Should Jason Get a Routine Buff?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason Get a Routine Buff?

• Yes, let's keep them coming so Jason is never a punching bag ever again.
    • Yes, until the scales are close to ideally balanced, then leave well enough alone.
    • Maybe, in moderation and only if and when he needs it in the distant future.
    • No, he's too strong as it is.

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The Rage change is a first step. It's called Rage, it should mean more than just easier to crash thru walls. Now that the change is settling in and players are adjusting, we're actually seeing a lot of quality feedback on tuning things. Believe it or not, players ARE adjusting to the changes.

This is the way it supposed to be.

In the golden age of gaming, before patches and balance changes were a thing, games were as-is. If a game had a particularly difficult part, gamers only had three options:

1. Adapt, improve, or take a different approach to get past a challenge in the game

2. Play the exact same way expecting the game to let them win

3. Give up and move on to another game

2 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Not really sure what the putting Jason in a speedo has to do with anything I don’t recall ever seeing that mentioned in the suggestions, most of which were actually good ideas and would have kept the game more enjoyable for all play styles not just the style that you guys invisioned.

players are adjusting to the change because the have to not because they want to. But I have noticed a lot more teaming with Jason to beat him into rage mode right off that bat

I would think if you rolled thru the comments on the twitter and Facebook they paint a very different picture of what people think, as opposed to the 30 or so people on here that think Jason should be unstoppable.

But again it’s Gun media’s game So I guess that’s all that matters.

The Jason speedo that @mattshotcha made reference to was just a hypothetical example of something people might request, but would never make it into the game. Just because a person wants something to be a certain way in the game, doesn't mean that it will happen.

As far as adaptation, sometimes you have to adapt, whether you want to or not. That's a part of life that seems to stem into the gaming world.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Not really sure what the putting Jason in a speedo has to do with anything

It is an example of a ridiculous suggestion that goes against the devs, and the license holder's views of what Jason should be... and therefore... will NEVER happen. This should not need to be explained.

32 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

most of which were actually good ideas

I would say... "many"... not "most"... There were many ridiculous suggestions that fit with the example above as to why they will never happen. But there were also many good ideas in my opinion.

33 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

players are adjusting to the change because the have to not because they want to.

No... you got that one WAY off.... If players do not "want to"... then they do not "have to"... No one is forcing anyone to play this game. This should also not need to be explained.

34 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I would think if you rolled thru the comments on the twitter and Facebook they paint a very different picture of what people think, as opposed to the 30 or so people on here that think Jason should be unstoppable.

A game with such a low player base having so many complaints? How exactly does that work? And why exactly should any stock be put into complaints that were made before the patch dropped (there were a lot)... or for that matter, why should we listen to anything that anyone who complained before the patch dropped said?... This would indicate a biased opinion... and why should anyone listen to a biased opinion? That would just be a stupid thing to do.

There is more than thirty people that have zero problem with the changes... MANY more... not all of them are on these forums though. And not a single person that wanted Jason to be unstoppable who posted such a suggestion that I ever read, and I have read a lot of them... If someone suggested that... it would also fall under the ridiculous suggestions thingy above. And fortunately, he is NOT unstoppable as he can still die. I have still only run into one player in game that had anything that could remotely be called a complaint... After he was told of the changes, all he had to say was "that sucks" and left the lobby, which happened after the match finished.... and you do not want to know how many hours I have been in game since the patch.
    Also... as I keep pointing out to you... counselors are escaping in droves... and Jason players are still dying rather easily. Ignoring facts does not make one look in any way "intelligent"... If the current version of Jason is "unstoppable" to you... I can only imagine what the training wheels you desire would look like.

45 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

But again it’s Gun media’s game So I guess that’s all that matters.

This statement is only partially accurate... It is Gun Media's game... but that is not all that matters.... There are license holders that have to approve EVERYTHING that happens with this game... and neither of them included the piñata Jason in their visions. It is just something that "happened"... this patch has gone a long way to correct that.

45 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

I could go find a video of a decent player mowing down 8 people in 5 minutes, if that supposedly proves anything

The video above proves how easy it was (and still is up until rage hits) to turn Jason into a complete, blithering clown... And if they wanted to kill him.... you can plainly see how early they could have killed him... if they wanted to. Tommy spawned in at just over 4 minutes and the mask was already off... Easy peezy… if they wanted to do it.

A video of Jason killing 8 people in five minutes would only prove it is possible to do this as well... But I have never seen Jason kill eight people in five minutes (you also do not want to know how many matches I have actually played)... unless all of them wanted to die and allowed it to happen... A counselor that is even remotely competent at "running away" from Jason can take a bit longer than 37.5 seconds to catch.
   Just so you understand where I got that number.... 60 seconds x 5 (minutes) = 300 seconds (or 5 minutes)… divided that by 8 (for number of counselors) and... you get 37.5 seconds... which is the average time you can spend on each counselor to achieve 8 kills in 5 minutes. And yes... Then consider the time it takes for morph and shift to regenerate for each Jason variant... the time it takes to gather throwing knives to wound counselors that do not walk up to you and ask you politely to kill them... and the fact that ALL counselors are actually faster than Jason... You may even begin to understand how rarely this could happen "legitimately".
    And yes... I know how averages work... I am just proving a point. Learn your math kids.... It is the key to the universe.

But please... if you have such a video... put your money where your mouth is and prove it is possible to kill all eight counselors in five minutes LEGITIMATELY... But that would still only prove it is possible... not common, like piñata parties... or an easy peezy Jason kill... Making your point irrelevant... again.

• Like 4