43 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

I’m new to this and don’t know how to put more than one quote in. I don’t get on here often and quoting each one in one reply is a lot and having to delete all and go through ALL of it to put certain paragraphs in. My attention span is horrible and my patience is horrendous. So just bear with me. 

And no I’m not stupid or acting annoying or anything. I’m simply putting in my opinion as everyone else is and hoping for good results. Jason only resetting traps that were disarmed with pocket knives is a good idea. The ones that are stepped in can’t be reset yet a counselor can’t spray themselves. It’s more of a decision challenge and figuring out what’s better, disarming and having him reset it again or stepping in it and losing health and not healing yourself.

In my eyes, they are good ideas. But everyone has an opinion so we can agree to disagree with each other.

Hey, if you don’t know how to do something, ask. You can collect all the quotes using the + button beside quote, or scroll up and add more as you type. 

You’re first post about traps doesn’t make it clear that any stepped in trap permanently reduces the Counselor to limping. This idea changes your first posts meaning. If traps had started this way, it probably would have been changed to how it is now, so I don’t think it’s a good idea. One point against it, is it would make no sense for Counselor traps not to do the same and that would give trolls a new toy. Even if only Jason’s traps did it, it would lead to almost as many complaints as we’ve had lately, so even though it isn’t as bad as your first post made it out to be, it still wouldn’t make the game better.

This next part isn’t directed at you, well not specifically. Opinions are not facts, they are not arguments, opinions that contain neither have no value when compared to opinions that do. Opinions can be wrong. So merely stating you have one doesn’t give it value. 

Hope you don’t take that personally, really but I hope you do listen to it. Welcome to camp, Thick Skin is required. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:34 PM, Vanessaismymain said:

My biggest problem with this patch is the reasoning behind it. Jason should be like the movies, well if were going by that logic, then Jason would die every game. I feel like players are being punished because Jason falls down and the counselor would dance and Jason players have taken it personal. 

Well if you want the game to reflect the movies also.....show me one of the films that had counselors gang banging Jason for 20 minutes..........

What do you mean there aren’t???!!!!!!

The  changes made were not meant to punish players but to bring the game back to its original design....Jason more of a threat with out the appearance of being weak.... and to really combat him when absolutely necessary.....not because he shows up and now it’s time to stomp a muddy hole in his ass.

I don't agree when people say this is balanced. Counselors fighting ability has a timer on it how is this balanced? 

First 10 minutes benefits counselor gameplay the last 10 minutes benefits Jason sounds pretty balanced....But I do stress more tweaks are needed...

Players left the game and in hopes they return, they get a buff, and good players that continue to play and didn't leave should be made easier to get squashed by them? That isn't fair to long time players for any reason. That's where the problem comes in, this is a game!  

Correct it is a game developed by Gun and Illfonic / black tower and we will always have to adapt to the design the developers want for the game...... for now at least.

The developers didn’t decided to make the changes.... for the  “ complainers” or the Jasons that took it personally......just listen to Wes during the Beyond streams he repeatedly says that Jason was easily made to look weak and that was something that needed a drastic change....here we are.

at least more is coming and maybe even some that address the combat at the end of the match we will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

My biggest problem with this patch is the reasoning behind it. Jason should be like the movies, well if were going by that logic, then Jason would die every game. I feel like players are being punished because Jason falls down and the counselor would dance and Jason players have taken it personal

I don't agree when people say this is balanced. Counselors fighting ability has a timer on it how is this balanced? 

Players left the game and in hopes they return, they get a buff, and good players that continue to play and didn't leave should be made easier to get squashed by them? That isn't fair to long time players for any reason. That's where the problem comes in, this is a game!  

Why not look to the novels and comics where Jason often killed everybody?

Players are not being punished, Jason is being rewarded with the ability to not be a punching bag. Simply put, the old game mechanics meant that even top tier Jasons, the best of the best had limited recourse when facing a group who wanted to beatstick him. His slashes don't stun, medic means the counselor can heal and thick skin means he has to hit them even more to get them to limping. With that, under the current patch, unless you're trying to beat Jason into rage, you can likely be off the map before he gets it. If you're not being a jerk, you're not pushing Jason into rage three minutes in, you're not being punished. 

Jason's killing ability has a timer, how is that fair? Given enough time Jason will eventually wear down a counselor as they use resources and accrue damage. Even the best counselor isn't going to last an hour. But because of the time limit, Jason has to nail 7+Tommy in 20 minutes. That is less than three minutes per player. Not very much time. Anyway, counselors shouldn't be engaged in long term battles with Jason. This isn't Lord of the Rings, this is Friday the 13th. 

1 hour ago, Friday_Queen said:

I’m new to this and don’t know how to put more than one quote in. I don’t get on here often and quoting each one in one reply is a lot and having to delete all and go through ALL of it to put certain paragraphs in. My attention span is horrible and my patience is horrendous. So just bear with me. 

And no I’m not stupid or acting annoying or anything. I’m simply putting in my opinion as everyone else is and hoping for good results. Jason only resetting traps that were disarmed with pocket knives is a good idea. The ones that are stepped in can’t be reset yet a counselor can’t spray themselves. It’s more of a decision challenge and figuring out what’s better, disarming and having him reset it again or stepping in it and losing health and not healing yourself.

In my eyes, they are good ideas. But everyone has an opinion so we can agree to disagree with each other.

Eh. Not being able to heal from traps set makes Thick Skin a must have in the meta, and even then almost everybody would die. There are simply not enough pocketknives to risk if Jason can just come in and reset. So everybody goes for Thick skin and everybody steps in one trap each and Jason can't replace them. Or some people don't bother and people can't escape. Baghead becomes the must have Jason blah blah. Your idea limits options more than it makes people make dynamic choices. Either everybody know what to do and steps up or everybody dies. Yay. 

• Like 1

@Oct311978 You're right! I would like to add though, there's no movies where they simply call the police and escape, nor is there any films where they escape using a car, the films end with the remaining characters giving Jason a fight. 

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

I completely agree... I was not trying to say it isn't. When counselors use swift attacker in groups of two or more, it can be extremely effective. My only point here was that, with practice... it is extremely easy to counter a swift attacker who is alone... making it useless when alone against a Jason player who know how to deal with it.

I am not the only one that bashes that combo.... and it does get ridiculous after you count the twentieth med spray used when fighting four counselors. And some people wonder why Jason players find it frustrating to be used as a piñata. 
   But I disagree that very few people run it... they are called the meta perks for a reason... And the reason is that more people do use them than people that do not use them.

Hi Ahab, apologies I may have not explained myself properly. You stand correct when you call them meta perks, my remark is on the fact that in a group of hunters you don't usually find them together because that combination sucker punch/medic/thick skin is inferior to swift attacker/sucker punch and either medic or thick skin.

We did intensive testing and the best combination to bring more wins home is like this:

Sucker punch is needed when you are sweater girl as you may need to save a Tommy or a demasker, it is also needed by the demaskers because they need to come back as Tommy and make sure they will kneel Jason so that must be part of the picture.

Swift attacker is godlike for savings people and PK are not always around. It gives you the chance for a free hit, uncounterable, on a running Jason without entering on the kill zone when someone is keeping the aggro on Jason and it also guarantees a non-dodgeable, even by a great Jason, hit when the killer come out of a stun. So after months of testing this is something you need to have in team play.

So two perks are gone, as for the third one or the other is kinda the same, we mainly run thick skin on demaskers and medic on possible sweater girls/runners but it is mainly a matter of choice.

As for the rest, I don't really play private games unless we are training but in real match I only do quick play and in quick play killing Jason is often the most reasonable thing to if the lobby doesn't cooperate (which is 80% of the game in EU on ps4, never tried PC it may differ).

We have been trying to escape for the whole last week and in the end after few minutes when nobody is doing anything, then we need to resort to try a kill to try and save the day.

Most of the time I end up with no car keys because people keep them, no fuse for the same reason and then you are done. Given this very common fact, it becomes a necessity to try and kill Jason especially now that our team is only 2 people for the 2 left after the patch. 

That doesn't mean you cannot win obviously but in a non-collaborative lobby, two well-coordinated players are more independent to try and get the kill rather than try to escape. It is a simple fact that fewer people steal the sweater as opposed to taking care keys and fuse.

I get decent lobbies maybe once every 6 games, the situation is dramatic. This has forced some players to simply accept the fact of the need to risk and try for the kill and if you fail you die and so be it.

Prior to this patch, there was another great option which was to fight back and survive the night, which was probably my favourite thing to do. Now this option is gone, unless you just try to run for few minutes which isn't something I particularly enjoy doing. It is my hope that invulnerable Jason will be fixed soon with something more logical like a stun protection for few seconds, like 5 without rage and 20 with rage, after a stun which would grant Jason the possibility of slashing through pinata parties but would also give the chance for a dramatic final chase, which is very much part of the franchise of Friday the 13th.

Final girl desperate standing is a trademark of many films. Let's see what the future holds.

Have a great night/day whichever ones suits your time zone :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Prior to this patch, there was another great option which was to fight back and survive the night, which was probably my favourite thing to do. Now this option is gone, unless you just try to run for few minutes which isn't something I particularly enjoy doing. It is my hope that invulnerable Jason will be fixed soon with something more logical like a stun protection for few seconds, like 5 without rage and 20 with rage, after a stun which would grant Jason the possibility of slashing through pinata parties but would also give the chance for a dramatic final chase, which is very much part of the franchise of Friday the 13th.

You should go watch episode 2 of Beyond, the Pubs have been pretty clear on the answers given in that episode. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You should go watch episode 2 of Beyond, the Pubs have been pretty clear on the answers given in that episode. 

Oh, Slasher my man! such a long time, I hope all is great with you :)

You stand correct and I am probably just dreaming and hoping for the invulnerability to go for something different, but you know dreaming is quite free so I will keep hoping :)

I had many useful convos regarding DBD killers with the dev team, which I am fairly confident brought to improvements of the hag (my favourite killer) so not all hope is lost for me.

Anyway, have a great day, speak soon!

35 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

@Oct311978 You're right! I would like to add though, there's no movies where they simply call the police and escape, nor is there any films where they escape using a car, the films end with the remaining characters giving Jason a fight. 

2 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

this is a game!  

I believe you already answered any question you would have around win conditions for one side or the other. It’s a game both sides are given the best shot at achieving a win condition, balance is when the average lobby has an equal shot at success. 

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Nobody is entitled to surviving the round.

I agree. Earning a survival in a round is a different story. I'd rather earn it than have it handed to me.

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

@HaHaTrumpWon what do you mean, "you people"?😉

I just knew that someone was gonna ask that. 😎

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Opinions are not facts, they are not arguments, opinions that contain neither have no value when compared to opinions that do. Opinions can be wrong. So merely stating you have one doesn’t give it value.

o·pin·ion

NOUN

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

First 10 minutes benefits counselors game  play the last 10 minutes benefits Jason sounds pretty balanced....I do stress more tweaks are needed...

This is a pretty interesting way to look at it.

1 hour ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I would like to add though, there's no movies where they simply call the police and escape, nor is there any films where they escape using a car, the films end with the remaining characters giving Jason a fight. 

While the films ended with a fight to the finish, one should not expect that every single match.

1 hour ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Final girl desperate standing is a trademark of many films. Let's see what the future holds.

People are still fighting Jason in Rage, but are a bit more cautious with those hits. Some even still manage to survive.

55 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'm enjoying the weekly broadcasts.

Thanks @mattshotcha for access to these on Youtube.

28 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

balance is when the average lobby has an equal shot at success. 

This is a very practical perspective on balance.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2019 at 6:19 PM, Vanessaismymain said:

I agree and you are right that the movies don’t usually end with police to the rescue or riding a car or boat out to safety....these were added to the game to give players extra goals/options to survive.

All characters definitely have the option to give Jason a fight....the question is? 

Is it a risky thing to do......as it is in the films....most interactions with Jason = Death especially combat.

Also the other escape options were added in because the developers intended the scenario of killing Jason to be much harder....a 1 in 70 to 100 matches type of situation..........that is not the case because of gameplay mechanics that have almost always been geared to making counselor gameplay easier.... he is killed nearly every 3 or 4 matches.... and that is a bit of a problem.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:21 PM, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

We did intensive testing and the best combination to bring more wins home is like this:

I know a few awesome Jason hunters... Their own choices of perks do differ somewhat from each other and they all do very well with them. The best perks to use for any player really are whichever perks help the most with the style of play they use. A few of them do use the three you like the best, and others use different combinations with some build using only one of the perks you mentioned.

Swift attacker is godlike for savings people and PK are not always around. It gives you the chance for a free hit, uncounterable, on a running Jason without entering on the kill zone when someone is keeping the aggro on Jason and it also guarantees a non-dodgeable, even by a great Jason, hit when the killer come out of a stun. So after months of testing this is something you need to have in team play.

Swift attacker is a great perk when in a group, I completely agree with you on that... and against many Jason players it is not counterable in a 1 on 1 fight.... But not against all of them. If I have even one throwing knife... that lone counselor with swift attacker will end up in a grab 9 out of 10 times... I am VERY well practiced at countering it. And if they have a pocket knife and I run out of throwing knives... I will abandon the chase to find more knives as I know where it leads to without them. Even before the block was slowed, it was near impossible to get into block quick enough to counter swift attacker... But a well timed quick throw is another matter entirely... and if they were close enough to hit me, then they will be grabbed 100% of the time that I land that quick throw as they are already lined up for the grab that follows it. I have countered and easily killed a great many players using swift attacker against me 1 on 1... and if it was my first time doing it to them... their reactions are universally laughable... But this took A LOT of practice to get good at doing it.
   It is not necessarily required for any counselor in a group though... many players do very well without it. It is really just a personal preference for individual players. 

Myself, I used it for a little while... in my early days... but I always found that when I switched it out for another perk... it screwed up my timing on a swing as I had let it become habit. For a long, long time now... I do not bother fighting Jason unless I am trying to save someone from the grip... or by some miracle, other players convince me to participate in a Jason kill. In a great many games that I have played... I never even took a swing at the big guy.
    I have tried out a great many perks (but not necessarily all of them), but I like the no fear build over the others... at least... so far.
    I do have a legendary swift attacker... I just never use it.

We have been trying to escape for the whole last week and in the end after few minutes when nobody is doing anything, then we need to resort to try a kill to try and save the day.

Even great teamwork does not necessarily avoid the dreaded 8 of 8 kills every time... we all have good games and bad game from both sides of play.
   I just never give up on the objectives.... and VERY rarely try for a Jason kill. I will sacrifice myself to allow others a chance to complete an objective or escape... and am often rewarded by one or more counselors escaping. Also, being I only play the slow counselors... I make a great distraction while others are escaping on the boat, or just trying to get other objectives completed... Many Jason players cannot resist the slow counselors that appear to be an easy kill... and I am fully capable of leading them on a very long and merry chase... without ever taking a swing at them.
   Many of the players I see running out the clock really only achieve this because I opened every single window that they use to avoid Jason... often avoiding him at the last moment, only because the window was already opened.... Jason does not have the time to smash every window and if you keep moving, it does not give him time to smash every window on the cabin you are in at the time...
    So many players only think of themselves... and that is detrimental to the overall success of the team. I try to do everything I can that will help every other player... and that includes myself. If I can escape without sacrificing myself... I will. But it does not bother me to die... or even be part of a lobby that got wiped out... It happens.
    Other players might go for a Jason kill... and those times they fail for whatever reason... it was players getting objectives finished that gave them their only hope of escape.

Most of the time I end up with no car keys because people keep them, no fuse for the same reason and then you are done.

In my experience at least, this is not very common. I have played with and saved many of the randoms I come across in quick play... and many of them that remember this offer me the keys if I am available to drive them out. Most of my friends will offer me the keys as well... but this really only deprives these other players of the practice they may need at driving and avoiding Jason. Non of us can get any better at anything without practice.
   Many times that I do see players hording keys or the fuse... they end up getting themselves killed which leaves it plainly visible on the map, wherever they took it. So even when this happens, the team still has a good chance of escaping.
   But, everyone's in game experiences are different. I know many players seem to run into nothing but toxic players... But that trend cannot hold out for long, there are also a lot of good people out there in quick play land.

Many players like to fight Jason... and now feel this option has been taken away from them. They have the players that used him as a piñata for shits and giggles to thank for the rage buff. "Making Jason look like a clown" is not good for the franchise itself and there is a reason we never saw a piñata party staring Mr. Voorhees in ANY of the films. It is also against the license holder's and the devs views on what Jason should be. This has been stated MANY times, to MANY people.
   The option to fight him has not been taken away though... now players have to be more selective about when to do it. The ONLY thing that has been taken away are stuns in rage mode. A great many players have already adapted to this and are doing just fine.
   Many players I know that left the game due to the frustration of being used as a piñata are returning to the game... and I am seeing less of the idiots that were responsible for the frustration levels for MANY Jason players being so high they put the game down... This is a good thing. People do not play the game to become frustrated or stressed out... EVERYBODY has enough of that kind of crap in their own "real" lives. Games are an escape and people play them to have fun... People that have fun by annoying others are the very definition of "assholes". There is a great many ways to play this or any other game without being an "asshole" to other players... And anything that frustrates these types of players is a welcome breath of fresh air.
    I have witnessed a great many "dramatic final chases" since the patch... So many in fact, that I am eating way too much popcorn.

This is a trademark of every film in the franchise… and many other great films and stories out there. There is a reason for this... Story Structure.
   This is also the reason many players give to "prove their point" about why Jason should die in every match. It is an easily overturned argument after story structure and changes in mediums is explained... which I have explained a great many times... to a great many people... and each one of them should have learned this by the time grade nine "literature" class has been completed.

I also wish you a great day (or night)… and I also wish you better luck with the types of people you meet in game... Your luck on that seems overdue for a turnaround on that one.
    I have met a great many friends playing this game that are great people... We still have a blast playing together in a game that, when I purchased it... I thought for sure that I would be bored of it in a month... I was very wrong on that point... Still having fun a year and a half later.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, Risinggrave said:

A big quote

I agree, putting the icon for the items on the map was a good idea, i shudder to think how the game would be now with the post rage buff if no icons for parts or the
fuse weren't located on the map. I tend to be by myself most of the time because i try to find parts more so the fuse now as i find it's a more sure way to escape
if you get in those lobbies where nothing gets done, so if Jason's on me and it's a big map, i'll try to waste his time if i can't get near anyone.
Unless it's teammates who dance around you and try to body block you because they're trying to help their Jason friend. 

I don't know, i was trying to think of something that could've been a idea for the game, i originally said traps should kill someone but that would be too op, but
people go on about chain stunning, but how many times have you been a Jason with 5+ traps and you double or triple trap the phone, and someone has medic and they
keep walking over traps and healing up? I personally don't have a problem with it, but i would've thought they'd look into that instead of the rage because traps
are suppose to be objective control, and Part 2 Jason is virtually useless if his traps are countered easily (im a part 2 main) and one of the big reasons i have
success with him is because i can morph around real quick if someone triggers a trap but if people run all over them with medic, then it becomes a big challenge.

You said "have you considered playing hard mode Jasons"?. I was responding that Me and a friend had played "hard mode" in high ping lobbies. I don't know if you have
played in a 400-500 ping lobby before, but trust me, it's messed up. Shift grabbing is all over the place with the lag, you get grabbed by Jason 20 meters away, the
animations are a lot quicker, swift attacker on 20% feels like it's 40%. That was our hard mode, but we stopped playing with them because they never wanted to come
and try our ping, they would just complain about how laggy it was, but we never did, because we saw it as a challenge, but sometimes, you do want to play in low ping.

I meant that when i get rage, it's too easy because no one can fight back, i enjoyed that because i couldn't just be a braindead Jason walking up to people, against
good players, they try to bait you out to go for a grab then hit you when you miss (which i can assume happened to alot of players, hence the complaining), i narrow
that down to what made me a better Jason player, learning how to outsmart juking counselors. Now all i have to do is pursuit them and wear them down, it's not fun 
anymore. Jason did get hit and stunned a lot of times in the movies, Part 2 was literally bullied by Jenny. Gun only did it in response to the dancing team trolls
who would just abuse and taunt Jasons, i used to do it as a means to survive, so forgive me if i sound salty (which i am) but i feel im being punished because of the
actions of trolls who didn't want to play the game properly. 

That's why i said the new slash buff that hits multiple counselors was a good additon, it helps against the type of situation with multiple counselors trying to stun
you, and medic should be taken out the game because sprays should be used as a way to heal yourself in the right way or help a counselor out, not use medic and keep
spraying yourself to fight Jason, if they did that, they wouldn't need the post rage because you could hit multiple targerts and they would be limited in terms of
healing themselves. Part 3 Jason and Jasons with Destruction would have a feast. I've seen that happen a lot, in fact that was one of the reasons why i hated the chain
stunning, because experienced players would team up on new Jasons, and make out they're so OP when all they're doing is beating up on new players, happens in every
multiplayer game. That's the whole "i'm not escaping because i have a pocket knife, so i'm going to keep juking and wasting peoples time until i get grabbed, and then
i'll escape". Like you said life sucks sometimes, you're going to get players like that, if you can't kill a Chad and keep getting baited, you aren't a good Jason. We
can't keep nerfing or buffing everything, Jason should be fun, but he needs a challenge, we can't make everything in his favour because his too OP as it is, the only
fairness is early game which is why you would see people escape because they actually get stuff done, but most games aren't like that, you talk about the games where
there is competent players, what about the majority that don't have that, because i bet to you that right now overall, there is way more incompetent games then there is
competent. Jason's need to work for their kills, not just get a hand out for not being able to be stunned, there's no challenge in that other than just pursuit someone.

You have options, you can block their attacks, bait them into trying to hit then grab them, or slash and try to get out of the way. There are options, or even throw
throwing knifes at them. Calling the cops is part of the game but like you just said, you've obviously had bad experiences with Chads trolling you so you're virtually
admitting you were one of those people who couldn't adapt. That situation all goes back to the phone, you wouldn't been in that situation if the cops weren't called
i know, sometimes cops get called, but to say that it was annoying because of them stunning you or having a pocket knife when you grabbed them and then they escaped, 
Was all traced back to the cops being called. 

No, i agree, if good Jason's are able to kill you and the entire lobby it's a GG. But im talking about if it's a good Jason and you have bad teammates, it feels 
virtually like it's Jason v 1 or 2 decent counselors and the rest are bad, so it feels like 1v1 which we all know is highly unfair but that's the state the game
is in at the moment. Haha, i actually have never had much of a problem with our boy Chad, you just need to learn how to counter and make sure you don't get sucked
into the bait. 

I used to try Buggzy but the repair was too bad, so i switched to Adam as i found i can do a bit of everything, repair, fight, help others out. I tend to either grab
the sweater with her, in case people actually try to kill Jason, or run parts to objectives, if i have to, ill repair parts if no one else is doing it. Eric isn't the
best, but if you have a bat or a wrench, you can hold your on if Jason is targeting slower smarter counselors and good Jasons will go after them. Yeah, i play it from
time to time, but honest opinion, not much as i find it not as enjoyable but if people still play it that's good because we need to try and keep this game alive because
it's a great game that had some bad luck to be honest. 

On 2/14/2019 at 8:11 PM, Ahab said:

A big quote

If you know how to juke Jason in the car, then as you said most times, you will escape without him stopping it, i'm not the best in terms of driving through the bush, 
but i like to think of myself as a good juker i.e if i see his trying to shift behind the car, i'll stop and drive forward, or if its the other way, drive forward, or 
if he tries to fake going one direction but goes the other, then i just wait and see. It's a lot more techincal then people think.

Well my friend as i have said, has all those stealth avoidance sense perks on AJ at their highest %, and if his not trying to repair objectives, then i leave him to
last because while i agree, it is a big challenge to find them, i always do eventually, if their the last one left, i cut all the power and keep morphing around, it 
takes longer then other times, but it eventually works. Swift attacker is still a good perk, if you know how to deal with it as Jason or any counselor that is trying
to bait you to stun you then you can work around it but it can still catch you off guard, that's why i said, it's about outsmarting the other person rather than just
braindead walk up to them expecting to kill them. I use it on counselors like Eric, because it helps to get around a bit easier. I don't use them either, the only
time i'd use thick skin would be if a good Jason is good at throwing knifes. 

If more people are coming back because of that, then that is good, trust me, im one person and the game doesn't revolve around me, but im allowed to vent my annoyance
just like others have. Back in the older days where you stunned for up to 15 seconds, yeah that wasn't fun, but they reduce that to 5 or so so it was made a bit easier. 
I just feel like it's bad luck too be honest, new players are starting to play with experienced players, when most of us played it was right at the start where everyone
didn't know anything and had to learn at the same time, now it's very hard for new players to learn because of the expereince others have, so i can see why that would
turn some people off the game. I just saw it as a way to be more smarter and learn to try and counter people's styles. That's why some of these new updates helped that
i.e the slash buff, hitting multiple counselors would help that and also taking out medic would help to because they wouldn't be able to keep healing each other. 
Thing is, if it gets to easy, then it becomes boring and most people don't want a challenge, they just want to be able to go in as Jason and get easy kills, it shouldn't
be like that, you should be made to earn your kills, like counselors escaping, it should be earned. Jason has his tools to outsmart the counselors, he shouldn't be made
to be able to kill them with ease. i don't have a problem dying, it's the fact that i die if the whole lobby is incompetent and i can't escape and i can't defend myself
i don't think it's fair if that happens because it's a team game, not a single player game. If that situation happened, i was able to hold my own and fight Jason off till 
the end or get killed and call it a gg but at least i was able to defend myself if the situation arrived where escaping was not going to happen. If they didn't put the rage
buff in, people would still be trying to chain stun so that buff would be good more so if you've got a whole group of them at the car trying to escape in it. I can adapt
to this new update, but too me it's not fun and it's boring now if you're Jason. 

I'm not being over confident, i'm speaking about experience, the reason why in my opinion i became a really good Jason was because i used to play in 400-500ping lobbies
against all lvl 150 players in 60 odd ping. It made me a lot better because of the disadvantage and yes we do have bad games, but i can't remember the last time i didn't
kill at least 6/8, it's been a while. Yeah it's annoying, but me and my friend found it as a way of playing hard mode in our terms. It was good, because as i said, it made
me a better player. 

You always get those one's who boast about how good they are and get wrecked, obviously i am the in the same boat as them, because words over the internet don't hold water
as opposed to doing it in the game, but i wouldn't lie about it and i have no doubt that you're a smart counselor so if it ever happened, i'm sure it would be a great
matchup but im only saying it because i have had that type of player before and with the new rage buff, it mades dealing with that type of player much easier. Lol, i love
those types of Jasons that boast how good they are, sounds like he was lying and he probably wasn't as good as he claimed. I never boast to anyone in the game, in fact
i like to call myself modest. i don't brag, i only said to you what i would do if you were in the lobby, but im basing it from experience and with that comes the
knowledge of learning how to deal with most aspects of the game and learning what people try to do i.e juke. I've never died as Jason (real fact), but there have been 
times where i almost have, i should've been killed one game but the counselors messed up on stunning me to early when the sweater was used, so i can't say that it was
my own skill, more so their mistake. 

Well whenever they do new patches, it's going to upset people and please others, can't make everyone happy. 

On 2/15/2019 at 8:36 PM, Friday_Queen said:

A big quote

Funny thing about blocking was people used to complain about that as well even though Jason blocking melee attacks is a normal part of the game, if you have good reflexes
and know when they're going to try and stun you, you can block then grab them, it takes more skill but can be done. Yeah if they were going to make him to the point
where he can't be stunned by melee attacks, everything else should stun him becuase there are plenty of flare guns and firecrackers, but not so much shotguns. 
Yeah but i think you need to understand that doing the body blocking and blocking attacks does require more attention to detail and skill, which not being mean but being
honest, most Jason's couldn't adapt to, they wanted to get free and easy kills and not have to outsmart the counselors, but in rage, they can get easy kills now if 
counselors still try to fight Jason. 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:10 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Are you people STILL whining about Jason being un-stunnable in Rage? Get over it, the Devs already said they're not going to reverse the patch. Jason's had quite enough nerfs since launch and counselors have had more then their fair share of buffs. If Jason has Rage and you run out of stamina/nobody's fixed anything/you're limping with no spray/etc... so what? Try again next game.

Nobody is entitled to surviving the round.

That's actually pretty harsh considering that a lot of those situations are what new players have to deal with because it's not like how many of us had it where we all started at the beginning, new players are trying to learn against much more experienced players and you virtually say tough luck. I could say the same about players who complained about being stunned by multiple counselors who cried to GUN to help them. "So what, move onto the next game you play as Jason and hopefully you don't have chain stunners". Imagine what those people would say. "Oh, but i don't want to learn how to adapt to not being bullied, i want a easier time to play as Jason because i'm too lazy to learn how to counter different styles of the game". No, but everyone is entitled to try and survive if Jason kills everyone before objectives are done or you have a incompetent lobby. Seems GUN only placed emphasis on helping salty Jason players who couldn't counter certain aspects of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

That's actually pretty harsh considering that a lot of those situations are what new players have to deal with because it's not like how many of us had it where we all started at the beginning, new players are trying to learn against much more experienced players and you virtually say tough luck. I could say the same about players who complained about being stunned by multiple counselors who cried to GUN to help them. "So what, move onto the next game you play as Jason and hopefully you don't have chain stunners". Imagine what those people would say. "Oh, but i don't want to learn how to adapt to not being bullied, i want a easier time to play as Jason because i'm too lazy to learn how to counter different styles of the game". No, but everyone is entitled to try and survive if Jason kills everyone before objectives are done or you have a incompetent lobby. Seems GUN only placed emphasis on helping salty Jason players who couldn't counter certain aspects of the game. 

When I began having problems with bullies, I went and watched videos of/talked to better Jason's to see how they were handling it. It helped, but ultimately I found that the issue wasn't game-play, it was game-mechanics. 

This video isn't mine, so I can't edit out everything but the relevant part. Instead, just watch from about 1:03 to about 2:45. 

See that? That shit was never intended to happen... EVER. It got that way because counselors wouldn't stop crying about how it's too hard to survive (kinda like they're doing now). In response, the first Dev team nerfed Jason to the point of absurdity. The new Dev team looked at the state of the game and decided making Jason un-stunnable in Rage (with a couple of exceptions) was an appropriate step in the right direction. 

And you know what? It fuckin' WORKED... No, it didn't solve every single little problem. No, it's not perfect and will need adjusting over time. No, it's not the most well-received patch this game has had. Be that as it may, it still went a long way towards eliminating pinata-parties like the ones in this video. Since the patch, I've only had maybe two instances where the counselors even attempted it with me, and both of those ended in disaster. Do you know why? Because they're finally forced to actually PLAY the game as it was intended. You can adapt and work together, or you can beat Jason silly, send him into a very early Rage, and then get the living shit killed out of you. 

Yeah, it IS harsh. The truth usually is.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Thunder said:

No offense, but no one is entitled to anything when it comes to this game. You play the game based on the rules and mechanics that correspond at that time. You win or you lose, end of story. That goes for veterans, newcomers, casuals, trolls and any other players.

Keep in mind that adjustments will continue to be made until the developers are satisfied with where the game stands. Until then, players have four options:

1. Keep playing the way they play now, and accept the outcome.

2. Make adjustments to your play style as needed, and take what outcome that brings.

3. Move on to another game for a while, and come back later to see if things are more to their liking.

4. Leave this game and never look back.

Reverting to how things were before this patch is not a very likely option. The road to change is a bit bumpy, but we'll all get through it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2019 at 4:51 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

When I began having problems with bullies, I went and watched videos of/talked to better Jason's to see how they were handling it. It helped, but ultimately I found that the issue wasn't game-play, it was game-mechanics. 

This video isn't mine, so I can't edit out everything but the relevant part. Instead, just watch from about 1:03 to about 2:45. 

See that? That shit was never intended to happen... EVER. It got that way because counselors wouldn't stop crying about how it's too hard to survive (kinda like they're doing now). In response, the first Dev team nerfed Jason to the point of absurdity. The new Dev team looked at the state of the game and decided making Jason un-stunnable in Rage (with a couple of exceptions) was an appropriate step in the right direction. 

And you know what? It fuckin' WORKED... No, it didn't solve every single little problem. No, it's not perfect and will need adjusting over time. No, it's not the most well-received patch this game has had. Be that as it may, it still went a long way towards eliminating pinata-parties like the ones in this video. Since the patch, I've only had maybe two instances where the counselors even attempted it with me, and both of those ended in disaster. Do you know why? Because they're finally forced to actually PLAY the game as it was intended. You can adapt and work together, or you can beat Jason silly, send him into a very early Rage, and then get the living shit killed out of you. 

Yeah, it IS harsh. The truth usually is.

The 2 incidents in the video you pointed out are exactly what i have been saying to others on here. Counselors baiting Jason to either reach or swing and then stunning him. When that 1st Jason hit the Tiffany, he could've blocked her attempt to stun him but judging by the gameplay, that Jason looked like a new player. But that's my point, the counselors were out smarting the Jason's by baiting him, this is what i mean, those Jason's were sucked in to reaching and got stunned and they complained about Jason being a pussy. It's not Jason, it's the players inability to know when to reach and when not to. 

You just said it yourself, they nerfed Jason because fans complained about it, now they have buffed him because fans complained about him being weak, they got peer pressured into doing it. If enough fans threatened to stop playing and buying the game because Jason is to OP,  i reckon they would nerf  him again but hey, can't make everyone happy. 

The point is, that you are pointing the finger at the trolls like the one's in the video, not all of us who like to fight Jason are trolls, most of us do it to help distract him, or if you get a game where objectives weren't done and his right on you, you need to hit him, that was part of the game. But, let's see what the next update the do is, hopefully they back themselves because changing aspects of the game all the time doesn't look good on their part. 

On 2/18/2019 at 5:01 AM, Fair Play said:

No offense, but no one is entitled to anything when it comes to this game. You play the game based on the rules and mechanics that correspond at that time. You win or you lose, end of story. That goes for veterans, newcomers, casuals, trolls and any other players.

Keep in mind that adjustments will continue to be made until the developers are satisfied with where the game stands. Until then, players have four options:

1. Keep playing the way they play now, and accept the outcome.

2. Make adjustments to your play style as needed, and take what outcome that brings.

3. Move on to another game for a while, and come back later to see if things are more to their liking.

4. Leave this game and never look back.

Reverting to how things were before this patch is not a very likely option. The road to change is a bit bumpy, but we'll all get through it.

I said in a earlier post, that i am just one person, the game doesn't revolve around me, but i'm entitled to voice my agreement or disagreement as we all are. People complain non stop about things they don't like and the devs end up changing things by that standard. There was nothing wrong with Jason before this patch, it was the players who weren't smart enough or weren't motivated to try and adapt to how the trolls play, they wanted an easy way out and they got it. 

Personally, i'm in the middle of option 2 and 3. I play the game a little bit, not much, but i am playing other games at the moment, and i'll play Friday now, if me and a friend or 2 want to just switch games for a bit, but i'm not having much fun with to be honest but it's still one of my favorite games and it always will be regardless of what happens. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The 2 incidents in the video you pointed out are exactly what i have been saying to others on here. Counselors baiting Jason to either reach or swing and then stunning him. When that 1st Jason hit the Tiffany, he could've blocked her attempt to stun him but judging by the gameplay, that Jason looked like a new player. But that's my point, the counselors were out smarting the Jason's by baiting him, this is what i mean, those Jason's were sucked in to reaching and got stunned and they complained about Jason being a pussy. It's not Jason, it's the players inability to know when to reach and when not to. 

You just said it yourself, they nerfed Jason because fans complained about it, now they have buffed him because fans complained about him being weak, they got peer pressured into doing it. If enough fans threatened to stop playing and buying the game because Jason is to OP,  i reckon they would nerf  him again but hey, can't make everyone happy. 

The point is, that you are pointing the finger at the trolls like the one's in the video, not all of us who like to fight Jason are trolls, most of us do it to help distract him, or if you get a game where objectives weren't done and his right on you, you need to hit him, that was part of the game. But, let's see what the next update the do is, hopefully they back themselves because changing aspects of the game all the time doesn't look good on their part. 

"Peer pressure"? Bullshit. Not one person suggested Jason should have total immunity to stuns when in Rage. The most common suggestions were increased stun resistance, more HP, and shortened stun duration. The Devs knew all this, yet in the end, their decision was that the right thing to do was give him stun immunity in Rage. We didn't "pressure" anyone, they (new Dev team) looked at the situation and came to the conclusion that the old Dev team went way off-course with the balance of power. You're not SUPPOSED to use combat as a means of survival, you're supposed to use the phone/vehicles/hide/kill-Jason or run out the clock. 

And you don't "need" to hit Jason, you WANT to hit Jason. Trying to claim that the problem is with the Jason player and not the mechanics is the same as a nazi telling an old Jewish lady that the problem isn't the murderous dictatorship she lives under, it's the fact she's not Aryan enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There was nothing wrong with Jason before this patch, it was the players who weren't smart enough or weren't motivated to try and adapt to how the trolls play, they wanted an easy way out and they got it. 

So you're saying that because of bad game mechanics, people that were complaining about it was not smart? And also, that the general population of the game should have adapted to the way trolls were playing the game? Yeah, that makes sense. Glad you were able to come on the forums and clear all this up for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

There was nothing wrong with Jason before this patch, it was the players who weren't smart enough or weren't motivated to try and adapt to how the trolls play, they wanted an easy way out and they got it. 

There was plenty wrong with Jason before this patch, which in turn made playing as counselor too 'easy'.

Newbies like you obviously haven't played long.   Telling people to adapt..  wtf?

I remember when counselors would hide in cabins and hit Jason through the door...because facing him 1 vs 1 was an instant death.   Then the engine update happened with the new slower/longer grab and broked block.    Next thing you know everyone and their grandma was out there attacking Jason and all of sudden everyones a bad ass Jason killer.

Im not the biggest fan of being immune to stuns after getting rage.  But I would have done far worse in terms of nerfing counselors ability to fight Jason.  So it is what it is..  

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 12:16 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

"Peer pressure"? Bullshit. Not one person suggested Jason should have total immunity to stuns when in Rage. The most common suggestions were increased stun resistance, more HP, and shortened stun duration. The Devs knew all this, yet in the end, their decision was that the right thing to do was give him stun immunity in Rage. We didn't "pressure" anyone, they (new Dev team) looked at the situation and came to the conclusion that the old Dev team went way off-course with the balance of power. You're not SUPPOSED to use combat as a means of survival, you're supposed to use the phone/vehicles/hide/kill-Jason or run out the clock. 

And you don't "need" to hit Jason, you WANT to hit Jason. Trying to claim that the problem is with the Jason player and not the mechanics is the same as a nazi telling an old Jewish lady that the problem isn't the murderous dictatorship she lives under, it's the fact she's not Aryan enough.

It happens with all games that make changes, people keep complaining about something and then the devs end up buffing or nerfing something to please the fan base, but
the problem is that when you do a patch to make players happy, the other half aren't happy, so unless it's a majority complaint, then other players will be upset with
the new changes. Remember what you said earlier? " It got that way because counselors wouldn't stop crying about how it's too hard to survive (kinda like they're doing now). In response, the first Dev team nerfed Jason to the point of absurdity."
The new dev team clearly made the rework because of what trolls were doing to Jasons, that video you shared is what you see a lot on youtube and the devs would've
seen that and all the complaining about it and decided to take our stunning when rage is activated. Strange comparasion but no, it's not the game mechanics, it's the
players fault for being outplayed, you can bait a counselor to swing at you and miss and then grab them and kill them, same as a counselor can bait you to swing or 
reach, it's called outsmarting the other player, if you kept getting killed by Chads and whatnot, then you needed to take a look at your gameplay and maybe say to yourself
"maybe i'm just getting outplayed". Admitting it does hurt the ego. 

On 2/18/2019 at 12:59 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

So you're saying that because of bad game mechanics, people that were complaining about it was not smart? And also, that the general population of the game should have adapted to the way trolls were playing the game? Yeah, that makes sense. Glad you were able to come on the forums and clear all this up for us.

Hey Dragon, there's no need for sarcasm. Again, it's not bad mechanics, it's the fact that those Jason's couldn't adapt to the state of the game, i've already said
i don't agree with how the trolls were playing, but it wasn't and still isn't hard to adapt to it, if you think Jason is a monster who shouldn't be stunned over and over
then you needed to learn to play smarter, but why learn to be smarter when you can complain and the devs can come and make changes to make it easier. 

On 2/18/2019 at 1:38 PM, HuDawg said:

There was plenty wrong with Jason before this patch, which in turn made playing as counselor too 'easy'.

Newbies like you obviously haven't played long.   Telling people to adapt..  wtf?

I remember when counselors would hide in cabins and hit Jason through the door...because facing him 1 vs 1 was an instant death.   Then the engine update happened with the new slower/longer grab and broked block.    Next thing you know everyone and their grandma was out there attacking Jason and all of sudden everyones a bad ass Jason killer.

Im not the biggest fan of being immune to stuns after getting rage.  But I would have done far worse in terms of nerfing counselors ability to fight Jason.  So it is what it is..  

Compared to what he was in the earlier days, i'd say that before this patch he was pretty balanced. i'd rather have a 5 second stun then 15 like what it used to be.
Lol newbie? lvl 150 player who's played the game since day 1. I suggest you do some resarch before embarrassing yourself with the hilarious  assumption. It's funny
because you're getting upset about me telling people to adapt, but all the people who are arguing  with people who don't like the new patch are saying update to the
new playstlye of Jason and try to escape and if you don't escape when he has rage then it's your fault for not reparing objectives, don't be a hypocrite and get upset
at me and not the other side just because you agree with them. The grab was nerfed because Jason's were able to do a 180 and grab people, the new grab wasn't even that
bad, in fact it was more realistic and required more skill then just get spamming the grab button. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Compared to what he was in the earlier days, i'd say that before this patch he was pretty balanced. i'd rather have a 5 second stun then 15 like what it used to be.
Lol newbie? lvl 150 player who's played the game since day 1. 

No way in hell you played this game since day one if you think the game prior to this patch was pretty balanced. 

I find it HAAARLAAARIOUS that all these newbies come out of the bushes claiming to be day 1 players and lvl 150.. Sure you are.  :D

12 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The grab was nerfed because Jason's were able to do a 180 and grab people, the new grab wasn't even that
bad, in fact it was more realistic and required more skill then just get spamming the grab button. 

The grab was not nerfed because if could do a 180 grab.. What ever the hell that means.

Also grab spam?  WTF does that even mean?  

And NO ONE PLAYS THIS GAME FOR SKILL WHEN IT COMES TO JASON!    Jason job is to slaughter counselors, not prove his skills.  This isn't a competitive game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Hey Dragon, there's no need for sarcasm. Again, it's not bad mechanics, it's the fact that those Jason's couldn't adapt to the state of the game, i've already said
i don't agree with how the trolls were playing, but it wasn't and still isn't hard to adapt to it, if you think Jason is a monster who shouldn't be stunned over and over
then you needed to learn to play smarter, but why learn to be smarter when you can complain and the devs can come and make changes to make it easier. 

That's where you are wrong. It was bad mechanics. I did adapt to the style of play that was being done, as well as most of the players on this forum. With off host blocking being delayed, I expected to spend part of the match on my back as Jason. I still averaged at worst 7/8 prior to the patch. The only way someone could have gotten "smarter" as you suggest, was to have some kind of ESP to know a few seconds before an attack was coming so they could block it knowing there was going to be a delay. In some instances you could predict an attack. But when there was a crowd ganging up on you, short of staying in continued block, you were getting stunned.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 3:52 PM, HuDawg said:

No way in hell you played this game since day one if you think the game prior to this patch was pretty balanced. 

I find it HAAARLAAARIOUS that all these newbies come out of the bushes claiming to be day 1 players and lvl 150.. Sure you are.  :D

The grab was not nerfed because if could do a 180 grab.. What ever the hell that means.

Also grab spam?  WTF does that even mean?  

And NO ONE PLAYS THIS GAME FOR SKILL WHEN IT COMES TO JASON!    Jason job is to slaughter counselors, not prove his skills.  This isn't a competitive game.

When you played day 1, you didn''t know what was balanced because everything was new to everyone, even people who had the beta were still learning. I said that in the earlier days of the game, Jason was pretty unbalanced with how long he was stunned for. Reducing it to 15 seconds to 5 seconds is a pretty big buff seeing how when you were stunned in the early days, people could get back in the car and drive off after 1 stun, now they have no chance because Jason goes back to normal to quick to start the car again. 

Do you want me to post screenshots of my stats and game time? i have nothing to hide or lie about, because i must warn you, if you want me to post evidence, then i expect an apology from you claiming that i'm lying, just a heads up so you can save face. 

Jason could literally spin right around and grab someone, now he can't because his grab is more realistic, also before they changed his grab, you could keep spamming the grab button, now if you try that, you get stunned, it was a lot easier to miss a grab and doge a stun attempt then it is now because it's more realistic. 

Experienced players know what to do to have success as Jason, and it's not just running around chopping people up because if that was the case, objectives would be left unattended making it easy for competent counselors to escape, but i suppose now with the unbalanced game, you can get away with being a mindless slaughtering Jason if you're in rage and no counselors escaped and have zero awareness. 

On 2/18/2019 at 4:05 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

That's where you are wrong. It was bad mechanics. I did adapt to the style of play that was being done, as well as most of the players on this forum. With off host blocking being delayed, I expected to spend part of the match on my back as Jason. I still averaged at worst 7/8 prior to the patch. The only way someone could have gotten "smarter" as you suggest, was to have some kind of ESP to know a few seconds before an attack was coming so they could block it knowing there was going to be a delay. In some instances you could predict an attack. But when there was a crowd ganging up on you, short of staying in continued block, you were getting stunned.

Blocking is only one solution to it, with the added weapon range buff, it is much easier to hack down counselors now, i did say medic needed to be taken out so they can't continue to heal themselves but look, groups eventually run out of weapons, and depending on how long it takes, you will eventually kill them all if they're just doing that, sure, you'll get stunned but persistence pays off, i had a game a few weeks ago where 4 counselors including Tommy got the 4 seater started, i stopped the car and got stunned probably close to 10 times, but i killed all of them because i kept pursing them and isolating them. It's annoying but it's never made me as angry as other people, too me it was just another challenge which is what i want, i don't get sucked in to that whole dancing teabag type of thing, in fact i laugh at it, i guess my feelings don't get hurt as easy as others. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Do you want me to post screenshots of my stats and game time?

I was going to stay out of this and I still might but if you make a claim and someone challenges it, don’t ask asinine questions about wether someone wants proof, just prove it and move on. 

I’d appreciate if you’d knock off the double posts, wait to reply or edit your existing post. 

One last thing... this patch wasn’t about you, Jesus stop taking it so personally. You’re going to make me feel bad if I have to post about any of this shit again.

Edit - not mad at you, just sick of repeating myself about the double posts. The Mods merge them and you’re making work for guys who volunteered to do it out of love of the game.

@Thunder While I agree with some of the points I've seen you make, Jason wasn't fine before the patch. There are pages and pages full of suggestions to bring Jason to where he should be. Almost every suggestion was fixing some flaw in the games mechanics. Understand I'm not a fan of this patch either. I felt it solved nothing. But to say Jason was fine is just not true.

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I believe the no stun in rage was actually suggested at some point. I might be misremembring it though I feel fairly certain it was suggested. Though you are correct it was mostly mechanical flaws people wanted fixed.

• Like 1