Sign in to follow this  
pilospc

Should Jason Get Another Buff?

I would like to see Jason get rage when his mask comes off. I would also like to see taunting Jason increase rage. 

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Buff and nerf Jason.  

Buff his combat.. Nerf his ability to find counselors.

Jason should be able to easily steamroll through counselors.. But counselors should be harder to locate and track.

IMO this would be the most organic next step in any coming changes.

• Like 1

No. Jason doesn't need another buff. You don't want the counselors being too weak! I get Jason mains want to dominate counselors but this will eventually get boring. I'd rather have a challenge than smooth sailing each game.  I'm sorry but it takes less skill now playing as Jason. I still see players cutting the power for Jarvis and slashing him because he has a knife. If you still need to do this to win, i can see why many thought Jason needed this buff.  

1 minute ago, Vanessaismymain said:

No. Jason doesn't need another buff. You don't want the counselors being too weak! I get Jason mains want to dominate counselors but this will eventually get boring. I'd rather have a challenge than smooth sailing each game.  I'm sorry but it takes less skill now playing as Jason. I still see players cutting the power for Jarvis and slashing him because he has a knife. If you still need to do this to win, i can see why many thought Jason needed this buff.  

Theres no wrong way to kill a jarvis. With the name vanessaismymain kinda stands to reason you main counselors,also deduces why you think Jason shouldnt recieve another buff. I like playing as both. When I am not Jason I feel like if you run across that should be a wrap for me as a counselor. In the films you recieve no quarter. Once he is on you....your done for. I feel like the game should play this way as well. Escapinng should be the exception not the rule. End of speech

3 minutes ago, SouthernMan said:

Theres no wrong way to kill a jarvis. With the name vanessaismymain kinda stands to reason you main counselors,also deduces why you think Jason shouldnt recieve another buff. I like playing as both. When I am not Jason I feel like if you run across that should be a wrap for me as a counselor. In the films you recieve no quarter. Once he is on you....your done for. I feel like the game should play this way as well. Escapinng should be the exception not the rule. End of speech

I don't get people who want the counselors to be so weak all competition is gone. Just because the name i chose, i'm automatically put in the category with the trolls.

No you get put in a group who mains counselors. Since the games inception during beta there have been those that chose to play as counselors and those who have preffered Jason. They have always said (both sides) that the other was overpowered. Hence counselors saying Jaso is to powerful and vice versa. I am a unicorn in the fact that I love and play both sides equally. But as a counselor I dont think a 140lb back street boy should be able to stun a killing machine tank like Jason with a stick.  Its nonsense. Like I said, in the films if you came across him you would be virtually donezo. Thats why I personally believe he should be stronger. But thats just my opinion and words are wind.

27 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I play as lone wolf, that's why i don't like these changes not because i troll Jason.

19 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I don't get people who want the counselors to be so weak all competition is gone. Just because the name i chose, i'm automatically put in the category with the trolls.

Not necessarily in the category with the trolls but certainly not a lone wolf. Lone wolves get things done without alerting Jason, if you do play Vanessa then you can’t be a lone wolf unless you’re god at skill checks. Jason can see your sound blips every time you move, so no stealthily moving parts and as stated Vanessa sucks at repair. 

How exactly do you benefit the team, or do you mean you lone wolf by leading Jason around and ditching him on slower Counselors?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not necessarily in the category with the trolls but certainly not a lone wolf. Lone wolves get things done without alerting Jason, if you do play Vanessa then you can’t be a lone wolf unless you’re god at skill checks. Jason can see your sound blips every time you move, so no stealthily moving parts and as stated Vanessa sucks at repair. 

How exactly do you benefit the team, or do you mean you lone wolf by leading Jason around and ditching him on slower Counselors?

I'm usually the last player alive that's what i mean by lone wolf. I also usually drop off parts and keep Jason busy so the higher maintenance players fix things.

14 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I also got a warning for spamming? I haven't been on here in two days don't really get it but, i apologize for it.

It’s for double posting. Go back and edit your previous post if you have something to add. Don’t worry we all do it in the beginning.

17 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I'm usually the last player alive that's what i mean by lone wolf. I also usually drop off parts and keep Jason busy so the higher maintenance players fix things.

Do you keep him busy by hitting him?

A lone wolf is someone who can get out by themselves, not the last one left alive but I get the confusion.

11 minutes ago, Vanessaismymain said:

I only hit Jason when need be. I mostly kept him chasing after me. 

Then the new patch shouldn’t really effect you. You drop parts off, you don’t increase his rage, and you’re the meta Counselor.

PS. If you want to tag someone instead of quote them, @ followed by their name, no space. 

Jason doesn’t need a buff. He’s already op with this recent patch. It’s his job at the beginning of the match to trap objectives and keep a close eye on them. If he fails to do this and people escape that’s his fault. 

11 hours ago, Vanessaismymain said:

@slasher_clone This new patch only effects me when he's in rage and i'm the last one. I miss being able to protect myself that's all.

I've seen plenty of players survive the night against good Jason's post patch. You just have to be a little smarter with your stamina usage, which btw, can still be replenished with a hit on Jason, just without the stun. Other than that, it's no different than before, just no cheap stuns as Jason rages through a door.

• Thanks 1

This leans more on Jason being a good player or not. Jason being able to kill everyone was a staple, but then the cat-and-mouse was what you're talking about and it's "alien" to people who haven't played this game since launch. Here are some tips for Jason players who are struggling:

-Counselors cannot START with a pocket knife. If the round has just started, grabbing a solo counselor is a good idea.

-Equip the Choke grab to one of your kills. It's not fancy, it's not elaborate, but it requires very little room and can be done almost anywhere. There are few things as frustrating as running down a counselor and finally catching them, only to be unable to do ANY kills because you're not near a kill spot and/or are on weird terrain. Sometimes you need someone dead, this is what you use at those times.

-Trap the phone first then WALK to the next objective you intend to trap. I've lost count of how many times I've trapped the phone then Morphed away, only for the "CLANK" sound to go off as soon as I'm gone. Even as Part 2, it takes too long for you to get back to that trap as the counselor is long gone. Therefore, simply run to the next objective and let your morph charge so that if someone steps in your trap right away, you can snap back there and off-them while they are down on HP and/or items.

-Don't be afraid to slash. Slashing is now super viable against several opponents at once. It'll be up to you if you just want to slash until they die, or if you want to slash until they limp then risk grabbing them. Some players will have a pocket knife AND a health spray, so you run the risk of missing out on an outright kill if you go for a grab. Basically, I suggest slashing if you're in late game or in Rage.

-Throwing knives. Grab every single one you see. Even if it means breaking off a chase to do so. Throwing knives can go away super fast, but they are invaluable for closing the gap, especially in late game. Combine it with slashing and you'll reap salt in excess.

-Check your map regularly. Not just for morphing, but to check on your traps. While it may be common for people to step in traps to undo them, using a pocket knife will result in a silent disarming of the trap and YOU won't hear it, however your map will show the trap has been sprung. While part 7 and 9 have a harder time due to only 3 traps, this is still invaluable for knowing what objective the counselors are focusing on and what objective YOU should focus on protecting.

-Stalk stalk stalk! When Stalk is active, you might spam it. Use it before you morph, use it before you shift, and remember that stalk takes FOREVER to drain if you're just standing still. Counselors will NOT get  the static of you using your powers and will not get any music. Using it before a morph or a shift will result in you just "popping" in front of them, axe swinging or suddenly grabbing. Nothing will throw off a counselor's day than a Jason who has no warning signals when he's coming.

-Rage. Due to the tweek of rage, don't bother grabbing anymore once it activates. Become slasher Jason as the only things that can stun you now are pocket knives, shotguns, beartraps, and the sweater. You remove one of those items from the list if you choose to only slash, and by this point, MOST of the counselors will likely have pocket knives on them.

Practice all this and you'll know exactly how Mother wants you to take care of them. 

• Like 1

I think that Jason should be able to throw improvised items around the map, this surely require a bit of additional level design from the devs but that could be interesting.

Jason should be totally invisible in the minimap during the Stalk.

11 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

Jason should be totally invisible in the minimap during the Stalk.

Totally, not sure why I can see him on my map half way across the map either, you should only be able to see him on your map if he’s marked or within about double sense range. 

• Like 1

Jason should be Thanos in this game. Buff and buff and more buff 'cause one buff ain't ever enough.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Jason should be Thanos in this game. Buff and buff and more buff 'cause one buff ain't ever enough.

😂 I can see it now he enters the new Mad Titan Rage mode and just snaps his fingers and half of all counselors left instantly disintegrate...lol

easy guys that are upset about Op Jason this is just a joke.......maybe. 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

How easy do you want it to be for Jason lol he doesn’t need anymore buffs