On 2/11/2019 at 5:23 AM, dmack621 said:

@Friday_Queen In earlier posts you had mentioned that the "point of the game" was to kill Jason. Now you're saying the "point of the game" is to help yourself and other counselors survive and escape.

You are correct in the second statement. Your objective as a counselor is to work with other counselors for the common goal of survival. The point you are failing to understand is that this is NOT a given. Everything that you are asking for is based on your choices and play style. You are literally asking to be catered to so that you can have a cakewalk of a game. 

If you are choosing to spend the game fighting Jason, you have to deal with the consequences when that fails. The game does not need to be changed to accommodate you and your boyfriend. You have literally asked for the game to be made easier so that you and he can always escape if you fail at fighting Jason for the kill. That is the absolute most self centered thing I have ever read. 

If you aren't willing to adapt or change your priorities in the game, you just have to deal with what happens.

That is a big contradiction considering that this patch is helping Jason players kill counselors easy because they weren't able to adapt to counselors protecting themselves. You just said the objective is to work with other counselors and survive. That's what people were doing, it was that Jason players were crying about getting stunned all the time, the new melee attack buff that stuns multiple counselors is a big help to that situation that if you multiple counselors trying to bully you, that would benefit a lot. It makes it much more easier to kill a bunch of them when you can him all at once and if you have a strong Jason like Part 3, Part 4, Part 8 or Savini, you can kill them all pretty quickly if they're trying to team up. 

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Yes I’m basing it off quikplay, the majority of people play quikplay, not everyone has a bunch of people on the friends list playing this game and I have even fewer now, that’s how many of the games go on there and how I feel the balance should be based on.

In QP expect to die more often. If people are not playing as intended (fixing objectives, and either lone wolfing it, or being in communication) that is a player issue, not a game one. 

24 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The problem is that this update is mainly towards a match that has everyone communicating in the lobby. Most of the games are now quick play and there are so many negatives

• No mics, which is virtually 90% of the quick play games
  • New players who don't know what to do and just run around doing nothing
  • People who team up with Jason 
  • Big maps are virtually a sure loss if you don't have any teamwork

You just need to do your best. It might help to direct the new players. "You're a smart character. You might want to fix the car" Or "You're tough. Follow me. Hit Jason if he tries to kill me while I fix the phone." Beyond that, just try to slip out quietly if nobody wants to help. Also, expect to die more often in an uncoordinated lobby. If you're in a lobby with cheaters/teamers, find a new one.

28 minutes ago, Thunder said:

The another night me and my friend played the game with the new patch and we decided to give it a chance before judging it and honest opinion, the game isn't fun anymore. I like to fight Jason, but i also repair and try to repair the phone box but as other users have said, it's hard when you're tunneled non stop by Jason's, that you need to stun him from time to time, there's been many games where i've been tunneled and given the other counselors time to repair objectives, but it never gets done and i either die, or Jason will get rage and then it's virtually impossible to survive. My friend plays AJ and has Epic Home Body, Level Headed and Low Profile perks and he used to use his perks to hide from Jason to try and repair objectives and to try and survive the night if nothing was done and Jason was in rage but now it's virtually useless if objectives didn't get done and Jason's in rage because the perks won't work because he will find him when rage comes up. 

If I'm being chased by a Jason, I run for useless teammates. If you're 1. reasonably hard to catch and 2. there are other counselors to chase, most Jason's will go for the softer kill. 

Rage negating stealth is nothing new. Stealth is an approach that works good early game and loses it's luster as time goes on. Basically your buddy needs to realize that if he is running the stealth game, he needs to escape fast or realize it's gonna be hard to survive. Maybe trying other approaches will work better for him.

32 minutes ago, Thunder said:

My opinion is that they should of taken out medic and limited the amount of sprays you can get in a game and also if you step on a trap it should kill you because think about it, with all the pocket knifes in the game, it would force counselors to have to use them to disarm traps to repair stuff, that way if they want to escape, they'll have to use pocket knifes instead walking on traps and using medic. 

I don't think a single trap should kill you. That's ridiculous. As far as medic, I have thought that it should be used for one can in the past. However with Jason's big new buff, I think it's reasonable where it's at. 

34 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I've played as Jason and it's not fun when you get to rage because it's boring. The first few minutes or so when you don't have your abilities is good because people can get objectives repaired and you need to be smart at the start but when you get rage, it's too easy. I never minded the attempts to bully Jason because it gave me a challenge rather then being in a match with braindead counselors. It's funny to me, because the users on here saying it's a great patch and players need to adapt to the new gamestyle are hypocrites who couldn't adapt to how the game was before this patch and complained that they were getting stunned and team bullied. I said in a previous post, they made it a lot easier for Jason because Jason used to be stunned for 10-15 seconds which would be easy for counselors who stunned him and restarted the car and escaped, now, Jason can be stunned for 5 seconds if that and can keep pulling counselors out of cars. 

What's boring about it specifically? If you're finding the match too easy, have you considered playing "hard mode" Jason's? What about self imposed limits? "Once I hit rage, I'll quit using Shift." Also, while I've generally killed the lobby (or most of it) by the time rage kicks in, I don't find it to make my game easier. Most people run. I need to chase and deal with window loops and the like. The problem may be those brain dead counselors you speak of, not the mechanics. If Chad is still trying to fight you, it's on him, not the game. 

As far as your being ok with being bullied, nice. Good on you. I can tell you as a Jason who can deal with beatstick mobs, I've never found it fun. Being chain stunned got old fast. The patch is mostly for mid tier Jason's who need a bit of help, and for Jason's of any tier who find themselves dealing with trolls. Not everybody enjoys being bullied. As a matter of fact, a great many people didn't, and let Gun know. Since the premise is Jason being a monster, and not a helpless mentally handicapped man at the mercy of counselors lugging bats and wrenches, the patch did help push that concept through to even the densest trolls.

Calling people hypocrites isn't going to help your cause. 

41 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Closing point : I understand the main aim of the game is to escape via Police, cars or boat but most times you don't have the luxury of team work and competent players and when you have that, you suffer and the fact that i'm going to die because i run out of stamina even when trying to go from house to house is pretty poorly done. That was why you have the survive the night option, because it objectives didn't get done and you obviously can't repair them because you're the last one alive and Jason is tunneling you, your only option is to survive the night and it can still be done but majority of the time you will eventually die and the fact that all you can do is try to run and juke from him is poorly done. They could've made the stun chance a lot lower when Jason's in rage not impossible. Hopefully they rework this update in the next patch or tweak some things that can actually make it fair for both sides. 

I disagree with the opinions of the closing point. If you and your six "pals" do fuckall to fix objectives, it's Jason's game. If you want to survive the night, you need to realize there is an equation to it. That is your skill level vs the skill level of the Jason and the x factor of the time left in game and the resources you hold. You can widow loop indefinitely if Jason isn't smart enough to break the windows. If he does, you only have so many times you can use them to juke before you need to expend health spray or go into a limp. Your best bet to survive the night is to play with counselors who run Jason long enough that the time he is chasing you isn't so long that your skill and resources come up short. Your better than best bet is to not expect to survive unless you're escaping. 

Out of curiosity, what counselor do you play?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Thunder said:

The problem is that this update is mainly towards a match that has everyone communicating in the lobby. Most of the games are now quick play and there are so many negatives

• No mics, which is virtually 90% of the quick play games
  • New players who don't know what to do and just run around doing nothing
  • People who team up with Jason 
  • Big maps are virtually a sure loss if you don't have any teamwork

And yet from almost every match I have played since the patch drop, more counselors escape then ever before and seem to be Killing Jason quicker as well.

The another night me and my friend played the game with the new patch and we decided to give it a chance before judging it and honest opinion, the game isn't fun anymore. I like to fight Jason, but i also repair and try to repair the phone box but as other users have said, it's hard when you're tunneled non stop by Jason's

Glad you and your buddy gave it a shot with out judging it yet ....but you say you like to fight Jason and repair and none of that changed....And if you are being tunneled it should obviously be harder....

that you need to stun him from time to time

I believe the word you are looking for is WANT to stun him....I have escaped and survived several matches without hitting him once.

there's been many games where i've been tunneled and given the other counselors time to repair objectives, but it never gets done and i either die, or Jason will get rage and then it's virtually impossible to survive.

Try to avoid Being tunneled and work your way back to objectives sometimes you can’t rely on others to get things done.

My friend plays AJ and has Epic Home Body, Level Headed and Low Profile perks and he used to use his perks to hide from Jason to try and repair objectives and to try and survive the night if nothing was done and Jason was in rage but now it's virtually useless if objectives didn't get done and Jason's in rage because the perks won't work because he will find him when rage comes up. 

Perks are being looked at perhaps giving them new meaning.

My opinion is that they should of taken out medic and limited the amount of sprays you can get in a game and also if you step on a trap it should kill you because think about it, with all the pocket knifes in the game, it would force counselors to have to use them to disarm traps to repair stuff, that way if they want to escape, they'll have to use pocket knifes instead walking on traps and using medic

Definitely some interesting ideas here...pretty sure taking a perk away or instant killing in traps would have created a whole other uproar just like Rage mode is now.

I've played as Jason and it's not fun when you get to rage because it's boring

Matter of opinion...other might say it’s more entertaining.

. The first few minutes or so when you don't have your abilities is good because people can get objectives repaired and you need to be smart at the start but when you get rage, it's too easy.

From what I have seen Rage hasn’t changed all that much, it’s still not any harder to kill Jason and fighting him is still a thing....the only difference is he is not on his back for nearly 20 minutes anymore.

I never minded the attempts to bully Jason because it gave me a challenge rather then being in a match with braindead counselors. It's funny to me, because the users on here saying it's a great patch and players need to adapt to the new gamestyle are hypocrites who couldn't adapt to how the game was before this patch and complained that they were getting stunned and team bullied.

Well, since day one launch Jasons gameplay has been nerfed and or adjusted in a way that has really only benefited counselors.....the developers saw this and implemented the changes....they felt was necessary....many ideas were shared by members of the forums and none of them suggested the changes the developers went with...with that said any buff to Jason was going to be welcomed .....so to call members hypocrites for not adapting is out of line since Jason gameplay has been the one consistently changing since day one.

the patch does succeed no matter how much others don’t like it Jason doesn’t look like a wimp in his game anymore and the more you hit him the faster he will get to that point.....

I said in a previous post, they made it a lot easier for Jason because Jason used to be stunned for 10-15 seconds which would be easy for counselors who stunned him and restarted the car and escaped, now, Jason can be stunned for 5 seconds if that and can keep pulling counselors out of cars

Ok, so what he is stunned for a shorter period.

if you plan accordingly and that is the way you are looking to escape bring fire crackers or one of the shotguns with you have some one start the car as someone stuns him problem solved....

.Closing point : I understand the main aim of the game is to escape via Police, cars or boat but most times you don't have the luxury of team work and competent players and when you have that, you suffer

These issues you are having seem more because of the lack of other players in your skill set....

In Quick play instead of waiting and relying on them you get objectives done you will probably need to be the one doing them or acting as a guide in showing players how to get them done.

and the fact that i'm going to die because i run out of stamina even when trying to go from house to house is pretty poorly done. That was why you have the survive the night option, because it objectives didn't get done and you obviously can't repair them because you're the last one alive and Jason is tunneling you, your only option is to survive the night and it can still be done but majority of the time you will eventually die and the fact that all you can do is try to run and juke from him is poorly done.

Going to agree to disagree here you don’t like that you can no longer get stamina boots from stunning Jason others do...hitting him should come with risks now it truly does.

there are other ways to gain stamina to help survive the night if that is the only option left :

Run Restfull perk.

Hopping in and out of windows gains stamina also.

Use traps wisely.

They could've made the stun chance a lot lower when Jason's in rage not impossible. Hopefully they rework this update in the next patch or tweak some things that can actually make it fair for both sides. 

Several things could have been done and many are being looked into....still.

the best thing we can do is keep playing and giving feedback.

the developers keep saying more changes are coming.... I expect to see more options added to stunning items in Rage probably the flare gun....

17 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Yes I’m basing it off quikplay, the majority of people play quikplay, not everyone has a bunch of people on the friends list playing this game and I have even fewer now, that’s how many of the games go on there and how I feel the balance should be based on.

Private matches may start with friends you had prior to playing this game, but it can eventually include new friends you make on Quick Play as well.

17 hours ago, Thunder said:

No mics, which is virtually 90% of the quick play games

Some of the best counselor players I have ever played with do not use mics... but they have speakers and listen to what is going on and help with whatever they can... which is more than I can say about a great many people with mics.

New players who don't know what to do and just run around doing nothing

This can be said about any game.... Another thing that can be said about new players in ANY game... If they continue to play, they learn how to play and actually get better.

People who team up with Jason 

This happens, but is a far rarer occurrence than many people claim.... What I do see VERY often is people calling other players Jason helpers because they made a mistake and got themselves killed... and need to blame someone else.

Big maps are virtually a sure loss if you don't have any teamwork

I do just fine on big maps as a counselor. I probably have more boat escapes on Pinehurst since it was introduced than any other map... The Jarvis House map is also a rather common escape for me... lone wolfing it, or with friends.

it's hard when you're tunneled non stop by Jason's, that you need to stun him from time to time,

It is not supposed to be easy to get away from Jason... That being said... it is also not a requirement to "stun him" to do it either. I almost never take a swing at him, yet somehow I manage to escape VERY often, usually taking several other players with me. If what you were saying is true, then I must be the absolute best counselor player ever... But I will be the first to admit that I am not... I have played with many counselor players that are much better than I am.

Jason was in rage but now it's virtually useless if objectives didn't get done and Jason's in rage because the perks won't work because he will find him when rage comes up. 

Counselors are escaping in droves... Jasons are still being killed rather easily... and no perk is meant to give you an absolute certainty of anything. The stealth perks and sense avoidance perks work fine, if the player knows how to use them... but they are not going to, nor were they meant to save your ass in every single game... Nor were they meant to make it impossible for Jason to find you.

I've played as Jason and it's not fun when you get to rage because it's boring.

Does this mean.... GASP!... You are actually a Jason player that enjoyed being used as a piñata?.... If so, you are an even rarer breed than a Sasquatch that delivers pizza.

but when you get rage, it's too easy.

Try playing against counselors that know what they are doing and actually achieve their objectives. I am still running Jasons in rage mode around the map... but I never needed to turn around and hit him either... so this has not changed my playstyle at all, nor made it more difficult. I am escaping far more often than before the patch. The only part that "no stunning in rage" made more difficult is fighting him and trying to use him as a piñata.

Hopefully they rework this update in the next patch or tweak some things that can actually make it fair for both sides. 

Adjustments will still happen... but do not expect a buff for counselors. They do not need one... As I said, they are escaping in droves and Jasons are still dying easily. This in no way translates to "counselors need a buff."
   Fair for both sides was never the point... This is an asymmetrical game... 7 vs 1... to be fair to the one, it can not be fair to the seven... Both sides need a chance, and balance towards that is not easy to achieve... If you enjoyed using Jason as a piñata, then you can look in the mirror to find the reason that this patch was necessary.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 3:18 AM, Risinggrave said:

In QP expect to die more often. If people are not playing as intended (fixing objectives, and either lone wolfing it, or being in communication) that is a player issue, not a game one. 

You just need to do your best. It might help to direct the new players. "You're a smart character. You might want to fix the car" Or "You're tough. Follow me. Hit Jason if he tries to kill me while I fix the phone." Beyond that, just try to slip out quietly if nobody wants to help. Also, expect to die more often in an uncoordinated lobby. If you're in a lobby with cheaters/teamers, find a new one.

If I'm being chased by a Jason, I run for useless teammates. If you're 1. reasonably hard to catch and 2. there are other counselors to chase, most Jason's will go for the softer kill. 

Rage negating stealth is nothing new. Stealth is an approach that works good early game and loses it's luster as time goes on. Basically your buddy needs to realize that if he is running the stealth game, he needs to escape fast or realize it's gonna be hard to survive. Maybe trying other approaches will work better for him.

I don't think a single trap should kill you. That's ridiculous. As far as medic, I have thought that it should be used for one can in the past. However with Jason's big new buff, I think it's reasonable where it's at. 

What's boring about it specifically? If you're finding the match too easy, have you considered playing "hard mode" Jason's? What about self imposed limits? "Once I hit rage, I'll quit using Shift." Also, while I've generally killed the lobby (or most of it) by the time rage kicks in, I don't find it to make my game easier. Most people run. I need to chase and deal with window loops and the like. The problem may be those brain dead counselors you speak of, not the mechanics. If Chad is still trying to fight you, it's on him, not the game. 

As far as your being ok with being bullied, nice. Good on you. I can tell you as a Jason who can deal with beatstick mobs, I've never found it fun. Being chain stunned got old fast. The patch is mostly for mid tier Jason's who need a bit of help, and for Jason's of any tier who find themselves dealing with trolls. Not everybody enjoys being bullied. As a matter of fact, a great many people didn't, and let Gun know. Since the premise is Jason being a monster, and not a helpless mentally handicapped man at the mercy of counselors lugging bats and wrenches, the patch did help push that concept through to even the densest trolls.

Calling people hypocrites isn't going to help your cause. 

I disagree with the opinions of the closing point. If you and your six "pals" do fuckall to fix objectives, it's Jason's game. If you want to survive the night, you need to realize there is an equation to it. That is your skill level vs the skill level of the Jason and the x factor of the time left in game and the resources you hold. You can widow loop indefinitely if Jason isn't smart enough to break the windows. If he does, you only have so many times you can use them to juke before you need to expend health spray or go into a limp. Your best bet to survive the night is to play with counselors who run Jason long enough that the time he is chasing you isn't so long that your skill and resources come up short. Your better than best bet is to not expect to survive unless you're escaping. 

Out of curiosity, what counselor do you play?

That's why i developed the skill to juke and survive the night, because if i get killed by a good Jason or the Jason did something that outsmarted me, then i can 
GG him/her for their tactics, but as you know, some games, objectives won't get done for whatever reason, someone might have the fuse but never put it in or the car
keys and don't use them to start the car, to me it's a letdown that if we can't escape before rage, we have to rely on the luck of juking Jason until the end when
stunning him was a normal part of the game, just like slashing is a part of the game.

True, but you'll have those times where you spawn in and Jason will morph on top of you and will keep going after you, smart Jasons will leave for objectives, but there
are some who keep chasing the first person they morph on and you will have to eventually stun Jason more so if you're a character who doesn't have great speed and
endurance. I don't have a problem with someone chasing me, but if no objectives get done and he gets rage, i'm suppose to call it a gg and say "we'll this is my fault
because i didn't escape before rage" when i had no chance to repair anything with him on me and had to rely on incomptent counselors who did nothing. 

The only reason i mentioned that a Jason trap can kill you is that counselors wouldn't walk over them and then heal themselves back up, another option could be that
you can't heal yourself if you step on a trap because it would really make counselors think about what's more important : escaping and using a pocket knife to disarm
a trap, or keeping it and having to try and survive the night. I could see trolls keeping the pocket knife, but i'd have confidence that people would still use them
to disarm traps.

Well because i'm Australian, me and a few friends could never get private matches because most of our Australian friends moved onto other games, so we used to play a 
fair bit in American private matches, and the ping would exceed between 400-500 ping. That was what we called hard mode and majority of the american players were lvl
150. Because the most challenging type of game i've found is when you have a group of counselors who know what they're doing and once you hit rage, it's boring because
i like counselors who fight back, it actually makes me have to anticapte when they're going to try and get a stun for stamina recharge, now you can just keep chasing
them until they run out of stamina. As i said, the early part of the match now is the most challenging because you have to be smart where you morph to set traps more
so on small maps where objectives can get done in the first minute. I called selective people hypocrites based on the fact that they lecture others to adapt to the new
patch, but couldn't adapt themselves to counselors bullying them as Jason so they complained to Gun to take that out. It's like me saying "Hey Gun Media, Jason is now
to OP and it's not fun anymore" And they take the patch out and make him what he was before it. The people who like this new patch would call me a hypocrite for not
wanting to adapt to the new post rage Jason, i'm just stating the facts. I did say that with the new melee range attack that damages more than one counselor, that 
was a good idea for the counselors teaming up because if you have a Jason with strong weapon strength, you can injury multiple counselors at once now which would make
it easier to deal with chain stunning. And i respect that people don't like being chain stunned, but people always find something to complain about in games, my advice
is to learn to be a smarter Jason, i don't see anybody complaining when the cops are called and the counselors are at the exit and you can't kill them because it you pick
one up either 1: they have a pocket knife and 2: They stun you to save their teammate. It's virtually the same thing as the chain stunning. 

That's what i was saying, you now need to rely on juking Jason and hoping he isn't smart to smash windows. Most Jasons will eventually break windows, some sooner than 
others, but that's virtually saying that if it's a good Jason then i deserve to die because i didn't repair and leave before rage which is not fair if you never had 
a chance to do that. I don't want to play the game to be one of those annoying Vanessas who's sole purpose is to juke Jason for 20 minutes. I enjoy fighting Jason but
helping and protecting other teammates and trying my best to help everyone escape and sometimes things don't get done and im suppose to say GG and die which is pretty
stupid imo. 
I play mostly Adam and to a degree Tiffany and Eric. 
Adam because i like the character and his outfits and the fact that he can repair, decent speed and stamina and fight Jason. Tiffany because she's the best stealth
character imo and Eric because of his repair but i put marathon on him incase Jason tunnels me. 

On 2/12/2019 at 3:22 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

And yet from almost every match I have played since the patch drop, more counselors escape then ever before and seem to be Killing Jason quicker as well.

Glad you and your buddy gave it a shot with out judging it yet ....but you say you like to fight Jason and repair and none of that changed....And if you are being tunneled it should obviously be harder....

I believe the word you are looking for is WANT to stun him....I have escaped and survived several matches without hitting him once.

Try to avoid Being tunneled and work your way back to objectives sometimes you can’t rely on others to get things done.

Perks are being looked at perhaps giving them new meaning.

Definitely some interesting ideas here...pretty sure taking a perk away or instant killing in traps would have created a whole other uproar just like Rage mode is now.

Matter of opinion...other might say it’s more entertaining.

From what I have seen Rage hasn’t changed all that much, it’s still not any harder to kill Jason and fighting him is still a thing....the only difference is he is not on his back for nearly 20 minutes anymore.

Well, since day one launch Jasons gameplay has been nerfed and or adjusted in a way that has really only benefited counselors.....the developers saw this and implemented the changes....they felt was necessary....many ideas were shared by members of the forums and none of them suggested the changes the developers went with...with that said any buff to Jason was going to be welcomed .....so to call members hypocrites for not adapting is out of line since Jason gameplay has been the one consistently changing since day one.

the patch does succeed no matter how much others don’t like it Jason doesn’t look like a wimp in his game anymore and the more you hit him the faster he will get to that point.....

Ok, so what he is stunned for a shorter period.

if you plan accordingly and that is the way you are looking to escape bring fire crackers or one of the shotguns with you have some one start the car as someone stuns him problem solved....

These issues you are having seem more because of the lack of other players in your skill set....

In Quick play instead of waiting and relying on them you get objectives done you will probably need to be the one doing them or acting as a guide in showing players how to get them done.

Going to agree to disagree here you don’t like that you can no longer get stamina boots from stunning Jason others do...hitting him should come with risks now it truly does.

there are other ways to gain stamina to help survive the night if that is the only option left :

Run Restfull perk.

Hopping in and out of windows gains stamina also.

Use traps wisely.

Several things could have been done and many are being looked into....still.

the best thing we can do is keep playing and giving feedback.

the developers keep saying more changes are coming.... I expect to see more options added to stunning items in Rage probably the flare gun....

Well the only reason i like to fight Jason is because most games people would always die due to the jason being really good or people just trolling and a lot of
the time it was me the only one left and as we all know when you're the last one and Jason is tunneling you, it's hard to fix stuff or get in the car if his right
on top of you, you can stun him but he'll snap out of it before you can get it started. That's why i adapted the fighting style, to know how to survive the night
if that was the case. I try to repair stuff as much as i can but it's never going to work everytime. True, it's meant to be harder but if you get tunneled and nothing
gets done and he gets rage, it's a bit unfair to say well that's my fault because i didn't escape when i never had a chance to.

If you're good at juking him by hoping from house to house then that's the only option you have to survivng the night now, you can get away with that tactic with the
right perks (thick skinned, medic) and a dumb Jason, but if it's a good Jason, most times you will die. 

That's what i try to do, if i get into a house, i will pick and drop car or boat parts to let people know where they are and hope that if Jason is tunnelling me, that
they will see the parts and repair them while Jason is on me, most times it doesn't work but that's how this game goes sometimes. 

Anything they do differently will cause backlash, you can't make everyone happy.

That's perfectly fine, same thing about the chain stunning, some people find it annoying, others find it a fun challenge, i just don't believe the game should be
changed based on people complaining about something, as stated above, you can't please everyone.

Big difference is that if you were out of stamina, you could attempt to stun him to gain some back, now you can't because if you hit him, he will grab you or slash you
It's not breating space for counselors anymore when i always thought rage was hard anyway because his abilities regain back rapidly and he walk through doors, i do agree
they needed to stop the stunning when you walk through a door, that was pretty stupid because you have no chance of defending yourself unless you break it down in
combat stance. 

Not all true, They took out the stun time. i remember early on, you could stun Jason and he'd be stunned for 10-15 seconds and people could get into cars and start
them back up again, now if you do that, he's stunned for 5 seconds or so, so it's virtually impossible to stun and then jump back into a car and start it back up
because he will be back to normal to quick. Like i said to a previous forum member, i called people hypocrites because they couldn't adapt to how the game was being
played and now they're lecturing others who disagree with the new patch that they need to adapt to it when they themselves couldn't adapt to the pre patch style.

The firecrackers never worked when i was Jason, the shotgun yes if timed right but more so then not, i've been able to grab a counselor back out of the car if that
happens, point was you used to be stunned for 10-15 seconds and that is a long amount of time and caused a lot of counselors to escape because of how long Jason was
stunned for. 

The problem is a lot don't have mics and you can click your flashlight but a lot don't have the common sense to listen. I do try to repair stuff but if you're on a big map
it's hard nowadays to fix things and escape if the lobby is lacking common sense, still managleable, but it's virtually you find parts, you can escape, if you don't you're
most likely going to be killed.

I got the legendary restful perk, although the rare has better stats, and as you said, now you have to be more defensive and not attacking. You need hope you get lucky
rather then try to out skill Jason, you can use those tactics with the right perks and a dumb Jason, but if it's a good Jason he can just use his skill to wear you down.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:26 PM, Ahab said:

Some of the best counselor players I have ever played with do not use mics... but they have speakers and listen to what is going on and help with whatever they can... which is more than I can say about a great many people with mics.

This can be said about any game.... Another thing that can be said about new players in ANY game... If they continue to play, they learn how to play and actually get better.

This happens, but is a far rarer occurrence than many people claim.... What I do see VERY often is people calling other players Jason helpers because they made a mistake and got themselves killed... and need to blame someone else.

I do just fine on big maps as a counselor. I probably have more boat escapes on Pinehurst since it was introduced than any other map... The Jarvis House map is also a rather common escape for me... lone wolfing it, or with friends.

It is not supposed to be easy to get away from Jason... That being said... it is also not a requirement to "stun him" to do it either. I almost never take a swing at him, yet somehow I manage to escape VERY often, usually taking several other players with me. If what you were saying is true, then I must be the absolute best counselor player ever... But I will be the first to admit that I am not... I have played with many counselor players that are much better than I am.

Counselors are escaping in droves... Jasons are still being killed rather easily... and no perk is meant to give you an absolute certainty of anything. The stealth perks and sense avoidance perks work fine, if the player knows how to use them... but they are not going to, nor were they meant to save your ass in every single game... Nor were they meant to make it impossible for Jason to find you.

Does this mean.... GASP!... You are actually a Jason player that enjoyed being used as a piñata?.... If so, you are an even rarer breed than a Sasquatch that delivers pizza.

Try playing against counselors that know what they are doing and actually achieve their objectives. I am still running Jasons in rage mode around the map... but I never needed to turn around and hit him either... so this has not changed my playstyle at all, nor made it more difficult. I am escaping far more often than before the patch. The only part that "no stunning in rage" made more difficult is fighting him and trying to use him as a piñata.

Adjustments will still happen... but do not expect a buff for counselors. They do not need one... As I said, they are escaping in droves and Jasons are still dying easily. This in no way translates to "counselors need a buff."
   Fair for both sides was never the point... This is an asymmetrical game... 7 vs 1... to be fair to the one, it can not be fair to the seven... Both sides need a chance, and balance towards that is not easy to achieve... If you enjoyed using Jason as a piñata, then you can look in the mirror to find the reason that this patch was necessary.

That's true, but as i have said, majority aren't that intelligent, so you just need to get lucky now instead of using your skill.

The only way to get better is to play and learn, but new players now will virtually have no hope in post rage because they don't have the experience to deal with that
let alone before this patch, now it's even harder for them because stunning could be good for them to learn but nope, now they have to learn quickly to juke Jason if
they can't escape via objectives.

That's a common thing, when people get salty, they always blame someone else because their ego is to high to admit that they died because they made a mistake or Jason 
just outplayed them, happens to all of us.

Pinehurts best escape is probably the boat if you can find the parts, Jarvis House i had a game the other night where someone had the fuse, so couldn't repair that, 
Couldn't find the parts to the car, and someone started the boat, but by then Jason had killed almost everyone and i was the only one left because the person who died
had the fuse, i tried to juke Jason as much as i could but being on the little island where the boat is, i had no hope i had 2 pocket knifes but not being able to stun
or find a house in time being on the small island away from everything and running out of stmaina and couldn't get in the boat because he was right on me, i was like
this is not fun because i feel defenceless and can't do anything.

"Usaully taking several counselors with me" See, you have players working with you in the right way, we all don't have the luxury of good teammates, stunning Jason
was a part of the game if you can't get in houses or his right on you and he starts breaking windows and hitting you with throwing knifes if you jump in and out of
windows. 

Several perks do help you if you have them at their best i.e the stealth perks can hide you from Jason for almost the whole match even if his in rage and he isn't 
spamming the sense button, my friend has 3 of them at rare and even in rage it can be hard to find him. Swift attacker is good to increase speed when hitting Jason, 
medic double spray and thick skinned is good to. Perks are suppose to help you in what aspect you want to use them in. 

Haha i acually like that, that was pretty funny. Seriously though, being a punching bag can be annoying (though personally if i got stunned and someone danced on me, 
i laugh at it because it's entertaining and i don't actually get upset if i get chanin stunned) it's more of a challenge because it requires you to be smart about
how to approach a situation like that, that's why so many people complained, because they didn't want to adapt to being smart to suck someone into trying to hit you
and then killing them, or its a group of them, the new slash buff to hit multiple counselors would help that situaion but as much as you can get stunned, i always
eventually kill them all because i am persistant and it's a marathon not a sprint, they might stun me a few times, but i get them eventually.

I have plenty of times, even when i've been in 400-500 ping lobbies with lvl 150 players with 50 ping using medic and thick skin to take out all traps, you can't shift 
grab anyone virtually. But i've always managed to kill atleast 6/8 at worst in those lobbies. As i have said, if you have the right perks, the right skill and a Jason
that won't pressure you, you can still survive the night with stunning him, im saying stunning to help you get away was a normal part of the game, chain stunning him
for the purpose of trolling isn't even though all you had to do was adapt. I only stunned to get away if i had to because i prefered that then jumping in and out of
windows where a good Jason would hit you with a throwing knife. Honestly, if i was playing Jason against you and you tried to survive the night, you wouldn't last
because i would wear you down and if you tried the whole jump from house to house, i would keep hitting you with throwing knifes and get into the house before you had 
time to breath and with playing part 2, i can keep morphing out of house quickly if you keep doing it. Not being arrogant but i've played alot of hours as Jason and
have the experience, but when you play in 400-500 ping lobbies, it makes you better when you play in normal ping. 

The only thing i see about this patch was people who compalined about not being able to adapt to new styles of the game, it's like Overwatch, people would complain
about characters, and the devs would nerf them to make people happy because they couldn't counter a character, same with Friday, people couldn't adapt to the chain
stunning and bullying, so they cried and complained to the devs. It's pathetic and it ruins the game for others like me who actually enjoyed the way it was, and i never
exploited the stunning to be a troll, i only did it if i needed to, because i thought the bullying Jason was stupid and pathetic more so with lvl 150 players doing it
to new players as i felt sorry for them, but the fact that they took that out in rage because people were being trolls and made it less fun for people like me who used
stun to fend Jason off is a thumbs down for me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thunder said:

That's why i developed the skill to juke and survive the night, because if i get killed by a good Jason or the Jason did something that outsmarted me, then i can 
GG him/her for their tactics, but as you know, some games, objectives won't get done for whatever reason, someone might have the fuse but never put it in or the car
keys and don't use them to start the car, to me it's a letdown that if we can't escape before rage, we have to rely on the luck of juking Jason until the end when
stunning him was a normal part of the game, just like slashing is a part of the game.

Same. I generally look at the map blips and the objective screen. If I feel the others are not fixing anything, I try to run Jason near them. By this point I've proven hard enough to catch, most Jason's will break off pursuit and the dumb asses not doing anything can play tag. This also fixes the issue of them hoarding parts. Once they die, swoop up those keys and get outta dodge. Sure, it doesn't work all the time, but nothing is guaranteed.

True, but you'll have those times where you spawn in and Jason will morph on top of you and will keep going after you, smart Jasons will leave for objectives, but there
are some who keep chasing the first person they morph on and you will have to eventually stun Jason more so if you're a character who doesn't have great speed and
endurance. I don't have a problem with someone chasing me, but if no objectives get done and he gets rage, i'm suppose to call it a gg and say "we'll this is my fault
because i didn't escape before rage" when i had no chance to repair anything with him on me and had to rely on incomptent counselors who did nothing. 

Life sucks sometimes. All you can do is your best, and when you do lose, do so gracefully. Again, try to put him on the trail of Deb who is involved in a dance party. 

The only reason i mentioned that a Jason trap can kill you is that counselors wouldn't walk over them and then heal themselves back up, another option could be that
you can't heal yourself if you step on a trap because it would really make counselors think about what's more important : escaping and using a pocket knife to disarm
a trap, or keeping it and having to try and survive the night. I could see trolls keeping the pocket knife, but i'd have confidence that people would still use them
to disarm traps.

There are not enough pocket knives in the game to not be able to walk over traps and heal. Baghead Jason would be the new meta and nearly unescapable. I can dig traps taking you to limping, thick skin or not, but to outright say you can't tank them? That's a bit too far. 

Personally, I think a better setup would be Jason can rearm traps. That Vanessa who disarms it and runs has two options. Stick around and protect the fusebox or person putting in a vehicle part, or realize her effort may be in vain. However if knives disarm traps permanently, then the use of them is much more reasonable. 

Well because i'm Australian, me and a few friends could never get private matches because most of our Australian friends moved onto other games, so we used to play a 
fair bit in American private matches, and the ping would exceed between 400-500 ping. That was what we called hard mode and majority of the american players were lvl

I'm not catching what being from down under has to do with the game. You can't expect a game to play around your bad ping. Your formatting turned to shit around this point, so excuse me if I have trouble understanding all of your points. 

Because the most challenging type of game i've found is when you have a group of counselors who know what they're doing and once you hit rage, it's boring because
i like counselors who fight back, it actually makes me have to anticapte when they're going to try and get a stun for stamina recharge, now you can just keep chasing
them until they run out of stamina. As i said, the early part of the match now is the most challenging because you have to be smart where you morph to set traps more
so on small maps where objectives can get done in the first minute.

If  it's boring and easy, you're not playing against competent counselors. If you have a bunch of counselors who know what they are doing, I can assure you it isn't beatsticking you unless they want to kill you. To be honest, most crews I play with get the police called before going for the kill because shit happens. Plans of egress are expected for success. With that, even prior to the patch, we didn't beatstick Jason right away because old rage meant doors were not slowing him so good luck getting stamina or finding an overlooked item that might buy you time or save your life. 

Lastly on the topic, not being stunned anymore makes it seem like Jason can lose his mask pretty quick. While I've not had any close calls, the popular word is that bad Jason's are even easier to kill. 

To sum it up, needless fighting was never a thing in the films, the playerbase abused it and Gun took away troll toys. Don't expect to go back to the old ways.

I called selective people hypocrites based on the fact that they lecture others to adapt to the new
patch, but couldn't adapt themselves to counselors bullying them as Jason so they complained to Gun to take that out. It's like me saying "Hey Gun Media, Jason is now
to OP and it's not fun anymore" And they take the patch out and make him what he was before it. The people who like this new patch would call me a hypocrite for not
wanting to adapt to the new post rage Jason, i'm just stating the facts.

There are a number of aspects to this. My disclaimer is I'm going to speak as a lvl 150 Jason, pretty damned good at it sort. I'm also going to note my observations in playing with other competent and some incompetent Jason's.

The meta of the game as intended at start was that 1 Jason try to kill 7 counselors. Because of game mechanics (stunning Jason, perks like thick skin and medic) Jason turned into a punching bag. I'm a 6-8/8 Jason 9 times out of ten. But if people want to they can turn a game of chase into a game of sit in a stun animation most of the time. Even being a good Jason, I find much of my game against beatstick mobs to be a slog of "slash, get stunned, watch them spray, rinse and repeat." I don't find that fun.

The idea isn't for Gun to make Jason super easy to play, it's to make Jason more fun to play. 

I know lower skill Jason's who get frustrated and have seen more than a few morph into the water and let you leave. Imagine if those people spent the majority of the game in a stun animation with some douchebag Chad tea bagging or dancing. It's not fun for the Jason.

What this last patch did was say that if you want to be a clown and beat Jason needlessly, you're making the game harder. Because playing as Jason vs good counselors still hasn't gotten easier. They still sail off of the map. They still drive off of the map. They still run out to the police. The one change is that assholes who want to frustrate Jason players by beating them for twenty minutes lost their toys. I've seen a Chad stand near a police exit. He danced and hit Jason and ran back to cabins to do it more, rather than run to safety. This patch is Gun's "fuck you." to clowns like that. 

Also if you want to say Jason is too OP, remember who the game is about. You guessed it, Jason. Because it's a game, yeah Counselor Bob, Biff and Jane need a win condition, but those exist already.

I did say that with the new melee range attack that damages more than one counselor, that 
was a good idea for the counselors teaming up because if you have a Jason with strong weapon strength, you can injury multiple counselors at once now which would make
it easier to deal with chain stunning.

It does help. Gun felt more needed to be done. 

And i respect that people don't like being chain stunned, but people always find something to complain about in games, my advice
is to learn to be a smarter Jason, i don't see anybody complaining when the cops are called and the counselors are at the exit and you can't kill them because it you pick
one up either 1: they have a pocket knife and 2: They stun you to save their teammate. It's virtually the same thing as the chain stunning. 

It doesn't matter how smart you are as Jason. Counselors don't get stunned. They can tank your slash and hit you back and more likely than not, stun you. Jason can't one hit slash kill anybody. 

People don't complain when the police are called because that is playing into the concepts of the game. 

Counselor Chad runs to police. Fun. Engaging. That pocket knife AKA expendable resource he used at the right moment allowed him to survive. GG.

Counselor Chad stunning Jason who has their pal. Nice. Under the new setup it allows us to see who is better, Chad and pal or Jason, because rage means Jason isn't gonna stand there holding his dick. 

Counselor Chad knocking over Jason constantly and teabagging. Hm. Not like any F13 movie I've seen. Not engaging, not fun. 

Offhand thought: it really is a shame that Jason can't body block with grabbed counselors anymore. Nothing like costing somebody XP for trying to save their buddy with a bad machete chop or shotgun blast. 

That's what i was saying, you now need to rely on juking Jason and hoping he isn't smart to smash windows. Most Jasons will eventually break windows, some sooner than 
others, but that's virtually saying that if it's a good Jason then i deserve to die because i didn't repair and leave before rage which is not fair if you never had 
a chance to do that. I don't want to play the game to be one of those annoying Vanessas who's sole purpose is to juke Jason for 20 minutes. I enjoy fighting Jason but
helping and protecting other teammates and trying my best to help everyone escape and sometimes things don't get done and im suppose to say GG and die which is pretty
stupid imo. 

That is good. Get objectives done, juke and maybe shit will happen so you can kill Jason. 

Against a good Jason you actually deserve to die many times. Jason is built to battle seven other players. A group of top tier counselors vs a top tier Jason should see quite a few deaths. A good Jason will win via attrition. They'll stop that call, that car and that boat and kill enough along the way to ensure they get a majority or a sweep. 

While you're entitled to your opinion, I think the majority feel it's more stupid to have a Jason barely able to function because Chad is a dick and found a bat. (along with health spray and a knife to prolong his dickery.)

I play mostly Adam and to a degree Tiffany and Eric. 
Adam because i like the character and his outfits and the fact that he can repair, decent speed and stamina and fight Jason. Tiffany because she's the best stealth
character imo and Eric because of his repair but i put marathon on him incase Jason tunnels me. 

I play Adam as my goto as well. He can fight if he has to. (though I only ever really fight him off at the fuse box as we call the police) He can run. He can fix. He's pretty well rounded. 

Tiff is great for stealth and late game juking. However if you're not getting into a car, you're asking for it post rage.

I never got into LaChoppa myself, as Adam can fix and run, but yeah, I get it. Marathon is a great perk. 

Anyway with those three in mind, you have versatility. Play according to the lobby. If nobody is fixing anything, next round change. In QP versatility will take you far.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, Ahab said:

The game does allow any player to be resourceful when alone. There are many players that do very well with the "lone wolf" gameplay style, even after this patch... When you have several players like this in one match, it can lead to both cars starting to move very early in a match while the boat has already started on its merry way, and then you here the warning that the cops are on their way. I have seen several "lone wolf" players do better than a team of players that actually works well together... but each match is its own bag of entrails. 

Those lone wolves can be quite the challenge to stop... particularly when there is more than one of them... They do not even work as a team, yet multiple objectives keep getting completed and players keep escaping.

That's because the lone wolf players are usually smart. They are watching what else is happening and adjust accordingly. 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, Risinggrave said:

Don't you recall how hard it was surviving at the beginning, and how all the nerfs came, patch after patch?

To be fair, it was hard to survive at launch because nobody knew what they were doing. Nerfs have certainly hurt, but I don't think they've been as damaging as others feels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

That's because the lone wolf players are usually smart. They are watching what else is happening and adjust accordingly. 

To be fair, it was hard to survive at launch because nobody knew what they were doing. Nerfs have certainly hurt, but I don't think they've been as damaging as others feels.

Indeed. Smart lone wolfs are badass. Everybody keeps complaining about Jason, when a better option would be to up their counselor game.

I agree to an extent. Not knowing map layouts and stuff hurt. I watched beta footage so I didn't have an issue knowing what to do, but I can see that being an issue to somebody who played without reading the instructions or having watched prior games.

Most nerfs in and of themselves didn't hurt, but stacked? Yeah, it got to where most i played with opted out of being Jason for awhile. Granted Battleground: Crystal Lake was the roughest patch...

4 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Indeed. Smart lone wolfs are badass. Everybody keeps complaining about Jason, when a better option would be to up their counselor game.

I agree to an extent. Not knowing map layouts and stuff hurt. I watched beta footage so I didn't have an issue knowing what to do, but I can see that being an issue to somebody who played without reading the instructions or having watched prior games.

Most nerfs in and of themselves didn't hurt, but stacked? Yeah, it got to where most i played with opted out of being Jason for awhile. Granted Battleground: Crystal Lake was the roughest patch...

Map knowledge, spawn locations, how to effectively kite and fight Jason. All that was missing at launch. That to me is a large part of why escape was so hard then. You are right the nerfs combined hurt alot.

You mean the 7 to 8 pocket knives and 5 shotguns a map patch? Yeah that was a bit rough.

49 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Map knowledge, spawn locations, how to effectively kite and fight Jason. All that was missing at launch. That to me is a large part of why escape was so hard then. You are right the nerfs combined hurt alot.

You mean the 7 to 8 pocket knives and 5 shotguns a map patch? Yeah that was a bit rough.

Yeah, I agree. 

That's it. we had a lobby one night where only myself and one other were not set to counselor only preference. It was terrible. 

36 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Yeah, I agree. 

That's it. we had a lobby one night where only myself and one other were not set to counselor only preference. It was terrible. 

I remember finding five pocket knives one game. It was just dumb.

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

I remember finding five pocket knives one game. It was just dumb.

One gal had so many she was hiding them behind outhouses and bushes. We began calling them Riot Sticks in her honor. 

What if instead of being stunned for so long, Jason was only stunned on his feets for a split second and slowed after ????

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:41 AM, Thunder said:

"Usaully taking several counselors with me" See, you have players working with you in the right way, we all don't have the luxury of good teammates, 

Sometimes... yes, I have counselors actually working with me... Many times I do not. But if I get the car going, I am practiced enough at driving in this game that I can get around Jason more often than most players... so I will pick up any counselor I see and try not to leave unless the car is full. If I can get the four seater moving early in the match, the Jason player will probably not be getting more than four kills in that match. And if he does stop the car, I am more than willing to sacrifice myself to give the others a chance to get out without me.

Several perks do help you if you have them at their best i.e the stealth perks can hide you from Jason for almost the whole match even if his in rage and he isn't 
spamming the sense button, my friend has 3 of them at rare and even in rage it can be hard to find him. Swift attacker is good to increase speed when hitting Jason, 
medic double spray and thick skinned is good to. Perks are suppose to help you in what aspect you want to use them in. 

Even with "sense spamming" you have a good chance of not finding a counselor using the sense avoidance perks... But there are a couple things to consider here. First, one sound ping seen by Jason is sometimes all it takes to find them... but if the player understands how to use the stealth mechanics... then this can be taken out of the equation. Second, Jason can only spend so much time in one place if he cannot find a counselor with his sense, even with "sense spamming" he can only use sense so many times before he must move on to try somewhere else... "Sense spamming" is the only mechanic that gives Jason a fair chance to find these counselors... and these perks can work through several uses of sense... or he may just see you on the first try. Random number generators are weird that way. 
    If I notice someone using these perks, they become a priority target simply because I understand how difficult they can be to find later in the match, even with rage active. Their best chance is still to stay out of Jason's line of sight.

Swift attacker is useless against me once I know you are using it... because I adapted and found a counter that works very well. Non of my friends seem to use it at all anymore because of this.
    Marathon gives a % bonus to stamina... it gives a much bigger chunk of stamina to high stamina counselors simply because of how percentages work. It is still useful for low stamina counselors however... and I do use it on them... as I only play the slow ones.
    Medic and thick skin.... I do not need them and have not used them since I was a "noob". I find other perks far more useful.

being a punching bag can be annoying (though personally if i got stunned and someone danced on me, 
i laugh at it because it's entertaining and i don't actually get upset if i get chanin stunned) it's more of a challenge because it requires you to be smart about
how to approach a situation like that, that's why so many people complained, because they didn't want to adapt to being smart to suck someone into trying to hit you
and then killing them, or its a group of them, the new slash buff to hit multiple counselors would help that situaion but as much as you can get stunned, i always
eventually kill them all because i am persistant and it's a marathon not a sprint, they might stun me a few times, but i get them eventually.

You are correct... being a "punching bag" can be damned annoying for many players... So much so... that I have seen more people than I care to count get so frustrated with this that they put down the game and never came back... until this patch. Some of them are beginning to return now. 
   I also agree that it was a challenge to adapt to this, but I never found it funny. Being locked in a stun animation is actually rather boring... Boring is never funny... that is why we call it "boring".... However, the only challenge here was trying to kill the players using you as a piñata. It has NEVER been a challenge to turn Jason into a piñata... Even now, it is still not a challenge, up until rage hits.
   I learned to deal with this during "the great Jason nerf" patch... when next to nobody (besides me) seemed to want to play Jason. I do not have an issue with dealing with the battle Chads... but this does not make it any less boring while they use me as a piñata. I complain about it simply because it makes Jason look like a clown... and the FACT that too many of my friends stopped playing the game after this happened to them once... while the arrogant trolls that found this funny continued to do it to other players.

Many people complained because they did not find it funny... they found it frustrating... which leads to it being stressful. Why would anyone want to play a game that is frustrating on this level? Why would anyone want to play a game that stresses them out? This would be why people complained... and quit when this happened... and by quitting, I mean putting the game down... When there is too few people that want to play Jason at all... there will be no game. Even with a small player base, there is no shortage of people that want to play the counselors... because many of them understand that dying as a counselor is going to happen quite often... which is how it should be. Anyone that has an issue with dying as a counselor in this game need to take up a new hobby... like checkers... or perhaps coloring books.

The new slash buff only comes into play IF two or more counselors are standing close enough together to actually all be hit by one slash. Smart players know this, and space themselves out, effectively removing this "buff" from the equation entirely... It does however, help against players that cannot "adapt".

Players not wanting to adapt?.... That can be said about every single person that has even a small problem with this update.

But i've always managed to kill atleast 6/8 at worst in those lobbies.

You would not believe how many Jason players I have met that pound their chest with claims like this... Only to wind up with 1 kill in a match. We all have good games and bad... and overconfidence is a weakness that can be easily exploited.
   Those high pings must really suck, but I understand how playing like that can make it easier to play when everyone has a stable, low ping. I am in Canada, but I have played on the EU servers with friends there quite a few times. I have found that when I am the only person from outside that server, the ping is much better... but if I play a match when I have one or more friends in a lobby with me that are not from that region, the ping is way worse.

Honestly, if i was playing Jason against you and you tried to survive the night, you wouldn't last
because i would wear you down and if you tried the whole jump from house to house, i would keep hitting you with throwing knifes and get into the house before you had 
time to breath and with playing part 2, i can keep morphing out of house quickly if you keep doing it. Not being arrogant but i've played alot of hours as Jason and
have the experience,

You would not believe how many Jason players I have played against that said this... and failed miserably.
   I too have a great many hours as Jason and am pretty damned good at it... but there are many other players out there better than me.
   I have way more hours as a counselor and am pretty damned good at that too... even against the best Jason players I have yet seen... But I know and have played many games with counselor players that are much better at it than I am... and I can say the same about many Jason players that are much better than I am.

But we all have good games and bad games... and people that make grand claims like this are often horribly disappointed. The other night, me and a couple friends met "the best Jason ever"... or so he claimed... (no naming and shaming though)… He had never died as Jason... no one had ever escaped him... and so on... Until he met me and my friends... When we met him... I walked up to him and let him kill me... I really needed to go out for a smoke... and for this, I had to listen to this asshole telling me how much I suck at this game... Little did he know what was coming next...
   Now he has died and seen a mass exodus of counselors escaping... and I was not even in the match when my friends killed him, it was the match before I started playing last night. But still worth a good chuckle.
    Humility is a thing... there is always someone better than you, or me... But this "Best Jason Ever" guy was not one of them.

The only thing i see about this patch was people who compalined about not being able to adapt to new styles of the game,

I can truthfully say this about EVEROINE complaining about this patch... I cannot truthfully say this about people that wanted a solution to the piñata Jason problem... or wanted it to actually be somewhat of a challenge to kill Jason. I could go on for quite some time listing the reasons for this statement, and several of these reasons I already mentioned in this post already... and this post is already getting long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Swift attacker is useless against me once I know you are using it... because I adapted and found a counter that works very well. Non of my friends seem to use it at all anymore because of this.

Medic and thick skin.... I do not need them and have not used them since I was a "noob". I find other perks far more useful.

Hi Ahab thank you for your input and, with all due respect, regarding your position, your opinion on swift attacker seems quite partisan to me.

It is a perk which is EXTREMELY useful even outside of direct 1v1 combat, think outside of the box, possibly one of the best perks of the game when used properly.

Also, I have read several times your posts bashing on the thick skin + medic combo, which is a combination that very few people run when highly skilled in combat (I don't know any of my friends who uses this combination at all).

On a different note and on a more generalistic tone, the experience I am reading on the forum regarding the new patch does NOT match at all the experience I am having playing quick play on the EU server.

I don't see people doing objective at all, I have hours and hours of footage where it's either mostly us defeating Jason or Jason winning because almost nobody does anything.

I don't know where you find these lobbies of people collaborating for the greater good.

I am either extremely unlucky in the lobbies I end up with or our experiences do NOT match at all.

To close this post, I am not about to be concerned anymore about the game. Out of the 4 people of my previous team, 2 left and I am also taking the game less seriously after the game completely ruined the experience of the final dramatic chase which was one of my favourite things to do.

Oh well it is what it is, at least I have more free time :)

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

It is a perk which is EXTREMELY useful even outside of direct 1v1 combat, think outside of the box, possibly one of the best perks of the game when used properly.

I completely agree... I was not trying to say it isn't. When counselors use swift attacker in groups of two or more, it can be extremely effective. My only point here was that, with practice... it is extremely easy to counter a swift attacker who is alone... making it useless when alone against a Jason player who know how to deal with it.

21 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I have read several times your posts bashing on the thick skin + medic combo, which is a combination that very few people run when highly skilled in combat (I don't know any of my friends who uses this combination at all).

I am not the only one that bashes that combo.... and it does get ridiculous after you count the twentieth med spray used when fighting four counselors. And some people wonder why Jason players find it frustrating to be used as a piñata. 
   But I disagree that very few people run it... they are called the meta perks for a reason... And the reason is that more people do use them than people that do not use them.
    I do not use either of them myself and have not for a long, long time now. I always seem to find several med sprays in every match... and as I often do not even use up the med sprays that I am carrying around... which seems odd as I also do not use thick skin. So a different perk over both of these makes more sense to me.

the experience I am reading on the forum regarding the new patch does NOT match at all the experience I am having playing quick play on the EU server.

Everyone's in game experience will differ... even if only slightly from everyone else's experience. Some will even differ drastically, but we can really only speak of our own experience in a match... 
   I do not often play on the EU servers, but I have some friends in Europe and have heard a great many horror stories of the goings on over there.

I don't see people doing objective at all, I have hours and hours of footage where it's either mostly us defeating Jason or Jason winning because almost nobody does anything.

One reason why the Jason kill should be made harder than it is... it happens too often for something that was supposed to be rare. Another is because it is simply too easy too pull it off... and it should never be easy to kill the "overpowered" killer in the game.
   I have seen a great many matches in which nobody does anything at all in the game... yet somehow, I still manage to get the cops called, and / or get a car load of lazy ass counselors out of camp. But I cannot do this every time... we all have good games and bad games.

I don't know where you find these lobbies of people collaborating for the greater good.

North American servers... on PC... and yes, it can sometimes be frightening that so many people are actually trying to escape instead of hunting Jason or simply using him as a piñata. But nevertheless... it is still happening. Last night, I saw more games with Jason players getting 3 or less kills than there was with 4 or more kills.

I am either extremely unlucky in the lobbies I end up with or our experiences do NOT match at all.

If your experiences in game are so different than mine, then you may be unlucky... I myself have not been known to have very good luck at many things. Hopefully, your luck changes for the better.

Out of the 4 people of my previous team, 2 left and I am also taking the game less seriously after the game completely ruined the experience of the final dramatic chase which was one of my favourite things to do.

It can sometimes be difficult to find good people to play the game with... but there are many good people out there in quick play land... It took me some time to build the rather large list of friends I do have that play this game... and many who put the game down due to frustration with the issues I have spoke of many times before are starting to come back into the game. I wish you good luck in finding like minded people to play the game with.

at least I have more free time

More free time is a good thing, sometimes... yet can also be a bad thing as well.... Sometimes, people with too much time on their hands get themselves into "mischief." As long as this mischief does not lead to people being hurt... then it can actually be a good kind of mischief.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 7:40 AM, Thunder said:

Like i said to a previous forum member, i called people hypocrites because they couldn't adapt to how the game was being
played and now they're lecturing others who disagree with the new patch that they need to adapt to it when they themselves couldn't adapt to the pre patch style.

THIS 👏🏻 RIGHT 👏🏻 HERE!!!

Yaaaaassss I completely agree! People who call out and complain about the people who complain about the new patch OBVIOUSLY are the ones who complained the most BEFORE the new patch!! If they want everyone to adapt to the new patch, why in the world didn’t they adapt and get used to the old way pre patch instead of complaining to GUN media about Jason being bullied. HYPOCRITES at its finest! Thank you @Thunder for pointing this out and I’m not alone on this! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 2/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, Risinggrave said:

Personally, I think a better setup would be Jason can rearm traps. That Vanessa who disarms it and runs has two options. Stick around and protect the fusebox or person putting in a vehicle part, or realize her effort may be in vain. However if knives disarm traps permanently, then the use of them is much more reasonable.

I agree with this to a point. Jason should be able to re-set traps of his especially the ones who don’t have many. Part 2 doesn’t need to. He starts with 7 i believe *i don’t play him that often. I play part 3 the most cuz of his grip strength and attack strength* but I feel the only traps Jason can re-set are the ones the counselors disarm with pocket knives, to make it more challenging and easier for counselors to lower the trap count and then stepping in traps that cant be reset as well as challenging and easier on Jason to re-set the traps they disarm seeing there is only a max of, what, 3-4 pocket knives per match so there is still an advantage for counselors to avoid getting damaged by traps as well as Jason being able to re-set traps ONLY if the counselor disarms them with a pocket knife.

It also is a decisions of which traps will be disarmed and which are worth stepping in. The ones in front of the car should be stepped in so they won’t be re-set again by Jason so it makes for an easier fix and escape, rather than the ones he puts outside windows and doors, as well as his shack and disarm them and slip away easy cuz you won’t have to go into those areas anymore. It makes it fair around the board cuz if you lay 5 traps and only 2 have been disarmed with knives, he can still reuse them but the ones that they step on can’t be re-set at all so it’s fair play on both ends.

BUT the twist is that IF a counselor decides to step in a trap instead of disarming it, they shouldn’t be allowed to heal themselves to give them the ultimate decision. I forgot to add that in last time and THAT will be a fair challenge if you ask me cuz then they need to ask themselves, should I risk my health and not get healed if I step in a trap that Jason CAN NOT re-set OR disarm it to save my health and him having a chance to reset it. It REALLY makes you think of the decision on what to really do as what’s more important.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, Thunder said:

Haha i acually like that, that was pretty funny. Seriously though, being a punching bag can be annoying (though personally if i got stunned and someone danced on me, 

It is funny when the counselors dance on Jason BUT I do find it rude and annoying most of the time, especially if they keep doing it over and over again and it gets old. Bottom line, instead of making Jason IMPOSSIBLE to stun in rage mode, why don’t people who play Jason LEARN and ADAPT to using the battle stance and BLOCKING counselors hitting them cuz he WILL FOR SURE break all their weapons after a couple hits as well as he will NEVER get stunned, making it harder and more annoying on counselors and BOOM problem solved with the trollers, especially the annoying Chad trollers who hit and dance with an already almost unbreakable weapon if he’s equipped with the bat.

Get them in a spot away from cabins or worst case scenario, smaller cabins where they can gather weapons and get them to break their weapons, THEN go in for the kill. They will be defenseless and if they have a pocket knife it will be used then you can either hack them to death after or chance another grab in hopes they don’t have another pocket knife and then kill them off.

That would have been a better idea rather than making Jason unstunnable in rage mode. I actually feel when Jason is in rage mode, rather than not making him stunnable, he should be able to be stunned still with flare guns, shotguns and firecrackers. Those should be the only ones BUT only have him stunned for about 5 seconds. 

But blocking and battle stance,  plain and simple.. is easy to do. Jason can battle stance and block all incoming hits and their weapons will be easier to break, even the annoying Chad will have a broken weapon after a few hits in block stance, sending the trollers running for their lives!! MIND - BLOWN!!!! 🤯

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

THIS 👏🏻 RIGHT 👏🏻 HERE!!!

Yaaaaassss I completely agree! People who call out and complain about the people who complain about the new patch OBVIOUSLY are the ones who complained the most BEFORE the new patch!! If they want everyone to adapt to the new patch, why in the world didn’t they adapt and get used to the old way pre patch instead of complaining to GUN media about Jason being bullied. HYPOCRITES at its finest! 

Simple really. 

Being able to stun Jason so easily and consistently turned Jason into a joke. Which ruins the fun and the point of the game..

Lets be real here...  If you played this game since launch, it kept getting easier for counsellors with most updates.  So really, who should have adapted?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

but I feel the only traps Jason can re-set are the ones the counselors disarm with pocket knives, to make it more challenging and easier for counselors to lower the trap count and then stepping in traps that cant be reset as well as challenging and easier on Jason to re-set the traps they disarm seeing there is only a max of, what, 3-4 pocket knives per match so there is still an advantage for counselors to avoid getting damaged by traps as well as Jason being able to re-set traps ONLY if the counselor disarms them with a pocket knife.

It also is a decisions of which traps will be disarmed and which are worth stepping in. The ones in front of the car should be stepped in so they won’t be re-set again by Jason so it makes for an easier fix and escape, rather than the ones he puts outside windows and doors, as well as his shack and disarm them and slip away easy cuz you won’t have to go into those areas anymore. It makes it fair around the board cuz if you lay 5 traps and only 2 have been disarmed with knives, he can still reuse them but the ones that they step on can’t be re-set at all so it’s fair play on both ends.

I had to reread that paragraph a few times and it looked like we're on the same page, but then the second paragraph blows that out of the water. Are you saying traps stepped in shouldn't be able to be reset but ones a pocket knife are used on can be? That doesn't make sense.

On the narrative/story side. You don't break a bear trap through using it. You could however break it by tinkering with it. On the gaming/balance side, Pocket knives are few and far between. There are no perks to gain them. There are more first aid sprays and medic doubles them. Knives are a rarer resource and thus the resource that should permanently break traps. Otherwise we end up at the same point we are now where a Vanessa or Chad plods through them, sprays and runs off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Friday_Queen said:

THIS 👏🏻 RIGHT 👏🏻 HERE!!!

Yaaaaassss I completely agree! People who call out and complain about the people who complain about the new patch OBVIOUSLY are the ones who complained the most BEFORE the new patch!! If they want everyone to adapt to the new patch, why in the world didn’t they adapt and get used to the old way pre patch instead of complaining to GUN media about Jason being bullied. HYPOCRITES at its finest! Thank you @Thunder for pointing this out and I’m not alone on this! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

You do realize it was mechanics that players were complaining about not something you could adapt too, right?

1 hour ago, Friday_Queen said:

I agree with this to a point. Jason should be able to re-set traps of his especially the ones who don’t have many. Part 2 doesn’t need to. He starts with 7 i believe *i don’t play him that often. I play part 3 the most cuz of his grip strength and attack strength* but I feel the only traps Jason can re-set are the ones the counselors disarm with pocket knives, to make it more challenging and easier for counselors to lower the trap count and then stepping in traps that cant be reset as well as challenging and easier on Jason to re-set the traps they disarm seeing there is only a max of, what, 3-4 pocket knives per match so there is still an advantage for counselors to avoid getting damaged by traps as well as Jason being able to re-set traps ONLY if the counselor disarms them with a pocket knife.

You literally went exactly the wrong way with it, were you trying to miss the point?

42 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

It is funny when the counselors dance on Jason BUT I do find it rude and annoying most of the time, especially if they keep doing it over and over again and it gets old. Bottom line, instead of making Jason IMPOSSIBLE to stun in rage mode, why don’t people who play Jason LEARN and ADAPT to using the battle stance and BLOCKING counselors hitting them cuz he WILL FOR SURE break all their weapons after a couple hits as well as he will NEVER get stunned, making it harder and more annoying on counselors and BOOM problem solved with the trollers, especially the annoying Chad trollers who hit and dance with an already almost unbreakable weapon if he’s equipped with the bat.

Get them in a spot away from cabins or worst case scenario, smaller cabins where they can gather weapons and get them to break their weapons, THEN go in for the kill. They will be defenseless and if they have a pocket knife it will be used then you can either hack them to death after or chance another grab in hopes they don’t have another pocket knife and then kill them off.

That would have been a better idea rather than making Jason unstunnable in rage mode. Plain and simple.. easy to do. Jason can battle stance and block all incoming hits and their weapons will be easier to break, even the annoying Chad will have a broken weapon after a few hits in block stance. MIND - BLOWN!!!! 🤯

The block being fixed was probably the number one thing people wanted on the forum before the patch dropped. 

This is ridiculous, the whole thing. I’m starting to think you’re doing it on purpose, misinterpreting things just to annoy. 

And Stop double posting, I asked nice last time, you’re making more work for the mods. All of the above posts could have been a single post no need to break it up.

• Like 2

My biggest problem with this patch is the reasoning behind it. Jason should be like the movies, well if were going by that logic, then Jason would die every game. I feel like players are being punished because Jason falls down and the counselor would dance and Jason players have taken it personal. 

I don't agree when people say this is balanced. Counselors fighting ability has a timer on it how is this balanced? 

Players left the game and in hopes they return, they get a buff, and good players that continue to play and didn't leave should be made easier to get squashed by them? That isn't fair to long time players for any reason. That's where the problem comes in, this is a game!  

23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You do realize it was mechanics that players were complaining about not something you could adapt too, right?

You literally went exactly the wrong way with it, were you trying to miss the point?

The block being fixed was probably the number one thing people wanted on the forum before the patch dropped. 

This is ridiculous, the whole thing. I’m starting to think you’re doing it on purpose, misinterpreting things just to annoy. 

And Stop double posting, I asked nice last time, you’re making more work for the mods. All of the above posts could have been a single post no need to break it up.

I’m new to this and don’t know how to put more than one quote in. I don’t get on here often and quoting each one in one reply is a lot and having to delete all and go through ALL of it to put certain paragraphs in. My attention span is horrible and my patience is horrendous. So just bear with me. 

And no I’m not stupid or acting annoying or anything. I’m simply putting in my opinion as everyone else is and hoping for good results. Jason only resetting traps that were disarmed with pocket knives is a good idea. The ones that are stepped in can’t be reset yet a counselor can’t spray themselves. It’s more of a decision challenge and figuring out what’s better, disarming and having him reset it again or stepping in it and losing health and not healing yourself.

In my eyes, they are good ideas. But everyone has an opinion so we can agree to disagree with each other.

Are you people STILL whining about Jason being un-stunnable in Rage? Get over it, the Devs already said they're not going to reverse the patch. Jason's had quite enough nerfs since launch and counselors have had more then their fair share of buffs. If Jason has Rage and you run out of stamina/nobody's fixed anything/you're limping with no spray/etc... so what? Try again next game.

Nobody is entitled to surviving the round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1