Sign in to follow this  
pilospc

Should Jason Get Another Buff?

I know this is going to be an unpopular question but I must ask Should Jason Get Another Buff? I have noticed regardless of all the complaints that more people are surviving then ever before people grind at the beginning of the match and get objectives done quick and escape even i have noticed that escaping has become easier then ever! The reason for this is I believe is because of the rage people are now are super focused on the objectives rather then battling Jason because of the rage and because of that Jason has now even less of a chance at cleaning house as far as iv noticed i'v played 20 or more games since the buff and see more survivors then ever. Maybe this wasn't a good buff for Jason after all and because of this rage mode i believe this gives Jason less time to clean house. Don't get me wrong i'm not against people having a chance to survive and play just the idea here is Jason is still weak or even weaker in my opinion!

How do you all feel? and please be respectful to all and their opinions thanks....

@pilospc The short answer is yes. I'd also suggest adding a poll to give raw numbers to the devs.

In reality the rage change wasn't even a buff. Despite all the people rejoicing about the return of Jason's balls (which was silly since it didn't fix the fundamental flaws). I've made a list (multiple ones at this point) of buffs Jason could receive to make him more of a threat.

Given the meta is switching back to an escape focused one I'm going to only make one suggestion to this problem. I had made the suggestion of changing Jason so that the various incarnations would have four strengths and no weaknesses. 

Using part 4 as an example. He currently has the following. 

Plus: Weapon Strength, Can Run, and Destruction.

Minus: Traps, Shift, and Water Speed.

Under my idea his minus traits would all become neutral. I'm debating weather running Jason's should get a fourth ability or be left with 3 abilities while the walking Jasons get a fourth ability to compensate for the lack of running.

Either way imagine how terrifying some Jasons would become with this change. Imagine how nice a buff this would be for parts 2 and 4. Arguably the weakest Jasons in the game. Imagine part 7 now having 5 traps to play with along with an extra strength. I could go on but I think my point is made.

• Like 2

After we see how the perk rework shakes out, your idea might be a good one @thrawn3054. I’d like to test it and think it could be viable but it might be a bit to much. Sorry I don’t have more feedback to give, it’s an intriguing suggestion. 

34 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

After we see how the perk rework shakes out, your idea might be a good one @thrawn3054. I’d like to test it and think it could be viable but it might be a bit to much. Sorry I don’t have more feedback to give, it’s an intriguing suggestion. 

It probably is too much. On the other hand nobody will complain Jason is weak ever again after that.

• Haha 1

I've noticed an increase in escapes as well, but in my opinion, that's a good thing because that's the whole point of being a counselor, to escape, not hang around and beat up Jason the whole game. I do think there are a few other things that could be done to "buff" Jason, but for the most part I'm perfectly content with how it is now.

No. I’m a Jason guy. But if more counselors are escaping, that means his recent buff worked. And it’s forced people to actually work together to escape before dying. I’d rather have that type of match as Jason. Have counselors frantically scrambling to escape as fast as possible. 

• Like 2

It was an excellent buff, but the higher numbers of escapes were to be expected. Since by now the big majority of the players know a 20 minute pinyata-party isn't an option anymore, their choices are a bit more limited. If they want to survive (assuming a Jason-kill isn't likely) they're probably going to have to work as a team and fix objectives. Since the patch, I've seen a  much higher degree of teamwork from counselors than before, which only reinforces my belief that the patch was a step in the right direction for both sides.

Edit: If counselors decide to arm up and go after Jason post-patch, that is perfectly fine... just don't forget that doing so means you're probably about to buy the farm. Some counselors may see that as "forcing people to play a certain way instead of how they want to", but that's the same pile of bullshit some of them tried to use back when friendly fire was removed.

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@pilospc The short answer is yes. I'd also suggest adding a poll to give raw numbers to the devs.

In reality the rage change wasn't even a buff. Despite all the people rejoicing about the return of Jason's balls (which was silly since it didn't fix the fundamental flaws). I've made a list (multiple ones at this point) of buffs Jason could receive to make him more of a threat.

Given the meta is switching back to an escape focused one I'm going to only make one suggestion to this problem. I had made the suggestion of changing Jason so that the various incarnations would have four strengths and no weaknesses. 

Using part 4 as an example. He currently has the following. 

Plus: Weapon Strength, Can Run, and Destruction.

Minus: Traps, Shift, and Water Speed.

Under my idea his minus traits would all become neutral. I'm debating weather running Jason's should get a fourth ability or be left with 3 abilities while the walking Jasons get a fourth ability to compensate for the lack of running.

Either way imagine how terrifying some Jasons would become with this change. Imagine how nice a buff this would be for parts 2 and 4. Arguably the weakest Jasons in the game. Imagine part 7 now having 5 traps to play with along with an extra strength. I could go on but I think my point is made.

I just posted a poll to help you get the data you are looking for.

I like the idea of four strengths for each Jason. How would you feel about giving the walking Jasons one specific strength, and running Jasons a different specific strength?

• Thanks 1

I’d like the ability to block as Jason without using combat stance. 

On an unrelated question, can you block knifes in the combat stance as a counselor?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I just posted a poll to help you get the data you are looking for.

I like the idea of four strengths for each Jason. How would you feel about giving the walking Jasons one specific strength, and running Jasons a different specific strength?

Well in my head the running Jasons kept running as one of their strengths. I'm not opposed to the idea of a specific extra strength for walking and running ones. I think it would make for more variety if each of them had a different extra strength though. For example I'd love to see a walking Jason with extra traps as a strength. Maybe part 6 to go with the knives. Maybe give part 7 plus morph? Then you have a walking Jason with plus morph and weapon strength. I think those two examples would be pretty deadly combos.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Well in my head the running Jasons kept running as one of their strengths. I'm not opposed to the idea of a specific extra strength for walking and running ones. I think it would make for more variety if each of them had a different extra strength though. For example I'd love to see a walking Jason with extra traps as a strength. Maybe part 6 to go with the knives. Maybe give part 7 plus morph? Then you have a walking Jason with plus morph and weapon strength. I think those two examples would be pretty deadly combos.

Intriguing ideas.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

On an unrelated question, can you block knifes in the combat stance as a counselor?

I meant to ask this on here awhile back. I ran into a couple of guys on Jarvis that got in the glitch spot at main house porch. The front guy was close enough to slash to death but the back guy is out of reach so I used knives. he had two sprays, but i swear I hit this guy with 10+ knives and he was still ticking. He was using block so got me thinking, oh shit does block stop knives? I havnt tried to test it out since, but thank for the reminder, ill have to see if i can replicate if no one else on here knows for sure..

13 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I meant to ask this on here awhile back. I ran into a couple of guys on Jarvis that got in the glitch spot at main house porch. The front guy was close enough to slash to death but the back guy is out of reach so I used knives. he had two sprays, but i swear I hit this guy with 10+ knives and he was still ticking. He was using block so got me thinking, oh shit does block stop knives? I havnt tried to test it out since, but thank for the reminder, ill have to see if i can replicate if no one else on here knows for sure..

12 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I’d like the ability to block as Jason without using combat stance. 

It doesn't stop the knives, but it reduces the damage to the point you're wasting your knife. I believe it takes the damage down to 3 or 4%. My numbers mught not be completely accurate but they're pretty close.

Yes Buff him! Like Brock Lesnar on steroids juice him to the gills! Escape should be a much rarer occurence making it far more rewarding. When I play now I expect to escape.....that shouldnt be the case

Buff and nerf Jason.  

Buff his combat.. Nerf his ability to find counselors.

Jason should be able to easily steamroll through counselors.. But counselors should be harder to locate and track.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

It doesn't stop the knives, but it reduces the damage to the point you're wasting your knife. I believe it takes the damage down to 3 or 4%. My numbers mught not be completely accurate but they're pretty close.

yeah so enough for him to survive and troll me in a glitch spot after I just spent 5 mins searching the map for knives.. bummer..

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Buff and nerf Jason.  

Buff his combat.. Nerf his ability to find counselors.

Jason should be able to easily steamroll through counselors.. But counselors should be harder to locate and track.

I actually like this idea. I've always been sad that stealth wasn't more viable. 

22 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

yeah so enough for him to survive and troll me in a glitch spot after I just spent 5 mins searching the map for knives.. bummer..

That is an unfortunate side effect. One thing I like to do with Jasons,  if they take the bait, is stand a bit back from a window, go into block, and move back and forth. You'd be shocked how often they take the bait and how much they miss.

I think so but it can be done in several ways.

Let Jason reset traps - especially benefits the 3 trap Jasons. Counterbalance, a pocketknife permanently disarms it - balance idea courtesy of @Risinggrave.

Let players choose where they want Sense and Stalk. I like it how it is, but having Stalk at the beginning will make for interesting first morphs.

Make Stalk a toggle as well, similar to Sense. 

If Jason is in chase mode for an extended period of time give him a temporary speed boost.

Take Block out of combat stance. This will really benefit Jasons that get teamed up on, ie: new Jasons or not as skilled players playing against higher level counselors.

At the same time, counselors need better ways to defend themselves when 1-3 players are left at Rage mode. I prefer playing bigger maps. Escapes on Pinehurst are down dramatically due to spatial issues between objective items and objectives. Takes a long time to cart a propeller from Camarillo Camp to below Pinehurst, as well as a good amount of stamina. 

Players also could use a perk to increase stun chance % on Jason during Rage mode.

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think so but it can be done in several ways.

Let Jason reset traps - especially benefits the 3 trap Jasons. Counterbalance, a pocketknife permanently disarms it - balance idea courtesy of @Risinggrave.

Let players choose where they want Sense and Stalk. I like it how it is, but having Stalk at the beginning will make for interesting first morphs.

Make Stalk a toggle as well, similar to Sense. 

If Jason is in chase mode for an extended period of time give him a temporary speed boost.

Take Block out of combat stance. This will really benefit Jasons that get teamed up on, ie: new Jasons or not as skilled players playing against higher level counselors.

At the same time, counselors need better ways to defend themselves when 1-3 players are left at Rage mode. I prefer playing bigger maps. Escapes on Pinehurst are down dramatically due to spatial issues between objective items and objectives. Takes a long time to cart a propeller from Camarillo Camp to below Pinehurst, as well as a good amount of stamina. 

Players also could use a perk to increase stun chance % on Jason during Rage mode.

I'm reasonably sure I didn't come up with it, but am just the most recent to start discussing the concept again. Negative trap Jason's just have too hard a time when Chad or Vanessa can thick skin waltz through traps and be gone before Jason shows. 

Stalking first thing would indeed make for an interesting game. Provided the silent door breakdown is patched out, I'd be for it. 

Hell, I like all these ideas, except the last. I think that stun chance % on Jason should be decided by strength if it were decided counselors could do it at all. So Tommy, Buggzy and maybe Adam would be the ones playing protector, a role their stats would suit them for, if stats outside of speed, stam and luck mattered.

• Like 1