14 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Maybe don't pick up your weapon? Just run. If you're sticking around long enough to grab your bat, that's your decision, but if you're not skilled or lucky enough to do so and escape, maybe rethink your actions.

I agree 100%. That's probably why Jason"s are getting the infinite grab. Why even bother to pick up your weapon? Unless it"s a shotgun, it"s pretty much useless post rage. As soon as you get dropped, sprint to the left or right. If you go side to side instead of straight out in front of Jason, you'll avoid the grab cone.

• Like 2

Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

That's probably why Jason"s are getting the infinite grab. Why even bother to pick up your weapon? Unless it"s a shotgun, it"s pretty much useless post rage. As soon as you get dropped, sprint to the left or right. If you go side to side instead of straight out in front of Jason, you'll avoid the grab cone.

My guess? She and her BF want to continually knock each other out of Jason's grip as they skip to the police finish line.

But yeah, if Jason is good enough to land a grab, good chance there may be a lost weapon, or another grab waiting. This is something that should be settled with player skill and not Jason being penalized via game mechanics.

• Like 3

@Friday_Queen In earlier posts you had mentioned that the "point of the game" was to kill Jason. Now you're saying the "point of the game" is to help yourself and other counselors survive and escape.

You are correct in the second statement. Your objective as a counselor is to work with other counselors for the common goal of survival. The point you are failing to understand is that this is NOT a given. Everything that you are asking for is based on your choices and play style. You are literally asking to be catered to so that you can have a cakewalk of a game. 

If you are choosing to spend the game fighting Jason, you have to deal with the consequences when that fails. The game does not need to be changed to accommodate you and your boyfriend. You have literally asked for the game to be made easier so that you and he can always escape if you fail at fighting Jason for the kill. That is the absolute most self centered thing I have ever read. 

If you aren't willing to adapt or change your priorities in the game, you just have to deal with what happens.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, Fair Play said:

If they rage quit due to the patch, then I would technically count that as a complaint. One complaint after having played so many matches is a pretty good experience overall.

It's good to hear that your comrade is still able to run out the clock after having not played in a while.

He did not rage quit... I told him about it in the lobby after the match... and he commented "that sucks" and left the lobby... He did not seem upset, nor enraged at all. But I would still count that as the first complaint I have heard in game.
   I actually played a frightening amount of hours on this game over the weekend... Just finished my last match tonight a little while ago. The person I spoke of above is still the only person that I have seen in game that had anything bad to say about it... But this is still just my experience... I am sure with all of the complaints I have read here on these forums... there must be a few people crying in the game somewhere.

Surprisingly, a couple more friends are playing again that have not played in months. This game seems to be like riding a bike... once you learn, you never forget. They were all doing pretty well in game... one was reluctant to try Jason right away, but had a pretty good match when he did... Another does not even want to play Jason and seems to be satisfied playing counselor only for now... and another was giving me a hell of a time with those damned sense avoidance perks that so many people think are useless... but she is also very competent with the stealth system in game.

18 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

What was the counter balance giving to counselors last patch? And how was the almost invincible after rage and hitting multiple counselors at a time not a hard swing in one direction?

What makes you think counselors need a counter balance? It is still ridiculously easy to kill Jason... Counselors are escaping in droves... And you think they need what exactly?
   "Almost invincible" Jason... That is the funniest thing I have read today. Thank you for the laugh.
   If anything, Jason needed more of a buff to make it harder to demask him so we could actually call it a challenge to kill him.

@Risinggrave 's reply to your post said more than enough... and he could have kept going on. Well said Mr. Grave... well said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Risinggrave 's reply to your post said more than enough... and he could have kept going on. Well said Mr. Grave... well said.

That was all I thought of off of the top of my head. If somebody with a better memory, or desire to reread all the old patch notes wanted to they could hit a home run on the topic.

Speculation on my part, but @usernamegame hasn't been playing since May 26th, 2017. Otherwise he'd know how far the balance was stretched in counselor's favor. 

On 2/7/2019 at 12:09 PM, SirMang said:

Difference is, you can still run away from a slash.  You'll get hit once and take damage but then can get a little distance.  And if it's a group then a few people will take some damage and then get distance from Jason.

With a grab, Jason will get hit to drop the counselor and as soon as the counselor hits the ground, they're being grabbed again.  It's a process that will play out until whoever is the unlucky counselor to be grabbed is dead. 

There is zero time as a counselor caught in this loop to do anything.  They just get grabbed, get knocked down, get grabbed, get knocked down until whoever is trying to help them has their weapon break and then they get grabbed and they die. 

There is no way to fix this though other than adding some kind of animation frames to Jason so he cannot instantly grab right after shrugging off a weapon hit. 

I will say the entire loop looks goofy so they should just make it so when Jason is in rage and has someone grabbed, the person cannot be knocked out of the grab unless by shotgun or sweater. 

This argument wins about slashing. If you’re a good player, that doesn’t matter when you’re in s room full of players who aren’t completing objectives. After 10 min, there is almost 0 hope. There needs to be some balance after rage. 

7 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

This argument wins about slashing. If you’re a good player, that doesn’t matter when you’re in s room full of players who aren’t completing objectives. After 10 min, there is almost 0 hope. There needs to be some balance after rage. 

That's the fault of the lobby, not the game. If others aren't helping with objectives, then you just have to accept the the fact that you're pretty much screwed and hope you can find a better lobby after the match.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

That's the fault of the lobby, not the game. If others aren't helping with objectives, then you just have to accept the the fact that you're pretty much screwed and hope you can find a better lobby after the match.

I don’t agree at all. Even the films consist of a bunch of dumbasses dying and the final 30 minutes of 1 girl running around till she’s bests Jason. The game should absolutely mirror the ability to be resourceful alone.

3 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

I don’t agree at all. Even the films consist of a bunch of dumbasses dying and the final 30 minutes of 1 girl running around till she’s bests Jason. The game should absolutely mirror the ability to be resourceful alone.

The problem is there are 7 counselors. If they were individually on his level, Jason would be lucky to get 1-2 a match.

1 minute ago, Jdt827 said:

I still see plenty of players surviving the night post patch. You just have to play smarter and outwit Jason.

Just now, Risinggrave said:

The problem is there are 7 counselors. If they were individually on his level, Jason would be lucky to get 1-2 a match.

Alright, I see that point. Good rationale. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vaderspupil said:

I still see plenty of players surviving the night post patch. You just have to play smarter and outwit Jason.

Yeah perhaps, it may take some new strategizing once that happens. Sometimes you gotta a adjust to changes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Otherwise he'd know how far the balance was stretched in counselor's favor. 

Or he is just not thinking... or he has a really bad memory... or he is trying to justify his viewpoint and forgetting that most of the people on these forums are actually pretty knowledgeable concerning this game, and a great many other things.
   There have been quite a few new people since the patch dropped that seem to be trying to justify their love of the old piñata parties and why it should be allowed... Some of them are more eloquent speakers than others... but there is no argument that can justify this. Jason is supposed to be a monster, he is supposed to be feared... and no one is scared of ANYTHING that can be so easily turned into a piñata... No one is meant to survive every match they play... But as we can see with many of these complaints, people are beginning to show concern about their counselor's safety when in the presence of Jason... or they would not be making these specific complaints. It is a good start towards the end goal of people fearing Jason.

4 hours ago, Jdt827 said:

The game should absolutely mirror the ability to be resourceful alone.

The game does allow any player to be resourceful when alone. There are many players that do very well with the "lone wolf" gameplay style, even after this patch... When you have several players like this in one match, it can lead to both cars starting to move very early in a match while the boat has already started on its merry way, and then you here the warning that the cops are on their way. I have seen several "lone wolf" players do better than a team of players that actually works well together... but each match is its own bag of entrails. 

Those lone wolves can be quite the challenge to stop... particularly when there is more than one of them... They do not even work as a team, yet multiple objectives keep getting completed and players keep escaping.

We all have to adjust to any change, but some of us have less adjusting to do than others... I almost never take a swing at the big guy, so this "no stunning in rage" thingy does not affect my playstyle in the least... I do have to agree with @Vaderspupil as I have been seeing the same thing... Players are escaping in droves... Players are still surviving the night... Jason is still falling to Tommy's mighty axe... There are still matches in which Jason will get everybody... but there are also matches that excellent Jason players are getting very low kill counts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Or he is just not thinking... or he has a really bad memory... or he is trying to justify his viewpoint and forgetting that most of the people on these forums are actually pretty knowledgeable concerning this game, and a great many other things.
   There have been quite a few new people since the patch dropped that seem to be trying to justify their love of the old piñata parties and why it should be allowed... Some of them are more eloquent speakers than others... but there is no argument that can justify this. Jason is supposed to be a monster, he is supposed to be feared... and no one is scared of ANYTHING that can be so easily turned into a piñata... No one is meant to survive every match they play... But as we can see with many of these complaints, people are beginning to show concern about their counselor's safety when in the presence of Jason... or they would not be making these specific complaints. It is a good start towards the end goal of people fearing Jason.

You nailed it. 

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

What makes you think counselors need a counter balance? It is still ridiculously easy to kill Jason... Counselors are escaping in droves... And you think they need what exactly?
   "Almost invincible" Jason... That is the funniest thing I have read today. Thank you for the laugh.
   If anything, Jason needed more of a buff to make it harder to demask him so we could actually call it a challenge to kill him.

Counselors are escaping in droves, that’s the funniest thing I’ve read all day. Thank you for the laugh

Almost invincible Jason, yes when he is in rage the shotgun, traps and the sweater are all that slow him down that’s seems almost invincible I’d say. 

All of what you say is an opinion everyone has one ours are just different on this topic.

and @Risinggrave if you meant to quote my name in your post I have been playing since day one and have seen all of the changes.

11 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

and @Risinggrave if you meant to quote my name in your post I have been playing since day one and have seen all of the changes.

Then why ask your question?

Don't you recall how hard it was surviving at the beginning, and how all the nerfs came, patch after patch?

2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Then why ask your question?

Don't you recall how hard it was surviving at the beginning, and how all the nerfs came, patch after patch?

Yes I do remember, I also remember  being new to the game and how hard it was and thats when all the Jason players were new. Now with a lot of players being max level especially when it’s the Jason player I rarely see any survivors even with max level councelors and can imagine how much this new update sucks for them. It’s really disappointing that they couldn’t even go through all the suggestions that were on this forum alone  to buff Jason instead of just taking the lazy way which in my opinion is what they did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

This right here, this is what I keep seeing. Poor attempts at justifying past behaviour and a distinct lack of willing to try anything different. Can’t agree more with ‘beginning to show concern about their Counselor’s safety’, as it should be. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Yes I do remember, I also remember  being new to the game and how hard it was and thats when all the Jason players were new. Now with a lot of players being max level especially when it’s the Jason player I rarely see any survivors even with max level councelors and can imagine how much this new update sucks for them. It’s really disappointing that they couldn’t even go through all the suggestions that were on this forum alone  to buff Jason instead of just taking the lazy way which in my opinion is what they did.

Are those counselors working together? Because even max level counselors who are not working in tandem are not worth as much as mid levelers who communicate. 

I play pretty regularly with a number of high levels with a few lower level people to fill out the ranks and it's a damned chore to catch them. Why? Because they communicate, and because they push objectives hard. If you're basing your comments on quickplay lobbies where nobody is talking and half the counselors are having dance parties or hiding under beds, that's a player issue, not a game mechanic one. 

9 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Are those counselors working together? Because even max level counselors who are not working in tandem are not worth as much as mid levelers who communicate. 

I play pretty regularly with a number of high levels with a few lower level people to fill out the ranks and it's a damned chore to catch them. Why? Because they communicate, and because they push objectives hard. If you're basing your comments on quickplay lobbies where nobody is talking and half the counselors are having dance parties or hiding under beds, that's a player issue, not a game mechanic one. 

Yes I’m basing it off quikplay, the majority of people play quikplay, not everyone has a bunch of people on the friends list playing this game and I have even fewer now, that’s how many of the games go on there and how I feel the balance should be based on.

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

The game does allow any player to be resourceful when alone. There are many players that do very well with the "lone wolf" gameplay style, even after this patch... When you have several players like this in one match, it can lead to both cars starting to move very early in a match while the boat has already started on its merry way, and then you here the warning that the cops are on their way. I have seen several "lone wolf" players do better than a team of players that actually works well together... but each match is its own bag of entrails. 

Those lone wolves can be quite the challenge to stop... particularly when there is more than one of them... They do not even work as a team, yet multiple objectives keep getting completed and players keep escaping.

We all have to adjust to any change, but some of us have less adjusting to do than others... I almost never take a swing at the big guy, so this "no stunning in rage" thingy does not affect my playstyle in the least... I do have to agree with @Vaderspupil as I have been seeing the same thing... Players are escaping in droves... Players are still surviving the night... Jason is still falling to Tommy's mighty axe... There are still matches in which Jason will get everybody... but there are also matches that excellent Jason players are getting very low kill counts.

Ok 

2 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

Either you can’t read or couldn’t stop yourself despite this convo has long been resolved. 

Couldn’t stop himself, he never can, lol.

Don’t take it personally, even the group of us who like and support the patch have very different feelings about it or how it was dropped. There’s also a very long conversation we’ve had over months about balance and buffs, pro’s and con’s.

• Thanks 1

The problem is that this update is mainly towards a match that has everyone communicating in the lobby. Most of the games are now quick play and there are so many negatives

• No mics, which is virtually 90% of the quick play games
  • New players who don't know what to do and just run around doing nothing
  • People who team up with Jason 
  • Big maps are virtually a sure loss if you don't have any teamwork

The another night me and my friend played the game with the new patch and we decided to give it a chance before judging it and honest opinion, the game isn't fun anymore. I like to fight Jason, but i also repair and try to repair the phone box but as other users have said, it's hard when you're tunneled non stop by Jason's, that you need to stun him from time to time, there's been many games where i've been tunneled and given the other counselors time to repair objectives, but it never gets done and i either die, or Jason will get rage and then it's virtually impossible to survive. My friend plays AJ and has Epic Home Body, Level Headed and Low Profile perks and he used to use his perks to hide from Jason to try and repair objectives and to try and survive the night if nothing was done and Jason was in rage but now it's virtually useless if objectives didn't get done and Jason's in rage because the perks won't work because he will find him when rage comes up. 

My opinion is that they should of taken out medic and limited the amount of sprays you can get in a game and also if you step on a trap it should kill you because think about it, with all the pocket knifes in the game, it would force counselors to have to use them to disarm traps to repair stuff, that way if they want to escape, they'll have to use pocket knifes instead walking on traps and using medic. 

I've played as Jason and it's not fun when you get to rage because it's boring. The first few minutes or so when you don't have your abilities is good because people can get objectives repaired and you need to be smart at the start but when you get rage, it's too easy. I never minded the attempts to bully Jason because it gave me a challenge rather then being in a match with braindead counselors. It's funny to me, because the users on here saying it's a great patch and players need to adapt to the new gamestyle are hypocrites who couldn't adapt to how the game was before this patch and complained that they were getting stunned and team bullied. I said in a previous post, they made it a lot easier for Jason because Jason used to be stunned for 10-15 seconds which would be easy for counselors who stunned him and restarted the car and escaped, now, Jason can be stunned for 5 seconds if that and can keep pulling counselors out of cars. 

Closing point : I understand the main aim of the game is to escape via Police, cars or boat but most times you don't have the luxury of team work and competent players and when you have that, you suffer and the fact that i'm going to die because i run out of stamina even when trying to go from house to house is pretty poorly done. That was why you have the survive the night option, because it objectives didn't get done and you obviously can't repair them because you're the last one alive and Jason is tunneling you, your only option is to survive the night and it can still be done but majority of the time you will eventually die and the fact that all you can do is try to run and juke from him is poorly done. They could've made the stun chance a lot lower when Jason's in rage not impossible. Hopefully they rework this update in the next patch or tweak some things that can actually make it fair for both sides. 

• Like 1

My opinion is that they should of taken out medic and limited the amount of sprays you can get in a game and also if you step on a trap it should kill you because think about it, with all the pocket knifes in the game, it would force counselors to have to use them to disarm traps to repair stuff, that way if they want to escape, they'll have to use pocket knifes instead walking on traps and using medic. 

@Thunder

I agree with that.