Sign in to follow this  
DarkWolf7798

Jason texture glitch

Sooo.. this has been happening a lot recently where I'm Jason and he loads in as this Frankenstein's monster abomination. 

It looks like the game is fusing aspects of 2 Jasons together with one being the base model and the other ones textures.

Is this happening to anyone else as frequently? Is it only happening on one platform?

I have screenshots but i dunno how to add them.

Thanks.

I've seen a few screenshots here from other players, but it's a rare occurrence. Usually it happens at the end scene of a match. Heard it was caused by weapon swapping.

It happens to me frequently and I'm playing the whole match as Jason with this glitch which is why i was curious if anyone else is experiencing it.

I’ve had it happen to me a few times and have seen it happen to others a couple times as well. So far every time it’s happened to someone else, I spawned in as a different counselor than I had selected. 

This is the most recent time it happened to me as Jason:

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:31 AM, DarkWolf7798 said:

Frankenstein's monster abomination. 

Careful, I might take that personally.

Just kidding.

This does happen and the devs do know about it. It has been mentioned in a few other threads and I am pretty sure it happens on all platforms... I am on PC... and it happened in two matches that I was in last night... and in one of them... I was the abomination.
    From my experience, it is pretty rare though... The two games last night were a small portion of the matches that I did play last night... I was in game for many hours yesterday.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

So far every time it’s happened to someone else, I spawned in as a different counselor than I had selected. 

I have noticed this as well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ahab said:

Careful, I might take that personally.

Just kidding.

This does happen and the devs do know about it. It has been mentioned in a few other threads and I am pretty sure it happens on all platforms... I am on PC... and it happened in two matches that I was in last night... and in one of them... I was the abomination.
    From my experience, it is pretty rare though... The two games last night were a small portion of the matches that I did play last night... I was in game for many hours yesterday.

I have noticed this as well.

That's nice to know it isn't just Xbox.

I've never actually experienced it on PS4 and i don't play PC so i wasn't sure

14 hours ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

That's nice to know it isn't just Xbox.

I've never actually experienced it on PS4 and i don't play PC so i wasn't sure

Hopefully, this will be fixed eventually. But they cannot fix every bug at once, and there are others to work on as well. This is not really a game breaking bug or anything, it is just weird.

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

Hopefully, this will be fixed eventually. But they cannot fix every bug at once, and there are others to work on as well. This is not really a game breaking bug or anything, it is just weird.

I agree, I'd like the Xbox mic issue to be resolved first as it's more important imo

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:41 AM, DarkWolf7798 said:

I agree, I'd like the Xbox mic issue to be resolved first as it's more important imo

The mic issue also happens on all platforms… But there is a way around it. If that player turns off "push to talk", it solves this problem... The only problem left is... your mic is open. It would be nice if this were fixed as well... there are many people that just do not want to leave their mic open for... understandable reasons. 

bumping this too for extra attention, happening to me about 5/10 matches on Switch, coincides with the random counselor/random Jason glitch

This has always happened not sure what causes it? You'll get the shape of one Jason but with a weird cross mix of 2 Jason's clothes. Happened on one of my goes last night on xbox. Seems to happen when it selects a random Jason. 

i play on xbox & ive seen it alot. just last night in fact, i was a part 5 with part 8's texture & it looked awesome. my favorites are when the retro skin is mixed with a jason other than part 3, part 7 being the best of course. ive never seen part 4, 8 or 9 turn retro tho.. another good one for part 7 is ghost jason. ive seen this a couple times where jasons hand is invisible and parts of his body are invisible under his ripped up cloths.. looks awesome..

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

i play on xbox & ive seen it alot. just last night in fact, i was a part 5 with part 8's texture & it looked awesome. my favorites are when the retro skin is mixed with a jason other than part 3, part 7 being the best of course. ive never seen part 4, 8 or 9 turn retro tho.. another good one for part 7 is ghost jason. ive seen this a couple times where jasons hand is invisible and parts of his body are invisible under his ripped up cloths.. looks awesome..

My personal favorite's are the part 2 retro mix where Bag-Head looks like he moonlights as part of the Joker's gang, and Pirate Part 8. On one occasion I got this weird mesh of 3 & 4 where his look reminded a lot of Sloth from Goonies.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

My personal favorite's are the part 2 retro mix where Bag-Head looks like he moonlights as part of the Joker's gang, and Pirate Part 8. On one occasion I got this weird mesh of 3 & 4 where his look reminded a lot of Sloth from Goonies.

hell yeah. retro sack is one of the best as well. that reminds me, flannel jasons are fairly common. part 2 mixed with 3 is usualy when i get that one.. alotta times has a pure white mask almost, with a flannel part 2 shirt.. lookin good jason!

sloth jason, yeah thats a good one.. pirate part 8? whats he look like??

3 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

hell yeah. retro sack is one of the best as well. that reminds me, flannel jasons are fairly common. part 2 mixed with 3 is usualy when i get that one.. alotta times has a pure white mask almost, with a flannel part 2 shirt.. lookin good jason!

sloth jason, yeah thats a good one.. pirate part 8? whats he look like??

It's a mesh between 8 & 6 with a bit of discoloration at the top of his head that kind of makes it look like he's wearing a bandanna. The outfit looks like Part 6's but it has that pitch black coloring of Part 8 that kind of makes it look like a leather jacket, and it was even shredded a bit, so I guess some Part 7 got tossed in there too. I guess you could call him biker Jason too, but when he comes out of the water at Crystal Lake wielding a machete, he really has the look of a Zombie Pirate rising from the depths. Thought I had a screen capture of him, but I can't find it for the life of me.

I've also played Roy one time and he was rocking some blue flannel... It kind of seemed appropriate for him though. Or looked like your drunk uncle decided to go on a killing spree.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It's a mesh between 8 & 6 with a bit of discoloration at the top of his head that kind of makes it look like he's wearing a bandanna.

I've also played Roy one time and he was rocking some blue flannel... It kind of seemed appropriate for him though.

i get ya, its kinda like a big red arrow on top of his head. i call that one war paint jason. roy is probably the best random mess  jason to demask because of the hood he wears with his face stickin out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

i get ya, its kinda like a big red arrow on top of his head. i call that one war paint jason. roy is probably the best random mess  jason to demask because of the hood he wears with his face stickin out.

I would like an answer as to what this abomination is.

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.0f4dbdd58ada8d0574412ac9658ba5b7.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't been here in awhile, i see this glitch is still present. I heard about the server hacks so that's definitely a higher priority than this, but hopefully they do fix this before the game officially dies.

1 hour ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

Haven't been here in awhile, i see this glitch is still present. I heard about the server hacks so that's definitely a higher priority than this, but hopefully they do fix this before the game officially dies.

They thought they had it fixed in the latest patch, but realized afterwards that it's still present. They said they are looking into it further. It is on their list of bugs to fix.

Nah, I wouldn't mind if they never fix the Jason texture glitch. It's one of the few gaffs in this game that's actually kind of charming. I'd much rather they focus on fixing the infinite PK exploits and crap like that. Not positive on this but I do think the texture glitch and the randomized counselor glitches are connected so they may have to patch one to fix the other, and so be it if that's the case. If not though, I don't mind seeing Jason's weird third cousin show up every once in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I wouldn't mind if they never fix the Jason texture glitch.

Me neither. I would also like it if it happened with counselors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Not positive on this but I do think the texture glitch and the randomized counselor glitches are connected

They are connected.

2 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They are connected.

I figured as much. I doubted it was a coincidence as counselors often got randomized  when a texture glitch occurs. We just can't have nice things can we? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I figured as much. I doubted it was a coincidence as counselors often got randomized  when a texture glitch occurs. We just can't have nice things can we? 

It's like the Pinehurst fireworks or sparkle blood. That's a bug I hope they never fix, but others despise it and want it gone. The random counselor glitch doesn't really bother me, I have all my counselors equipped with perks in case the random glitch happens. I laugh my ass off at some of the abominations that occur with the Jason texture glitches.

But back to the Pinehurst fireworks blood, how can you not like this:

• Haha 1