Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co

Changing the CP idea for perks

Recommended Posts

Good evening devs, @mattshotcha

With this post, I would like to ask for the possibility of using CP to improve the perks that we roll in a future update.

One of my biggest frustration of this game is that I can't seem to roll a medic which is better than +8% with no penalty, at the same time I had rolled great perks in the past but with devastating penalties.

I believe we should be allowed to spend our CP not only to roll new perks but also to improve the ones we have already.

As an example I have a 25% stun -1% speed sucker punch, I would LOVE to spend some CP to remove the penalty so it becomes a 25/0.

I think 1000 or 2000 CP for each point, either increase or decrease, to prestige a perk would be an awesome addition to the game.

In my case, I would gladly spend 2000/4000 CP to bring my medic to 10% from 8%.

I believe this suggestion may counter some of the effects of the random number generator. This would entail that one person could personalise a character in a more tailor-made way.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem. I like your idea by the way. Would be nice to be able to use some of that hard earned CP to improve the perks we already have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No problem. I like your idea by the way. Would be nice to be able to use some of that hard earned CP to improve the perks we already have. 

I agree, I just rolled 20000 CP and literally got nothing I need, prestiging mine would solve this :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad idea, might be a bit hard to balance as you would want to keep the cost reasonable for the new players but at the same time charge enough that the people with 300,000 plus CP in the bank couldn’t just min-max all the meta perks. 

Maybe tie the cost to your level, that way lower level players pay less?... it might be seen as unfair, so not a perfect solution though. 

 

Actaully in a perfect world I think it would work if we could zero everyone’s CP bank using a different thing to buy, before the perks improvement system goes online. I guess they could check the backend, figure out what the maximum number of CP a players actually holds, then allow us to purchase unused assets that aren’t new content but have been finished. Rank them on a scale and set the prices so that whoever has the most CP can just barely buy  everything. Have the scale include some low cost items so everyone can participate and get Horror inc.’s one time permission to release clothing and kills that are finished but not in the game. Give everyone a month to buy what they want then zero the CP banks and release the perk upgrade system.

Clothing, Kills, even item skins could be interesting or bloody Counselor skins so you start that way and always look hurt.

You’ll have to excuse my wishful thinking, it’s not likely to happen but a guy can dream (of lingerie) can’t he. It’s funny cause I’d probably just buy kills. Having a new set of machete kills would rock, there goes that wishful thinking again. 

The other thing that might work is letting people purchase up to five stat bonus points that can then be added to your Counselors. Make each cost fifty to hundred K. After purchase you just use the buttons that aren’t active in the Counselor stats screen to add the points straight on to them, clicking to add but never going over ten. Jason could be given a similar buff letting him buy a single point that can be used to turn off a Weakness, make it two hundred K, maybe a quarter of a million. 

Hell, I’d pay a quarter million to never walk slow or always run as Jason without having to push the button. Hope you all get a kick out of my ridiculous fantasy idea that will never happen in our life times.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not a bad idea, might be a bit hard to balance as you would want to keep the cost reasonable for the new players but at the same time charge enough that the people with 300,000 plus CP in the bank couldn’t just min-max all the meta perks. 

Maybe tie the cost to your level, that way lower level players pay less?... it might be seen as unfair, so not a perfect solution though. 

 

Actaully in a perfect world I think it would work if we could zero everyone’s CP bank using a different thing to buy, before the perks improvement system goes online. I guess they could check the backend, figure out what the maximum number of CP a players actually holds, then allow us to purchase unused assets that aren’t new content but have been finished. Rank them on a scale and set the prices so that whoever has the most CP can just barely buy  everything. Have the scale include some low cost items so everyone can participate and get Horror inc.’s one time permission to release clothing and kills that are finished but not in the game. Give everyone a month to buy what they want then zero the CP banks and release the perk upgrade system.

Clothing, Kills, even item skins could be interesting or bloody Counselor skins so you start that way and always look hurt.

You’ll have to excuse my wishful thinking, it’s not likely to happen but a guy can dream (of lingerie) can’t he. It’s funny cause I’d probably just buy kills. Having a new set of machete kills would rock, there goes that wishful thinking again. 

The other thing that might work is letting people purchase up to five stat bonus points that can then be added to your Counselors. Make each cost fifty to hundred K. After purchase you just use the buttons that aren’t active in the Counselor stats screen to add the points straight on to them, clicking to add but never going over ten. Jason could be given a similar buff letting him buy a single point that can be used to turn off a Weakness, make it two hundred K, maybe a quarter of a million. 

Hell, I’d pay a quarter million to never walk slow or always run as Jason without having to push the button. Hope you all get a kick out of my ridiculous fantasy idea that will never happen in our life times.

 

9

Hi Slasher, thank you for your contribution.

I would be ok in both scenarios, I wouldn't mind neither paying more for my perks nor having my CP zeroed so I can prestige starting from scratch.

As for never walk slow or always run, I suggest you to buy a pro joypad.

This is the one I use https://www.nacongaming.com/product/controllers/eport-controllers/revolution-pro-controller-2-ps4/

You can set the dead zone to 0 and high sensitivity, so with a quick press you start to run straight away. Very useful joypad to avoid lags and improve the character's response in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Hi Slasher, thank you for your contribution.

Thanks for your response and the info, I’ve been thinking of upgrading my controller so that’s a very helpful link, not the model I was looking at but looks nice. 

I find it a bit funny my peripherals are all going to cost more than the PS4 but man am I glad that I’m a grown up and can justify it as better quality equipment for a better experience. Lol, the lies we tell ourselves when we want a new toy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not a bad idea, might be a bit hard to balance as you would want to keep the cost reasonable for the new players but at the same time charge enough that the people with 300,000 plus CP in the bank couldn’t just min-max all the meta perks. 

   I think this was mentioned in the perk idea thread somewhere too. And the biggest problem with it is.... so many players have hundreds of thousands of CP... and even over a million or more. Each one of these players would instantly have the best perks in the game. While this may eventually happen, it should not be a thing ten minutes after the changes are implemented. Which is exactly what this would bring us. Lower level players or those with less CP would only take a week or two to grind out what they need and everyone runs the best of the best perks. Unless the costs were ridiculously high... which is the only way this would work... But people would cry about the costs...
   There were other ideas which would not cause a multitude of players to instantly have all of the top tier perks that they want... yet make for a better system. More ideas would be nice to hear... but they probably have what they are doing set already either way.

    The perks rolling system kind of sucks now, we all agree on that... But... This was one of the reasons for the overhaul. There were many that have issues with the perk rolling thingy... well, I can't say many really, it was pretty much everyone had one issue with it.
    The perk overhaul was also meant to make other perks more viable. Not hand out the candy of choice to everyone.

    And if you think people are complaining now... They would all complain until blue in the face if you reset everyone's CP to zero... it would not be pretty. 
    People will complain no matter what happens... either way... Its never pretty... We can't have nice things.
 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The other thing that might work is letting people purchase up to five stat bonus points that can then be added to your Counselors. Make each cost fifty to hundred K. After purchase you just use the buttons that aren’t active in the Counselor stats screen to add the points straight on to them, clicking to add but never going over ten. Jason could be given a similar buff letting him buy a single point that can be used to turn off a Weakness, make it two hundred K, maybe a quarter of a million. 

Hell, I’d pay a quarter million to never walk slow or always run as Jason without having to push the button. Hope you all get a kick out of my ridiculous fantasy idea that will never happen in our life times.

   I like it. I do not really think the counselors need a buff... but for some reason... I like it. Definitely a limited number for each counselor and a high price or that would get out of hand pretty quick too. It feels overpowered on one hand... but you have your balance with Jason "perks"... but they should not cost any more than the counselor's points... Fair is fair and all that.
   Being we do not have the option to purchase these points now, nor cancel a weakness for Jason... it would probably fall under that damnable "new content" thingy.

   I would get rid of the -traps weakness... and still never use more than three traps... too used to it. It never hurts to dream.

   I never thought of running or walking Jason as a strength or weakness... its just what they are. There are many counselors that can prove that running is not a strength for Jason... and many Jason players that can prove that walking is not a weakness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ahab said:

     I like it. I do not really think the counselors need a buff... but for some reason... I like it. Definitely a limited number for each counselor and a high price or that would get out of hand pretty quick too. It feels overpowered on one hand... but you have your balance with Jason "perks"... but they should not cost any more than the counselor's points... Fair is fair and all that.
   Being we do not have the option to purchase these points now, nor cancel a weakness for Jason... it would probably fall under that damnable "new content" thingy.

I figured there were less to buy so the cost would be higher for the Jason perks.

It could also be tied to a level cap increase, grind for those bonus points, one every ten levels.

Just imagine a Jenny with good repair, it would be dirty good with no fear. 

Sorry for the point form, eating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I find it a bit funny my peripherals are all going to cost more than the PS4 but man am I glad that I’m a grown up and can justify it as better quality equipment for a better experience. Lol, the lies we tell ourselves when we want a new toy.

It's not a lie if it's true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It's not a lie if it's true...

Really, that’s the post in this topic that you respond to, wait actually it’s good to see you have your expectations (none of my other ideas are realistic) and priorities in order. 

A new controller would probably make it a more enjoyable experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Really, that’s the post in this topic that you respond to, wait actually it’s good to see you have your expectations (none of my other ideas are realistic) and priorities in order. 

A new controller would probably make it a more enjoyable experience.

I love to keep members on their toes with my responses.

Never feel guilty about treating yourself to a "new toy" every once in a while. Consider breaking it in when the perk system gets the love we are all hoping for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I love to keep members on their toes with my responses.

Never feel guilty about treating yourself to a "new toy" every once in a while. Consider breaking it in when the perk system gets the love we are all hoping for.

I should go through the list again and see if the new patch makes me think of anything new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks for your response and the info, I’ve been thinking of upgrading my controller so that’s a very helpful link, not the model I was looking at but looks nice. 

I find it a bit funny my peripherals are all going to cost more than the PS4 but man am I glad that I’m a grown up and can justify it as better quality equipment for a better experience. Lol, the lies we tell ourselves when we want a new toy.

A good controller really changes the quality of your experience :)

As for people with thousands of CP, then maybe we could introduce prestige points PP with a new update, and these are the only that can be used to improve a perk.

People keep their CP like now and we have another system equal for everybody to improve a perk.

50 to 100 PP per COMPLETED match and 2000 PP to add or remove a 1%, this will require 80-90 games to improve all of my perks, I think that's fair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I figured there were less to buy so the cost would be higher for the Jason perks.

It could also be tied to a level cap increase, grind for those bonus points, one every ten levels.

Just imagine a Jenny with good repair, it would be dirty good with no fear. 

Sorry for the point form, eating.

   But would the Jason player just permanently keep that weakness shut down or just for one match? It would be more interesting over time to change the weakness you would be turning off... instead of shutting down just one forever.
   Perhaps a permanent change would not be desired to a counselor either... it would be interesting to experiment with different builds on one counselor... many people seem to only ever play one counselor.
    An even lower price for points and perks that are burned out after one use... or maybe 3 or 5 uses? It would burn everyone's CP down to zero if it costs more for each use than you make in a round consistently.... giving CP meaning again.

    Jenny's repair is the only reason I do not play her much... it takes forever... But with the no fear build... and a 8 stamina on A.J. or 9 stamina on Mitch... mass hysteria. Stamina management is all that slows me down with them... and both have good composure and repair as well already. Everyone is faster than Jason so speed is irrelevant to me.
     Certain players using certain builds could be seriously overpowered here though... but for some reason... I like it.
 

18 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

As for people with thousands of CP, then maybe we could introduce prestige points PP with a new update, and these are the only that can be used to improve a perk.

People keep their CP like now and we have another system equal for everybody to improve a perk.

   That is a great idea and it would make the perk improvement by purchase idea work... slower than a day or three until max perks are everywhere at least.
    Everyone has to work as much as everybody else for that "special" perk boost to max level. But how many levels are there... I do not know the answer to this. I have seen some legendaries bellow my best Epic... several steps of pluses and minuses between the legendaries I have now and all of the lesser duplicates I have rolled. Should it be a one price purchase from worst perk to best version, or a charge for each step of it? How many matches would it take to have enough points to do it? Because we are not talking about people improving all of their perks... otherwise 80-90 matches to complete would even sound reasonable... but the system will be abused on two perks and abandoned after perhaps two more for most players.

    Remember... most people are only going to bother with two perks, and we all know it... Medic and Thick Skin... And this will lead to top tier medic and Thick Skins everywhere you see these perks being used now... which is a lot. Sucker Punch and Swift Attacker as well.
    Depending on what (or if anything) happens to these perks in the overhaul... this could be a good thing or a bad thing. I would not be against it at all if medic and thick skin were the last two perks you could upgrade like this as they are the most common and in the majority of player's opinions... the best perks... and sucker punch and swift attacker we could purchase right before medic and thick skin for the same reasons. They  should not be an option for improvement until they are all that is left... People may even try some different perks this way as well.
    Its not like the best stuff should get handed out first anyway.

    But being we do not have these new points for purchase already, they fall under "new content" once again. A way to do this with the current assets in the game would be good, if someone could come up with one.
    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

and a 8 stamina on A.J. or 9 stamina on Mitch... mass hysteria. 

Mitch became my main because of Jenny’s repair, but I didn’t necessarily want anyone to know what I had in mind for him. He would be a beast, lol. Glad you like it.

I figure they’d be equip able, so you could change the stats in your character screen pre-match or in the main menu. You’d have a set number (5ish) and could use them on any Counselor. There are a number of ways to implement it, so I’d leave that to the people who have to program it. It could come with a max of 2 points being awarded to any one stat, to balance it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ahab said:

   But would the Jason player just permanently keep that weakness shut down or just for one match? It would be more interesting over time to change the weakness you would be turning off... instead of shutting down just one forever.
   Perhaps a permanent change would not be desired to a counselor either... it would be interesting to experiment with different builds on one counselor... many people seem to only ever play one counselor.
    An even lower price for points and perks that are burned out after one use... or maybe 3 or 5 uses? It would burn everyone's CP down to zero if it costs more for each use than you make in a round consistently.... giving CP meaning again.

    Jenny's repair is the only reason I do not play her much... it takes forever... But with the no fear build... and a 8 stamina on A.J. or 9 stamina on Mitch... mass hysteria. Stamina management is all that slows me down with them... and both have good composure and repair as well already. Everyone is faster than Jason so speed is irrelevant to me.
     Certain players using certain builds could be seriously overpowered here though... but for some reason... I like it.
 

   That is a great idea and it would make the perk improvement by purchase idea work... slower than a day or three until max perks are everywhere at least.
    Everyone has to work as much as everybody else for that "special" perk boost to max level. But how many levels are there... I do not know the answer to this. I have seen some legendaries bellow my best Epic... several steps of pluses and minuses between the legendaries I have now and all of the lesser duplicates I have rolled. Should it be a one price purchase from worst perk to best version, or a charge for each step of it? How many matches would it take to have enough points to do it? Because we are not talking about people improving all of their perks... otherwise 80-90 matches to complete would even sound reasonable... but the system will be abused on two perks and abandoned after perhaps two more for most players.

    Remember... most people are only going to bother with two perks, and we all know it... Medic and Thick Skin... And this will lead to top tier medic and Thick Skins everywhere you see these perks being used now... which is a lot. Sucker Punch and Swift Attacker as well.
    Depending on what (or if anything) happens to these perks in the overhaul... this could be a good thing or a bad thing. I would not be against it at all if medic and thick skin were the last two perks you could upgrade like this as they are the most common and in the majority of player's opinions... the best perks... and sucker punch and swift attacker we could purchase right before medic and thick skin for the same reasons. They  should not be an option for improvement until they are all that is left... People may even try some different perks this way as well.
    Its not like the best stuff should get handed out first anyway.

    But being we do not have these new points for purchase already, they fall under "new content" once again. A way to do this with the current assets in the game would be good, if someone could come up with one.
    

Hi Ahab, thank you for your input.

I understand your point about abusing and I would say I don't think it is wrong that someone after 80-90 matches plus all the previous months of game to have a maximised perk.

It is precisely the concept about leveling up and empowering your character and after tens of hours of game I believe there is nothing wrong with having a character exactly like you want him or her to be.

This random system is frustrating, I have gone from level 1 to level 150 twice in the hope of getting the perks I really wanted and it did work mostly. 

I just need a better medic perk without penalties, and it doesn't seem terrible to me to have a +10%/0 medic after almost 2 years of game and extra 80-90 matches. 

Having prestige points would be simply a goal to pursue to improve my characters.

Now, if this is new content and impossible to deliver then :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Mitch became my main because of Jenny’s repair, but I didn’t necessarily want anyone to know what I had in mind for him. He would be a beast, lol. Glad you like it.

I figure they’d be equip able, so you could change the stats in your character screen pre-match or in the main menu. You’d have a set number (5ish) and could use them on any Counselor. There are a number of ways to implement it, so I’d leave that to the people who have to program it. It could come with a max of 2 points being awarded to any one stat, to balance it.

    I've been playing A.J. for a while now... it will soon be time to switch back to Mitch for a while... or maybe Jenny for a bit. If I use Adam for a while I tend to get used to that extra bit of speed and it screws me up when I switch back to slower counselors. I really do not play the others very much unless a random bug happens.

    One more thing that would be hilarious, but will never happen... Have a stream with special guest star... Tommy Chong playing Mitch in character from the old Cheech and Chong movies... But he would need his own "special" emote. That would be something to see... but I doubt the younger generations would even get the joke... The resemblance between Mitch and a young Tommy Chong is uncanny... which I think was intentional... There is no such thing as coincidence... there is only mitigating circumstances. 

    Two max instead of five to one stat would seem more balanced. It would be fun to experiment with different builds on different counselors... Different strengths and weaknesses on Jason variants would also be interesting to play... as long as balance is not thrown to the wind.
    Is it new content if the devs shift the stats on counselors for say... an event?... Shifting stats around for whatever reason can be put to balance changes... Particularly if the "event" was meant to test out certain builds for various counselors for a possible permanent change? or even an attempt to balance something through stat changes?
 

12 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

I understand your point about abusing and I would say I don't think it is wrong that someone after 80-90 matches plus all the previous months of game to have a maximised perk.

   My only problem with it is the multitude of players that would instantly have the best perks in the game... the "all at once " part of it. Which would not be nearly as big of a problem if 80% used something other than medic and thick skin... It may not be as high as 80%... but we all know the number is still in the majority by far. This could be a much bigger change in balance than many realize, particularly after the perk rework is finished... and no one can make any real call on that until they know more about it.
   Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the perks I use maxed out too... but we need to keep in mind the consequences.
   I am at 1118 hours as of right now according to my steam profile. There are many players with much more time in game than me. I have friends on steam with more than 2,000 hours (excellent players too). I am sure there are players with more than them too.

   We all agree that the current "rolling for perks" thingy is frustrating. Its a big part of the reason that they are getting a rework.
   I have a great medic perk already... but I never use it, so I cannot remember the exact stats on it. A perk that I use for the no fear build on certain counselors that I have I can remember without going into the game though... Epic preparedness: 9% fear resistance with no penalty to sprint speed. As far as I am concerned, if I rolled a legendary with any penalty... I would still keep my epic perk in this case. Unless the 1% penalty worked like it should... but I don't think it does... This is a problem with some other perks as well. I do have many perks without penalties... but I do not use many of them anyway. My own meta is the no fear build with marathon. It works great for me, what ever I am trying to do In game. I only change out marathon for something else once in a while.
   As far as rolling legendary perks as it stands now... I spent close to, or more than 1,000,000 CP so far on it. I have 14 legendary perks. The gap between rolling a legendary for me was often above 20,000 CP. Very rarely did I roll a legendary with 10,000 or less between two of them. I think it was up around 40,000CP between them at the highest that I saw. I also rolled quite a few doubles of the perks I already had, kept the better ones and sold the ones that were worse.... and Aquanaut... I got a legendary Aquanaut so many times its not funny. Needless to say, that is one of the few I do not keep.
   I cannot remember how many hours it took to roll perks with that much CP... but I just watched movies while doing it and it was not a big deal for me. It merely stopped me from reading a book while I watched movies... which was indeed... frustrating. A change for the better would be welcome.

   Its not terrible for you to have that perfect medic perk... nor is it terrible for anyone else to max it out... or any other perk for that matter. As I said above, its the "all at once have it immediately" part of it... Which is why I like your prestige points idea. Its fair... without being harsh on new players or on players that have been here since forever... or anyone in between.

    Would it be new content if you didn't change the name to prestige points... and still used CP to do it... but it must be earned above the amount you have at the time of the update?
     Or how about using 50-100 med sprays on other counselors bumps your medic perk up a level towards the best of the best. Using the map 1000-2000 times to level up preparedness? Taking 50-100 hits or traps for thick skin to up that perk a notch? And so on. This kind of thing is in game already for badges and achievements... we know it keeps track of these things already. The player highlight on the main page has not changed for a while... but it used to, and each time it did there were different stats from the game that it showed. Things are kept track of already.

    If it counts as an adjustment it could be done... if it can be done with existing in game assets that are finished... and within all the horrendous restrictions they have (99.99% of which we are all unaware of). The perk rework is a "balance adjustment" thingy... but we do not know what they are doing with it... or the ordeal it was to get it all o.k.ed. The biggest question is... if they could do this, how much hassle would it be to do it? How difficult is it to do? How much would it cost to do? Is it worth doing? Work takes time, and time is money and money is time... and you can take that to the bank.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ahab said:

    I've been playing A.J. for a while now... it will soon be time to switch back to Mitch for a while... or maybe Jenny for a bit. If I use Adam for a while I tend to get used to that extra bit of speed and it screws me up when I switch back to slower counselors. I really do not play the others very much unless a random bug happens.

    One more thing that would be hilarious, but will never happen... Have a stream with special guest star... Tommy Chong playing Mitch in character from the old Cheech and Chong movies... But he would need his own "special" emote. That would be something to see... but I doubt the younger generations would even get the joke... The resemblance between Mitch and a young Tommy Chong is uncanny... which I think was intentional... There is no such thing as coincidence... there is only mitigating circumstances. 

    Two max instead of five to one stat would seem more balanced. It would be fun to experiment with different builds on different counselors... Different strengths and weaknesses on Jason variants would also be interesting to play... as long as balance is not thrown to the wind.
    Is it new content if the devs shift the stats on counselors for say... an event?... Shifting stats around for whatever reason can be put to balance changes... Particularly if the "event" was meant to test out certain builds for various counselors for a possible permanent change? or even an attempt to balance something through stat changes?
 

   My only problem with it is the multitude of players that would instantly have the best perks in the game... the "all at once " part of it. Which would not be nearly as big of a problem if 80% used something other than medic and thick skin... It may not be as high as 80%... but we all know the number is still in the majority by far. This could be a much bigger change in balance than many realize, particularly after the perk rework is finished... and no one can make any real call on that until they know more about it.
   Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the perks I use maxed out too... but we need to keep in mind the consequences.
   I am at 1118 hours as of right now according to my steam profile. There are many players with much more time in game than me. I have friends on steam with more than 2,000 hours (excellent players too). I am sure there are players with more than them too.

   We all agree that the current "rolling for perks" thingy is frustrating. Its a big part of the reason that they are getting a rework.
   I have a great medic perk already... but I never use it, so I cannot remember the exact stats on it. A perk that I use for the no fear build on certain counselors that I have I can remember without going into the game though... Epic preparedness: 9% fear resistance with no penalty to sprint speed. As far as I am concerned, if I rolled a legendary with any penalty... I would still keep my epic perk in this case. Unless the 1% penalty worked like it should... but I don't think it does... This is a problem with some other perks as well. I do have many perks without penalties... but I do not use many of them anyway. My own meta is the no fear build with marathon. It works great for me, what ever I am trying to do In game. I only change out marathon for something else once in a while.
   As far as rolling legendary perks as it stands now... I spent close to, or more than 1,000,000 CP so far on it. I have 14 legendary perks. The gap between rolling a legendary for me was often above 20,000 CP. Very rarely did I roll a legendary with 10,000 or less between two of them. I think it was up around 40,000CP between them at the highest that I saw. I also rolled quite a few doubles of the perks I already had, kept the better ones and sold the ones that were worse.... and Aquanaut... I got a legendary Aquanaut so many times its not funny. Needless to say, that is one of the few I do not keep.
   I cannot remember how many hours it took to roll perks with that much CP... but I just watched movies while doing it and it was not a big deal for me. It merely stopped me from reading a book while I watched movies... which was indeed... frustrating. A change for the better would be welcome.

   Its not terrible for you to have that perfect medic perk... nor is it terrible for anyone else to max it out... or any other perk for that matter. As I said above, its the "all at once have it immediately" part of it... Which is why I like your prestige points idea. Its fair... without being harsh on new players or on players that have been here since forever... or anyone in between.

    Would it be new content if you didn't change the name to prestige points... and still used CP to do it... but it must be earned above the amount you have at the time of the update?
     Or how about using 50-100 med sprays on other counselors bumps your medic perk up a level towards the best of the best. Using the map 1000-2000 times to level up preparedness? Taking 50-100 hits or traps for thick skin to up that perk a notch? And so on. This kind of thing is in game already for badges and achievements... we know it keeps track of these things already. The player highlight on the main page has not changed for a while... but it used to, and each time it did there were different stats from the game that it showed. Things are kept track of already.

    If it counts as an adjustment it could be done... if it can be done with existing in game assets that are finished... and within all the horrendous restrictions they have (99.99% of which we are all unaware of). The perk rework is a "balance adjustment" thingy... but we do not know what they are doing with it... or the ordeal it was to get it all o.k.ed. The biggest question is... if they could do this, how much hassle would it be to do it? How difficult is it to do? How much would it cost to do? Is it worth doing? Work takes time, and time is money and money is time... and you can take that to the bank.

Thank you Ahab, an excellent thought-provoking post :)

Let's now hope that prestige points wouldn't count as new content and maybe we will get a better perk system 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna keep it short and sweet. Legendary perks are not legendary! They shouldnt have a value less than epics and they shouldn't have a negative. End of story. Make legendary perks actually legendary! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Johnnyproduce said:

Gonna keep it short and sweet. Legendary perks are not legendary! They shouldnt have a value less than epics and they shouldn't have a negative. End of story. Make legendary perks actually legendary! 

Sure, sounds good to me.

I believe this is one of the things Wes asked us to weigh in on. We should give him an idea of what we all think and off the top of my head I can’t think of any reason this wouldn’t make sense. I seem to recall thinking that’s how they’d work when they were announced. 

Edit - maybe someone could start a poll, I got to go?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nicola.zanetti.it@gmail.co said:

Thank you Ahab, an excellent thought-provoking post :)

Let's now hope that prestige points wouldn't count as new content and maybe we will get a better perk system 

   We can only wait and see what they do with the new perks system... I hope they do something good with it. I do not think it will be a massive change to the whole system, more like small adjustments here and there. But they know how everyone feels about the current "rolling for perks" system and I am thinking that will be something that will have changes made to it... hopefully for the better.
   My biggest hope for the perk overhaul is that it does not throw overall balance to the winds in either direction. To much of a buff to perks would be just as bad as too much of a nerf to perks... just in a different way. But I have learned over the years not to keep hopes or expectations too high... it reduces the disappointment when reality sets in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...