Jump to content

Should Jason Get a Routine Buff?  

54 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Jason Get a Routine Buff?

    • Yes, let's keep them coming so Jason is never a punching bag ever again.
    • Yes, until the scales are close to ideally balanced, then leave well enough alone.
    • Maybe, in moderation and only if and when he needs it in the distant future.
    • No, he's too strong as it is.


Recommended Posts

I saw this pop up in another topic and thought the data collected would help the developers out. Keep an eye on this one @mattshotcha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason needed this buff and it was a good one. Haven't been scared of Jason in a match in a long time, but when that Rage mask shows and I hear momma, im a running! 😲, A few more tweaks to add a little more fear in beginning of match would be great too. Playing Resident evil 7 recently and trying to search through house and do tasks as the crazy hillbilly guy is following you around is menacing. I've been in a deep sweat through most of that game so far. Lets bring that here. That added pressure element in beginning would be great for those trying to get quick fixes in. Maybe having stalk sooner would fix that. Not knowing if he is there or not early would be fun..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they make him so he could be stunned even for a second or 2 then a 15 no stun period while in rage so you could defend yourself buffing other stuff wouldn’t be so bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I think the balance is going in the right direction... but tweaks are only needed until a proper balance is found. The problem is, everyone has different ideas about balance. You all know how I feel... Counselor play should be difficult... this is a horror survival game... If counselor play is too easy, then it is not a horror survival game... it is more of a no one dies game. For the horror survival feel... some players have to die. There are too many people that have an issue with dying in this type of game. We all should be dying in this game, just not necessarily in every match. Even the best players will die first sometimes and even the least skilled players will still survive in some matches.

   For the star of the game:
   1: Jason should be feared... we are doing pretty good with that one at the moment.
   2: Jason should be difficult to kill... one day... one day he just might be hard to kill. Jason's blocking is still too slow to get into it... It was a quick reaction to get into block at one time, and it helped then... but as it is now it is useless. Some say the block is fine if you are the host (the person choosing the map)… which is all fine and dandy if you are in this position. I am Jason and the person choosing the map so rarely, I have not even thought to compare the two to see the difference. The problem is, the Jason player is not this person in every match, not even close... and perhaps, there is the fix right there... Change the person that will be Jason in the next round (through normal selection methods) to the person selecting the map. But I am sure people will cry about this too... Wha! I want my Packanack small... Wha!
    His mask is still too easy to get off as well... but an indefensible hit after his animations is a guaranteed hit towards demasking at full damage during his very brief stun immunity after each stun animation.
    Solving these two problems would go a long way towards making the J-kill more difficult.
   3: Jason should have a good chance of not walking away with a low kill count... but not necessarily wipe the lobby all the time... This is the hardest thing to balance in my opinion. Too many factors involved. Varying skill levels concerning all aspects of play on both sides... Parts spawning too close or too far away from objectives... and so on.
   4: Loopers are a bit of an issue. Any idiot can run circles around a table and draw out a ring around the rosy match for quite some time. More throwing knives for Jason to pick up around the map would be a nice counter to this... knives are hit and miss in the first place and the time it takes to gather them are more than enough to balance out adding more to the map.

    For Counselors:
    1: Indefensible cabins are in issue... by this I mean (in smaller cabins) the only useable window is so close to the door that even a walking Jason can be on top of you before you finish crawling through it or are able to begin moving after the jumping through the window animation. There is always the possibility to juke around Jason and get through the door in many cases... but a window far enough away from the door that you can begin moving before Jason is on top of you (without using shift) would be nice. Its not like Jason cannot break the windows any way. This is something I would really like to see in the game... but I will not keep my hopes up, nor complain if it never happens.
    2: Counselors should have a chance to escape or kill Jason: By this I mean what I say... They should have a chance to do either and that chance does not need to be 90%. Nothing should be too easy... and there is a point where things can be too difficult. As the opposing point to #3 above... we begin to see why balance is so difficult. Both sides should have to work for it... but the Jason kill should be a rarity... If we are seeing one a night over the course of 6 matches... that is still pretty common... and common translates to easy in this instance... The only people who disagree with that need some lessons in math. 1 in 75 was a number I believe I heard before, and that would truly make it a rarity... but it would be impossible to achieve... too many factors involved once again. It merely needs to be made more difficult.
    How many matches does the average player have in one day or night?... I never really keep count on my own, but playing for four to six hours (or more) on many nights that I do play... I generally see a minimum of one, if not several J-kills. One in six on a regular basis does imply that it is not difficult... more than one in six seems to imply that it is pretty frickin' easy. Three in six is a flip of the coin at 50%
    3: Counselors already have a lot of pluses to them... dropped parts show on the map... we can see Jason on the map quite a bit... there are plenty of weapons around the camp... Pocket knives seem to be in a good place, not too many, yet you still have a good chance to find one, and will still sometimes find two... A counselor can swing through another counselor to release their team mate from Jason's grip (that needs to go, Jason needs meat shielding back)... Perks, which are in the process of getting a "rework" are already very useful... It is too bad most people cannot move beyond medic and thick skin, but it is what it is... When more than half the lobby is using medic, this becomes a ridiculous number of med sprays in a match... and it is often more than half the lobby using medic. But when no one is using medic, the number of med sprays is fine in my opinion.

     I am sure there are things I am forgetting to mention for both sides... but it is not counselors that need any buff. They have not needed a buff for a long time... they are in a fairly good place.
     I am still escaping more since this patch than before it... but I am always working for it. Give me back firecracker and flare stuns during rage and let's make it even easier for me... Just kidding, I try to be gone before rage happens... with as many players as I can take with me... but I can still escape after rage hits just as easily as I do not go out of my way to fight him. I never understood the firecracker or flare stun in the first place. Perhaps Jason is distracted by loud shiny things?... and flares tend to bounce off things they are shot into, not stick into them and burn... But I understand why they do what they do in game... I am sometimes easily distracted by shiny things too.
        

1 hour ago, Urmomsnewman said:

If they make him so he could be stunned even for a second or 2 then a 15 no stun period while in rage so you could defend yourself buffing other stuff wouldn’t be so bad

   No. Backwards is the wrong direction for any endeavor. But I would not be against it if two tiny little things were done first... Take away the stamina boost for hitting Jason for the entire match OR give a realistic side effect to this "adrenaline rush".. When adrenaline wears off... it leaves you exhausted... with very little stamina and a longer time to recover from stamina loss... Exhaustion is a bitch... and realism makes things better.
   AND... to balance out all the stunning that would be going on again... Jason should have the ability to stun counselors... Fair is fair after all... and the only realistic part about any of it would be Jason stunning the counselors... Another instance where realism would make things better. It is a horror survival game, not a "see how often you can stun Jason" game. This would also let us see just how much these counselors that throw piñata parties like having it done to them... Not at all would be my guess. Any complaint given towards this one can be used back at you from the other side.

   In case you have not noticed... two or more counselors can still defend each other just fine. One person fighting Jason should never go well anyway. The counselors are not trained soldiers, they are teenagers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is sort of a tough question. I think the game should be balanced to the point where Jason is scary, and an actual threat, not a punching bag for trolls to dance on...but at the same time, counselors should still have a chance to escape, BUT it should not be easy to escape either. I think something definitely needs to be done about killing Jason, it's just way too easy to do, and it happens WAY too often. Killing him should be a rarity, and challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ahab said:

   I think the balance is going in the right direction... but tweaks are only needed until a proper balance is found. The problem is, everyone has different ideas about balance. You all know how I feel... Counselor play should be difficult... this is a horror survival game... If counselor play is too easy, then it is not a horror survival game... it is more of a no one dies game. For the horror survival feel... some players have to die. There are too many people that have an issue with dying in this type of game. We all should be dying in this game, just not necessarily in every match. Even the best players will die first sometimes and even the least skilled players will still survive in some matches.

   For the star of the game:
   1: Jason should be feared... we are doing pretty good with that one at the moment.
   2: Jason should be difficult to kill... one day... one day he just might be hard to kill. Jason's blocking is still too slow to get into it... It was a quick reaction to get into block at one time, and it helped then... but as it is now it is useless. Some say the block is fine if you are the host (the person choosing the map)… which is all fine and dandy if you are in this position. I am Jason and the person choosing the map so rarely, I have not even thought to compare the two to see the difference. The problem is, the Jason player is not this person in every match, not even close... and perhaps, there is the fix right there... Change the person that will be Jason in the next round (through normal selection methods) to the person selecting the map. But I am sure people will cry about this too... Wha! I want my Packanack small... Wha!
    His mask is still too easy to get off as well... but an indefensible hit after his animations is a guaranteed hit towards demasking at full damage during his very brief stun immunity after each stun animation.
    Solving these two problems would go a long way towards making the J-kill more difficult.
   3: Jason should have a good chance of not walking away with a low kill count... but not necessarily wipe the lobby all the time... This is the hardest thing to balance in my opinion. Too many factors involved. Varying skill levels concerning all aspects of play on both sides... Parts spawning too close or too far away from objectives... and so on.
   4: Loopers are a bit of an issue. Any idiot can run circles around a table and draw out a ring around the rosy match for quite some time. More throwing knives for Jason to pick up around the map would be a nice counter to this... knives are hit and miss in the first place and the time it takes to gather them are more than enough to balance out adding more to the map.

    For Counselors:
    1: Indefensible cabins are in issue... by this I mean (in smaller cabins) the only useable window is so close to the door that even a walking Jason can be on top of you before you finish crawling through it or are able to begin moving after the jumping through the window animation. There is always the possibility to juke around Jason and get through the door in many cases... but a window far enough away from the door that you can begin moving before Jason is on top of you (without using shift) would be nice. Its not like Jason cannot break the windows any way. This is something I would really like to see in the game... but I will not keep my hopes up, nor complain if it never happens.
    2: Counselors should have a chance to escape or kill Jason: By this I mean what I say... They should have a chance to do either and that chance does not need to be 90%. Nothing should be too easy... and there is a point where things can be too difficult. As the opposing point to #3 above... we begin to see why balance is so difficult. Both sides should have to work for it... but the Jason kill should be a rarity... If we are seeing one a night over the course of 6 matches... that is still pretty common... and common translates to easy in this instance... The only people who disagree with that need some lessons in math. 1 in 75 was a number I believe I heard before, and that would truly make it a rarity... but it would be impossible to achieve... too many factors involved once again. It merely needs to be made more difficult.
    How many matches does the average player have in one day or night?... I never really keep count on my own, but playing for four to six hours (or more) on many nights that I do play... I generally see a minimum of one, if not several J-kills. One in six on a regular basis does imply that it is not difficult... more than one in six seems to imply that it is pretty frickin' easy. Three in six is a flip of the coin at 50%
    3: Counselors already have a lot of pluses to them... dropped parts show on the map... we can see Jason on the map quite a bit... there are plenty of weapons around the camp... Pocket knives seem to be in a good place, not too many, yet you still have a good chance to find one, and will still sometimes find two... A counselor can swing through another counselor to release their team mate from Jason's grip (that needs to go, Jason needs meat shielding back)... Perks, which are in the process of getting a "rework" are already very useful... It is too bad most people cannot move beyond medic and thick skin, but it is what it is... When more than half the lobby is using medic, this becomes a ridiculous number of med sprays in a match... and it is often more than half the lobby using medic. But when no one is using medic, the number of med sprays is fine in my opinion.

     I am sure there are things I am forgetting to mention for both sides... but it is not counselors that need any buff. They have not needed a buff for a long time... they are in a fairly good place.
     I am still escaping more since this patch than before it... but I am always working for it. Give me back firecracker and flare stuns during rage and let's make it even easier for me... Just kidding, I try to be gone before rage happens... with as many players as I can take with me... but I can still escape after rage hits just as easily as I do not go out of my way to fight him. I never understood the firecracker or flare stun in the first place. Perhaps Jason is distracted by loud shiny things?... and flares tend to bounce off things they are shot into, not stick into them and burn... But I understand why they do what they do in game... I am sometimes easily distracted by shiny things too.
        

   No. Backwards is the wrong direction for any endeavor. But I would not be against it if two tiny little things were done first... Take away the stamina boost for hitting Jason for the entire match OR give a realistic side effect to this "adrenaline rush".. When adrenaline wears off... it leaves you exhausted... with very little stamina and a longer time to recover from stamina loss... Exhaustion is a bitch... and realism makes things better.
   AND... to balance out all the stunning that would be going on again... Jason should have the ability to stun counselors... Fair is fair after all... and the only realistic part about any of it would be Jason stunning the counselors... Another instance where realism would make things better. It is a horror survival game, not a "see how often you can stun Jason" game. This would also let us see just how much these counselors that throw piñata parties like having it done to them... Not at all would be my guess. Any complaint given towards this one can be used back at you from the other side.

   In case you have not noticed... two or more counselors can still defend each other just fine. One person fighting Jason should never go well anyway. The counselors are not trained soldiers, they are teenagers.

Well this is a game so realism has to be kinda thrown out the window a bit and to play devils advocate not matter if they are teenagers or if Jason was to get hit in the face with a axe by bugs or Adam I’m sure he would be down for a lot longer no matter how pissed he was or shot in the face with a shotgun his head would be gone or hit by a car at 40 mph. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the loopers, make their stamina drop gradually if:
1- They are in a close radius of Jason.
2- If their fear is at the max.
3- Add no stamina regen if they hit Jason.

I guarantee that they will try to escape instead of looping next time.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Jason needed this buff and it was a good one. Haven't been scared of Jason in a match in a long time, but when that Rage mask shows and I hear momma, im a running! 😲, A few more tweaks to add a little more fear in beginning of match would be great too. Playing Resident evil 7 recently and trying to search through house and do tasks as the crazy hillbilly guy is following you around is menacing. I've been in a deep sweat through most of that game so far. Lets bring that here. That added pressure element in beginning would be great for those trying to get quick fixes in. Maybe having stalk sooner would fix that. Not knowing if he is there or not early would be fun..

Sounds like you are enjoy RE7 as much as I am.

24 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

For the loopers, make their stamina drop gradually if:
1- They are in a close radius of Jason.
2- If their fear is at the max.
3- Add no stamina regen if they hit Jason.

I guarantee that they will try to escape instead of looping next time.

These are some pretty interesting suggestions.

@Ahab Thanks as always for a nice breakdown of the state of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fair Play said:

Sounds like you are enjoy RE7 as much as I am.

These are some pretty interesting suggestions.

@Ahab Thanks as always for a nice breakdown of the state of the game.

I'm trying. ^^

Finally, the main point is to force everyone to "roleplay" their characters.

It's easier if the game mechanics subtlety induce those behaviours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Well this is a game so realism has to be kinda thrown out the window a bit and to play devils advocate not matter if they are teenagers or if Jason was to get hit in the face with a axe by bugs or Adam I’m sure he would be down for a lot longer no matter how pissed he was or shot in the face with a shotgun his head would be gone or hit by a car at 40 mph. 

   Yes... certain parts of realism do not work well in ANY game or movie for that matter... This should not need any explaining to anyone. That does not dismiss the FACT that as much realism as is possible to get in there makes it better. You can argue that one as much as you like... It is not an argument you will win... ever.

    You cannot have a hard to kill Jason if he dies from one hit in the face from an axe... not with the combat system as it is... and you need some kind of combat system if you want it to be possible to "kill" Jason.... and if you could kill him with one hit from an axe in the game... you would have to have far weaker counselors to compensate the balance for 1 killer to EVER stand a chance against seven counselors.
    This part of balance also comes from one major difference from movie to game that they can NEVER work around. The players of the game know that Jason is there and is coming for them... the characters in the movies did not... until it was too late to get the fuck out of there without a maniac right behind them. This is a game, and both sides need a chance... but in seven vs one... for the one to stand ANY chance, he needs to be over powered.

    You cannot have a hard to kill Jason if he dies from one blast from a shotgun... not if you want to have shotguns in the game... Shotguns are a magical obliteration device in real life after all... Yet in part 6, he took several blasts and got up quicker on each successive shotgun blast.... Obliterating his head would have done away with any sequels from that point on... and for balance in game play, the Jason variants (including Roy with that one) are all the same as far as combat goes, excluding the "weapon strength" that a couple variants have.
     You can imagine how much more difficult it would be to balance the gameplay if the "living" Jason variants (and Roy) were so vastly different from the undead variants. It is what it is for "reasons".

    How exactly would you propose Jason stops the car when its moving? This also needs to be there for balance purposes... At this point, even if we could chop down a tree to block the road to stop them, that would be new content and will never see the light of day. We are stuck with this mechanic in game... just accept it.

    But throwing the reality out the window for things beyond certain balance points... and the explanation of the "undead" killer himself would bring this franchise too far into the spreadable cheese that just kills an entire movie, or game.
    Take a look back at stories from the 50's. Sci-fi "B" movies where science didn't matter and the writers did zero research before writing their scripts. These movies were meant to be serious... and at the time, they were... but the utter lack of realism on a great many integral parts to the story makes them into comedies as the general population actually learned more. The works of Ray Bradbury come to mind as well.
    Compare these to writers that do their research and know what they are writing about... like Isaac Asimov… or Michael Crichton... and you may understand what I am talking about.
    The less realism in anything contributes to the level of spreadable cheese... Where as the more realism put into it contributes greatly to the quality of the experience. This game was not meant to be a comedy.

    And as far as "realism" with stunning Jason... that one took it way too far in the wrong direction. Which absolutely no one would even complain that it was there if it worked both ways... at least not about Jason being stunned anyway. The same crowd complaining about the patch now would be up in arms if he could stun a counselor even once in a match. The laughable unbelievability comes from the incredibly strong and resilient killer being stunned by 120 pound teenagers... who he has ZERO chance to stun... ever... Yet he is far stronger than any three of them put together.
    The stunning Jason thing is not going anywhere, it will always be a thing in the game. It simply never needed to be as excessive as it was. Cutting our the ability of counselors to keep Jason in a stun animation for 75% of ANY match is a good thing for balance purposes. Now you can't stun Jason in rage mode... so what? Players are STILL having an extremely easy go of it when killing him... Players are STILL escaping in droves despite the claims of it being impossible to get away from Jason... So, you cannot stun him in rage, there was absolutely no buff to any ability he has that would help him catch you and kill you.

    Just so you know... you do not have to quote the entire post when it is a long post. Quoting the line you are responding to gets the point across well enough... or just tagging the person you are responding to like this @Urmomsnewman will suffice... Quoting long posts is also against the forum rules and I would not want you to get banned... I enjoy our little chats.

23 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

This is sort of a tough question. I think the game should be balanced to the point where Jason is scary, and an actual threat, not a punching bag for trolls to dance on...but at the same time, counselors should still have a chance to escape, BUT it should not be easy to escape either. I think something definitely needs to be done about killing Jason, it's just way too easy to do, and it happens WAY too often. Killing him should be a rarity, and challenging.

   It is a very tough question... Slowing the piñata parties down to a crawl and making the Jason kill harder were the point of the patch... and it helped a lot with the piñata parties from what I have seen... killing Jason is another matter though.
   Many players feel the same way you do... Jason does need to be scary and an actual threat, which he is not as long as the whole piñata thing is still an issue... no one is scared of anyone they can stun over and over again... But from the complaints about the patch that have been made, it sure does seem like some people are scared of Jason now... the problem is, these people feel he should not be scary.
    Making the Jason kill harder would be nice too... and I think they actually want to have it that way... but as you said, it is a tough question.

    Escaping should not be easy either, and in many matches it is not... due to circumstances in that particular match more than anything else I think. But in many matches it can be easy to escape, even against an awesome Jason player... due to other circumstances... every match is different... Tough question indeed.

    If they made the grab too easy to pull of, then we would absolutely never see a missed shift grab... which would make even a novice Jason impossible to escape from after he has you in his sights.
    If Jason was made slightly faster, or counselors slightly slower... Jason would always be able to catch up to the slower counselors and slash or grab them without an issue. He is very close to the speed of the slowest counselors now... The running Jason vs the slower counselors when jogging is what I mean.
    No one wants a game that is impossible to come out on top for one side or the other... It is truly a tough question.
 

20 hours ago, KenshiroHNK said:

For the loopers, make their stamina drop gradually if:
1- They are in a close radius of Jason.
2- If their fear is at the max.
3- Add no stamina regen if they hit Jason.

I guarantee that they will try to escape instead of looping next time.

   These are some interesting suggestions. I agree that the fear mechanic should be slightly harsher... It does slow down your stamina regeneration already and is quite noticeable at high fear levels. Being in close proximity to Jason does quickly raise your fear level. Perhaps stamina regeneration should continue to drop off the longer you stay near him after hitting max fear... hard to say if that is too much or not.
   I also agree that the stamina bonus for hitting Jason is too much... also not necessary in the game at all and promotes this type of behavior. From what I see, it is mainly used for a crutch for players that are only really good at knowing when to swing. I can truly say it is not necessary to be in game as I almost never hit Jason to begin with... and I escape often... My escape ratio is actually a bit higher than it should be in my opinion... and I use the slow counselors. But removing this would not make it more difficult for me as I (almost) never use it.

   As far as playing Jason with a looping counselor, or chasing one counselor that manages to regenerate their stamina with either "lucky" or very well timed hits... Throwing knives are a great thing here. The problem is the hit and miss ratio (which we can make better through practice) and the lack of knives on the map. It takes forever and a day to gather them anyway, and with thick skin and medic, one counselor can eat up an astounding amount of knives even if you do not miss... So I think I will stick with my suggestion of more throwing knives on a map for Jason to pick up.
   A quick throw is impossible to dodge once you are practiced in doing it... and offline bots is actually great for target practice with this... But even being really good at it, there can still be a high miss to hit ratio. I have matches in which I can't seem to hit anyone... and other matches in which it seems I cannot miss.... Also, never quick throw a knife over a table, or other piece of furniture, or even a fire pit... There are still some invisible walls that it will stick into and waste your knife... Directly behind them is the way to go.
   A stationary shift against the furniture they are looping you around confounds them as well... and can easily end the looping.
   Stalk + morph outside + shift back in at them also helps end this quickly... if the looping spot is near a door and the door has been smashed already.

@Fair Play No problem... sorry about the length of the post... again... but it was a multiple response at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:

   Yes... certain parts of realism do not work well in ANY game or movie for that matter... This should not need any explaining to anyone. That does not dismiss the FACT that as much realism as is possible to get in there makes it better. You can argue that one as much as you like... It is not an argument you will win... ever.

    You cannot have a hard to kill Jason if he dies from one hit in the face from an axe... not with the combat system as it is... and you need some kind of combat system if you want it to be possible to "kill" Jason.... and if you could kill him with one hit from an axe in the game... you would have to have far weaker counselors to compensate the balance for 1 killer to EVER stand a chance against seven counselors.
    This part of balance also comes from one major difference from movie to game that they can NEVER work around. The players of the game know that Jason is there and is coming for them... the characters in the movies did not... until it was too late to get the fuck out of there without a maniac right behind them. This is a game, and both sides need a chance... but in seven vs one... for the one to stand ANY chance, he needs to be over powered.

    You cannot have a hard to kill Jason if he dies from one blast from a shotgun... not if you want to have shotguns in the game... Shotguns are a magical obliteration device in real life after all... Yet in part 6, he took several blasts and got up quicker on each successive shotgun blast.... Obliterating his head would have done away with any sequels from that point on... and for balance in game play, the Jason variants (including Roy with that one) are all the same as far as combat goes, excluding the "weapon strength" that a couple variants have.
     You can imagine how much more difficult it would be to balance the gameplay if the "living" Jason variants (and Roy) were so vastly different from the undead variants. It is what it is for "reasons".

    How exactly would you propose Jason stops the car when its moving? This also needs to be there for balance purposes... At this point, even if we could chop down a tree to block the road to stop them, that would be new content and will never see the light of day. We are stuck with this mechanic in game... just accept it.

    But throwing the reality out the window for things beyond certain balance points... and the explanation of the "undead" killer himself would bring this franchise too far into the spreadable cheese that just kills an entire movie, or game.
    Take a look back at stories from the 50's. Sci-fi "B" movies where science didn't matter and the writers did zero research before writing their scripts. These movies were meant to be serious... and at the time, they were... but the utter lack of realism on a great many integral parts to the story makes them into comedies as the general population actually learned more. The works of Ray Bradbury come to mind as well.
    Compare these to writers that do their research and know what they are writing about... like Isaac Asimov… or Michael Crichton... and you may understand what I am talking about.
    The less realism in anything contributes to the level of spreadable cheese... Where as the more realism put into it contributes greatly to the quality of the experience. This game was not meant to be a comedy.

    And as far as "realism" with stunning Jason... that one took it way too far in the wrong direction. Which absolutely no one would even complain that it was there if it worked both ways... at least not about Jason being stunned anyway. The same crowd complaining about the patch now would be up in arms if he could stun a counselor even once in a match. The laughable unbelievability comes from the incredibly strong and resilient killer being stunned by 120 pound teenagers... who he has ZERO chance to stun... ever... Yet he is far stronger than any three of them put together.
    The stunning Jason thing is not going anywhere, it will always be a thing in the game. It simply never needed to be as excessive as it was. Cutting our the ability of counselors to keep Jason in a stun animation for 75% of ANY match is a good thing for balance purposes. Now you can't stun Jason in rage mode... so what? Players are STILL having an extremely easy go of it when killing him... Players are STILL escaping in droves despite the claims of it being impossible to get away from Jason... So, you cannot stun him in rage, there was absolutely no buff to any ability he has that would help him catch you and kill you.

    Just so you know... you do not have to quote the entire post when it is a long post. Quoting the line you are responding to gets the point across well enough... or just tagging the person you are responding to like this @Urmomsnewman will suffice... Quoting long posts is also against the forum rules and I would not want you to get banned... I enjoy our little chats.

   It is a very tough question... Slowing the piñata parties down to a crawl and making the Jason kill harder were the point of the patch... and it helped a lot with the piñata parties from what I have seen... killing Jason is another matter though.
   Many players feel the same way you do... Jason does need to be scary and an actual threat, which he is not as long as the whole piñata thing is still an issue... no one is scared of anyone they can stun over and over again... But from the complaints about the patch that have been made, it sure does seem like some people are scared of Jason now... the problem is, these people feel he should not be scary.
    Making the Jason kill harder would be nice too... and I think they actually want to have it that way... but as you said, it is a tough question.

    Escaping should not be easy either, and in many matches it is not... due to circumstances in that particular match more than anything else I think. But in many matches it can be easy to escape, even against an awesome Jason player... due to other circumstances... every match is different... Tough question indeed.

    If they made the grab too easy to pull of, then we would absolutely never see a missed shift grab... which would make even a novice Jason impossible to escape from after he has you in his sights.
    If Jason was made slightly faster, or counselors slightly slower... Jason would always be able to catch up to the slower counselors and slash or grab them without an issue. He is very close to the speed of the slowest counselors now... The running Jason vs the slower counselors when jogging is what I mean.
    No one wants a game that is impossible to come out on top for one side or the other... It is truly a tough question.
 

   These are some interesting suggestions. I agree that the fear mechanic should be slightly harsher... It does slow down your stamina regeneration already and is quite noticeable at high fear levels. Being in close proximity to Jason does quickly raise your fear level. Perhaps stamina regeneration should continue to drop off the longer you stay near him after hitting max fear... hard to say if that is too much or not.
   I also agree that the stamina bonus for hitting Jason is too much... also not necessary in the game at all and promotes this type of behavior. From what I see, it is mainly used for a crutch for players that are only really good at knowing when to swing. I can truly say it is not necessary to be in game as I almost never hit Jason to begin with... and I escape often... My escape ratio is actually a bit higher than it should be in my opinion... and I use the slow counselors. But removing this would not make it more difficult for me as I (almost) never use it.

   As far as playing Jason with a looping counselor, or chasing one counselor that manages to regenerate their stamina with either "lucky" or very well timed hits... Throwing knives are a great thing here. The problem is the hit and miss ratio (which we can make better through practice) and the lack of knives on the map. It takes forever and a day to gather them anyway, and with thick skin and medic, one counselor can eat up an astounding amount of knives even if you do not miss... So I think I will stick with my suggestion of more throwing knives on a map for Jason to pick up.
   A quick throw is impossible to dodge once you are practiced in doing it... and offline bots is actually great for target practice with this... But even being really good at it, there can still be a high miss to hit ratio. I have matches in which I can't seem to hit anyone... and other matches in which it seems I cannot miss.... Also, never quick throw a knife over a table, or other piece of furniture, or even a fire pit... There are still some invisible walls that it will stick into and waste your knife... Directly behind them is the way to go.
   A stationary shift against the furniture they are looping you around confounds them as well... and can easily end the looping.
   Stalk + morph outside + shift back in at them also helps end this quickly... if the looping spot is near a door and the door has been smashed already.

@Fair Play No problem... sorry about the length of the post... again... but it was a multiple response at least.

Maybe Jason should have more variety in his attacks:


A ) The regular swing that hit multiple counselors.
B ) An attack on a single target that stun and/or slow hit down hard
C ) The ability to throw a counsellor that he previously grabbed, potentially damaging/stunning other counsellors too. No instakill, of course.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

His grab still needs work.

I agree with this, his grab is less than ideal. The amount of time I miss when I should have grabbed them is really frustrating still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The update got it alot closer than it has ever been to Jason being...."correct". I hope for more in the future. There are moments in the film where he would simply pop-up out of nowhere. I always had hoped they would add that like a sort of from behind kill. He grabs you through a window, from behind a bush etc..... But alas, I get what there is now and that is it.

                                                                                                                                           Happy Shifting,

                                                                                                                                                 Lance

                                                                                                     (How did Jason get the powers of the evil dead monster?)

                                                                                                                                          Bloodworth IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SouthernMan said:

How did Jason get the powers of the evil dead monster

Lol, borrowed the Necronomicon from a local library. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, borrowed the Necronomicon from a local library. 😉 

Exactly!

@SouthernMan..... he always had it just watch Jason goes to Hell a copy of the Necronomicon is on a dresser in the Voorhees house....no lie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, KenshiroHNK said:

Maybe Jason should have more variety in his attacks:


A ) The regular swing that hit multiple counselors.
B ) An attack on a single target that stun and/or slow hit down hard
C ) The ability to throw a counsellor that he previously grabbed, potentially damaging/stunning other counsellors too. No instakill, of course.


 

A: Jason's swing now does full damage to all counselors hit when he manages to hit multiple counselors... this came with the new patch. This only comes into play IF you hit multiple counselors though... and players that know about it may even be smart enough to space themselves out a bit better. I do not think I have hit two counselors with one swing at all since the update... but I am sure it will happen eventually.

B: If Jason's attacks did stun counselors... could you imagine the river of tears this would bring? I can... A biblical flood comes to mind.
     He does have one attack already that slows them down... His regular attack, or a throwing knife (that makes two if you think about it) with the stipulation that it has wounded them enough to put them in a limping state... and if they are using medic and thick skin... we really have to work for this sometimes.

C : The ability to throw a counselor in his grip would require a new animation which is now impossible due to "reasons"... But, the window toss animation could be used for this, without the window of course... Maybe? It may look a bit weird though... but it never hurts to try and see! I really like this one... a non lethal grab action for Jason. But the part with the stunning other counselors... the river of tears would drown us all!
    There is also the problem of this being a "new" option... If it has a selectable icon and can be equipped and used at the press of a button... it would count as new content... as it was not there before. If it was something more like an involuntary reaction that the Jason player has no control over... Perhaps if he grabs someone when more than two other counselors are nearby he automatically throws the counselor in his grip at one of them? Or he throws the counselor in his grip when struck by another counselor? (I like this one better)... Then it Might? Maybe? Perhaps? count as a balance adjustment? 

   More variety would be awesome, but remember... nothing can be added to the game. Any change now must be done with existing assets in the game already that are actually finished... and approved after running through a ringer of stipulations that we do not even know anything about... There are many things they will not, or cannot tell us.
   This does not mean you or anyone else could not come up with an idea that could be used... if they so chose to use said idea.

    Also, you do not have to quote the entire post like that when it is a long post. It is actually against forum rules... but they do seem to let it slide unless it is excessive. Just quoting a relevant line of text (you can highlight one line of text and it will give you an option to quote the highlighted areas or you can edit down the huge post that you are quoting)… or even a simple tag... like this @KenshiroHNK is enough.
    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

first time i got killed as Jason since the patch wtf

Jason’s not any harder to kill now, you have to pay close attention to the Counselors if you want to avoid dying. 

You can trap your shack to give yourself a bit more warning, or tunnel female Counselors if Tommy is on scene already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Jason’s not any harder to kill now, you have to pay close attention to the Counselors if you want to avoid dying. 

You can trap your shack to give yourself a bit more warning, or tunnel female Counselors if Tommy is on scene already. 

I literally died twice ><

they were well organized and i couldn't do shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

I literally died twice ><

they were well organized and i couldn't do shit

Yeah, the patch didn’t really buff Jason, it just discouraged trolling. A well organized hunting party can kill the best Jason’s in the game, it’s very one sided as of now but don’t worry more changes are planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah, the patch didn’t really buff Jason, it just discouraged trolling. A well organized hunting party can kill the best Jason’s in the game, it’s very one sided as of now but don’t worry more changes are planned.

Now they are trying to kill Jason within 10 mins.

I used Jason Part 2 and I got demasked in 3 blows max...

They should make Jason a better fighter.... And nerf the running...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...