So since we can’t stun Jason in rage mode, is there a way to limit how many grabs Jason can do on a counselor, even throughout the whole game, especially in rage mode? It’s hard to run and hit and survive when he runs you out of stamina and he keeps grabbing while we try to gain stamina back. Or could we make the stamina boosted on all counselors once Jason raged so we can run longer and it can fill up faster to try to survive while he’s raged? I just played a game and literally we had to knock each other loose, no joke, like 7 times in a row and then he kept grabbing still and he finally died. I’m not complaining about it but pointing out maybe an easier way to escape his rage as a counselor. I don’t mind him not being stunned but give counselors some boost to help survive and limit how many grabs Jason can do per counselor and make pocket knives more accessible once rage hits. I did save the video on this recent game where he kept grabbing and it is annoying it I can’t upload it since it’s biger than the file size.. but I can email the videos to someone. Thanks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

So since we can’t stun Jason in rage mode, is there a way to limit how many grabs Jason can do on a counselor

Would you prefer getting slashed to death instead?  Because that's what you're asking for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Would you prefer getting slashed to death instead?  Because that's what you're asking for.

Difference is, you can still run away from a slash.  You'll get hit once and take damage but then can get a little distance.  And if it's a group then a few people will take some damage and then get distance from Jason.

With a grab, Jason will get hit to drop the counselor and as soon as the counselor hits the ground, they're being grabbed again.  It's a process that will play out until whoever is the unlucky counselor to be grabbed is dead. 

There is zero time as a counselor caught in this loop to do anything.  They just get grabbed, get knocked down, get grabbed, get knocked down until whoever is trying to help them has their weapon break and then they get grabbed and they die. 

There is no way to fix this though other than adding some kind of animation frames to Jason so he cannot instantly grab right after shrugging off a weapon hit. 

I will say the entire loop looks goofy so they should just make it so when Jason is in rage and has someone grabbed, the person cannot be knocked out of the grab unless by shotgun or sweater. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

So since we can’t stun Jason in rage mode, is there a way to limit how many grabs Jason can do on a counselor, even throughout the whole game, especially in rage mode? It’s hard to run and hit and survive when he runs you out of stamina and he keeps grabbing while we try to gain stamina back. Or could we make the stamina boosted on all counselors once Jason raged so we can run longer and it can fill up faster to try to survive while he’s raged? I just played a game and literally we had to knock each other loose, no joke, like 7 times in a row and then he kept grabbing still and he finally died. I’m not complaining about it but pointing out maybe an easier way to escape his rage as a counselor. I don’t mind him not being stunned but give counselors some boost to help survive and limit how many grabs Jason can do per counselor and make pocket knives more accessible once rage hits. I did save the video on this recent game where he kept grabbing and it is annoying it I can’t upload it since it’s biger than the file size.. but I can email the videos to someone. Thanks.

First and foremost let me say thank you, I’ve been waiting, somewhat impatiently for the conversation to get to this point and I’m glad we’re finally here. Before this thread becomes a back and forth about slashing or pointless nitpicking, I think our new member should get some credit for the content of her post (sorry about assuming your gender if I got it wrong), and offering suggestions to help.

Limiting the number of Jason’s grabs during a match is an interesting idea but not one I can get behind. In my opinion we need options that don’t directly limit player choice too much, the less the better. I would be ok with an extra animation being added when a Counselor is freed giving them enough time to escape. I’m sure they have some Mo-cap of a step back or adjusting the grip on his weapon and would prefer this, over a one to two second inability to swing or grab but even that would be preferable to a limited number of grabs per match. 

I can’t support adding more Pk’s to the match but think there might be other options. For instance, I don’t think it would be too unbalancing if the first driver of each car that got pulled out, got one get out of jail free escape as they’re pulled from a car. Using the same animation a the Pk, but not receiving a Pk if they exit the car.

The changes to rage should be approached with new or inexperienced Jason’s in mind. Counselors are supposed to be trying to escape and although combat is part and parcel of the kill it shouldn’t just be a thing you do to get stamina. The only way I would think giving Vanessa more stamina would be ok is if you got none from successful hits, but then the slower Counselors would lose that small amount of stamina that often means the difference between life and death. I don’t think it would be a good trade though. 

• Like 1

Very good topic @Friday_Queen  I haven’t yet witnessed in a match anyone get caught in the endless grab loop, but do realize that would be a major concern and is in fact a game breaker. I have had success freeing other counselors from Jason’s grab and them running away before he could grab them again. Maybe if they were to add just a split second of hesitation after the drop, it would assure there could be no infinite grabbing? 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 4:58 PM, HuDawg said:

I can handle being slashed cuz I’m used to it and being grabbed once in a while so my healing sprays can be used since there aren’t enough pocket knives in the map

Thank you to everyone who agrees with me on certain aspects. It just makes it so difficult to even pick up my weapon and doesn’t give me any time to pick up so if my boyfriend gets grabbed I’m shuffling around looking for a weapon to knock him free and it’s frustrating. there’s no time to even RUN away when you knocked free, especially inside of a house with furniture and your scrambling around in an already black hole and can’t see your map, tho they have nerves of steel it takes away other beneficial perks that can help me survive. If they can fix it and make it alil easier to pick up a weapon and run at least, I’d be happy with that.

2 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

If you need extra stamina, then go with the marathon and restful perks. Also you can still regain stamina by striking Jason, you just won't get the stun. Save those shotguns for the end when you truly need them.

@HuDawg said it best, this method would only lead to slashers. Not exactly fun.

People that plan on surviving to the time of rage mode may want to consider using Escape Artist or whatever perk helps break out of grabs quickly, and help recover stamina quicker.

Only way I will support 2 more PKs on map is if Jason can reset traps, or starts with 2 more traps per Jason. For every balance act it needs its counter balance. Not hard swings in one direction or the other.

I like where your head is at on counselors needing a way to regenerate stamina more. I have been in too many matches recently where JoeSchmoe420 runs off with the objective items such as keys and fuse. He dies once Jason hits rage because he hid in a corner all match. Now I just searched over half the map and dodged some maniac in a hockey mask for so long, but I cannot get across the map to grab said items, nor repair them, nor have the chance to survive an extra 5 minutes or start the car since I am the last counselor alive and he is on me. Instead, i outrun him and loop for a second. He smashes the couple of cabins I have been in recently, but I am running out of stamina and trying to get to the next one. Instead all of his abilities are recharging rapidly and he cant be stunned since all shotguns are used. So he grabs me struggling to walk in the open or slashes me down.

Sorry for the exaggerated run on sentence, but wanted to illustrate situations I am seeing.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:04 PM, Vaderspupil said:

If you need extra stamina, then go with the marathon and restful perks. Also you can still regain stamina by striking Jason, you just won't get the stun. Save those shotguns for the end when you truly need them.

As I’ve said before, it will take away from more beneficial perks that I use. Sucker punch, man at arms and double healing. I wish they would let you use more perks, maybe one or two more making it 4 or 5 perks. I have all my perks set up to make each counselor stronger in certain weak areas already and I took lots of time lining them all up and getting them to work out perfectly. It should make it alil easier on conselors with a boost just like they helped Jason with not getting “bullied” and he can’t get stunned in rage. It should be the same for counselors. Give them a boost in a weak spot or make their strengths a bit stronger to help them. I feel it’s fair

On 2/7/2019 at 4:58 PM, HuDawg said:

It’s easier to get away like that and at least keep your weapon in your hands cuz then you can run and spray instead of having to keep searching for your weapon and before you get it he grabs you again. So so sooooo annoying! It’s hard to save friends when he’s all over you and they have to keep chopping and then when I fall I’m scrambling around for a weapon just in case he grabs my boyfriend so I can hit him free. Just very time consuming and annoying 

2 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

As I’ve said before, it will take away from more beneficial perks that I use. Sucker punch, man at arms and double healing. I wish they would let you use more perks, maybe one or two more making it 4 or 5 perks. I have all my perks set up to make each counselor stronger in certain weak areas already and I took lots of time lining them all up and getting them to work out perfectly. It should make it alil easier on conselors with a boost just like they helped Jason with not getting “bullied” and he can’t get stunned in rage. It should be the same for counselors. Give them a boost in a weak spot or make their strengths a bit stronger to help them. I feel it’s fair

There's your problem. Stop using sucker punch and man at arms. You insist on fighting, but fighting should be a last resort. Marathon, Restful and Nerves of Steel are more beneficial post patch.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

There’s a perk re-work happening, no promises that it will do what you want but there is hope.

I also would like to ask that you, edit your previous post rather than double posting, our Mods have to merge them and it makes more work for them than is necessary, they don’t get payed and do it out of love for the game. If you want someone’s attention you can tag them by typing @ plus their name, no space. A little list will pop up as you’re typing and you just select the person you want to tag. 

20 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Sorry for the exaggerated run on sentence, but wanted to illustrate situations I am seeing.

No problem, glad we’re all talking about this constructively. To me it seems pretty clear that things need little tweaks, a few things to give Counselors the chance of possible success in that last final chase or run to the cops. 

Each Jason should definitely have two more traps regardless, even if he only gets them at rage or has to pick them up like the knives in the shack. Even if he could reset them, I’d still like him to get a bonus trap because traps move when they’re stepped in. (No one ever brings this up and it annoys me.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There’s a perk re-work happening, no promises that it will do what you want but there is hope.

I also would like to ask that you, edit your previous post rather than double posting, our Mods have to merge them and it makes more work for them than is necessary, they don’t get payed and do it out of love for the game. If you want someone’s attention you can tag them by typing @ plus their name, no space. A little list will pop up as you’re typing and you just select the person you want to tag. 

No problem, glad we’re all talking about this constructively. To me it seems pretty clear that things need little tweaks, a few things to give Counselors the chance of possible success in that last final chase or run to the cops. 

Each Jason should definitely have two more traps regardless, even if he only gets them at rage or has to pick them up like the knives in the shack. Even if he could reset them, I’d still like him to get a bonus trap because traps move when they’re stepped in. (No one ever brings this up and it annoys me.)

I beg to differ on part 2 needing more traps.

31 minutes ago, Friday_Queen said:

It’s easier to get away like that and at least keep your weapon in your hands cuz then you can run and spray instead of having to keep searching for your weapon and before you get it he grabs you again. So so sooooo annoying! It’s hard to save friends when he’s all over you and they have to keep chopping and then when I fall I’m scrambling around for a weapon just in case he grabs my boyfriend so I can hit him free. Just very time consuming and annoying 

I see what you're saying..  A half second delay before being able to grab again, only after being freed by another counselor would seam reasonable.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I see what you're saying..  A half second delay before being able to grab again, only after being freed by another counselor would seam reasonable.

I think it is. I wouldn't want it to be the same delay as a counselor who breaks free of a grab by spamming X, but a 0.5 second delay in grabbing if you get hit and drop someone seems fair to me.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

I beg to differ on part 2 needing more traps.

The exception that proves the rule, he’s the only Jason with real objective control early in the match. As it’s one of his strengths, I don’t think it’s unreasonable but maybe he could be given a new weakness. Or start with a trap already in play on the shack.

• Like 1

I havnt noticed this yet. when im broke free i have been getting away. and when i played as Jason i was hit and dropped counselor who got away. I wasnt spamming grab as they were dropping so maybe that was the miss. Ill have to check it out next time Im Jason. The norm Ive been seeing post rage is slashing Jason. Ive said in a couple posts, once someone is limping there is no escape. No time to use spray and no one else can stun Jason(unless you are lucky enough for someone to use that last gun for you instead of themself).

I can’t post the video I have cuz it’s too large but I do have it on my phone as to how frustrating it is to survive and rescue friends with him constantly grabbing! Just a small delay would be good to pick up weapon and at least get a head start. I also play to KILL Jason! I have over 100 kills wishing my first month of playing and I’ve already reached 150. I have my perks set to kill him even when he’s raged but if it fails and the sweater glitches or tommy can’t knock him to his knees with an axe, at least five counselors a more possible chance of fighting back and being able to run and escape. I love killing Jason and am very successful as tommy, but when I rarely fail it, I’d like to take time to escape and tho my perks aren’t equipped for marathon and restful, give us counselors extra stamina boost and/or make Jason grab every 1-2 seconds after getting loose from his grip since we can’t stun him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

is there a way to limit how many grabs Jason can do on a counselor,

Stay as far from him as possible... other than that... most people can swing their arm to grab something for hours before their arm becomes so tired they need a rest before another attempt... and Jason is not like the rest of us. There is no reason for anything that would slow his grabbing down. The length of the grab animation and the fact it cannot be cancelled is more than enough time between grabs... and the simple fact of how easy it is too miss a grab... which is why many players do not like the current grab.
   Do not even try to fight Jason alone in rage. If he grabs you... the person that is hitting him gets a maximum damage hit towards demasking as opposed to the lesser damage it causes when the hit induces a stun.

t’s hard to run and hit and survive when he runs you out of stamina and he keeps grabbing while we try to gain stamina back.

Manage your stamina better so you have more stamina when you need it. Manage your fear level so your stamina regeneration stays a maximum levels. Both of these are impossible to do if you remain in Jason's face trying to get a hit for a stamina boost. And staying in Jason's face will lead to your doom... as it should be.
   Open widows in the cabins you are in... you can use this to backtrack to an area that has windows you do not have to crash through. Jason does not have the time to smash every window... unless you stay in a cabin and give him a reason to do it.
   Hitting Jason was never required to run him around the map with ANY counselor... I do it often with the slowest of them and never take a swing at him... unless it is to help someone out of his grip. It is also not required for ANY method of escape... or I would never be escaping.
   Fighting Jason will often get you slashed... which he cannot do at all if you keep your distance.

Or could we make the stamina boosted on all counselors once Jason raged so we can run longer and it can fill up faster to try to survive while he’s raged?

This is WAY too much of a buff to counselors who need NO more buffs.

I don’t mind him not being stunned but give counselors some boost to help survive and limit how many grabs Jason can do per counselor and make pocket knives more accessible once rage hits.

Anything you say before the word "but" is meaningless... as is evident by what you said after "but".

Counselors need no boost... Hitting Jason, let alone stunning him is not a requirement for any method of escape. With more than one counselor, it is still easy to get his mask off in rage, even if he did not take a single hit before rage. I am seeing far lower kill counts for Jason players and easy picking for the Jason hunters… and escaping more often than before this patch... Yet some people are still saying it is impossible to kill him or escape... which is complete B.S. There was no need for a buff to counselors before this patch and there is still no need to buff them in any way now... and a buff counselors still would not be needed if they actually made it harder to kill Jason. It is supposed to be hard to kill him... and buffing them after making it harder to kill him would make the initial buff useless and bring it back to square one... the exact opposite of progress.

You obviously were not around when we had seven pocket knives in EVERY match. It was not pretty then, and more pocket knives would not be pretty now either. We have been there done that... All it will lead to is entire lobbies being slashed and you will not be using your pocket knives anyway... No one will, unless it is on a trap... which makes even Part 2 trapping everything a complete waste of time. Four pocket knives are fine... not everyone needs a pocket knife... and when people actually use them on traps and complete objectives, it helps out everyone that can utilize that objective, not just one person that got grabbed.

1 hour ago, Friday_Queen said:

As I’ve said before, it will take away from more beneficial perks that I use. Sucker punch, man at arms and double healing.

Asking for a buff because you do not want to change up your perks? Really?

1 hour ago, Friday_Queen said:

It should make it alil easier on conselors with a boost just like they helped Jason with not getting “bullied” and he can’t get stunned in rage. It should be the same for counselors. Give them a boost in a weak spot or make their strengths a bit stronger to help them. I feel it’s fair

The piñata Jason issue was a problem. This patch went a long way towards solving that problem... But now it should be made easier for counselors? As I said, they did not need a buff before this patch and they do not need one now.
   It has been the same for counselors in the past. They already had buff after buff after buff... but those days are over. Just because they made one thing in the game harder to do, counselors should have their hands held again? If anything... Jason could use another dozen buffs to catch up to the amount the counselors already got... THAT would be fair.

What was unfair is that a 6 year old could stun a very skilled Jason player into oblivion by his third match into the game... and then start going on about their skill at something incredibly easy to do while telling the Jason player they suck. And they still can... until Jason gets rage. The most difficult part of this game was to have two or even three counselors in Jason's face and NOT be stunned into oblivion... Stunning him is ridiculously easy, being good at ANYTHING that is easy is not a reason to brag or even be proud of one's self. Being good at something that is difficult... That is an actual accomplishment.
   This isn't about fair. This is seven vs one... and the one is supposed to be over powered. 
   Everyone dies in this game a lot... as it should be... "BUT" now... lower kill counts for Jason... It is easier to kill Jason than it was before for "reasons"... and you want a buff to counselors? You will have to do a lot better for a justification of a buff to counselors than... I don't want to change my perks... or I am having a hard time doing something that this patch was meant to make more difficult.
   Proper use of the word "but"... To prove what you said before "but" is actually not true... or at least, no longer true.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 3:42 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

The exception that proves the rule, he’s the only Jason with real objective control early in the match. As it’s one of his strengths, I don’t think it’s unreasonable but maybe he could be given a new weakness. Or start with a trap already in play on the shack.

Agreed!! Good suggestions!

Jasons with negative traps definitely need a couple more. Maybe give them all neutral traps and  switch their weakness...like you said.

part 4  negative traps should be switched to negative defense.(he did let Trish put a machete between his fingers and slapped right in the face with that machete by Tommy.)

part 7  negative traps should be switched to negative morph or negative stun resistance...( he was seen walking around a lot in the film..) ( and definitely got knocked around by Tina’s telekinesis.....in all fairness so would anyone.)

part 9 negative traps should be negative water speed. (he wasn’t in any water through out the whole film.)

Part 2 definitely can hold his own with objectives.... All Jasons should be able to control objectives early game....

Unfortunately counselors perks make Jasons traps especially negative trap Jasons practically useless.

@Friday_Queen

Definitely can’t see limiting the amount of times Jason is able to grab......The developers will definitely address the loop grabs if they feel it’s really become a problem.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 9:03 PM, Ahab said:

A big quote

I was just throwing out suggestions if all fails with trying to kill him.. not just in a general lobby of just beating on him into oblivion. Just a small delay between grabs to give them a small chance of grabbing their weapon again or to help fellow counselors. It’s just plain annoying. Not trying to change the game, just make it easier and less annoying for us to get away if we need to. It’s hard to keep stamina full and just trot, especially if it’s a running Jason and trying to save stamina is useless cuz he will just chase you down and just continue to grab, not giving anyone a chance to even hit him to at least have a chance at filling stamina unless another counselor is around to knock you free. I’m also not trying to cheat Jason out of being completely difficult cuz I LOVE a challenge but damn L2 grabbers is what’s ruining the game and makes it no fun, ESPECIALLY while raged. My objective each game is to kill Jason, not just escape or survive. That’s the main point of the game. So my perks are there for that reason. Anything after a kill fail is obsolete with the perks as they won’t work in rage BUT a small delay in between grabs would be beneficial. Just an idea and not trying to debate how bad or hard the game is. It’s not, just annoying with grabbers.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:40 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I think it is. I wouldn't want it to be the same delay as a counselor who breaks free of a grab by spamming X, but a 0.5 second delay in grabbing if you get hit and drop someone seems fair to me.

Yes exactly! Just a tiny delay to compose myself and get my weapon long enough to run or help my boyfriend if he is getting grabbed.

It was almost a constructive conversation..... I guess I’m just going to have to wait a bit longer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

I love killing Jason and am very successful as tommy, but when I rarely fail it, I’d like to take time to escape

Or 

I want to have my cake and eat it too.

The options are there for you to chose how to approach the game. You go for the kill and fail you should die. Plain and simple.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

So since we can’t stun Jason in rage mode, is there a way to limit how many grabs Jason can do on a counselor

Nope. Sorry, no training wheels available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

For every balance act it needs its counter balance. Not hard swings in one direction or the other.

As long as the balance / counterbalance is based on the formula of 7 vs. 1, then I agree with you.

7 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

As I’ve said before, it will take away from more beneficial perks that I use. Sucker punch, man at arms and double healing. I wish they would let you use more perks, maybe one or two more making it 4 or 5 perks.

3 perk slots is enough. As much as players would like to have all of their weaknesses covered, you aren't meant to have it that way. In the same way that Jason was weaknesses, counselors do as well.

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I havnt noticed this yet. when im broke free i have been getting away. and when i played as Jason i was hit and dropped counselor who got away. I wasnt spamming grab as they were dropping so maybe that was the miss. Ill have to check it out next time Im Jason. The norm Ive been seeing post rage is slashing Jason. Ive said in a couple posts, once someone is limping there is no escape. No time to use spray and no one else can stun Jason(unless you are lucky enough for someone to use that last gun for you instead of themself).

I haven't noticed it either. I'm sure it's a problem for some players more than others.

5 hours ago, Friday_Queen said:

I can’t post the video I have cuz it’s too large but I do have it on my phone as to how frustrating it is to survive and rescue friends with him constantly grabbing! Just a small delay would be good to pick up weapon and at least get a head start. I also play to KILL Jason! I have over 100 kills wishing my first month of playing and I’ve already reached 150. I have my perks set to kill him even when he’s raged but if it fails and the sweater glitches or tommy can’t knock him to his knees with an axe, at least five counselors a more possible chance of fighting back and being able to run and escape. I love killing Jason and am very successful as tommy, but when I rarely fail it, I’d like to take time to escape and tho my perks aren’t equipped for marathon and restful, give us counselors extra stamina boost and/or make Jason grab every 1-2 seconds after getting loose from his grip since we can’t stun him.

There's nothing wrong with playing to kill Jason. The only problem is expecting to kill Jason every match. Sometimes you have to cut and run if things go sideways. If the kill fails and there are multiple counselors at Jason's mercy, he can't kill everyone at once. You may survive, or you may not. Escaping or killing Jason isn't and shouldn't be 100% guaranteed.

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

Manage your stamina better so you have more stamina when you need it. Manage your fear level so your stamina regeneration stays a maximum levels. Both of these are impossible to do if you remain in Jason's face trying to get a hit for a stamina boost. And staying in Jason's face will lead to your doom... as it should be.

Open widows in the cabins you are in... you can use this to backtrack to an area that has windows you do not have to crash through. Jason does not have the time to smash every window... unless you stay in a cabin and give him a reason to do it.
   Hitting Jason was never required to run him around the map with ANY counselor... I do it often with the slowest of them and never take a swing at him... unless it is to help someone out of his grip. It is also not required for ANY method of escape... or I would never be escaping.

Planning ahead is a large part of survival.

• Like 1

@Friday_Queen As others have said, you need to be willing to adapt. If you won't change your perks, that is your decision and you need to stand by the consequences. Since the last patch, I'd think that combat based perks hold less value. The longer you can stave off Jason getting rage the better, and the best way to do so is to avoid hitting him as much as you can. If you or your group is pushing rage fast by constantly engaging in battle, that is your call. 

As for the masses shouting for a delay in grab, if anything I'd say Jason needs a delay in slashing. If he hits you to limping, you are done barring a fluke. Being hit cancels healing and window ingress. He justs spams it until you die. To be honest I don't think anything should be done on Jason's side. No need to slow his slash or grab. Just allow firecrackers and flares to stun post rage. Counselors have more options (do I carry all this health spray or some crackers?) and have a more active role in their own survival. 

Lastly for those saying "But Jason can spam grab!!" I've yet to see it in play. I've knocked more than a handful of counselors out of Jason's grab, and provided they run, Jason doesn't just swoop them back up. 

• Like 1