Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Risinggrave said:

As for the masses shouting for a delay in grab, if anything I'd say Jason needs a delay in slashing. If he hits you to limping, you are done barring a fluke. Being hit cancels healing and window ingress. He justs spams it until you die. 

I think a grab delay after being freed makes sense because. Only after being freed

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I think a grab delay after being freed makes sense because. Only after being freed

 

I'm iffy on that. i see it being like the troll killgroups where every time you grabbed a counselor, boom hit and lost kill. I also think that things that make strategy more viable grant deeper immersion and player agency. Sure, Gun could just make a split second delay, or they could make it so things like firecrackers/flares work. The latter means counselors decide what they find viable, and adds to gameplay imho. Gear loadout would sill matter late game if expendable resources still affected Jason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

Lastly for those saying "But Jason can spam grab!!" I've yet to see it in play. I've knocked more than a handful of counselors out of Jason's grab, and provided they run, Jason doesn't just swoop them back up. 

That’s been my observation as well. I hadn’t even seen Jason do the infinite grab until I saw video of it posted on the forums. I have broke Jason’s grip on several counselors since the patch, and everyone of them has gotten away because they hit the ground running. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think maybe a one second delay after drop would be good. You have time to run then. I know you can in theory run now but you better be on it.

5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That’s been my observation as well. I hadn’t even seen Jason do the infinite grab until I saw video of it posted on the forums. I have broke Jason’s grip on several counselors since the patch, and everyone of them has gotten away because they hit the ground running. 

 

I've seen it happen right after the update. My friend was Jason. He just keep spam grabbing a Deborah while I kept hitting him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That’s been my observation as well. I hadn’t even seen Jason do the infinite grab until I saw video of it posted on the forums. I have broke Jason’s grip on several counselors since the patch, and everyone of them has gotten away because they hit the ground running. 

 

That video, if it's the one "Guru" made is set to back his stance. I recall seeing him miss some grabs in that video when the counselor actually opts to move.

While I don't want to say it's impossible to happen, I think it's a corner case problem. Way too big a deal has been made with too few attempts to work around it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DasMurich said:

I want to have my cake and eat it too. 

The options are there for you to chose how to approach the game. You go for the kill and fail you should die. Plain and simple.

   That is exactly how I read it... and yes... there is more than one way to play the game... But in failing the kill, if you do not stay in Jason's face and actually try to get away... you may still survive if other players were doing something constructive with their time.

@Friday_Queen The Jason kill is easier now than it was before the patch, if you use your head. The reasons for this have been explained over and over again. It was already pretty damned easy before the patch and this was partly meant to make it harder to do... it failed on that point, but at least it cut down the piñata parties... Prepare yourself for the next attempt at balance to make it harder to kill Jason... which is what they are trying to do. Hopping or asking for something to make it easier while it is already incredibly easy to do is making me laugh.

   As far as grab spamming, that was a thing before this grab was put into the game with the engine upgrade... and people cried about it back then as if ANYONE should be instantly tired and have to rest between grabs because they missed one. I did not have a problem with it then, and I have even less of a problem with it now. The new grab is VERY easy to miss if it is not aimed properly and many people have a problem with this part of it. I do not... I actually like the grab as it is. Just the length of time it takes to perform the grab alone makes the "spamming grab" argument laughable, let alone how narrow the width of it is now. When he drops you... you may want to try and move to one side about a foot or so, that would be enough for a missed grab... or even backing out of his grab reach, which also works very well.
   There is ZERO reason why Jason should not be able to try and grab someone at the first available opportunity, whether it be after another grab, after a swing, after throwing a knife... or just out of the blue... and rage does not speed up his grab or the length of time between grab attempts.
   You will also note that Jason grabbing a counselor when there is another counselor right there actually gives you a free, indefensible hit towards demasking. Grabbing against groups is generally a waste of time and hurtful for Jason... A good Jason hunter is hoping to be grabbed when going for the kill... then their associate gets that free demasking hit... Everyone on these forums will freely admit that the grab is too easy to punish... but you want to make it even easier to punish it?

   Also... It is not hard to keep your stamina at a good level if you can actually manage your stamina. A great many players have absolutely no problem with it... although, I will admit that killing Jason is far easier than managing your stamina or managing your fear. Running around willy nilly is not how you manage your stamina. Having zero patience will not lead you to ever being able to manage your stamina. As I also mentioned, fear management is very important to how fast your stamina regenerates... so both really need to be done to be effective.

   If you love a challenge, then try doing something in the game that is actually difficult to achieve. Killing Jason does not qualify as a challenge... yet.

   Killing Jason is NOT the main point of the game. It is one of several points. It was also meant to be a rarity... 1 game in 75 was a number I heard thrown around in interviews way back when I first heard about this game. It was NEVER meant to be common or easy to achieve... And hopefully, one day... it may actually be made harder to achieve. And the river of tears from Jason hunters that will ensue is just as predictable as were the overly exaggerated complaints about this latest update.

@Risinggrave I fully agree... nothing needs to be done about slowing his grab or slashing attacks... The delay between throwing knives is laughable to me, I could put three knives into a target in that time myself... but I understand why it is there and would never ask for it to be changed.
   I am still up in the air on whether firecrackers or the flare gun should stun him after rage... neither ever made sense to me in the first place... But the flare in the eye does look cool... I will admit that firecrackers are very loud and oh so shiny... so they just might work if he is easily distracted by shiny things. I thought... just for a moment... that some players might even begin to use the flare gun for spotting purposes after this update... Firing it into the air still works for spotting him on the map if he is nearby, without him necessarily knowing that he is showing on the mini maps... I have not seen anyone besides me do this since the update though.
   Most players would still take the med spray over the firecrackers anyway... or their medic perk would be useless to them.

@HuDawg I don't think a delay in grab is even justified after being freed. I have had absolutely no problem with not being grabbed again immediately after being freed... However, I am smart enough to take a few steps back from him... so maybe that is why it never happens to me.
 

20 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Planning ahead is a large part of survival.

   This could explain why I survive so often.
   You did ask me to let you know if I ran into anyone in game that had a complaint about the update... A random was trying to stun Jason coming through a door and beat on Jason after he went into rage last night... after he died I told him about the changes. He said... and I quote... "That sucks." and quit. Does that count?... It is the only thing close enough to a complaint about the patch that I have heard in game yet.

    Also... juked a Part 8 around the bridge on Pinehurst yesterday. Saw him going to the right, so I went left. He was caught on the other side of the support under the bridge for a moment. I hung a left... if the exit was another yard further away, he would have got us... But even a +Water Speed Jason can only catch up to you so quickly if they are behind you.
    If he would have just stayed on the other side of the bridge and waited for us, he would have had us. This escape was about 3 minutes into the match.
    I convinced a friend to come back to the game after telling him about the update... He was one of those people that put the game down due to frustration with the piñata Jason issue. He has not played in months... and I watched him run out the clock. This was the same match with the boat escape I described above... I got to watch most of the match and tend to watch whoever Jason is after at the time. The Jason player easily killed everyone else in the game except him, myself and the noob passenger I had with me in the boat. The new guy was very excited with the boat escape... he thought that was the coolest thing ever... But my friend, even rusty as he thought he was... managed to run down the clock... on Pinehurst. Which according to so many of the people complaining... should be impossible now, yet somehow it is not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 1:18 PM, Friday_Queen said:

As I’ve said before, it will take away from more beneficial perks that I use. Sucker punch, man at arms and double healing. I wish they would let you use more perks, maybe one or two more making it 4 or 5 perks. I have all my perks set up to make each counselor stronger in certain weak areas already and I took lots of time lining them all up and getting them to work out perfectly. It should make it alil easier on conselors with a boost just like they helped Jason with not getting “bullied” and he can’t get stunned in rage. It should be the same for counselors. Give them a boost in a weak spot or make their strengths a bit stronger to help them. I feel it’s fair

You're definitely using the wrong perks for Jason hunting and it sounds like you might be using the wrong counselor as well. You're going to want swift attack to out swing Jason, thick skin to take a few extra hits or tank that trap at the shack, and keep medic in case you run into trouble. There's absolutely no reason to run man at arm's when you can go into combat stance and hit him with a heavy attack for maximum damage, especially if he's in rage. And sucker punch isn't necessary against most Jasons if you're using an axe, so long as none of your perks have a negative stun effect. The only exception would be a Jason with stun resistance and honestly you're going to want a frying pan or ball bat to drop them. However if you think you need it, swap swift attack with sucker punch. Just know that stunning hits to Jason do less damage than hits that don't stun so it's going to take longer to demask unless you wait until rage. Either way don't give up thick skin or medic for sucker punch.

Whether you're demasking before or after rage, your sweater girl is going to have some down time while you wait for Tommy to spawn in. This is an excellent time to secure an alternate method of escape, should the kill fail. Find car parts or the phone fuse and phone house now and Tommy can quickly toss some parts in and/or call the cops as soon as he spawns in.

The car is a particularly good tool for a Jason hunter because once the driver sees him on the mini map, he's on there for good. It's especially useful if Jason decides to tuck his tail and bounce around the map. If that's the case don't be afraid to hit him with the car when you catch up to him, get out,  and sweater stun him as he comes out of the car stopping animation, before he has the chance to morph away again.

If Jason decides to take a swim to avoid the kill, try baiting him partially out of the water. If you can see his shoulders hit the sweater and go for the kill with combat stance+heavy attack to drop him to his knees. The kill prompt will still come up even if Jason drops to his knees and is completely submerged in water.

The one that's planning on dying should be running Fox or Buggzy for an easy demask. Doesn't really matter which one because they'll need to sacrifice themselves but I'd go with Fox for a back up sweater girl in case things go south.

For the sweater girl, you're going to want Vanessa for her speed and stamina or Tiffany for stealth. Marathon, thick skin, and medic would be good perk choices unless she's helping with early mask removal. Then you'd be better off with sucker punch (just to slow Jason down while the other removes the mask), thick skin, and medic. 

Advanced tip for ensuring the kill with a two person hunting party (without using exploits):

Have the sweater girl take a bat or a frying pan (not the pot) on the final hunt. When you get set up for the kill have sweater girl drop her weapon before she hits the sweater (she's going to want to be close to Jason but not directly in front of him). As soon as she sweater stuns Jason Tommy grabs the stun weapon, drops Jason to his knees, switches back to the axe, and gets the kill.

Anyway sorry for the novel of a post and

 Happy Hunting😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ahab said:


@Risinggrave I fully agree... nothing needs to be done about slowing his grab or slashing attacks... The delay between throwing knives is laughable to me, I could put three knives into a target in that time myself... but I understand why it is there and would never ask for it to be changed.
   I am still up in the air on whether firecrackers or the flare gun should stun him after rage... neither ever made sense to me in the first place... But the flare in the eye does look cool... I will admit that firecrackers are very loud and oh so shiny... so they just might work if he is easily distracted by shiny things. I thought... just for a moment... that some players might even begin to use the flare gun for spotting purposes after this update... Firing it into the air still works for spotting him on the map if he is nearby, without him necessarily knowing that he is showing on the mini maps... I have not seen anyone besides me do this since the update though.
   Most players would still take the med spray over the firecrackers anyway... or their medic perk would be useless to them.
 

  

As often as they miss, and the fact that they are an expendable resource (and because Jason probably doesn't need the help currently), I've long thought the knife delay was stupid. 

While neither make sense, it's just gameplay mechanics/equal playing ground. You need a way to stun Jason, firecrackers and flares are what Gun thought up. 

That agency is left up to the player. I find health spray better for looping at the end when no police are coming. Firecrackers are better in getting to the police. I'd trade out depending on how the game is going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I've long thought the knife delay was stupid. 

    If there was no delay in throwing the knife, I could pump 7 in a row into one counselor with thick skin that has been causing me trouble, cancelling each attempt at a med spray or attack. Throwing knives take practice, but I have a lot of practice... and there are some players that are way better at it than me... It almost seems like some players never miss, with quick throws at least... It is easy to dodge anyone's throwing knife if you see them aiming.
    Although it would be a waste of throwing knives to use so many on one player... If there was no delay, that player would have zero chance to escape any Jason player that is stocked up on knives and willing to use them... so long as they are practiced throwers... and there should always be a chance.
    It maybe stupid... but... yeah, balance and all that, so it is understandable.

    The biggest problem I find with firecrackers is that they are too easy for Jason to avoid if he is paying attention. They are great for protecting an objective for those precious few extra seconds though... and that is generally what I use them for. Now we just have to make sure those objectives are finished quicker.
     I have noticed that laying firecrackers at Jason's feet when in a stun animation will stun him immediately after the animation finishes again, pre rage of course. For a while, the (very) brief stun immunity after a stun also gave immunity to firecracker stuns if you came out of that animation in the radius of the firecrackers... so long as you did not stay in the radius or re-enter it again.

    It really does not bug me as a counselor that the firecrackers and flare gun no longer stun in rage... If Jason can catch my "slow" counselor... he earned that kill anyway... I have gotten away from a few Jasons in rage mode... and been killed by a few as well... In this game... death is not truly the end. Sometimes we come back as Tommy, but if we do not, it is never too long before the next match... should we choose to continue playing.
    From the side of playing Jason... I have not had a match that lasted very long into rage since the patch dropped as of yet... Everyone is either dead or has escaped by that point (so far), whether playing with all friends, a few friends and a few randoms… or all randoms. The last counselor in my matches as Jason is either dying or escaping shortly after rage starts... and so far, those players that lasted that long have been trying to run away from me instead of towards me.
    I am looking forward to an opportunity to experience this stun immunity in rage at some point. But an immunity to stunning has in no way improved Jason's ability to catch and kill any counselors... It did seem to slow down the piñata parties... so I am happy about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Stuff. Look up and read Ahab's comments right above mine, foolish mortal! 

I get why, but knives are an expendable resource. so even if you killed somebody, it's only gonna be one or two. I also get why they have a  delay, and I've made my peace with it. 

Firecrackers were useful in catching breath on the long trek to the police for me. Seems like every time I tossed them so I could start the car the damned things bounced over the hood and did nothing. 

As far pinata parties, it really has dropped the amount of Jason trolling I've seen as well. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 1:18 PM, Friday_Queen said:

As I’ve said before, it will take away from more beneficial perks that I use. Sucker punch, man at arms and double healing. I wish they would let you use more perks, maybe one or two more making it 4 or 5 perks. I have all my perks set up to make each counselor stronger in certain weak areas already and I took lots of time lining them all up and getting them to work out perfectly. It should make it alil easier on conselors with a boost just like they helped Jason with not getting “bullied” and he can’t get stunned in rage. It should be the same for counselors. Give them a boost in a weak spot or make their strengths a bit stronger to help them. I feel it’s fair

The perks you use shows that most likely your playing style is to fight Jason , the perks are there if you want more stamina,  the old saying.. you cant have your cake and eat it too, applies here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ahab said:

   This could explain why I survive so often.
   You did ask me to let you know if I ran into anyone in game that had a complaint about the update... A random was trying to stun Jason coming through a door and beat on Jason after he went into rage last night... after he died I told him about the changes. He said... and I quote... "That sucks." and quit. Does that count?... It is the only thing close enough to a complaint about the patch that I have heard in game yet.

    Also... juked a Part 8 around the bridge on Pinehurst yesterday. Saw him going to the right, so I went left. He was caught on the other side of the support under the bridge for a moment. I hung a left... if the exit was another yard further away, he would have got us... But even a +Water Speed Jason can only catch up to you so quickly if they are behind you.
    If he would have just stayed on the other side of the bridge and waited for us, he would have had us. This escape was about 3 minutes into the match.
    I convinced a friend to come back to the game after telling him about the update... He was one of those people that put the game down due to frustration with the piñata Jason issue. He has not played in months... and I watched him run out the clock. This was the same match with the boat escape I described above... I got to watch most of the match and tend to watch whoever Jason is after at the time. The Jason player easily killed everyone else in the game except him, myself and the noob passenger I had with me in the boat. The new guy was very excited with the boat escape... he thought that was the coolest thing ever... But my friend, even rusty as he thought he was... managed to run down the clock... on Pinehurst. Which according to so many of the people complaining... should be impossible now, yet somehow it is not.

If they rage quit due to the patch, then I would technically count that as a complaint. One complaint after having played so many matches is a pretty good experience overall.

It's good to hear that your comrade is still able to run out the clock after having not played in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 2:14 PM, TheHansonGoons said:

@HuDawg

Only way I will support 2 more PKs on map is if Jason can reset traps, or starts with 2 more traps per Jason. For every balance act it needs its counter balance. Not hard swings in one direction or the other.

 

So I would hope you are one of the people who think the last patch is trash as this massive swing is exactly what happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

So I would hope you are one of the people who think the last patch is trash as this massive swing is exactly what happened

How you come to your conclusion based on what you quoted, I cannot fathom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

How you come to your conclusion based on what you quoted, I cannot fathom. 

Can you not read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Can you not read?

No. My dog reads my posts and barks in Morse code so I know what is said. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

For every balance act it needs its counter balance. Not hard swings in one direction or the other.

What was the counter balance giving to counselors last patch? And how was the almost invincible after rage and hitting multiple counselors at a time not a hard swing in one direction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

What was the counter balance giving to counselors last patch? And how was the almost invincible after rage and hitting multiple counselors at a time not a hard swing in one direction?

If you're asking that, why not ask what the balance gave Jason in every patch, from the launch of game until last patch. Jason got nerfed more and more, while counselors got more and more boons. 

Jason goes from breaking windows with ease to having to wait for a counselor to move out of the way after a jump. Jason loses the ability to trap stack. Jason has to deal with small maps where all the parts can be found, and often put in before he gains a second morph. So on and forth.

Counselors get parts shown on the map once they are picked up. They get a few months of pocketknives for everybody. They get legendary perks. So on and forth.

 

All in all, this is a swing back to Jason being a monster, as he was in the first couple of months of the game. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. Besides, first half of the game... nothing has changed, except the fact that mostly all objectives are being pushed more aggressively. Second half depends on the group youre playing against. Some Jasons are monsters regardless. The game had been catered to the counselors for so long that a little shift was definitely needed. I mean, many seem to complain on the fact that they are not getting free easy escapes or Jason gangrapes. Really? Jason should be op, though even with these little buffs he is still not.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

Exactly. Besides, first half of the game... nothing has changed, except the fact that mostly all objectives are being pushed more aggressively. Second half depends on the group youre playing against. Some Jasons are monsters regardless. The game had been catered to the counselors for so long that a little shift was definitely needed. I mean, many seem to complain on the fact that they are not getting free easy escapes or Jason gangrapes. Really? Jason should be op, though even with these little buffs he is still not.

This is the thing I find most funny about the complaints. Most high tier Jason's were monsters anyway. This patch really helps low and mid tier Jason's who were being beatsticked by high tier counselors. High tier counselors can still escape more times than not, barring really bad luck or other counselors holding onto objective parts instead of installing them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing I ask or have suggestion for is no matter what perks I use, me and my boyfriend can’t outrun or get away from his grab if he grabs one of us and we knock each other loose cuz then either my boyfriend or me will get grabbed again TRYING to flee and run away. So either one of us dies while the other escapes and that’s no fun. We go in together every game. I could have perfect perks for outrunning but they will go to waste if we can’t even escape his grab everytime we knock each other loose. He will just keep grabbing and we will never get away. He should get a tiny stumble to give us time to pick up our weapons and fleeing fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

 one of us dies while the other escapes

Isn't this kind of the point? 

Are you upset that you can't walk hand-in-hand to the sunrise with your boyfriend? Wow... quick! Nerf Jason, NOW!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lasse_hei said:

Isn't this kind of the point? 

Are you upset that you can't walk hand-in-hand to the sunrise with your boyfriend? Wow... quick! Nerf Jason, NOW!

Ya know I go in to play with him, not against him. We help each other out and that’s also the point of the game to help yourself and other counselors survive or escape. Don’t be a CHAD!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

What was the counter balance giving to counselors last patch? And how was the almost invincible after rage and hitting multiple counselors at a time not a hard swing in one direction?

This patch was a counterbalance to what had been in place too long. The game already favored counselors heavily. This gave Jason a much needed buff. Unfortunately all the buff comes into play late in the game for Jason. 

My opinion is counselors could use a little something after Rage, and Jason needs more at the beginning. Especially in terms of combat

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Friday_Queen said:

The only thing I ask or have suggestion for is no matter what perks I use, me and my boyfriend can’t outrun or get away from his grab if he grabs one of us and we knock each other loose cuz then either my boyfriend or me will get grabbed again TRYING to flee and run away. So either one of us dies while the other escapes and that’s no fun. We go in together every game. I could have perfect perks for outrunning but they will go to waste if we can’t even escape his grab everytime we knock each other loose. He will just keep grabbing and we will never get away. He should get a tiny stumble to give us time to pick up our weapons and fleeing fast

Maybe don't pick up your weapon? Just run. If you're sticking around long enough to grab your bat, that's your decision, but if you're not skilled or lucky enough to do so and escape, maybe rethink your actions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...