Should Jason Get a Routine Buff?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jason Get a Routine Buff?

• Yes, let's keep them coming so Jason is never a punching bag ever again.
    • Yes, until the scales are close to ideally balanced, then leave well enough alone.
    • Maybe, in moderation and only if and when he needs it in the distant future.
    • No, he's too strong as it is.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:33 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Exactly!

@SouthernMan..... he always had it just watch Jason goes to Hell a copy of the Necronomicon is on a dresser in the Voorhees house....no lie.

That's a terrible idea. Why would you even suggest he watch that? Have you no soul behind those dead eyes of yours? You're a monster!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

That's a terrible idea. Why would you even suggest he watch that? Have you no soul behind those dead eyes of yours? You're a monster!

I mean once was certainly enough for me.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Lol....

I happen to enjoy Jason goes to Hell...because of how different it is and the new mythology introduced Jasons look and the kills especially in the unrated edition are top notch ......it is definitely not my favorite film in the franchise as that spot belongs to Jason lives.

Just now, OCT 31 1978 said:

Lol....

I happen to enjoy Jason goes to Hell...because of how different it is and I enjoy the new mythology introduced....it is definitely not my favorite film in the franchise as that spot belongs to Jason lives.

JGTH is currently on Netflix. I watched about the first five minutes last week. I think JGTH is an ok movie, but a terrible F13 movie. Too much of it's mythology contradicts the existing canon for my tastes.

Now Lives? I can get behind that! 

I definitely don't want things to go back like they were when even the best Jason players were a complete joke, but the keyword is balance. Meaning for both sides. 99% of the Jason's I've killed didn't even trap their shack or show up when Ms. Voorhees alerted him I was getting the sweater, and no, buffs shouldn't be rolled out every patch until counselors are served to lazy Jasons on a silver platter, because then it gets to a place where there's not even a point in trying as a counselor, and before long you guys won't even have counselors left playing the game to kill. And this poll doesn't even have 40 votes, so I hope TOO much stock doesn't get put into the opinion of a loud minority. If anything, run a Twitter poll. But suggestions like stamina not regaining when Jason is on you? So first you guys don't want counselors fighting back which you have now when Jason's in rage, and now you don't want them to run from him either? Ooookay...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BFizzle said:

I definitely don't want things to go back like they were when even the best Jason players were a complete joke, but the keyword is balance. Meaning for both sides. 99% of the Jason's I've killed didn't even trap their shack or show up when Ms. Voorhees alerted him I was getting the sweater, and no, buffs shouldn't be rolled out every patch until counselors are served to lazy Jasons on a silver platter, because then it gets to a place where there's not even a point in trying as a counselor, and before long you guys won't even have counselors left playing the game to kill. And this poll doesn't even have 40 votes, so I hope TOO much stock doesn't get put into the opinion of a loud minority. If anything, run a Twitter poll. But suggestions like stamina not regaining when Jason is on you? So first you guys don't want counselors fighting back which you have now when Jason's in rage, and now you don't want them to run from him either? Ooookay...

Let us know how the results of that Twitter poll turn out.

Counselors defense has been completely nerfed when Jason hits rage, looping is part of the game. Get better at your shift grab and looping won't be a problem and get better with your stalk they won't hear or see you coming. if you play it right! 

13 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Is a Mask HP increase, and giving Jason stun-protection after stun-animations, still on the table?  @mattshotcha

Do you mean as opposed to the Rage change? Because I know the team likes the design of Rage meaning more than wall walking, but they agree that it has tuning to be done. I don't see it being reversed in favor of Mask HP and Stun Protection.

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Do you mean as opposed to the Rage change? Because I know the team likes the design of Rage meaning more than wall walking, but they agree that it has tuning to be done. I don't see it being reversed in favor of Mask HP and Stun Protection.

No, I’m not against the Rage change.  I’m making a suggestion to increase Jason’s Mask Hit-points, and give Jason some stun-protection after a stun-animation.  What I mean by “stun-protection” is to give him immunity-frames to give Jason some breathing room and enough time to shift, block, or morph away to avoid damage, cause as of right now Jason’s only line of defense after getting Mask knocked off is either: 1. Turing into an fish 2. Accepting his defeat, or 3. Just leave the game. 

And none of those options are fun, IMHO. 

Here’s a good example of being stun-locked: 

Keep in mind that Jason takes a big chunk of damage from those hits from after a stun. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

No, I’m not against the Rage change.  I’m making a suggestion to increase Jason’s Mask Hit-points, and give Jason some stun-protection after a stun-animation.  What I mean by “stun-protection” is to give him immunity-frames to give Jason some breathing room and enough time to shift, block, or morph away to avoid damage, cause as of right now Jason’s only line of defense after getting Mask knocked off is either: 1. Turing into an fish 2. Accepting his defeat, or 3. Just leave the game. 

And none of those options are fun, IMHO. 

I see, my bad, I misunderstood.

Let me add this to the feedback pool. The team has evaluating to do, so no promises, but I can make the interest heard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Shouldn’t it kinda matter what the players think, I hope “the team” isn’t opposed to changes simply because they like it and think it’s great. But it does seem more like that’s the case seeing as the 35 pages of suggestions that were on this forum alone got looked over for an easy fix for circle stunning Jason

12 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Shouldn’t it kinda matter what the players think, I hope “the team” isn’t opposed to changes simply because they like it and think it’s great. But it does seem more like that’s the case seeing as the 35 pages of suggestions that were on this forum alone got looked over for an easy fix for circle stunning Jason

Dude, they already stated that they have their list of changes they intend to make but wanted to see how this one acted in the wild. It does matter want the players think but let me ask you, which players?

Should they prioritize players who have been giving feedback in a positive way for a long period of time or the players who just showed up with gamer tags that read as mild attempts at trolling?

Those 35 pages weren’t looked over, I’m sure that each idea that caught a team members eye, were at the very least discussed and even odds, that more than one will make an appearance in the next few months.

At some point soon, you’re going to have to figure out wether you came here to troll, or wether you want to be a camper like the rest of us. If you’re a camper, pull up a seat by the fire and relax, things take time. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Dude, they already stated that they have their list of changes they intend to make but wanted to see how this one acted in the wild. It does matter want the players think but let me ask you, which players?

Should they prioritize players who have been giving feedback in a positive way for a long period of time or the players who just showed up with gamer tags that read as mild attempts at trolling?

Those 35 pages weren’t looked over, I’m sure that each idea that caught a team members eye, were at the very least discussed and even odds, that more than one will make an appearance in the next few months.

At some point soon, you’re going to have to figure out wether you came here to troll, or wether you want to be a camper like the rest of us. If you’re a camper, pull up a seat by the fire and relax, things take time. 

At some point you need to figure out the money you paid for the game or that anyone paid for the game should all mean the same they shouldn’t prioritize anybody’s opinion over the next person. It shouldn’t matter if they just “showed up” they could have been playing the game just as long as you and had no reason to complain until now, and why is everyone’s go to around here to say people who don’t agree are “trolls” you could just say you disagree like an adult. 

I think that:

1 - Jason should be removed from the map when Morphing.
2 - The system of Fear needs a rework. I propose to base it on the GURPS Fright Check table:

http://bignose.whitetree.org/projects/gurps/house-rules.devel/fright-check.xhtml

The interesting point is the variety of effects of fear that can make the PJs completely nuts and have physical and/or mental afflictions.

@ShiftySamurai
@mattshotcha

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

At some point you need to figure out the money you paid for the game or that anyone paid for the game should all mean the same they shouldn’t prioritize anybody’s opinion over the next person. The money you spent on the game is irrelevant, it’s their game you and I are just consumers. We have no more right to dictate the decisions they make then someone never spent a cent on it. 

It shouldn’t matter if they just “showed up” they could have been playing the game just as long as you and had no reason to complain until now, They could have had no reason to complain but the content of their posts would still matter, people don’t listen to those who only criticize, if you post with no tact or substance you’re bound to be ignored. 

and why is everyone’s go to around here to say people who don’t agree are “trolls” you could just say you disagree like an adult. Newman, your name’s intent is to offend, you’re lucky you’ve been tolerated this long.

If you don’t like it in camp, leave... problem solved.

Or stop acting like a troll and maybe do what @HaHaTrumpWon did and become a valuable member of the community.

PS. To @HaHaTrumpWon, sorry for using you as an example, but I figured you’re the perfect one, as I think when you got here you were very much looking to troll us but then became involved in camp and one of my favourite posters, apologies if you’re offend brother. (Let me know if you want it edited out)

• Like 2

IMHO not as many players would have been having stun fest dance parties in the first place if the game didn't force everyone to learn how to fight Jason by making stealth trash. What else were we supposed to do when he can find us anywhere after rage? Now we just have no options besides gtfo in 10 minutes which isn't difficult with friends. But it does get boring af after awhile and makes me wish there were more viable playstyles for counselors. I'm fine with the rage buffs and I'd welcome regular buffs if they came with interesting counter play options. 

@Lady_goldfish, I thought your name looked familiar, good to see you back in camp. Here’s some random bits to get you up to speed...

We have a new Community Lead Mattshotcha, he’s posted a number of encouraging things in regards to future adjustments and balance changes.

There’s also a new weekly Twitch stream called Beyond, they’re very informative so far, some rough bits but good overall, considering they’re new at this.

Don’t remember if you were around for this part but there’s a lawsuit mucking stuff up and preventing new content. 

Perks are being re-worked but no concrete details on how, it won’t involve new content but should have some good stuff anyway. (Here’s hoping.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If you don’t like it in camp, leave... problem solved.

Or stop acting like a troll and maybe do what @HaHaTrumpWon did and become a valuable member of the community.

PS. To @HaHaTrumpWon, sorry for using you as an example, but I figured you’re the perfect one, as I think when you got here you were very much looking to troll us but then became involved in camp and one of my favourite posters, apologies if you’re offend brother. (Let me know if you want it edited out)

Not offended in the least my friend. I don't think I was trolling as much as I was just being a total asshole to people I didn't agree with. Over time though,  it finally clicked that you get a great deal more accomplished if you try and contribute something useful to the conversation rather than say "That guy XYZ is an uber-fag. Fuck that loser"

Edit: I didn't want to double-post so I just decided to edit my original reply. 

THIS is why the buff was so desperately needed. I'm aware the Jason in this video isn't exactly the most highly skilled, but that's all the more reason to have the buff: so newer Jason's can learn to improve without being a counselors bitch the whole round.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Yes and it definitely does. But there is also a design to the game.

Example, if a ton of you started to request that Jason throw on a speedo and host a beach party with the counselors instead of killing them, we wouldn't add that to the game.

The Rage change is a first step. It's called Rage, it should mean more than just easier to crash thru walls. Now that the change is settling in and players are adjusting, we're actually seeing a lot of quality feedback on tuning things. Believe it or not, players ARE adjusting to the changes. Now, we still want to keep an eye out and tune these things, but a full reversal of the change is a knee jerk reaction. We stand by the design of the change, but that doesn't mean we aren't interested in tuning it. We absolutely are. But not a full reversal. That's why my statement that you quoted said "As opposed to the Rage change..." Because we aren't currently sourcing a replacement for more effective and powerful Jason in Rage state, we are looking at ways to tune it.

• Like 2

Things that should be happening independent of rage for things other than LATE GAME gameplay.

- Remove Jason from the minimap for counselor unless they use a flaregun

- Remove counselors from each others minimap, so they don't know where each other are without a walkie or other means

- If you aren't going to allow Jason to choose the loadout of his powers on matchstart because of 'game design' (like switching Sense with Stalk for example by player choice). Then switch it permanently and see how the change goes. Jason should have stalk much earlier in the match and if Sense were last, that would auto help Stealth gameplay without even making the SIMPLE nerf of preventing Jason from toggling Sense. At the same time, allowing him to toggle Stalk would make sense.

His loadout would be Morph, Stalk, Shift, Sense instead.

Those are just basic things, not even talking about changing up counselor traps or Jason's traps to be more useful.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Yes and it definitely does. But there is also a design to the game.

Example, if a ton of you started to request that Jason throw on a speedo and host a beach party with the counselors instead of killing them, we wouldn't add that to the game.

The Rage change is a first step. It's called Rage, it should mean more than just easier to crash thru walls. Now that the change is settling in and players are adjusting, we're actually seeing a lot of quality feedback on tuning things. Believe it or not, players ARE adjusting to the changes. Now, we still want to keep an eye out and tune these things, but a full reversal of the change is a knee jerk reaction. We stand by the design of the change, but that doesn't mean we aren't interested in tuning it. We absolutely are. But not a full reversal. That's why my statement that you quoted said "As opposed to the Rage change..." Because we aren't currently sourcing a replacement for more effective and powerful Jason in Rage state, we are looking at ways to tune it.

Not really sure what the putting Jason in a speedo has to do with anything I don’t recall ever seeing that mentioned in the suggestions, most of which were actually good ideas and would have kept the game more enjoyable for all play styles not just the style that you guys invisioned.

players are adjusting to the change because the have to not because they want to. But I have noticed a lot more teaming with Jason to beat him into rage mode right off that bat

I would think if you rolled thru the comments on the twitter and Facebook they paint a very different picture of what people think, as opposed to the 30 or so people on here that think Jason should be unstoppable.

But again it’s Gun media’s game So I guess that’s all that matters.

13 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Not offended in the least my friend. I don't think I was trolling as much as I was just being a total asshole to people I didn't agree with. Over time though,  it finally clicked that you get a great deal more accomplished if you try and contribute something useful to the conversation rather than say "That guy XYZ is an uber-fag. Fuck that loser"

Edit: I didn't want to double-post so I just decided to edit my original reply. 

THIS is why the buff was so desperately needed. I'm aware the Jason in this video isn't exactly the most highly skilled, but that's all the more reason to have the buff: so newer Jason's can learn to improve without being a counselors bitch the whole round.

I could go find a video of a decent player mowing down 8 people in 5 minutes, if that supposedly proves anything

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Things that should be happening independent of rage for things other than LATE GAME gameplay.

- Remove Jason from the minimap for counselor unless they use a flaregun

- Remove counselors from each others minimap, so they don't know where each other are without a walkie or other means

- If you aren't going to allow Jason to choose the loadout of his powers on matchstart because of 'game design' (like switching Sense with Stalk for example by player choice). Then switch it permanently and see how the change goes. Jason should have stalk much earlier in the match and if Sense were last, that would auto help Stealth gameplay without even making the SIMPLE nerf of preventing Jason from toggling Sense. At the same time, allowing him to toggle Stalk would make sense.

His loadout would be Morph, Stalk, Shift, Sense instead.

Those are just basic things, not even talking about changing up counselor traps or Jason's traps to be more useful.

Great suggestions definitely like them!!

@mattshotcha these would make for some interesting changes to earlier gameplay.

@Urmomsnewman no one is disputing that Jasons players can still  mow down counselors and go 8/8.

The same can be said for counselors who can escape survive or kill Jason every round...

Player skills will determine the outcome....most games...

The issue that is being disputed were mechanics that allowed Jason to be “bullied” the entire match especially in group Scenarios this dynamic helped create groups  “ kill squads ” that openly hunted Jason. ....the constant stuns gave Jason the appearance of being weak and destroyed any threat/ fear of confronting Jason in the game ...this gameplay mechanic was something the developers have said multiple times that it goes against the premise and design of the game.....the new patch is just one step in many more to fine tune the design the developers have for the game. 

• Like 1