual HuDawg just throwing out insults left and right.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Hmm sorry yeah I kind of do call the shots. 

Only in your own mind.

32 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

If you can find a competitive group that doesn’t know my name, I will gift you a cookie.

You owe me a cookie. 

26 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Really? You don't get competitive playing this game? There are all kinds of tournaments going on, come on man. I'm not even going to get into who Tommy is, he can easily represent himself. But, you are so wrong about him!

This isn't a competitive game.. Never was.. never will be.   Sure people can try and play competitive, it doesn't change anything.  

19 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Now let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Unless you are supporting megacasual HuDawg just throwing out insults left and right.

I never insulted anyone in this topic.. hell. I haven't even gotten started yet.   :D

• Haha 2

This video perfectly illustrates how a counselor is screwed once Jason is in rage and gets grabbed as I stated in a couple other threads.

The entire process looks extremely goofy. 

It would be much better if a counselor, while Jason is in rage, gets grabbed and cannot be knocked off by another counselor.  Instead of the grab, drop, grab, drop, grab, drop, grab drop weapon break, grab, dead gameplay that now exists end game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The entire process looks extremely goofy. 

It would be much better if a counselor, while Jason is in rage, gets grabbed and cannot be knocked off by another counselor.  Instead of the grab, drop, grab, drop, grab, drop, grab drop weapon break, grab, dead gameplay that now exists end game. 

Think most would agree that it looks a bit goofy.  But I don't think it would be fair if the counselors could not be knocked free.

Since Jason can no longer be stunned.  The way I see it.. Jason needs a half second delay before being able to grab again after be forced to drop a counselor after getting hit.

That would probably be the easiest fix to the goofiness.   

45 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This isn't a competitive game.. Never was.. never will be.   Sure people can try and play competitive, it doesn't change anything.  

Ok, so you don't get a little frustrated when you miss a shift grab? Or, when Jason snatched you up when you missed a swing. Or, when you screw up a fix and it alerts Jason? Even just playing with my friends, those instances make it competitive. Not even talking about tournament play, just against my friends in private or whatever. There is a level of competition.

25 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Ok, so you don't get a little frustrated when you miss a shift grab? Or, when Jason snatched you up when you missed a swing. Or, when you screw up a fix and it alerts Jason? Even just playing with my friends, those instances make it competitive. Not even talking about tournament play, just against my friends in private or whatever. There is a level of competition.

I get what you're saying, but to me a competitive game is built around being competitive from the ground up.

To me this is a casual party game.  Sure you can  try to play it competitively.   But just because someone does play it competitively doesn't mean I take them any more seriously than someone who doesn't.

This is why I always step on Tommyboys toes when he starts stomping around the place acting like he owns it.

• Like 1

I don't agree with him. 

Jason could use a few alterations to his late game (Flares and/or firecrackers working as they used to.) I've seen too many "gurus", experts, and high level Jason's take advantage of their skills and knowledge to humiliate lower level Jason players to think we need to go back to the old ways. 

Low tier Jason's, the guys who still don't trap objectives, tunnel a single counselor until they kill them no matter what happens, and who don't bother to try to play better don't get helped out unless the counselors want to troll them. Counselors trying to play as intended and thus trying to escape, do so.

Medium tier Jason's who know enough to trap, when to focus on something and who adapt get immense help. They still need to deal with bats to the face in the early game, but they get the boost they need in the latter half. They also get a big boost against trolls.

High tier counselors generally don't even need the stun resist. They are good enough to kill a majority regardless. The one thing it does is make catching the straggler at the end easier. High tiers do also benefit in that if an organized group tries to troll and keep them in a stunned state, that frustration will now be shorter lived. 

Guru whining because without exploiting, he lacks true skill to survive without an army protecting him and a pile of resources.

I've been surviving the night with Chappa, post patch... we all have to adapt.

End of the day, GamePlayingGuru is a known exploiter and deserves 0 credibility.

Far more people know me than that guy or know my involvement with the community and imo, this guy has to go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's hard for any asymmetrical horror game to be considered competitive, but competition is embedded in our DNA, so like anything F13 can be played with various competitive scoring formats. 

But on a whole, HuDawg is right. This is a party game for 95% of the F13 community.

Until/unless Gun wants to put out an official scoring system, you're really only going to have the same 12 or so teams that compete.

Also, there is no money involved in these Tourneys. The guy that ran our tourney gave out some nice prizes. So I'm not shitting on him. But since there is no money involved a 20 team tourney dwindles into a 14 team tourney. Teams drop all the time. Don't like the rules. Drop. Oh sorry, I can't find anytime on Saturday or Sunday to play. Drop. If there were entry fees, teams would be held accountable to actually play on a set time with set rules. 

Anyway. That's my thought on that. And no, I did not get the little action figure to go with the trophy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, malloymk said:

That's my thought on that. And no, I did not get the little action figure to go with the trophy.

Very informative, it sucks you didn’t get the figure, it was the best part.

I’m curious about if tournaments all allow exploits or wether it’s only some, if anyone knows? I would think that a point based game would discourage that behaviour as it could lead to imbalanced scoring of various teams.

11 minutes ago, malloymk said:

It's hard for any asymmetrical horror game to be considered competitive, but competition is embedded in our DNA, so like anything F13 can be played with various competitive scoring formats. 

But on a whole, HuDawg is right. This is a party game for 95% of the F13 community.

Until/unless Gun wants to put out an official scoring system, you're really only going to have the same 12 or so teams that compete.

Also, there is no money involved in these Tourneys. The guy that ran our tourney gave out some nice prizes. So I'm not shitting on him. But since there is no money involved a 20 team tourney dwindles into a 14 team tourney. Teams drop all the time. Don't like the rules. Drop. Oh sorry, I can't find anytime on Saturday or Sunday to play. Drop. If there were entry fees, teams would be held accountable to actually play on a set time with set rules. 

Anyway. That's my thought on that. And no, I did not get the little action figure to go with the trophy.

I have 0 competitiveness in my body. Coaches hated me playing sports growing up. I was just out there to have fun. I never "Have" to win. I play for the enjoyment of playing.  But I get what you are saying.. lol

50 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Very informative, it sucks you didn’t get the figure, it was the best part.

I’m curious about if tournaments all allow exploits or wether it’s only some, if anyone knows? I would think that a point based game would discourage that behaviour as it could lead to imbalanced scoring of various teams.

I forget all the rules, but the tournament we competed in did not allow for exploits.

And it's all good. The trophy was more than enough for me.

47 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I forget all the rules, but the tournament we competed in did not allow for exploits.

And it's all good. The trophy was more than enough for me.

That’s good to know, the implication that you have to use them to play at tournament level was kinda bothering me.

Congrates on the win, the trophy is pretty cool. When I saw the pic, my first thought was that I’d compete for cool custom figures but I’m a sucker for cool merch.